Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge redone

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge redone

Unread postby DaveHer » 30 May 2023, 01:23

There is a shrine where you can use the key and it will take you to Emerald Island. :D It should have had a name Emerald Island Key. Sorry.
Dave

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 17 Jul 2023, 08:00

Hello
I've been enjoy the most quite a while, just curious do we have any further implementation of new map, given some guy putting much effort of new map in MM7.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 20 Jul 2023, 07:44

phamlongtuan wrote: 17 Jul 2023, 08:00 Hello
I've been enjoy the most quite a while, just curious do we have any further implementation of new map, given some guy putting much effort of new map in MM7.
No Sorry.
David

Kinox
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kinox » 22 Jul 2023, 15:06

Hello, there;

I often struggle with being too conservative playing new games (and mods); but now I've decided to take a good look on MMMerge Redone for real. Basically, I am adept to Grayface Patches for a long time for each of the three MMs, and also I could not miss Rodril's fantastic MMMerge Base. I know there are other cool Mods out there but then I have my strainge conditions; maybe they'll have to wait more time.

But I think it was definitively a great idea to get this whole Redone thematics, alternative world, into MMMerge; so that one can actually experience a M&M Mod but in a 'triple combo' —if you see what I mean (the whole experience)! Besides this, there is this whole flavor of new aesthetics and (so far I've understood) even some different story elements... all mutiplied by 3, in a single game.

However, the installation process seems a bit complicated on a first glance.
When I look at the site, there is a "MM678 Merged Redone V2.0" link; but then, there are also 3 other patches above it. I don't know if I should ignore all the 3 patches and follow the instructions on the first page of this thread, patch all of them, or should I only include the latest patch "Patch two for MergeRedone v2.0" on top of the main link previously mentioned. And, then, if the latter is the case, when to patch it regarding the installation instructions?

Thanks!
Best regards.

PS Edit: Already solved: no need to download any of the Patches.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 23 Jul 2023, 16:27

Kinox wrote: 22 Jul 2023, 15:06 Hello, there;

I often struggle with being too conservative playing new games (and mods); but now I've decided to take a good look on MMMerge Redone for real. Basically, I am adept to Grayface Patches for a long time for each of the three MMs, and also I could not miss Rodril's fantastic MMMerge Base. I know there are other cool Mods out there but then I have my strainge conditions; maybe they'll have to wait more time.

But I think it was definitively a great idea to get this whole Redone thematics, alternative world, into MMMerge; so that one can actually experience a M&M Mod but in a 'triple combo' —if you see what I mean (the whole experience)! Besides this, there is this whole flavor of new aesthetics and (so far I've understood) even some different story elements... all mutiplied by 3, in a single game.

However, the installation process seems a bit complicated on a first glance.
When I look at the site, there is a "MM678 Merged Redone V2.0" link; but then, there are also 3 other patches above it. I don't know if I should ignore all the 3 patches and follow the instructions on the first page of this thread, patch all of them, or should I only include the latest patch "Patch two for MergeRedone v2.0" on top of the main link previously mentioned. And, then, if the latter is the case, when to patch it regarding the installation instructions?

Thanks!
Best regards.

PS Edit: Already solved: no need to download any of the Patches.
Install MM678 Merged Redone V2.0, then Patch4Redond V2.0, and then Patch two for MergeRedone V2.0. Overwrite everything. If you install it in this way, you will not have many problems. There are three minor bugs that have been found.

Kinox
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kinox » 25 Jul 2023, 16:10

DaveHer wrote: 23 Jul 2023, 16:27Install MM678 Merged Redone V2.0, then Patch4Redond V2.0, and then Patch two for MergeRedone V2.0. Overwrite everything. If you install it in this way, you will not have many problems. There are three minor bugs that have been found.
Thanks!

Well, I'm assuming then, the 2 extra patches must be applied, in that other, but only after all the basic installation steps (1-6, of the list below) are achieved.
DaveHer wrote: Installation:
1. Do a clean installation of MM8 CD or GoG version.(not included)
2. Install MMEditor and MMExtension2.2 in any order (included). The folders go into the MM8 installaion folder.
3. Install "MM678_Merged Redone" Place the following folders and files of this zip file into the "Might and Magic VIII" installed folder. (Anims, DATA, DataFiles, ExeMods, Music, Scripts, Binkw32.dll, mm8.exe, mm8.ini, MM8patch.dll, MM8Setup.Exe, MP3DEC.ASI, Mss32.dll, Mssa3d.m3d, Mssds3dh.m3d, Mssds3ds.m3d, Msseax.m3d, Mssfast.m3d, and Smackw32.dll). Overwrite all files. Do a short cut of the MM8setup.Exe to your desk top. Right click on it and select properties. Click the compatibility tab and set it to window XP service pack 3. Do the same for MM8.Exe but do not make a short cut.
4. Run Game. Do not create party. Exit. This will let GrayFace Patch 2.5.7 know that you have the merge installed and will install the correct files.
5. Install GrayFace Patch 2.5.7 (included).
6. Play the game. Have fun.
This info is in the MergeRedoneReadme.txt that in the zip file.

Additionally, there was this coincidence; in which, as I was just starting to play MMMerge Redone, Rodril has just uploaded a new Base MMMerge version with some tweaks. Do you think MMMerge Redone itself, now, may be getting some update soon, in order to 'synchronize' with that new version? Or better not to expect this currently?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 28 Jul 2023, 09:31

@Kinox
Yes, the 2 extra patches must be applied after all the basic installation steps (1-6) are applied. No, there will not be upgrades. There is no need. The first patch fixes a lot of things.
David

Kinox
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kinox » 28 Jul 2023, 20:48

DaveHer wrote: 28 Jul 2023, 09:31 @Kinox
Yes, the 2 extra patches must be applied after all the basic installation steps (1-6) are applied. No, there will not be upgrades. There is no need. The first patch fixes a lot of things.
David
Thanks; this has important impact in my planning.

I'll probably be doing parallel game plays, with different installations.
On one hand, I'll start playing MMMerge Redone for the first time; on another hand, that latest version of Base MMMerge. :up:

Kinox
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kinox » 31 Jul 2023, 23:31

🐞
MMMerge Redone Bug Reports

Hello!
As I'm playing, I'll be listing here whatever bug I find in the mod. Beware: also, will be updating this post, for simplicity):

2023-July:
⁂ Dagger Wound Island: Ston' NPC's Portrait appears as a prohibited sign, and his name appears as... something like 'placeholder'. This happened after talking to him at his original place near the caravans, after the automatic message event appears as we wander around the map; but I believe the issue occurs always indifferently of the event.
⁂ Dagger Wound Island: Exceptionally, Spacebar doesn't allow Entering the Adventurer's Inn, only LMB-Click.

PS: Sorry about the big bug emoji. Forum thinks it's that big. :D

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 01 Aug 2023, 10:22

Kinox wrote: 31 Jul 2023, 23:31 2023-July:
⁂ Dagger Wound Island: Ston' NPC's Portrait appears as a prohibited sign, and his name appears as... something like 'placeholder'. This happened after talking to him at his original place near the caravans, after the automatic message event appears as we wander around the map; but I believe the issue occurs always indifferently of the event.
⁂ Dagger Wound Island: Exceptionally, Spacebar doesn't allow Entering the Adventurer's Inn, only LMB-Click.
Did you finish MM6 and MM7 parts of the Merge? You were not supposed to install MM8 redone.
David

Kinox
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kinox » 01 Aug 2023, 17:42

DaveHer wrote: 01 Aug 2023, 10:22Did you finish MM6 and MM7 parts of the Merge?
Well, no. The current strategy I'm using playing MMMerge games in general has been to always start in Jadame. Is that not a valid option for the mod?
I've just started the adventure: will take forever to finish a single Continent; unless rushing is critical? I don't know more storyline details, because I have never completed even the Base MMMerge for instance.
DaveHer wrote: 01 Aug 2023, 10:22You were not supposed to install MM8 redone.
I've re-checked my downloaded installation files... but I used the "MM678_Merged_RedoneV2.0" data. So, I didn't download the MM8 Redone by accident. The copy-pasted files & folders were all referring from the correct downloaded content (MMMerge Redone and MMMerge's two Patches).

Maybe could be a minor mistake in the installation process; I'll retry installing; if you have any other idea, I'll be around.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

EDIT:

Ok, so, here something I found out:

If I play using 3D Accelerated Hardware (set up from MM8Setup.exe), the new Redone world props, such as new plants, don't show their names in the UI; additionally, that Spacebar unworking behavior I've mentioned, happens to the Adventurer's Inn in Dagger Wound Island (but I believe this bad behavior would be pervasive to many other Spacebar iterations; it's like that the plants and the Adventurer's Inn don't exist as interactions).

As soon as I switch to "Software 3D", instead of "3D Accelerated Hardware", the props names appear normally, and the Spacebar interaction works with that Adventurer's Inn.

I was attempting to play MMMerge Redone with 3D "Accelerated Hardware", but maybe it is not entirely supported? Although the UI and the graphics worked as expected, it broke the interactions —at least in this installation on my PC.

So, at least part of the issues got clearer to understand and track down.
However, playing on Software 3D do not solve the Ston' NPC problem; and I can confirm now it is happening regardless of the the automatic message event; just starting a new game in Jadame and talking right away to him shows the same problem.
Do a short cut of the MM8setup.Exe to your desk top. Right click on it and select properties. Click the compatibility tab and set it to window XP service pack 3. Do the same for MM8.Exe but do not make a short cut.
I would like to know if possible: could some variations of these specific steps cause wreak havoc in the installation? Like, assuming "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)" are set to both files, but why is it required to make shortcut to desktop in the case of MM8Setup.exe? And which one should be used to run the game after everything is installed (or doesn't matter)? Thanks.

PS2: Also: could it be possible that "MM8.Patch.v2.5.7" GrayFace Patch, also requires to be set to "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)" before patching? I played on Linux OS usually, so I never had to do those changes; but now I'm on Windows 11. So, for example: in Windows, I figured out I needed to apply these changes ("Windows XP (Service Pack 3)") also to mm8che, otherwise it wouldn't affect the games. However, CE (Cheat Engine) doesn't require this adaptation.

magic_screen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby magic_screen » 29 Sep 2023, 05:41

rampage77t wrote: 11 Dec 2022, 02:40
justl wrote: 08 Dec 2022, 15:32 Hi,

another thing i noticed:

sometimes, when changing into turn based modus, some monster in the near vision vincinity dont seem to recognise this - they walk around and stop after only some seconds.

some other enemys simply try to walk, but get stuck in other enemys with the walk animation - making the turn based modus waiting endlessly (without your chars getting a turn)

justl

I understand that to solve this problem you have to go to the extra settings and set off the box that says "Improved Pathfinding". With that the creatures will move in turns just like in vanilla.
Where is this extra settings and "Improved Pathfinding"? I have the same hang-up problem in Castle Harmondale during turn-based battle.

Never mind. I have found it. It is in the Controls of the game, up, next to "Might and Magic the world of Enroth" title. Need a game restart to effect.

Ajax Hound
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ajax Hound » 29 Sep 2023, 19:59

Thank you for this amazing mod!
I know it's a minor thing but Is it possible to mod in a different main menu art somehow?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 30 Sep 2023, 02:20

Ajax Hound wrote: 29 Sep 2023, 19:59 Thank you for this amazing mod!
I know it's a minor thing but Is it possible to mod in a different main menu art somehow?
I am not sure what you mean. Your question sound like modding the game with a different main menu art. :|
David "Thanks for the complement."

Ajax Hound
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ajax Hound » 30 Sep 2023, 08:56

DaveHer wrote: 30 Sep 2023, 02:20 Your question sound like modding the game with a different main menu art. :|
Yes, I'm kinda new to modding MM that's why it may sound offtopic, I'll research the subject myself but I just wanted to confirm if it is still possible to change main menu art after applying your mod and patches. The merge and redone mod is very inspiring and I'd really like to have a Larry Elmore art as main menu art if possible :embarrased:

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 03 Oct 2023, 01:26

Ajax Hound wrote: 30 Sep 2023, 08:56
DaveHer wrote: 30 Sep 2023, 02:20 Your question sound like modding the game with a different main menu art. :|
Yes, I'm kinda new to modding MM that's why it may sound offtopic, I'll research the subject myself but I just wanted to confirm if it is still possible to change main menu art after applying your mod and patches. The merge and redone mod is very inspiring and I'd really like to have a Larry Elmore art as main menu art if possible :embarrased:
The one person to answer that question is Rodril.
David

alekssandros
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby alekssandros » 14 Dec 2023, 23:45

alekssandros wrote: 25 Apr 2023, 08:40
well, thanks for the aswer to both. I'm actually om june 15th... I'll check if some great enchantment appears and I'll inform you if not :applause:
A few days after writing this, my HDD crashed. I managed to recover the disk but everything about the game was lost and now I realize that I lost the SAVES of the game.
Any suggestions on how to recover them? I had spent many hours T_T

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 15 Dec 2023, 23:11

alekssandros wrote: 14 Dec 2023, 23:45
alekssandros wrote: 25 Apr 2023, 08:40
well, thanks for the aswer to both. I'm actually om june 15th... I'll check if some great enchantment appears and I'll inform you if not :applause:
A few days after writing this, my HDD crashed. I managed to recover the disk but everything about the game was lost and now I realize that I lost the SAVES of the game.
Any suggestions on how to recover them? I had spent many hours T_T
There are programs that can recover deleted files. Go to a search engine and type "programs that can recover deleted files".
David

alekssandros
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby alekssandros » 17 Dec 2023, 03:23

DaveHer wrote: 15 Dec 2023, 23:11
There are programs that can recover deleted files. Go to a search engine and type "programs that can recover deleted files".
David
[/quote]

I tried four! No Files :(

Maybe some day I will restart again :wall:

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 17 Dec 2023, 11:01

alekssandros wrote: 17 Dec 2023, 03:23
DaveHer wrote: 15 Dec 2023, 23:11
David
I tried four! No Files :(

Maybe some day I will restart again :wall:
[/quote]
Sorry, that happened to you. But that happens to a lot of people. It is a good idea to save your save game files to a CD.
David

Return to “Might and Magic”