Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge redone

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
alekssandros
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge redone

Unread postby alekssandros » 16 Apr 2023, 11:41

Question before installing:

This Merge has the original merge intercontinental quest + redone quests?

or just redone quests?

cheers!
Last edited by alekssandros on 27 Apr 2023, 19:12, edited 3 times in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 16 Apr 2023, 20:26

alekssandros wrote: 16 Apr 2023, 11:41 Question before installing:

This Merge has the original merge intercontinental quest + redone quests?

or just redone quests?

cheers!
It has all of the original merge content and a whole lot more.
There are three files that need to be installed. Make sure to install in the correct order. instructions are at the download site.
Also read the readme files for all three files.
David

alekssandros
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby alekssandros » 18 Apr 2023, 22:02

is there a hotkey for the attack spell selected or it is always autocast over the bow?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 19 Apr 2023, 06:44

alekssandros wrote: 18 Apr 2023, 22:02 is there a hotkey for the attack spell selected or it is always autocast over the bow?
The hot key for setting spell cast is "S". You will see 7 tabs on the left side when you open the spell book. The very bottom is to exit spell book. The next one up, is for setting a spell to the "S" key. The next one up, is for setting a spell to the "A". You must have set a spell for the "A". You have to undo that.
David

alekssandros
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby alekssandros » 19 Apr 2023, 08:54

I cant fly on Sweet Water... Looks like you elevate the terrain to the top... Its made on purpose or just a mistake?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 19 Apr 2023, 22:31

alekssandros wrote: 19 Apr 2023, 08:54 I cant fly on Sweet Water... Looks like you elevate the terrain to the top... Its made on purpose or just a mistake?
I think Rodril did it on purpose. To make it harder.
David

herrylauu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby herrylauu » 21 Apr 2023, 01:59

Thanks for sharing this

Treesprite17
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Treesprite17 » 21 Apr 2023, 09:43

Hello! just installed this mod and it looks great. I am just wondering, I have found a lot of icons to be replaced (like spellbooks) which i do not prefer, as a lot of the old inventory items are nostalgic for me. I do not mind them being updated to be say, improved, HD or whatever, but completely different models is not what i am looking for. Does this mod completely change a lot of inventory item models (spell books, armour, weapons etc) ?

Thank you!

Also. Is it normal that the mouse look from original merge is disabled in this mod? I am having to look around with A and D keys, but i prefer the mouse look. Does anyone know how to get this back?

Always great to see people still working on these great games :) Thanks for all the good work.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 21 Apr 2023, 11:03

Treesprite17 wrote: 21 Apr 2023, 09:43 Hello! just installed this mod and it looks great. I am just wondering, I have found a lot of icons to be replaced (like spellbooks) which i do not prefer, as a lot of the old inventory items are nostalgic for me. I do not mind them being updated to be say, improved, HD or whatever, but completely different models is not what i am looking for. Does this mod completely change a lot of inventory item models (spell books, armour, weapons etc) ?

Thank you!

Also. Is it normal that the mouse look from original merge is disabled in this mod? I am having to look around with A and D keys, but i prefer the mouse look. Does anyone know how to get this back?

Always great to see people still working on these great games :) Thanks for all the good work.
This mod may not be for you, because it does change a lot of armor, sorry. The mouse can be activated in the MM8 Ini file.
David

alekssandros
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby alekssandros » 23 Apr 2023, 09:26

Do you know if enchanting system from MM6 for powerfull enchantments is required? (MM6 need days of full moon for that)

Full moon is every month from 15th to 18th but dunno if MM7/8 require this because Merge is based on MM8 engine :oex:

Another question, is there something like MM6 CIRCUS in Erathia and/or Jedame?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 24 Apr 2023, 19:47

alekssandros wrote: 23 Apr 2023, 09:26 Do you know if enchanting system from MM6 for powerfull enchantments is required? (MM6 need days of full moon for that)

Full moon is every month from 15th to 18th but dunno if MM7/8 require this because Merge is based on MM8 engine :oex:

About the enchantments: I really do not now. Maybe someone else can answer that question. About the Circus they only appear in the MM6 Part of the merge.
David

Tomsod
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Tomsod » 24 Apr 2023, 20:14

The original MM6 engine never varied Enchant Item power with time (only with skill), and I don't think Merge does either. Scholar NPCs occasionally do say that noon allows for stronger enchantments (although I don't remember anything about moon phases), but it's not actually true. (In vanilla, that is. I implemented the noon thing in my MM7 mod!) The only magical effect of noon is that at 12:00 sharp all Light spells cost 0 magic points to cast. (And the same is true for Dark spells and midnight.)

alekssandros
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby alekssandros » 25 Apr 2023, 08:40

I was asking about something with great rewards like MM6 Circus piramid game :D
Tomsod wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 20:14 The original MM6 engine never varied Enchant Item power with time (only with skill), and I don't think Merge does either. Scholar NPCs occasionally do say that noon allows for stronger enchantments (although I don't remember anything about moon phases), but it's not actually true. (In vanilla, that is. I implemented the noon thing in my MM7 mod!) The only magical effect of noon is that at 12:00 sharp all Light spells cost 0 magic points to cast. (And the same is true for Dark spells and midnight.)
well, thanks for the aswer to both. I'm actually om june 15th... I'll check if some great enchantment appears and I'll inform you if not :applause:

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 26 Apr 2023, 17:07

alekssandros wrote: 25 Apr 2023, 08:40
I was asking about something with great rewards like MM6 Circus piramid game :D [/quote]

MM7 and MM8 part of the merge are exactly the same as the original with the extra stuff I add. So therefore, the answer is no.
David

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 14 May 2023, 18:43

hi,

have done a full playthrough now - i havent encountered anything else then the tower in deyja.
all other things seem to be related to the underlaying vanilla mod from rodril (nothing major or unfixable things)

thx for making this mod.

best regards,
justl
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 17 May 2023, 03:03

justl wrote: 14 May 2023, 18:43 hi,

have done a full playthrough now - i havent encountered anything else then the tower in deyja.
all other things seem to be related to the underlaying vanilla mod from rodril (nothing major or unfixable things)

thx for making this mod.

best regards,
justl
Thanks for the report and you are welcome.
David

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 28 May 2023, 12:46

Hello
Does anyone know what does Newname Key work in MM7, could not figure it out. Many thanks.

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 28 May 2023, 12:51

phamlongtuan wrote: 28 May 2023, 12:46 Hello
Does anyone know what does Newname Key work in MM7, could not figure it out. Many thanks.
It's just dummy item to be replaced, items.txt is full of those. If you actually received this key, that is a bug. Where did you get it?
Unfinished mod by me: MM7 Rev4 mod, MMMerge version.

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 28 May 2023, 15:42

Eksekk wrote: 28 May 2023, 12:51
It's just dummy item to be replaced, items.txt is full of those. If you actually received this key, that is a bug. Where did you get it?
Nah bro, I received this key from guy in Harmondale, from series of three quest, receive shield from noble plate, by using three amulet. The guys from Harmondale clearly state that this is the key to Emerald Island.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 29 May 2023, 16:32

phamlongtuan wrote: 28 May 2023, 15:42
Eksekk wrote: 28 May 2023, 12:51
Nah bro, I received this key from guy in Harmondale, from series of three quest, receive shield from noble plate, by using three amulet. The guys from Harmondale clearly state that this is the key to Emerald Island.
its part of the new miniquests dave has had installed in his redone merge
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Return to “Might and Magic”