Merge "missing" MM8 promotion quests - ideas (with text & icons)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Echo
Demon
Demon

Merge "missing" MM8 promotion quests - ideas (with text & icons)

Unread postby Echo » 01 Jul 2021, 15:40

Hey, so from what I understood, one of the big differences between 6-7 and 8 is that 8's promotions are basically double the basic promotion. And that coding is not the biggest hurdle in adding the 1st promotion to make it equal across the continents.

I thought I'll write out some possible quests. Use them if you wish, or let them rot if that's your desire :tongue:
I've attempted to make them easier than the original promotion quests, as they're meant to be "step 1" of 2 step promotions.

KNIGHT (Cavalier -> Champion):
Task: Find a sword stuck in stone in Ravage Roaming and pull it out. 50 might required.

[Questgiver; male, human]
Selzed Stormsage
[Quest Log]
Pull out a sword from a stone in Ravage Roaming and bring it to Selzed Stormsage in Garrote Gorge.
[Quest Text]
So you're looking to become a Cavalier? I hear you, but you need to prove your worth to me first. There will come a time for combat and glory, but it would be unwise to rush your enemies without a proper blade. There is a rock somewhere in the Ravage Roaming, in which a sword is stuck - a nod to a tradition of old. Partake in the old custom and try to take the sword out. If you succeed, bring it back to me as proof and you shall be granted the title of a Cavalier.
[Reminder]
Having trouble finding the rock in that pile of rocks to the south? Or was the rock stronger than you? Consider drinking some good brew. There are no rules. There's only victory. Or defeat, I suppose.
[Completion]
Well, well, well! Look who strolls in wielding the beautiful blade! I can see from your bulging muscles you deserve both the blade, and the promotion. Be well, Cavalier, and may the blade serve you in the battles to come.

NECROMANCER (Dark Arcanist -> Lich):
Task: Reanimate a corpse in Dagger Wound Islands (requires waterwalk; could be just clicking some statue/pile of bones/grave like MM7 dwarves in mines or something, have zombie join as NPC like the dwarves do too. Casting reanimate on the sprite would be the best, but idk if possible so imagination might suffice :creative:).

[Questgiver; female, necromancer]
Avershara
[Quest Log]
Reanimate the resting prophetess buried on one of the Dagger Wound Islands and lead (what remains of) her to Avershara in Shadowspire.
[Quest Text]
To become a Dark Arcanist you have to prove your commitment to the dark arts of necromancy, and your skill in wielding the Dark Magic. There is no test better than bringing back to life that, which should remain dead. Travel to the Dagger Wound Islands and find a burial site of an old prophetess of the sun's church. Bring her dessicated corpse to life and lead her to me. For that, I shall show you the ways of the arcana of darkness.
[Reminder]
I don't see the prophetess with you. Have you forgotten your task?
[Completion]
Ah... how delightful. We will have so much fun together, dear, you'll forget all about this silent fury flickering in your dead eyes. As soon as I'm done with my friend here, I'll set the teapot on the stove. *Avershara turns to you* Wonderful job, truly, you captured that unforgettable essence of hers. The knowledge you seek is already yours, but I'll make sure you're officially recognized as the Dark Arcanist. Now go. I have a guest to attend to.

CLERIC (Acolyte -> Priest of the Sun)
Task: Shine a beacon in Shadowspire (there is a sprite in the MMEditor that looks like a flaming ball, if it could be spawned upon clicking the ring on the tallest Shadowspire hill that'd work - can it? I don't know cause I'm a dummy :tongue: )

[Questgiver; male, human]
Alycon Brinn
[Quest Log]
Place a focusing beacon on the tallest hill in Shadowspire and return to Alycon Brinn in Murmurwoods.
[Quest Text]
There is a place in Jadame where our influence doesn't reach. If you seek initiation into the order, the first step is becoming an Acolyte of the Sun. To earn this honor, you will need to complete a simple, yet vital task for the temple. Make your way to Shadowspire and climb the tallest hill. There, place a focusing beacon which will amplify the magic of our priests who venture on missions into that forsaken region. Here, take this ring. The enchantment within shall summon the light once you're in the right place.
[Reminder]
You haven't placed the beacon yet. Please, don't tarry, it will help our people in their most difficult trials.
[Completion]
Thank you for lighting the beacon. I could feel its light permeate the cursed area and disperse the shadows, letting our minds reach our companions and support them. You've done our church a wonderful favor and it's my utmost pleasure to bestow upon you the title of an Acolyte. Walk in light, friend, and may the shadows flee from your path.

DARK ELF (Sentinel -> Patriarch [I'd swap them around cause Sentinel sounds much cooler, but that's subjective :-D])
Task: Acquire a jar of blue jelly from the Wasp Hive.

[Questgiver; female, elf]
Jallije Leafcatcher
[Quest Log]
Acquire a jar of Blue Wasp Jelly from the Alvarian hive and deliver it to Jallije Leafcatcher in Alvar.
[Quest Text]
Ah, a fresh face, it's always good to see one. You're looking to become a Sentinel? I see. Well, I do happen to have a task for you, and though it may sound trivial, please believe me, it is anything but. There is an aggressive weed spreading in the region that causes a painful skin irritation to our scouts. The one remedy we know for it is Blue Wasp Jelly, produced by the local Wasp Queens - interestingly so, they only started creating it after the weed presence grew. Surely it's related. Either way, bring me a jar of the jelly and you'll have the title. Don't frown - life of a sentinel is not filled solely with shining glory. The smallest things in life can bring the greatest misery, and we must protect our people from those as well.
[Reminder]
No luck finding that Blue Wasp Jelly? Damn, the weed-burnt scouts will not be happy to hear that! You think about them tonight as you fall asleep, maybe that will give you some much needed motivation.
[Completion]
Ah, lovely! Yes, that's the exact thing we need. Thank you, your people will be grateful. I'll get it right into their eager hands right away, and you can wear the title of a Sentinel with pride from now on. Oh, and if you've got any nasty wasp stings, drop by the temple, they've got different miracle ointments for that.

VAMPIRE (Elder Vampire -> Nosferatu)
Task: Kill a special troll and bring a vial of his blood

[Questgiver; male, vampire]
Tithone Vamaranti
[Quest Log]
Obtain a vial of blood from the hermit troll often found in the river bed in Garrote Gorge, and bring it to Tithone Vamaranti in Ravenshore.
[Quest Text]
Seeking a promotion, are you, fledgling? Very well then, first you learn the hierarchy among us. I - a Nosferatu - stand above you. And so you will run to the other end of the realm to satisfy my whim. What whim, you ask? A vial of troll blood, but don't be foolish, I'm not interested in juices of some simpleton loitering about the desert, no. I want you to go hunt a hermit wandering the riverbanks of Garrote Gorge, a troll whose blood has been infused with divine energy after decades of meditation and is said to not only quench thirst, but take away the signs of aging frozen in time in vampire's features. So go now, fledgling, you know your quest. And take a sip yourself, once the body hits the ground. You could use it.
[Reminder]
Do you have the blood vial? Oh, woe is me! The thirst for youth shall haunt me another night...
[Completion]
Yes, yes, yes! Give it to me. *Tithone downs the entire phial in one gulp* Glorious! Oh, I can feel it rushing through my veins, all of them, it spreads so well... The big ones, the small ones, their hair-like endings... straightening the wrinkles, lifting up the skin... You've certainly earned your promotion, but kindly take your leave now and let me fall apart in my bliss surrounded by sweet solitude.

TROLL/BERSERKER(War Troll/Bloodwarden -> Ancestral Guardian/Ancestral Guardian) [Clubman is the name of MM8 troll variant, alternatively go with War Troll -> Troll Chieftain or something, but to keep the original names I guess this might have to do since "War Troll" is extremely lame as a final title and hard to make something lamer, hence Clubman ;P)
Task: Acquire the hoof of the centauri chieftain.

[Questgiver; male, troll]
Wamhog Guthirc
[Quest Log]
Bring the hoof of a Centaur Chieftain to Wamhog Guthirc in Ironsand Desert.
[Quest Text]
You want to be a Bloodwarden (Troll Clubman)? Well, better get your club out and prepare to spill some blood, as I will promote no wimp here. You will head to the plains north of Ravenshore and find me a centaur chieftain - the big one, the one other chieftains kneel before. You will find him, and you will club his hoof off, and then bring that hoof to me. Hope that will remind them never to touch another one of my traveling people again. Blasted creatures. Made me never take a coach to travel, can't stand the sight of horses, I tell you.
[Reminder]
Is the hooved creature dead yet? Remember to tell him why he's getting clubbed. Otherwise it won't make no sense, I don't think.
[Completion]
There it is, at long last. Hope it puts my son's soul to rest. Blasted creatures. You've done me a great favor, and in my eyes, you're more than your new title. But to others, go and be known as Bloodwarden (Troll Clubman).

Minotaur(Minotaur Guide -> Minotaur Lord)
Task: Find a lost minotaur (quest giver doesn't promote, the lost minotaur promotes and ends the quest) - NPC in some house/cave/whatever and wherever you please.

[Questgiver; male, minotaur]
Solmund
[Quest Log]
Find the lost minotaur Ninegos and give him the letter from his community.
[Quest Text - by Solmund]
Bless you for knocking at my door for I need your help. Would you be willing to assist me? Most of us aren't as worldly as you are, traveling the world was never what we did eagerly, and now that our home must be rebuilt and brought in shape, leaving is even more difficult. But one of ours is out there, alone. Ninegos is his name. He left in a crisis of faith, when his confidence collapsed and left him a husk. He said he would not bother us, and not drag us down in this trying time, and he disappeared before we got a chance to convince him he wasn't a burden! You must find him and help him find his way back to our community. Here, take this letter from us and give it to him, make sure he reads it! We will be honored to grant you the knowledge and skills you're after, if you but help us find our lost brother. Please.
[Reminder - by Solmund]
Have you found Ninegos yet? Please, hurry. The world outside won't make it easier for him to find a way to be whole once more.
[Completion - by Ninegos]
You've searched for me on Solmund's request? I... what is this? A letter from him? From... all of them? *Ninegos hesitates before reading the letter, but finally gives in when he sees you're waiting for him to do it* Oh no... I-I didn't mean to do this to them, I didn't want them to worry! I... I became someone else once the flood came, and I didn't want them to meet that Ninegos. I didn't like him at all, I thought I had to leave and try to find my way back to who I used to be. But... they're right. I won't remember what it means to be part of Balthazar's Lair when I'm so far away from it. And the pain in this letter... they deserve better. I can do better. Thank you. I shall go back, my Guide. Visit me there any time. Your face will always help me remember this day.

Dragon(Flight Leader -> Great Wyrm)
Task: Visit plane of fire with a given egg in inventory.

[Questgiver; male, dragon]
Nedromah
[Quest Log]
Take Nedromah's descendant to the Plane of Fire and infuse the egg with the flames' unnatural power.
[Quest Text]
I am aware that happened to Jadame was horrid, I am not blind to the ruin lain to the many beautiful places, leaving folks homeless, or dead. So don't misunderstand me when I say that there is some good to be found in the ashes. Good and evil are rarely mutually exclusive. If you wish to earn your right to be called the Flight Leader, take this egg to the Plane of Fire. The energy of that place is incredible, and I believe it can bestow my descendant with fire unseen yet in the history of our race. It is too big of a risk for one of us to go there, not with the hunters tracking our moves. You, though, you can bring her to that incredible source of power. Be warned though, should anything happen to the egg, you will never be truly welcome among us again.
[Reminder]
You haven't yet taken my descendant to meet the flames of the fire plane. Don't try to trick me, I can tell the truth.
[Completion]
Ah, so it is done, then? Long will be these years, as I wait for her to arrive and astonish us with her marvelous fire. You've done well, and for that I promote you to the Flight Leader. Fare thee well, and never bow your head down to those, who demand it.
Last edited by Echo on 03 Jul 2021, 23:13, edited 27 times in total.

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Re: Merge "missing" promotion quests - my ideas (with text)

Unread postby Eksekk » 01 Jul 2021, 16:25

AMAZING! I'd vouch for implementing this in Community MMMerge.
Last edited by Eksekk on 01 Jul 2021, 16:28, edited 1 time in total.
Unfinished mod by me: MM7 Rev4 mod, MMMerge version.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 01 Jul 2021, 21:28

Echo wrote:TROLL/BERSERKER(Troll Clubman/Bloodwarden -> War Troll/Ancestral Guardian) [Clubman is the name of MM8 troll variant, alternatively go with War Troll -> Troll Chieftain or something, but to keep the original names I guess this might have to do since "War Troll" is extremely lame as a final title and hard to make something lamer, hence Clubman ;P)
It's Barbarian - Berserker - Warmonger here. (Press F to pay respects to MM2-MM5 Barbarian.)
Note it's possible to have different [visual] class names depending on race, continent, etc. - see Data/Tables/CustomRaceClassNames.txt

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 01 Jul 2021, 21:58

cthscr wrote:
Echo wrote:TROLL/BERSERKER(Troll Clubman/Bloodwarden -> War Troll/Ancestral Guardian) [Clubman is the name of MM8 troll variant, alternatively go with War Troll -> Troll Chieftain or something, but to keep the original names I guess this might have to do since "War Troll" is extremely lame as a final title and hard to make something lamer, hence Clubman ;P)
It's Barbarian - Berserker - Warmonger here. (Press F to pay respects to MM2-MM5 Barbarian.)
Note it's possible to have different [visual] class names depending on race, continent, etc. - see Data/Tables/CustomRaceClassNames.txt
Should still work sense-wise, I put in whatever name popped into my head here. Couldn't check these on wiki :tongue:

Anyhow, all are done. If you ever wish to use them, feel free to modify them in any way you see fit, obviously :creative:
Last edited by Echo on 01 Jul 2021, 22:23, edited 2 times in total.

lightbringer23
Pixie
Pixie

Re: Merge "missing" MM8 promotion quests - ideas (with text & icons)

Unread postby lightbringer23 » 05 Jul 2021, 00:33

VERY cool ideas! My full support, for whatever that's worth. I'll always take quest content.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 05 Jul 2021, 13:27

Thanks :) Alas, coding quests is definitely not my thing. So I just wrote them out in case someone rolls in who'd like to code some quests, but writing them out was not their thing in turn ;)
Last edited by Echo on 05 Jul 2021, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 05 Jul 2021, 16:15

Just don't expect them to be implemented too soon.
Meanwhile: added NPCs will require portraits, locations and some other texts (iirc every quest-giving NPC had at least two topics).
Last edited by cthscr on 05 Jul 2021, 16:28, edited 2 times in total.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 05 Jul 2021, 16:59

It's gonna be ages before I get to play MM again, so I don't expect anything from anyone :tongue: My current free time is running out, it's gonna be a while since I can drop by here and contribute something again, so I wanted to leave this or that in case it's useful at some point in the future. No worries.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 17 Jul 2021, 19:28

MM8 Troll promotion quest is probably the messiest. There should be someone called Dartin Dunewalker somewhere in Ravage Roaming who tell you about Murmurwoods (now this line is attached to Volog Sandwind). Quest is completed when you entered Ancient Troll Home AND is completed second time when you kill all basilisks there (I think you can guess what's on my mind with that second completion).

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 18 Jul 2021, 18:24

As long as we're on the subject, how about adding the Antagarich Three (Thief, Monk, Ranger) to Enroth?

Thief -> Rogue (Replaces "Protection Services Membership" topic)
Solve the riddles in the Thieves' Hideout and return to Marcellus Lutvig near Castle Stone
So you want to be recognized as proper rogues? Bah, you probably just want to raid caravans. If you really want to prove your worth as a rogue rather than a simple brigand, then let's do something for Anthony Stone, shall we? The Prince of Thieves has a hideout near Castle Stone, and this hideout is apparently connected to a few of their other hideouts. Find out where and how, and report back to me. If you happen to find the Prince of Thieves while you're at it, make sure you bring him around here for Anthony's sake.
Feh. Mere brigands the lot of you. Come back when you've finished your task, then I'll call you proper rogues.
Your eyes tell me you've done the task - or at least, enough of the task to be done with it. Excellent. I'll record all this for Lord Stone, of course you'll be credited for it, and in the meantime consider yourselves proper Rogues rather than mere Thieves.

Rogue -> Burglar (new topic)
Steal from the Dragon Riders north of Castle Kriegspire, and return irrefutable proof of the fact to Marcellus Lutvig near Castle Stone
You want to become something more than rogues? My, but you are getting a bit big for your britches. If you wish to be known far and wide as a Burglar, well... Tradition dictates that you steal something of value from a Dragon Horde in order to properly claim this title, but none of the named dragons of Enroth have hordes - Longfang is infamous for not having one. I propose something a bit more useful - and for Lord Stromgard, a bit more cathartic as well. North of Kriegspire is a series of caverns that currently house "Dragon Riders." I don't care what or how, but bring me back irrefutable evidence that you have raided their coffers. Anything else you find is yours to keep.
I believe I said 'Irrefutable Evidence.' Nothing you have shown me so far qualifies.
Ah, yes. Yes. This journal scrap could only have come from the hand of the - now former - leader of the Dragon Riders. Between your raid on their nest and their ill-fated attack on the village of Kriegspire, the dragon riders should now be little more than a bad memory. I will gladly recognize the Rogues among you as proper Burglars. Treasure Hunters. Whichever name you prefer.

Ranger -> Hunter (replaces ??? Membership topic)
Aid the Fire Lord
The task I would ask of you is beyond you as you are now. However, there is a way to prove to yourselves that you are capable. East of the village of Hareckburg is a being known as the Fire Lord. He is in pain. You will assist him. Once you have done so, I will be more confident in asking what I would of you.
The Fire Lord is yet in pain. I will not ask of you my true task so long as he suffers.
The pains of the Fire Lord have been eased. I shall consider you Hunters in deed and in name. Come to me when you are ready for the task I would ask of you.

Hunter -> Adventurer (new topic)
Find and destroy Agar, and return to <NPC> with proof.
I have a specific task for you to do. Do it and I'll name you an Adventurer among adventurers. During the Succession War, Archibald Ironfist made a devil's deal with a mad sorceror known as Agar. This being created foul abominations and let them loose upon the world - vulture-like griffons upon the Eel-Infested Waters, and floating demonic eyes upon the peoples of Darkmoor. Find where he hid after the war. If he yet lives, kill him. Then return to me with proof.
Tales of your deeds are one thing, but to be known as an Adventurer in truth I need proof of the deed that I can handle with my own hands.
North of Kriegspire... I should have guessed as much. You've done as I asked, and performed a mighty service for Enroth in the doing. Truly you are Adventurers in word and deed - and if any protest, I'll correct them myself!

Monk -> Initiate (replaces random topic)
Drink from the Fountain of Youth and return to Hejaz Mawsil in New Sorpigal
You wish to become an Initiate after my order? An interesting request. At the southern end of the Sentinels, not far from the Isle of the Hermit, there is a fountain. This fountain is next to an obelisk stone. Drink from that fountain and return to me. The nature of this task is such that you can neither imitate nor conceal success in this matter. Once you have travelled this road, I will initiate you in the ways of my Order.
I cannot initiate you into my order if you have not done as I asked. Go and do.
You have travelled one of many roads to do so, but you stand before me after having drunk of the Fountain of Youth. Yes, I will initiate you in the ways of my Order.

Initiate -> Mystic (replaces Buccaneer's Lair Membership topic)
Speak with Sir John Silver about the Silver Helms, and report back to Hejaz Mawsil in New Sorpigal
Our Order is brother to the Order of the Silver Helms, but as you have seen with your own eyes there is a stench of corruption among them. Sir John Silver never would have stood for it, and the scope of the problem leads me to believe that it goes all the way to the top. Go to their headquarters west of Silver Cove and confront Sir John about their actions. If he cannot answer for his own Order's doings, then discover why. Either way, return to me with the answer.
Would you take the sins of our brother order upon yourselves? Seek out Sir John Silver, and learn why he has failed those he swore to protect.
So that is what happened. Truly the treachery went deeper than we had imagined. If you will accept it, I name you as a Mystic after our order, and will so train you. May you wear the title wisely.

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 18 Jul 2021, 18:32

These are amazing too! Though, if I understand correctly, the last one (Initiate -> Mystic) is gonna involve fighting? Because just going and talking to NPC is too easy, it might be present as one of promotional quests (Knight -> Cavalier), but more than that is too much IMO.
Last edited by Eksekk on 18 Jul 2021, 18:33, edited 1 time in total.

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 18 Jul 2021, 19:01

Also, I have designed one additional quest for merge (it's #10 from this topic), it involves gathering quest items scattered across all 3 continents. I'd be honored if Merge developers decided to use it.

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 18 Jul 2021, 21:12

Eksekk wrote:These are amazing too! Though, if I understand correctly, the last one (Initiate -> Mystic) is gonna involve fighting? Because just going and talking to NPC is too easy, it might be present as one of promotional quests (Knight -> Cavalier), but more than that is too much IMO.
It's the same basic idea as the "break the Werewolf curse" quest you get in Blackshire - a simple request that leads to a somewhat less simple request as part of its resolution. You can return to Maria Trepain/Hesaj Mawsil after only completing their part of the quest, but you have one more quest in your quest log than you started with if you do that (Sir John Silver charges you with actually rooting out the corruption, though he doesn't give you a specific quest to do so)

I may switch Initiate and Mystic's quests around, since the Silver Helm Stronghold isn't particularly dangerous at that stage. Then again, "drink from a particular fountain" is more or less trivial in Merge and the fountain in question is only guarded by titans and hydrae
Last edited by raekuul on 18 Jul 2021, 21:18, edited 4 times in total.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 19 Jul 2021, 17:17

I love these new quest ideas! I would welcome them in the merge any time.
raekuul wrote:As long as we're on the subject, how about adding the Antagarich Three (Thief, Monk, Ranger) to Enroth?
These are fantastic as well! I would probably just keep the existing class names instead of inventing new ones, though: Spy, Ranger Lord and Master would be fine and simple.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 20 Jul 2021, 06:16

raekuul wrote:Rogue -> Burglar (new topic)
Dark Shade is Evil Gnome Robber.

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 20 Jul 2021, 10:17

Yeah but if I use "robber" then the "burglar/expert treasure hunter" joke gets lost (it's a reference to The Hobbit)

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 22 Jul 2021, 18:37

cthscr wrote:MM8 Troll promotion quest is probably the messiest. There should be someone called Dartin Dunewalker somewhere in Ravage Roaming who tell you about Murmurwoods (now this line is attached to Volog Sandwind). Quest is completed when you entered Ancient Troll Home AND is completed second time when you kill all basilisks there (I think you can guess what's on my mind with that second completion).
Preamble: to fulfill 'Find Ancient Troll Homeland' quest you don't have to enter Ancient Troll Home, just see it's entrance transition screen (unchanged MM8 behavior). Now it's a quest for promotion from Barbarian to Berserker.

Dartin Dunewalker (id=40 [Elgar Fellmoon alter ego in MM8]) is placed in Ravage Roaming's Bull's Eye Inn (house_id=235). Pic (not used by other npc): Image
Topic1 (id 40, changed): "Ravage Roaming" - (NPCText id 2714 [added]) "I didn't expect to meet another willing to explore this unfriendly region. I trust you made it here safely?"
Topic2 (id 37, present in MM8 [attached to Volog], unchanged, active only with QBits 68 set [my addition]): "Curse of Stone" - (NPCText id 45, unchanged) "You were sent to find the Ancient Troll Home?
Your assistance is welcomed!
I am at a loss; the clues I followed to this region have lead to a dead end.
No one here knows about the Curse of the Stone mentioned in our legends.
The Ogre Mage, Zog was less than helpful.
I was lucky to escape his fortress with my life. Although, he may have provided assistance with out meaning too!
When I mentioned the Curse of the Stone, he said if I bothered him further, he would be sure to cage me with his pet Basilisk!
Basilisks roam the Murmurwoods!"

Hobb Sandwind (id=67) is the questgiver for tier2 promotion (Berserker to Warmonger). And got a portion of lame texts (that should be turned into something more appropriate).
Topic: "Warmongers"
Give text: "Can you please clear Ancient Troll Home from these nasty Basilisks? All Berserkers in your party will be promoted to Warmonger."
Undone text: "If you ever want to be considered Warmonger candidate you should have no problem with ordinary Basilisks. Come back after you finish them."
Done text: "So those Basilisks are no longer a threat? Great news! All Berserkers among you have been promoted to Warmonger."

As I said, quest event is already present in MM8, I just changed corresponding QBits.
Status text [present in MM8]: "You have Killed all of the Basilisks in this Ancient Troll Home"
QBits text (287): "Clear Ancient Troll Home of Basilisks"
Autonote text (696): "Killed all of the Basilisks in the Ancient Troll Home."

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 22 Jul 2021, 21:46

Topic: "Warmonger promotion"
Give text: "If you wish to be promoted to Warmonger, you must show that you are capable both in steel and in courage. Since you've already found our sacred home, and you say it's populated by monsters, a good test would be clearing it of basilisks, so the dead may rest in peace. If you can do that, you will be instantly declared Warmongers."
Undone text: same as cthscr's
all other texts: same as cthscr's
My lame proposal :)
Last edited by Eksekk on 22 Jul 2021, 21:50, edited 2 times in total.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 23 Aug 2021, 15:10

Echo wrote:Task: Find a sword stuck in stone in Ravage Roaming and pull it out.
Sword coordinates are required. I don't mind using (4489, -13360) but there could be a better spot.

Return to “Might and Magic”