Tutorial: creating chests with MMEditor and Blender

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Tutorial: creating chests with MMEditor and Blender

Unread postby Eksekk » 01 Jul 2021, 14:37

Hey, I wanted to share my creation which will hopefully lead to development of more advanced MM mods. It's a chest creation tutorial on outdoor maps. Once I understand more I might also share how to modify indoor maps for inserting chests. The tutorial also works for other objects like altars, though you need to change event handler (

Code: Select all

evt.map[eventID]
stuff). Here's the link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/dq684uek ... l.rtf/file
If you're from the far future and link is not working, send me a PM. If you don't understand something in the tutorial or wanna create more advanced working objects like altars, drop a message here and we'll solve the problem or write the appropriate script to facilitate advanced objects.

Oh, and once you've compiled the map, you'll need to insert it into one of main game archives (where are other .odm/.ddm files) using MMArchive (but first backup this file) and start a new game to see effects. You can use

Code: Select all

evt.MoveToMap{Name = "mapname"}
in debug console to quickly test your object.
Last edited by Eksekk on 01 Jul 2021, 16:22, edited 2 times in total.
Unfinished mod by me: MM7 Rev4 mod, MMMerge version.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Tutorial: creating chests with MMEditor and Blender

Unread postby cthscr » 01 Jul 2021, 21:44

There are 20 chests per map possible, usually events for all of them are already present in evt file (even if there's no corresponding chest object on map).

Return to “Might and Magic”