M&M Merge Dress-up Gallery Thread

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

M&M Merge Dress-up Gallery Thread

Unread postby Xfing » 25 May 2021, 19:41

So my long time dream has come true and a true integration of M&M 6, 7 and 8 assets has come to life, thanks to the efforts of this great community. I said that when we have all the stuff repainted, I'd make a thread for showcasing different cool combos. With just a single unmerged game, it was rather predictable what a high-level character would end up wearing, but right now there's so much liberty that it just begs for a gallery, not to mention deepens the role-playing aspect as well, if desired. So in this thread you're encouraged to post themed, creative, quirky or otherwise interesting apparel combos that you've given one or more of your Merge characters!

I'll start it off by presenting you with 3 generic knights, each dressed completely in the crappiest, 2nd crappiest and 3rd crappiest gear configuration respectively, with complete apparel and a standard/archetypical combo of longsword + large shield.

First up is Simon Templar as "The Junk Man" - dressed in all the crappiest stuff available. His apparel is complete - he's got a belt, warm boots and a cloak on his shoulders, but the choice of it is the poorest and cheapest available. Everything looks rusted, worn, disheveled - like veritable junk. And yet there's something compelling to this combination, feels like it would be fun to play with for a while. And then there's the goblin shield, which looks like it's just a plank of wood with a handle attached to the back side. Perhaps it's the colors matching nicely together that makes this work?

Next is Tempus with the 2nd crappiest gear tier. Instead of a rusty breastplate he's at least got a suit of plate armor that covers most of the body. His belt, cloak and boots are a notch above Simon's, but the wooden helm and trollish shield don't really mesh that nicely together with those. Looks like a haphazardly assembled bunch of crap gear that's seen better days. Still nice though, Tempus looks like he's just returned from a long and exhausting war, having to trek through two hundred miles of swamp and dreaming about nothing but a nice bath.

And last but not least, there's Blazen Stormlance dressed up in the gear configuration you'd consider third from the bottom. Immediately you notice that while the apparel of the first two knights looked like it was in poor maintenance, there seems like there's nothing immediately wrong with his own gear. It's generic, unremarkable and not very flashy, but at least it looks like it's all oiled up and ready to go. The leather boots look well-made and comfortable to the feet, the armor covers both the torso and the extremities nicely, the helmet finally doesn't look like a costume party accessory, but something a proper soldier would wear, and the sword and shield both look like they're not going to fall apart after a single day of use. In fact he pretty much perfectly portrays a mundane, every day, heavily armored rank-and-file soldier in this gear config - someone supplied with generic gears made en masse for thousands like him, but at least something new rather than found in a barn abandoned for decades.

Your turn now! Present your own gear combos and feel free to describe what stories they tell or what were you going for with them, and let's get the gallery going! :D
Last edited by Xfing on 25 May 2021, 21:10, edited 1 time in total.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Re: M&M Merge Dress-up Gallery Thread

Unread postby Echo » 24 Jun 2021, 19:12

You asked for a picture, here's my knight in the "no-buying-of-items-allowed" playthrough ;P Wearing what scraps she got an an OP plate armor that spawned in some random chest:

Return to “Might and Magic”