MM6 freezes when hit once

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Floyder
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM6 freezes when hit once

Unread postby Floyder » 20 May 2021, 19:32

Its been multiple years since I last played MM6 and I'd like to replay it, but I recall there was a game breaking glitch I encountered that discouraged me. I was hoping this forum has experience with this glitch or knows of patches that fixed it. Keep in mind I was running the game on the original disc and on windows 8 at the time.

I could freely move, cast spells, talk to NPCs and even kill monsters without incident. But as soon as a monster landed a hit on me, the game would freeze and I was forced to close the game. This glitch only occurred after level 200 and only happened when I had day of the gods casted. I know this because I tested all combinations and only froze when that buff was used. I had 40 skill points in light magic and my only conclusion was my character stats were so high that the game did not properly register me. Kind of like how the game crashed when trying to do a lord arena match at level 200; it wasnt designed to account for that high of level.

Can anyone shed light on this or recommend a downloadable patched version of the game without this glitch?
Last edited by Floyder on 21 May 2021, 01:48, edited 1 time in total.

raekuul
Marksman
Marksman

Re: MM6 freezes when hit once

Unread postby raekuul » 20 May 2021, 22:39

...why are you at level 200?

Floyder
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: MM6 freezes when hit once

Unread postby Floyder » 21 May 2021, 21:20

raekuul wrote:...why are you at level 200?
Because I continued to play the game after completing it and had fun reclearing the zones. However, the game freezing prevented me from playing that save file anymore. Basically I want to know what version/ patch/ mod people play for MM6 nowadays that has addressed glitches like this.

Return to “Might and Magic”