Might & Magic 7: Reimagined (Big Overhaul Mod)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

Tomsod
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Might & Magic 7: Reimagined (Big Overhaul Mod)

Postby Tomsod » Nov 23 2021, 15:00

kotgaf wrote: Nov 23 2021, 11:35Monk get real power only after 2nd promotion, because crucial skills of unarmed and dodge. Until then, they just a pale shadow of Knight efficency. After that, they are really shine with ability to totally evade attack.
Monk dodge is overhyped. I don't know how this managed to escape public attention, but the ONLY thing Monks can dodge (with GM Unarmed) is arrows. Not melee attacks, not magic/elemental projectiles, not spells, only arrows. This might be a bug. So it's not particularly useful unless the mod changes it (mine will).

kotgaf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby kotgaf » Nov 24 2021, 5:07

Tomsod wrote: Nov 23 2021, 15:00
kotgaf wrote: Nov 23 2021, 11:35Monk get real power only after 2nd promotion, because crucial skills of unarmed and dodge. Until then, they just a pale shadow of Knight efficency. After that, they are really shine with ability to totally evade attack.
Monk dodge is overhyped. I don't know how this managed to escape public attention, but the ONLY thing Monks can dodge (with GM Unarmed) is arrows. Not melee attacks, not magic/elemental projectiles, not spells, only arrows. This might be a bug. So it's not particularly useful unless the mod changes it (mine will).
Didn't know. Looks like bug to me.

AzimovHaas8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby AzimovHaas8 » Nov 25 2021, 14:01

Just uploaded a new version (link to version 1.2 - current newest version - in the first post) with new changes.

+ Added 3 new quests for town halls in Erathia, Harmondale and Tularean Forest.
+ Removed GM armsmaster skill teacher from Land of Giants to Nighon and changed teacher's old location to a temple.
+ Additional fixes and improvements for monsters, items and maps.
+ Changed starting screen and loading screens by a bit in a sensible manner.
+ Reworked description text (for classes and promotions) and changed notes for GM armsmaster teacher, so they match his new location.
+ Fixed poison damage part of script with new effects producing numerous error logs [big thanks for Eksekk's help].

Enjoy 0/

Return to “Might and Magic”