Might & Magic 7: Reimagined (Big Overhaul Mod)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

AzimovHaas8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Might & Magic 7: Reimagined (Big Overhaul Mod)

Postby AzimovHaas8 » Nov 21 2020, 15:42

Hello! 0/

This mod is a result of more than three weeks of work (and more then two weeks and a half of testing and bug hunting) with MM Editor, different text files, tables and the LUA rich scripting environment to produce a much more interesting, much harder and - ultimately - different experience of Might & Magic 7: For Blood and Honor.

Generally, most spells will feel differently (and better to use), monsters will create additional challenge, and locations will have new secrets and dangers for player to find & overcome.
Most aspects of the game been changed at least slightly in this heavy-duty overhaul: from NPC's, services and items (including enchantments) on all maps in the game, quests reward changes and new abilities added to existing spells and skills.

Monster stats and spawns have been reworked, and many monsters now cast new spells and possess new abilities. E.G. Wyverns now can summon dragonflies.

I also restored the un-used manticore's in Nighon and the Nighon-related areas, along with numerous guard additions to outdoor maps (rocs patrolling Tularean Forest or friendly genies flying over Bracada Desert, for example), among other things.

And many more changes...

Currently my mod is in state of a First Final version.
This version name means that most changes that I want to be in the Might & Magic 7 are presented and most problems that been noticed during tests are fixed.
This does not mean that my mod will be forzen in this state.

LIST OF POSSIBLE CHANGES FOR FUTURE VERSIONS:
+ Reworking banks and town halls.
+ Adding special "perks" unique only to specific classes.
+ Further balance changes, based on more feedback.
+ Reworking expert teachers current placement in the game world.

CHANGES FOR UPDATE 1:
+ Reduced cost of spell books.
+ Now some enchantments providing additional skills points (namely for disarm traps, armmaster, ID Item, ID Monsters, unarmed and dodging skills) will provide reduced value. Other enchantments are unaffected.
+ Reduced maximum number of enhancment value. [Down From 50]
+ Changed statistics rows, so enchantments boosting stats along with other sources of stat boosts will feel better.

CHANGES FOR UPDATE 2:
+ Reworked most spells and fixed unworking spell behavior changing scripts (special thanks to help of other people)
+ Fixed hostility problems and monster interactions (most notable with Castle Navan and Tatalia)
+ Changed and fixed small assorted problems and bugs
+ Small tweaks to game balance

CHANGES FOR FIRST FINAL VERSION:
+ Tweaks for damage dealing spells
+ Tweaks for all enemies using dragon breathe or shrapmetal (King Lich, Queen of the Death, et cetera)
+ Small changes for maps
+ Improved script for correct work of all spells with changed behavior.

CHANGES FOR FIRST FINAL VERSION WITH FIXES:
+ Fixed chain damage effects (Fire Bolt / Lightning Bolt)
+ Small balance fixes to spells
+ Poison effects now work more reliably

DISCLAIMER FOR UPDATE 2 AND LATER VERSIONS:
Script folder dedicated to Global scripts contain multiple scripts weighting 0 bytes (empty scripts). These scripts are added to overwrite currently obsolete scripts for people using older version (update 1).
Empty scripts are safe to delete, but doing so is not required.

DISCLAIMER: It is advised to read README in attached .zip file for list of all notable changes.

DROPBOX LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vh2846jeqj47n ... 9.zip?dl=0

HOW TO INSTALL (REST OF HELP IN README):

Generally structure of mod installation is this:

1) Install a fresh (unchanged) copy of M&M7
2) Install a Grayface latest patch with NO LOD texture / Large-Mod changes (conflicts are possible)
3) Install MMExtension
4) Run M&M7 as ADMIN -- Close (IMPORTANT!)
5) Re-Open M&M7 -- Close (IMPORTANT!)
6) Install my mod overwriting everything as needed
7) Run MM7 with my mod
8) Enjoy changes for more interesting and harder game 0/

EITHER ONLY SLIGHTLY ANNOYING OR IMPOSSIBLE TO FIX CURRENTLY PROBLEMS:
1) Some textures are distorted (most notable in Erathian Sewers).
2) Some textures can be replaced with different ones for very limited amount of dungeons (most notable in Red Dwarf Mines). [Usually this is fixed by re-entering location]

3) Enhancements with new values in effect (disarm traps, armmaster, ID Item, ID Monsters, unarmed and dodging skills bonuses) still show old values in the descriptions. This will be fixed at some point in the future and have no direct impact on the game, but can be annoting. Sorry!

Special thanks goes to CognizanceGaming (scripts & testing help), eksekk (scripts & testing help), Darkrage (testing) and cthscr (help with technical aspects of mod), AstroPheonix (testing) and many other people supporting my efforts in Might & Magic Discord : - )
Last edited by AzimovHaas8 on Nov 29 2020, 15:50, edited 7 times in total.

CognizanceGaming
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might & Magic 7: Reimagined (Big Overhaul Mod)

Postby CognizanceGaming » Nov 21 2020, 16:14

Working with this has been a lot of fun, and I am excited to see what comes in the future! Great work so far.

AzimovHaas8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby AzimovHaas8 » Nov 22 2020, 23:15

New update is available!

All changes and fixes now are described in first post.
It is important to remove a script named as "slowDownAddon.lua" from a Scripts / Global directory to fix multiple problems in some maps.

Enjoy 0/

AzimovHaas8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby AzimovHaas8 » Nov 26 2020, 17:52

New update is available!

All notable changes are quickly described in first post.

...Any possible feedback is important for me and our group of testers, so do not be afraid to leave comments or ask for word of advise.

Cheers 0/

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Postby Panda Tar » Nov 26 2020, 17:57

Right. Be looking into it later, then. It always seemed to have a lot of fixes whenever I was thinking on giving it a go. :lol:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

AzimovHaas8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby AzimovHaas8 » Nov 28 2020, 3:21

First Final version is available!

It is not a final version in a classical sense (here will be more updates afterwards), but this version is ready for play & contains all notable changes I want in my mod without any big / gamebreaking bugs.

Any feedback and any new ideas are welcome.

Cheers 0/

AzimovHaas8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby AzimovHaas8 » Nov 29 2020, 15:48

In my tests (along with other tester feedback) found big problem with "chain" damage effects, so new version with fixes is here.
Sorry for yet another version!

Anybody using First Final version without fixes or older versions: simply install newest version as usual, overwriting everything as required.
Save files or game progression will not be affected, so this is completely safe to do.

Cheers 0/

Return to “Might and Magic”