Elemental Mod for MM7 -- v2.1 is out!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

Eksekk
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Elemental Mod for MM7 -- v2.0 is out!

Postby Eksekk » Jul 18 2021, 18:29

Tomsod wrote:A random artifact or relic, plus the two gender-specific artifacts from the obelisk treasure. And the latter will have 3 or 4 random artifacts instead. I generally plan to slightly lower the max number of artifacts that can be randomly looted from dragons etc., and instead place a few more guaranteed (but random) artifacts that won't count towards this limit.
Sounds fun! So, the limit of artifacts is essentially gonna be increased from 13? Not unlimited, but instead increased?

Also, in case it isn't clear, if you need any help in development of this mod (that is of no technical side, because you are already an expert at this), like writing texts for quests, you can write here or send me a PM and I'll be happy to help.

Tomsod
Peasant
Peasant

Postby Tomsod » Jul 18 2021, 19:17

Eksekk wrote:Sounds fun! So, the limit of artifacts is essentially gonna be increased from 13? Not unlimited, but instead increased?
Essentially yes. As I plan to add a bunch of new artifacts (up to 15 by my count), the number of obtainable artifacts also needs to be increased, roughly proportionally.
Eksekk wrote:Also, in case it isn't clear, if you need any help in development of this mod (that is of no technical side, because you are already an expert at this), like writing texts for quests, you can write here or send me a PM and I'll be happy to help.
What I really need is someone to playtest and bounce ideas with, and you're already doing that, so thank you!

antipaladin
Peasant
Peasant

Postby antipaladin » Aug 9 2021, 21:37

if you would recieve assets to which model a new map (per say vori) you could code and add it ingame?
what format of the assets would they need to be?

Tomsod
Peasant
Peasant

Postby Tomsod » Aug 10 2021, 6:36

antipaladin wrote:if you would recieve assets to which model a new map (per say vori) you could code and add it ingame?
what format of the assets would they need to be?
Actually, if you want to create a new map, you don't need a coder's help. There's a wonderful tool called MMEditor (it's an addon to MMExtension) that is very WYSIWYG and user-friendly. It allows creating a new indoor or outdoor map from scratch, and new textures can be added through MMArchive. Now, to actually add the new map into the game, including to Town Portal and boats/stables, you do need some new code, but that can be discussed once you model it. I wish you best of luck! People here were dreaming about implementing Vori for like 20 years.

Tomsod
Peasant
Peasant

Elemental Mod v2.1

Postby Tomsod » Aug 19 2021, 6:08

Great news! I've commissioned some actually good graphics for the dragonscale items and the new spell icon, and now they're done, so here's version 2.1 of the mod: English version, Russian version. Unpack those in MM7's directory. Besides the new images, there's also a bunch of minor tweaks there.

You don't need to start a new game if you're upgrading from 2.0, but you should delete the old version's files, as not all of them are overwritten. It may be simpler to just reinstall MM7 (but do keep the savefiles).

If you do install from scratch, remember not to uncheck MM7Patch's optional features (except maybe the widescreen one).

And now that it's done, I can finally start working on 3.0! This is going to be good.

Eksekk
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Elemental Mod for MM7 -- v2.1 is out!

Postby Eksekk » Sep 25 2021, 17:35

How do you recharge wands at magic shops? I couldn't find an option for it anywhere (tried repairing unbroken wands or identifying already identified ones, nothing) (probably I'm just dumb :D ).

Tomsod
Peasant
Peasant

Postby Tomsod » Sep 27 2021, 2:11

Eksekk wrote: Sep 25 2021, 17:35How do you recharge wands at magic shops? I couldn't find an option for it anywhere (tried repairing unbroken wands or identifying already identified ones, nothing) (probably I'm just dumb :D ).
The repair option should recharge them, yes. But shopkeepers can only restore wands to 30%-80% (depending on shop fanciness) of their previous limit, and if your wand already has as much charges, they just won't say anything. Which, in retrospect, is probably an oversight, seeing as it confused you. I'll add this to the to-do list.

Tomsod
Peasant
Peasant

Postby Tomsod » Nov 3 2021, 8:10

Heya! I'm basically done with the first core part of 3.0 (race/class stuff) and moving to skills. One of the planned skill changes is adding more varied demands and conditions for GM teachers, up to entire mini-quests, and I want to ask for the community's help here as I'm short on ideas. Especially Eksekk, as you did offer to help already. Here's what I have so far:

Melee weapons: have enough expertise with the weapon (i.e. kill X monsters with it, counted from the game start). Probably no need to make unique conditions for each one.
Bow: either the same as above, or a mini-quest to kill two monsters with one double-shot.
Blaster: get eradicated! This skill will grant a small chance to eradicate on hit on GM, so it makes sense.
Unarmed: kill a bounty monster with your bare hands? Kinda weak though.
Dodging: kill a tough monster (a dragon maybe?) without being hit.
Armor skills and Shield: like with weapons, but block a total of X hits while wearing it.
Magic schools: higher skill requirement (12 instead of 10), plus light and dark teachers require commitment to the light/dark path (you can mix light/dark promotions in my mod, but this limitation means you still can't get both GMs in the same game), and the others could require high elemental resistance (fire for Fire, shock for Air etc., maybe AC for Earth). Could make unique demands instead, but no ideas.
Alchemy: brew a rejuvenation potion. I plan to allow brewing potions without the required alchemy skill, with the caveat that the mixture still has a high chance to explode -- 83% for black potions in particular, so this mini-quest is possible but not trivial.
Bodybuilding: go for three days without rest. (Planned GM skill effect is regeneration, so this makes sense.)
Meditation: meditate (rest) on top of Mt. Nighon.
Armsmaster: perhaps kill a monster with each weapon you can wield? Not sure about this.
Perception: find the obelisk treasure!
Stealing: shoplift an expensive enough item, I guess?
Merchant: can just demand 100000 gold for training, ha ha. Or you must be rich enough (like earn a million gold), but this money isn't taken.
Still no ideas: ID Item, Repair, ID Monster, Disarm Traps. Any help is appreciated!

Return to “Might and Magic”