Mod Request

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
jermungand
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Mod Request

Unread postby jermungand » 01 May 2020, 14:44

I'd have put this under the thread for the M&M 6/7/8 merge mod currently being worked on. However, since that area seems to be largely preoccupied with the technical ins and outs of getting the merge to work in the first place, I didn't want to go on a tangent with that conversation and decided to post this topic separately.

Someone should take some creative liberty with the merge, and scale up the curve in difficulty. As it's currently put together, with three times the number of monsters/dungeons appropriate to your level, two-thirds of those challenges will be rather dull after you've leveled up from completing the first third of them.

In tandem with the difficulty, the ceiling for character progression and for powerful items should be raised however possible. More levels of mastery for skills and more tiers for promotion would be ideal.

Toward the end of the game you would of course, be fighting Titans that are 3x as deadly, while equipped with armor/weapons that are about 3x as good as any top-tier items from any single M&M game, after having played for about 3x as long and being about 3x the usual late-game level.

To do this, the items list for loot/shop would of course be intermingled throughout the continents to some degree, with new values given to the items so that they may sit within a taller hierarchy of usefulness. If "Rusty Mail Vest" becomes the universal +8 starting chainmail, then MM6's modest but less decrepit-looking basic chain would become the new +12, etc. The random treasure drops/chests would be readjusted on a treasure level scale of 1-18 instead of 1-6.

A 3x larger Might and Magic game that is as tall as it is wide. Ah, the dream. :)

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Re: Mod Request

Unread postby raekuul » 01 May 2020, 14:48

you could turn up the bolster meter in settings

jermungand
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jermungand » 07 May 2020, 21:52

raekuul wrote:you could turn up the bolster meter in settings
What does the bolster do, exactly? In any case, I suspect that would still leave a lot of improvements yet to be implemented.

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 08 May 2020, 13:36

Bolster affects how much HP the monsters have, how much damage they deal, how hard they are to hit, and what abilities they have. Off, or 0%, uses the original numbers, 5% is "slightly higher but also gives the abilities", 100% is the default value for Merge, and 200% is Tryhard Mode. I play on 5% to just get new abilities on the monsters, since the rest of the system needs a pretty thorough overhaul.

The main thing about the Merge Mod is that it's "balanced" with the assumption that you'll hop between continents as you go (rather than clearing the games one continent at a time), and that you started in Jadame. The starting areas are more-or-less not affected by Bolster at all, while there is (or at least, seems to be) a limiter in place that prevents end-game areas from getting the full Bolster effect, so Bolster mostly affects the middle parts of each game.
Last edited by raekuul on 08 May 2020, 13:36, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”