MM randomizer (updated 2022-05-27)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

Anerag
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM randomizer (updated 2022-05-27)

Postby Anerag » Oct 3 2019, 22:03

Might and Magic randomizer

Version 2.0 is out now. In terms of new features there's finally support for randomizing monsters in MM7 but not much else. Some bug fixes in MM7 and support for more items in MM6. Next I plan on improving the algorithm to be able to support more items so look forward to that in the (near) future.

Version 2.1: now includes a copy of mmarch and some scripts to aid installing
Version 2.2: new monster randomizer code which hopefully resolves issues with MM7
Version 2.3: support for GrayFace's patched lods is back (patch version 2.5.7)
Version 2.4: new item placement logic, monster configs, loads more items in 7, bug fixes

See the included README.txt for more information.

Download

If the website still shows an old version, reload the page with ctrl+F5 or clear your browser's cache.
Last edited by Anerag on May 27 2022, 14:15, edited 7 times in total.

Anerag
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: MM Randomizer (Updated 2022-05-11)

Postby Anerag » May 11 2022, 13:54

Version 2.0 is out now. Updated post.

raekuul
Demon
Demon

Re: MM randomizer (updated 2022-05-27)

Postby raekuul » Jun 22 2022, 21:20

I've put together a helper spreadsheet for MM6 randmomizer. It's almost where I want it to be (I need to do a more thorough breakdown of what locations in VARN require which keys).

So far everything's based on what's at The Spoiler Centre, which means it overestimates how many "Red Dots" are in a given region (TSC counts stuff like Skull Piles, and I only want to count up chests), and it doesn't properly count up "loose" quest items like the item Janice gives you or the Memory Crystal check in Kriegspire.

One thing I want to do is disambiguate names (we have two Bathhouse Keys) and make permanent item descriptions more useful (e.g. changing the descriptions of the separate Statuettes to say which regions they belong to), which that's on the Items tab. Updated names/descriptions can eventually be added to the lods, or can even be changed after-the-fact via MMExt

The only other thing is that on the Maps tab there's a column for logic notes for reference in future revisions; this is for situations like the Super Goobers chest or in Q's Room where it's a bad idea to put required progression there just due to what it would ask of the player. With that said, "Progression" is just the Hive Sanctum Key, the Ritual of the Void scroll, one Blaster, and any access-granting-items standing between you and them (which in theory should include everything needed to access the Control Center for the Blaster skill itself, which in turn requires everything needed to access the Oracle of Enroth). Like if the Hive Sanctum Key is in Goblinwatch then the Goblin Key would be Progression.

Return to “Might and Magic”