Classic Might and Magic soundtracks on youtube

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Rage168
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Classic Might and Magic soundtracks on youtube

Unread postby Rage168 » 23 Aug 2019, 05:56

Hello Might and Magic Fans,

from time to time I look around the internet in the hopes of find anything new and interesting related to the RPG branch of the Might and Magic universe (I haven't given hope that anyone might finally do a cool remake of one of the games ;-) ).

A few weeks ago I stumbled upon a youtube channel called "Xeen Music" (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkaw8J ... Ld0EOQwT-g), which seems to be around for about 2 years but somehow managed to stay under my radar. When I looked around I found some really interesting things there. For instance, it contains a very extensive collection of the Might and Magic I-V game soundtracks. Basically there are recordings for every game on a variety of platforms, like PC, Amiga or NES. Some have even been recorded on original hardware (listening to the Soundblaster versions always makes me want to replay Might and Magic World of Xeen).

What is really unique is that Xeen Music seems to be working with some of the music composers from those games. The song descriptions contain a lot of background information and sometimes even development notes from when the music was composed. Some of the music pieces on the channel aren't even in the games but apparently have been extracted from game data or may have been provided by the composers. While the main focus lies on Might and Magic the channel is not limited to it. You'll find music and similar information on Warcraft, Planet's Edge and some of other games.

One of the highlights is that there are versions of the music pieces that Xeen Music arranged with different (more realistic) instruments, sometimes extending the original songs, sometimes putting them together in beautiful medleys.

I started following the channel's progress a bit and I noticed that not many people seem to know about it. So I decided to spread the word to other fans. Given the amount of really great music and information on these games I think some of you might enjoy it as well.

Let me know what you think about Xeen Music when you had a chance to listen to some of the content.

All the best to you
Last edited by Rage168 on 23 Aug 2019, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.

unknownone
Pixie
Pixie

Re: Classic Might and Magic soundtracks on youtube

Unread postby unknownone » 25 Aug 2019, 20:14

Hi! Thank you for sharing this info!
I've played and enjoyed many RPGs:
MM6,MM7,MM8,MM9, Fallout 1&2, Planescape Torment, Torment: ToN, TES3, TES4

NotABroom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Classic Might and Magic soundtracks on youtube

Unread postby NotABroom » 08 Jan 2021, 18:35

This is a bit random, but I wanted to share it and I didn't want to open a new thread for it.

If you listen just 1 minute into this, you will probably hear the MM6 soundtrack. It's one of the dungeon soundtracks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eLU5W1vc8Y This video has 9 million views, so I guess this is probably something that people who know something about music would've heard of before. But I didn't and maybe this is new to some people, too.

Return to “Might and Magic”