The Chaos Conspiracy Redone

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Re: The Chaos Conspiracy Redone

Unread postby DaveHer » 21 Aug 2019, 23:52

The patch file has been uploaded to the Nexus. This time I checked before uploading.
David

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 22 Aug 2019, 01:01

Perfect! Thank you!

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 22 Aug 2019, 13:56

Anubis wrote:Perfect! Thank you!
You are welcome. :)
David

Bowerbank
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bowerbank » 22 Aug 2019, 20:49

Nice thanks :)

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 22 Aug 2019, 22:37

Bowerbank wrote:Nice thanks :)
You are Welcome. :)
David

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 28 Aug 2019, 06:48

Looks absolutely fruity there. Just one question that is off-topic to what I said in MMMerge: do instructions for its application say which game version (MM6, MM7, MM8) is this mod for? Just in case that this next thing I'll send you doesn't do a nasty jarring effect to the rest of the mod. ^^;

Here is the .zip of the Ghost Dragon monster sprites. You can do these as a separate optional mod for this one (and maybe even MMMerge if you wish so ;) )
https://sta.sh/0x0ufoyfk2m
Yes?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 28 Aug 2019, 08:44

SpectralDragon wrote:Looks absolutely fruity there. Just one question that is off-topic to what I said in MMMerge: do instructions for its application say which game version (MM6, MM7, MM8) is this mod for? Just in case that this next thing I'll send you doesn't do a nasty jarring effect to the rest of the mod. ^^;

Here is the .zip of the Ghost Dragon monster sprites. You can do these as a separate optional mod for this one (and maybe even MMMerge if you wish so ;) )
https://sta.sh/0x0ufoyfk2m
It is for the original Chaos Conspiracy by Maestro. Every thing you need is in the zip file with complete step by step instructions. It includes the original Chaos Conspiracy. You will need the GOG version of MM6. Each patch comes with step by step instructions also. :)
David

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 28 Aug 2019, 08:49

DaveHer wrote:It is for the original Chaos Conspiracy by Maestro. Every thing you need is in the zip file with complete step by step instructions. It includes the original Chaos Conspiracy. You will need the GOG version of MM6. Each patch comes with step by step instructions also. :)
David
Okays, thank you, since I used the MM8 version of Bone Dragon enemy/monster sprite there for the Ghost Dragon one. ^^;
Yes?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 28 Aug 2019, 14:18

SpectralDragon wrote:
DaveHer wrote:It is for the original Chaos Conspiracy by Maestro. Every thing you need is in the zip file with complete step by step instructions. It includes the original Chaos Conspiracy. You will need the GOG version of MM6. Each patch comes with step by step instructions also. :)
David
Okays, thank you, since I used the MM8 version of Bone Dragon enemy/monster sprite there for the Ghost Dragon one. ^^;
It is possible to put them into CCR, But I need to know. Have they incorporated these Ghost Dragons into the merge? There is some information I need to get from there. For example sound tracks and other info. I can get that from the merge only if it has been incorporated into it.
David

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 28 Aug 2019, 14:21

DaveHer wrote:It is possible to put them into CCR, But I need to know. Have they incorporated these Ghost Dragons into the merge? There is some information I need to get from there. For example sound tracks and other info. I can get that from the merge only if it has been incorporated into it.
David
No, as much as I know and from what Rodril said to me he had no plans on getting them into the Merge, so yeah, sadly you're on your own here. :(
Yes?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 08 Sep 2019, 08:07

As an info, do imported Ghost Dragons look like this in-game (mind the background)?

Transparency might not be too visible, but it˙s there. ;)
What´s actually funny is that at first they had greater transparency, but I got worried that it might make them invisible to the game, thus I lowered it. :D :D
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 08 Sep 2019, 08:09, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 08 Sep 2019, 08:35

SpectralDragon wrote:As an info, do imported Ghost Dragons look like this in-game (mind the background)?

Transparency might not be too visible, but it˙s there. ;)
What´s actually funny is that at first they had greater transparency, but I got worried that it might make them invisible to the game, thus I lowered it. :D :D
No they do not look like that. They look exactly like the bone dragons in MM8. :( I already started putting dragons in two land masses. When I finish putting dragons in the other lands, I will upload a patch as an option at the Nexus. :) I will do screen shots.
David

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 08 Sep 2019, 08:51

DaveHer wrote:No they do not look like that. They look exactly like the bone dragons in MM8. :( I already started putting dragons in two land masses. When I finish putting dragons in the other lands, I will upload a patch as an option at the Nexus. :) I will do screen shots.
David
Ok, yeah, then that´s definitely how they´re not supposed to be and since these files are all Indexed .bmps as well (I checked just now), I think that there is something we need to do in importing them that would make them look like how the animation shows them in the 1st place. Rodril/Templayer should know more about such stuff, since on my side, I did all I could in order to make them look like that and be as easy to be imported as they can be. Maybe you should ask them on how to fix those once you get screenshots in order to show this issue (since my suspicion is that it involves extra coding in LUA and general lists that makes them into completely new monsters with their own stats and whatnots)?

Let those "bone dragons" be placeholders for now until you/we manage to get the updated version of this patch that makes them like they´re supposed to be. I wish to be able to help you, but I know jack squat on how to port stuff into the game itself. ^^;
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 08 Sep 2019, 08:52, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 08 Sep 2019, 10:19

Doesn't the Bone Dragon already exist in the Chaos Conspiracy mod in the "Caves of the Dragon Riders" area (w/ Koschei the Deathless)?

[Edit] Never mind. You're talking about Ghost Dragons. No idea what those are.
Last edited by Anubis on 08 Sep 2019, 10:22, edited 2 times in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 08 Sep 2019, 10:44

Anubis wrote:Never mind. You're talking about Ghost Dragons. No idea what those are.
Basically something I pulled off Heroes III in order to create "Zombie Dragon" characters for another mod altogether, but gave them to other mod makers and editors like David as a completely new monster/foe altogether.
Yes?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 08 Sep 2019, 14:37

SpectralDragon wrote:
Anubis wrote:Never mind. You're talking about Ghost Dragons. No idea what those are.
Basically something I pulled off Heroes III in order to create "Zombie Dragon" characters for another mod altogether, but gave them to other mod makers and editors like David as a completely new monster/foe altogether.
Heroes of MM use 24bit graphic images which can be transparent. MM678 use 8bit palette images which (I am pretty sure) can not be transparent and I was the one working on belts, but it seems that self appointed boss templayer does not appreciate the help. :disagree: So I stopped. He never said thank you or nice work. All I get was complains. I also sent a PM message to Rodrid about the belts two weeks ago. I am still waiting for a reply. :disagree:
David

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 08 Sep 2019, 16:48

DaveHer wrote:Heroes of MM use 24bit graphic images which can be transparent. MM678 use 8bit palette images which (I am pretty sure) can not be transparent and I was the one working on belts, but it seems that self appointed boss templayer does not appreciate the help. :disagree: So I stopped. He never said thank you or nice work. All I get was complains. I also sent a PM message to Rodrid about the belts two weeks ago. I am still waiting for a reply. :disagree:
David
Thus I was careful when it comes to working on images, since I was using 8bit palette images (as you can see from the animation, the "transparency" bit is just a visual trick due to pixel clusters missing from the enemy image itself. The images themselves aren't transparent at all :D ) as well, thus it's kind of weird to me that they don't work as intended. I'm actually bemused here over that. ^^;

Oh, you were working on the belts? Well, Templayer might not appreciate it at all, but I can tell you that I really do because I honestly have no idea on how to approach editing apparel items onto MM8 images. Thank you for doing this work for all of us, no matter how unappreciated or minute it might be. :hug: Once this entire character fiasco is over, I'll then join you in editing items, even if my result can never compare to yours.

I noticed that too, thus I try to chat to Rodril on the MMMerge forum itself ... as you probably noticed. ^^; If the MMMerge Credits Dungeon is created though, then the Ghost Dragon will probably make an appearance there due to it being, well, me. ^^; Maybe then you can pull the code making them into what they are and get them properly into the patch, but I'd you ask me, I personally think asking Rodril/GrayFace about creating new enemies for the game would be most legit move at this point.
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 08 Sep 2019, 16:54, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 08 Sep 2019, 17:33

SpectralDragon wrote:
DaveHer wrote:Heroes of MM use 24bit graphic images which can be transparent. MM678 use 8bit palette images which (I am pretty sure) can not be transparent and I was the one working on belts, but it seems that self appointed boss templayer does not appreciate the help. :disagree: So I stopped. He never said thank you or nice work. All I get was complains. I also sent a PM message to Rodrid about the belts two weeks ago. I am still waiting for a reply. :disagree:
David
Thus I was careful when it comes to working on images, since I was using 8bit palette images (as you can see from the animation, the "transparency" bit is just a visual trick due to pixel clusters missing from the enemy image itself. The images themselves aren't transparent at all :D ) as well, thus it's kind of weird to me that they don't work as intended. I'm actually bemused here over that. ^^;

Oh, you were working on the belts? Well, Templayer might not appreciate it at all, but I can tell you that I really do because I honestly have no idea on how to approach editing apparel items onto MM8 images. Thank you for doing this work for all of us, no matter how unappreciated or minute it might be. :hug: Once this entire character fiasco is over, I'll then join you in editing items, even if my result can never compare to yours.

I noticed that too, thus I try to chat to Rodril on the MMMerge forum itself ... as you probably noticed. ^^; If the MMMerge Credits Dungeon is created though, then the Ghost Dragon will probably make an appearance there due to it being, well, me. ^^; Maybe then you can pull the code making them into what they are and get them properly into the patch, but I'd you ask me, I personally think asking Rodril/GrayFace about creating new enemies for the game would be most legit move at this point.
What program did you use to make them transparent? The belts are finished quit some time ago and they are not in the tracker. Yes I will go to the other thread to ask Rodril/GrayFace about doing transparent monster sprites.
David
Last edited by DaveHer on 08 Sep 2019, 17:36, edited 2 times in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 08 Sep 2019, 18:04

DaveHer wrote:What program did you use to make them transparent? The belts are finished quit some time ago and they are not in the tracker. Yes I will go to the other thread to ask Rodril/GrayFace about doing transparent monster sprites.
David
Wait, belts are already inside the Merge! :D :D :hug: Just amazing!

For every single graphical asset, I use GIMP and I basically mess around with the layer transparency of each image while the background (which is on a completely different layer than the image I'm messing with the transparency with) is of a single solid color (usually black because this is where transparency shows the most), so that well, I can see how is transparency affected between both layers.
The trick is, there is also "Layer Mode" that determines how will transparency show itself where "Normal" is, you guessed it, normal transparency fade. For Ghost Dragon image assets, I used "Dissolve" layer mode, which basically causes pixels of the image to randomly vanish as you increase transparency on the image layer, which basically triggers the "old TV white noise" transparency effect ... aka the effect you can see on the animation itself, especially when the Ghost Dragon "dies".
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 08 Sep 2019, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 08 Sep 2019, 18:29

Jamesx in MMMerge topic actually compared "Normal" layer mode and "Dissolve" layer mode just to see which one is better. I'm reposting that, so that you see the difference in transparency between both images. ;)

Layer Mode: Normal

Layer Mode: Dissolve
Yes?

Return to “Might and Magic”