The Chaos Conspiracy Redone

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
tnevolin
Scout
Scout

Re: The Chaos Conspiracy Redone

Unread postby tnevolin » 29 Nov 2020, 02:44

DaveHer wrote:
tnevolin wrote:Oh. I know how to edit this. I have done this already in first place.
Did you make the change after you combine?
David
No. I did them initially for my mod specifically. I plan to make them less tough when I combine it with Chaos Conspiracy.

tnevolin
Scout
Scout

Unread postby tnevolin » 30 Nov 2020, 01:14

Install it and tried it. Didn't really understand the challenge changes. Sure there are more and tougher monsters around. To the extent that new party attacked immediately upon game start. What is the fun in battling unprepared? Obviously, player would escape this suicidal combat. What is the point of having unlimited free healing in the tavern? Is this to offset more monsters? In this case why don't make party completely invulnerable and throw even more monsters at them? I guess that would be even more fun.

I was expecting some new story that I would need to uncover and follow clues. Similar to original game but different. Instead I found the same exactly map and the same exactly houses and the same exactly fountains. People in houses got different faces and different lines at times. Some of there lines seem to be taken from other people in vanilla game. That feels weird. Quests are incomprehensible. In the nearest houses I have been asked to find a sword or shield. I didn't understand what and where am I looking for. Looks like the first part of the conversation wasn't included. So I am ending up with some vague quest in my book.

Summarizing that above I see these distinctive features: more monsters, tougher monsters, unlimited free healing, high end items laying on the ground at the initial location. And of course a lot of additional graphics like roof over the fountain or fence around the tavern which is cool to look at. There is not enough support for main story and for role playing element, though. I think.
Last edited by tnevolin on 30 Nov 2020, 01:44, edited 1 time in total.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 30 Nov 2020, 01:50

nstall it and tried it. Didn't really understand the challenge changes. Sure there are more and tougher monsters around. To the extent that new party attacked immediately upon game start. What is the fun in battling unprepared? Obviously, player would escape this suicidal combat. What is the point of having unlimited free healing in the tavern? Is this to offset more monsters? In this case why don't make party completely invulnerable and throw even more monsters at them? I guess that would be even more fun.

I was expecting some new story does I need to uncover and follow clues. Similar to original game but different. Instead I found the same exactly map and the same exactly houses and the same exactly fountains. People in houses got different faces and different lines at times. Some of there lines seem to be taken from other people in vanilla game. That sounds weird. Moreover many quests are incomprehensible. In the nearest houses I have been asked to find a sword or shield. I didn't understand what and where am I looking for. Looks like the first part of the conversation wasn't included. So I am ending up with Quest I don't understand.
I can't help but feel that you somehow installed the mod incorrectly because you shouldn't have been attacked immediately upon starting. There is a new story and there's dialogue that points towards what you need to do. I'm not sure where you're coming from when you say there's "more monsters" and "tougher monsters"? I felt that TCC was quite fair in difficulty save for a couple of optional areas.

Also, there are three varying degrees of difficulty that you can choose from. Did you pick the hardest difficulty before starting your adventure?
Last edited by Anubis on 30 Nov 2020, 01:55, edited 2 times in total.

tnevolin
Scout
Scout

Unread postby tnevolin » 30 Nov 2020, 06:36

That could be. Can you point me to correct download site? I have tried few and may end up on obsolete one.

Where are difficulty settings?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 01 Dec 2020, 13:29

tnevolin wrote:That could be. Can you point me to correct download site? I have tried few and may end up on obsolete one.

Where are difficulty settings?
I have two links in the main post. I recommend the second one at mod jobs.
David

tnevolin
Scout
Scout

Unread postby tnevolin » 01 Dec 2020, 16:30

I am doing a clean install from the second link. I have already compared them before and found that #1 is newer and has Druid patch already integrated. But that's fine. They seem to be mostly identical.

Can anyone clarify installation steps for me, please? What all "install" steps mean? Just unpacking everything into installation directory including the content of MMEditor and MMExtension2.2 archives?

5. Run Game (You will get a message that MMExtension is about to generate text tables. You need to wait about two to three minutes) When the MMExtension is finished, exit. Do not create party.
It warns about game load delay and also same delay on next launch. Do I actually need to launch it twice before proceeding to next steps?

Can I install patch 2 (for reverting monsters back to original CC strength) at any time? Like after patches 3 and 4?

Reinstalled everything and got the same situation: party is attacked from behind at start location. Do I do something wrong?
Last edited by tnevolin on 01 Dec 2020, 16:44, edited 4 times in total.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 01 Dec 2020, 22:19

The only thing I can think of is that you might've installed GrayFace's patch and left the box checked where it says to uncheck it when installing over a large mod (like TCC)?

You should be starting in front of the tavern at Castle Ironfist, btw.

tnevolin
Scout
Scout

Unread postby tnevolin » 02 Dec 2020, 02:32

Ah. Yes, I checked the box! Let me redo it.

tnevolin
Scout
Scout

Unread postby tnevolin » 09 Dec 2020, 04:20

Guys, you are using not the most recent GrayFace patch: MM6.Patch.v2.3.1
Is it possible to switch to MM6.Patch.v2.4? My mod is built on top of it. I would guess it won't matter for CCR.

CleriC
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby CleriC » 29 Apr 2021, 05:50

Which level of Enchanter (1th Mage promoute) need to Adept (2th promote)? Soiret the Adept don't give quest, says get more exp.

How to get into Mystic Isles? I tried to go through the water with Water Walk, but it doesn't work. I tried check every day Boat from Avalon, but there are not direction to Mystic Isles...

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 29 Apr 2021, 22:45

CleriC wrote:Which level of Enchanter (1th Mage promoute) need to Adept (2th promote)? Soiret the Adept don't give quest, says get more exp.

How to get into Mystic Isles? I tried to go through the water with Water Walk, but it doesn't work. I tried check every day Boat from Avalon, but there are not direction to Mystic Isles...
It has been a long time since I play the game. I believe that you need to complete several quests before you can get 2nd promotion. To get to the Mystic isles you have to complete a quest given to you in Avalon ( I do not remember her name). I believe Anubis can help you with this. I hope Anubis sees this post. Sorry I could not be of more help. :( It has been a long time and I have forgotten a lot.
David

CleriC
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby CleriC » 07 May 2021, 11:17

For some reason I coudn't get Brennen's Bow (Danu Scrolls quest). Stash contained only four relic. Tell me please command for console to add this item (like evt[0].Add("Inventory", 412) for example).

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 07 May 2021, 15:32

CleriC wrote:For some reason I coudn't get Brennen's Bow (Danu Scrolls quest). Stash contained only four relic. Tell me please command for console to add this item (like evt[0].Add("Inventory", 412) for example).
evt[0].Add{"Inventory", 405}. You will find the info in the "ITEMS.TXT" which is in the ICONS.lod. It needs to be extracted with MMAchives.
David

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 07 May 2021, 20:47

For some reason I coudn't get Brennen's Bow (Danu Scrolls quest). Stash contained only four relic. Tell me please command for console to add this item (like evt[0].Add("Inventory", 412) for example).
Are you using that graphics mod? If so, that's why. It's impossible to fit in Brennen's Bow in that chest.

CleriC
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby CleriC » 10 May 2021, 13:28

Do I understand correctly, if I unstall and play to end TCC from this topic, I won't play in TCC part 2?

> evt[0].Add{"Inventory", 405}
Thank you, it worked.

> Are you using that graphics mod?
Yes, I install mod TCC Redone. It comes with graphics mod.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 10 May 2021, 22:17

CleriC wrote:Do I understand correctly, if I unstall and play to end TCC from this topic, I won't play in TCC part 2?
That is correct. I did not make any changes to part 2. What graphics mod do you mean? I have a patch to fix missing textures. That is all.
David

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 19 May 2021, 06:10

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

I was referring to this one where the items are different from the original.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 19 May 2021, 08:48

Anubis wrote:https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

I was referring to this one where the items are different from the original.
These graphic are from the "legendary_heroes mod" (made for The Chaos Conspiracy) that I used and forgot to give them credit.
David

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 14 Jul 2021, 11:28

@everyone

Since I'm gonna turn shops in 2 maps that didn't have them into actual new shops, new shop names and inventories would be needed. Would someone be willing to do them?
The job is to open 2DEvents.txt from TCC with TxtEdit, look at high level Weapon Shop, Armor Shop, Magic Shop lines and create 2 new ones of each kind with new name (and owner name) and new assortments (A is for "Buy Standard" dialog, B is for "Buy Special", they're ignored in game, but I'll import them properly). Don't bother with indexes too, just add new lines where it's convenient for you.
[edit] I think I already know what assortments of armor shops would be. So, only for Weapon shops assortments aren't yet clear.
[edit2] I forgot there are also 2 new Training Halls and 1 new Tavern. Also 2 temples, but I can simply use House of Healing that's already used on 3 maps.
Last edited by GrayFace on 14 Jul 2021, 21:59, edited 7 times in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 14 Jul 2021, 21:52

Name ideas by CognitiveDesign:
Warriors Lounge, Warriors Den(both work for weapon and armor shops)
Ubiquity (item shop)
Peculiar Things
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Return to “Might and Magic”