The Chaos Conspiracy Redone

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Re: The Chaos Conspiracy Redone

Unread postby DaveHer » 23 Jun 2020, 20:42

@GrayFace

Try the links again. They should work now.

I sent the two file via email. Check your email.

The only items that are new(made by me) are helmets, shields, Some of the rings not all, books, and bows.
All other items are by a mod call "legendary heroes" which I completely forgot to give them credit. :embarrased:
David

qtish
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby qtish » 19 Aug 2020, 14:24

I have a version where 5 classes are pretty much balanced - except druid. Druid has starting stats of 22 all, which is extremely high, can learn Plate, Chain, Axe, Sword. Is it intended?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 19 Aug 2020, 20:16

qtish wrote:I have a version where 5 classes are pretty much balanced - except druid. Druid has starting stats of 22 all, which is extremely high, can learn Plate, Chain, Axe, Sword. Is it intended?
There is a patch that fixes that at the nexus. Also a patch that fixes the shops and some textures. :)
David
Last edited by DaveHer on 19 Aug 2020, 20:17, edited 1 time in total.

qtish
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby qtish » 22 Aug 2020, 13:05

I have some concerns about the patch balance. Recently started playing with purely magic group Druid Mage Mage Druid.
1. Every time I go into turn based combat, no matter the character speed, Mages go first always, Mage with more speed first, then Druids, Druid with more speed first.
2. I also noticed that mod has customized the MP cost on heals. Seeing Dragon Breath 10MP, the only way I see it not being used if enemy is too close or enemy is immune. Well issue elsewhere. My question is - was it intentional to leave Power Cure 30MP, Destroy Undead 40MP, Sharpmetal 40MP - (comparing to Dragon Breath, Incinerate, Mass Distortion 10MP)?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 22 Aug 2020, 18:08

qtish wrote:I have some concerns about the patch balance. Recently started playing with purely magic group Druid Mage Mage Druid.
1. Every time I go into turn based combat, no matter the character speed, Mages go first always, Mage with more speed first, then Druids, Druid with more speed first.
2. I also noticed that mod has customized the MP cost on heals. Seeing Dragon Breath 10MP, the only way I see it not being used if enemy is too close or enemy is immune. Well issue elsewhere. My question is - was it intentional to leave Power Cure 30MP, Destroy Undead 40MP, Sharpmetal 40MP - (comparing to Dragon Breath, Incinerate, Mass Distortion 10MP)?
This link will give you a copy of a file that will fix the MP problem. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a9NasA ... sp=sharing Right click to down load file. Using MMArchive by GrayFace, place this file to the Icons.LOD file.

I do not know why in turn base combat that is happening. I did not mess with that part of the game.
David
Last edited by DaveHer on 22 Aug 2020, 18:10, edited 1 time in total.

qtish
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby qtish » 22 Aug 2020, 20:42

So lower spell cost wasnt intended right?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 23 Aug 2020, 02:24

qtish wrote:So lower spell cost wasnt intended right?
Right. More than 200 downloads with Nexus and Mod job combine and no one complained.
David

qtish
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby qtish » 23 Aug 2020, 16:29

Installed TCC part2. It reverted character and item icons to original MM6. Moreover, some of the icons did not actually fit the inventory, so picking it up from the inventory crashes the game.

How do I install TCC graphics onto TCC2 game? I assume one of those files have something to do with it: BITMAPS.LOD Games.LOD ICONS.LOD SPRITES.LOD

Tried changing them all at once, landed with good icons in Mystic Isles. Kinda funny, knowing this information, gonna be easier to navigate the exploration, if TCC2 world map has similar layout as TCC1, cause Map is 5x3, and Mystic Isles is in the far East center side.
Last edited by qtish on 23 Aug 2020, 16:51, edited 2 times in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 23 Aug 2020, 21:33

qtish wrote:Installed TCC part2. It reverted character and item icons to original MM6. Moreover, some of the icons did not actually fit the inventory, so picking it up from the inventory crashes the game.

How do I install TCC graphics onto TCC2 game? I assume one of those files have something to do with it: BITMAPS.LOD Games.LOD ICONS.LOD SPRITES.LOD

Tried changing them all at once, landed with good icons in Mystic Isles. Kinda funny, knowing this information, gonna be easier to navigate the exploration, if TCC2 world map has similar layout as TCC1, cause Map is 5x3, and Mystic Isles is in the far East center side.
Sorry I should had mention that I made no changes to part 2. Therefore, part 2 remains as the orginal and I do not think its going to work because of the changes I made to part 1. :(
David

qtish
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby qtish » 23 Aug 2020, 21:54

Well then I started experimenting. Have TCC1 data files. Copied Bitmaps.LOD and Games.LOD. It fixed my issue in a way. It is sort of working, but for now minimap shows Mystic Isles. Town Portals to towns work, and I get teleported into the hordes of monsters :D Seems like the map has both TCC1 and TCC2 monsters, in Sutterville I encountered Dragon Fly monster who looks like bone dragon and Villain, who is weakling at this point.
Last edited by qtish on 23 Aug 2020, 21:56, edited 2 times in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 24 Aug 2020, 02:54

qtish wrote:Well then I started experimenting. Have TCC1 data files. Copied Bitmaps.LOD and Games.LOD. It fixed my issue in a way. It is sort of working, but for now minimap shows Mystic Isles. Town Portals to towns work, and I get teleported into the hordes of monsters :D Seems like the map has both TCC1 and TCC2 monsters, in Sutterville I encountered Dragon Fly monster who looks like bone dragon and Villain, who is weakling at this point.
What you are saying is that you get part 2 to work, but that you are getting monsters from Part1 and part 2 in it. It should make a very interesting game. :D
David

qtish
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby qtish » 27 Aug 2020, 17:28

I remember in one of the earlier patches zones were filled with monsters. For example Port Sleigon north and northwest was swarming with soldiers of fortune. Any plans to make that option of difficulty back?
Also a question: At the end of the dungeon for Norse plans, I found cauldron which supposedly teaches some skills. Interacting with it didnt give me any new skills. I assume it was learning or meditation there - which one was it?
Last edited by qtish on 27 Aug 2020, 17:31, edited 1 time in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 28 Aug 2020, 17:22

qtish wrote:I remember in one of the earlier patches zones were filled with monsters. For example Port Sleigon north and northwest was swarming with soldiers of fortune. Any plans to make that option of difficulty back?
Also a question: At the end of the dungeon for Norse plans, I found cauldron which supposedly teaches some skills. Interacting with it didnt give me any new skills. I assume it was learning or meditation there - which one was it?
In the monsters.txt file (which can be found in the icons.lOD file), I did not find the "soldiers of fortune" in there. I do not think it exist in this version of the game. You can not add additional new monsters to that list of the monsters because it has a limit as to how many monsters it can handle. But you can add to all the maps more monsters that exist in the game. But that too has its limits. The editor will tell you when you have reached the limit. If you want to know how to do that, download all the file that are on the link at the very first post of this thread. It is the one that shows you how to place my stuff into the merge, but it can also show how to use the editor (step by step). :-D
David

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 31 Aug 2020, 22:38

For example Port Sleigon north and northwest was swarming with soldiers of fortune. Any plans to make that option of difficulty back?
I remember that in BDJ's original mod. Maybe you need to have the "meanest motherfracker" difficulty enabled? Not sure.
Last edited by Anubis on 31 Aug 2020, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 01 Sep 2020, 03:44

Anubis wrote:
For example Port Sleigon north and northwest was swarming with soldiers of fortune. Any plans to make that option of difficulty back?
I remember that in BDJ's original mod. Maybe you need to have the "meanest motherfracker" difficulty enabled? Not sure.
Thanks for the Info.
David

Butcer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Butcer » 13 Nov 2020, 03:21

Cant get the merge to work and i followed everything

tnevolin
Scout
Scout

Unread postby tnevolin » 20 Nov 2020, 02:58

Hello fellow players.
One user of my mod (https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/17131) tried to combine it with this one and succeeded which is no surprise.
The result works fine except that both mine and this mods make monsters stronger so the resulting effect is a little bit too much. Let me know if someone is interested in this. I may look into this adjustment and merging.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 20 Nov 2020, 04:23

tnevolin wrote:Hello fellow players.
One user of my mod (https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/17131) tried to combine it with this one and succeeded which is no surprise.
The result works fine except that both mine and this mods make monsters stronger so the resulting effect is a little bit too much. Let me know if someone is interested in this. I may look into this adjustment and merging.
To make the monsters less strong, you need to edit the Monsters.txt file that's in the Icons.lod file. You can extract it with GrayFace's MMAchive. After editing, use MMAchive to put it back into the Icons.lod file. :) You can drag and drop files out of LOD files and drag them into it with with MMAchive. You need to use GrayFace Text editor for editing the files.
David
Last edited by DaveHer on 20 Nov 2020, 04:42, edited 1 time in total.

tnevolin
Scout
Scout

Unread postby tnevolin » 20 Nov 2020, 15:15

Oh. I know how to edit this. I have done this already in first place. The problem is that both my changes and this mod make monster stronger which is double change. I may turn my change off but then it would be too weak when my mod is used stand alone. So it would be a special fork for merged Chaos Conspiracy + enhanced skills mod combo.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 21 Nov 2020, 12:11

tnevolin wrote:Oh. I know how to edit this. I have done this already in first place.
Did you make the change after you combine?
David

Return to “Might and Magic”