The Chaos Conspiracy Redone

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Re: The Chaos Conspiracy Redone

Unread postby Anubis » 31 Mar 2020, 00:29

Darn, that's a shame. I tried respawning the map and looked for Morgana but no luck. I guess the quest can't be completed at this point. Oh, well. I appreciate you checking the scripts to see if Morgana only spawns the first time the map is loaded. I'm guessing it was like that to prevent multiple loots of her Quest Ring every time the area reloaded?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 31 Mar 2020, 02:58

Anubis wrote:Darn, that's a shame. I tried respawning the map and looked for Morgana but no luck. I guess the quest can't be completed at this point. Oh, well. I appreciate you checking the scripts to see if Morgana only spawns the first time the map is loaded. I'm guessing it was like that to prevent multiple loots of her Quest Ring every time the area reloaded?
I have a solution for you. During the game type Ctrl, F1 to bring up the
console and enter the following code. evt.GiveItem(32,0,412) Copy this code and paste it to the console and then press Ctrl, Enter. It should give you the ring. :-D
David
Last edited by DaveHer on 31 Mar 2020, 03:03, edited 1 time in total.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 31 Mar 2020, 04:27

Code: Select all

evt.GiveItem(32,0,412)
When I put the previous code in the debug console, I get a pop-up error saying

Assertion failed at 1822 in D:\MM6Src\code\itemdata.cpp
Last edited by Anubis on 31 Mar 2020, 04:27, edited 1 time in total.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 31 Mar 2020, 11:20

Try evt[0].Add("Inventory", 412)
In MM8/Merge I'd use evt[0].Add{"Inventory", 412}
Last edited by cthscr on 31 Mar 2020, 11:20, edited 1 time in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 31 Mar 2020, 11:32

Anubis wrote:

evt.GiveItem(32,0,412)
When I put the previous code in the debug console, I get a pop-up error saying

Assertion failed at 1822 in D:\MM6Src\code\itemdata.cpp
When I was making the MM6 belts and hats for the merge, I used that format to bring the items into the merge and it worked. But it did not occurred to me that it might not work for MM6. Try the other code by cthscr.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 31 Mar 2020, 20:39

Thank you, cthscr. That code worked. Thank you as well, DaveHer.

Also, an interesting thing to note: even though I added the ring to my inventory, Hilda the Spell Master says, "You have done well to slay Morgana but the foul hags continue to rule the skies. Please rid Tuonela of these witches and then return to me."

However, after resting for at least one hour and returning to Hilda -- she determines the quest is completed. Weird!

Thank you both so much!! I'm glad to finally get that quest out of the way.
Last edited by Anubis on 31 Mar 2020, 20:41, edited 1 time in total.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 02 Apr 2020, 21:23

DaveHer, I'm not sure if you plan on patching Chaos Conspiracy at all, because I've ran into some bugs/graphical glitches. For example, a few off the top of my head:

- Axe of Lugh (Conan artifact) not positioned properly on paperdoll. This happens quite often with a lot of the special weapons.
- Rock of Ages (touching all 15 obelisk shrines) when opened puts me into a shop
- New shops added don't have stock (Always say they'll restock after 10 days but never happens. Not sure if this one is intended?)
- Paperdoll of all characters have a brown/reddish skin tone on their right hand
- Sun Shields overlap (equip one and part of the shield is visible on the left side of the screen)
- The Treasure of Danu (You're supposed to get five items: Hera/Vallah, Conan/Axe of Lugh, Thor/Hammer of the Gods, Hercules/Sword of Light, and Percival/Brennen's Bow. Due to the sized-up weapons you did, only Hera, Conan, Thor, and Hercules show up in the chest. It is impossible for Percival's/Brennen's Bow to show up in the chest and the chest cannot be re-opened, so you lose out on that bow)

There's more bugs I've found but I'm not sure if you're willing to patch them or not so I'll wait for your response on what you plan to do in light of this bug report.

Also, regarding the last bug reported on Brennen's Bow not showing up in the Danu chest, could I please have the code that adds Brennen's Bow to my inventory? I'd appreciate it.
Last edited by Anubis on 02 Apr 2020, 22:57, edited 4 times in total.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 02 Apr 2020, 23:02

[quote="Anubis"]DaveHer, I'm not sure if you plan on patching Chaos Conspiracy at all, because I've ran into some bugs/graphical glitches. For example, a few off the top of my head:

- Axe of Lugh (Conan artifact) not positioned properly on paperdoll. This happens quite often with a lot of the special weapons.
- Rock of Ages (touching all 15 obelisk shrines) when opened puts me into a shop
- New shops added don't have stock (Always say they'll restock after 10 days but never happens. Not sure if this one is intended?)
- Paperdoll of all characters have a brown/reddish skin tone on their right hand
- Sun Shields overlap (equip one and part of the shield is visible on the left side of the screen)
- The Treasure of Danu (You're supposed to get five items: Hera/Vallah, Conan/Axe of Lugh, Thor/Hammer of the Gods, Hercules/Sword of Light, and Percival/Brennen's Bow. Due to the sized-up weapons you did, only Hera, Conan, Thor, and Hercules show up in the chest. It is impossible for Percival's/Brennen's Bow to show up in the chest and the chest cannot be re-opened, so you lose out on that bow)

There's more bugs I've found but I'm not sure if you're willing to patch them or not so I'll wait for your response on what you plan to do in light of this bug report.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 03 Apr 2020, 03:53

Anubis wrote:
Anubis wrote:DaveHer, I'm not sure if you plan on patching Chaos Conspiracy at all, because I've ran into some bugs/graphical glitches. For example, a few off the top of my head:

It's going to require a lot of time to look into that. As I remember correctly, I noticed when playing the original game that part of the shields did appear on the left. It did not bother me. But It can be corrected. If you look at the intro for the game, you will see that the only weapons replaced were the bows. The other weapons are from the original game. I will need to make the image for Percival smaller. I did not mess with paperdolls. So I do not know why they have a brown/reddish skin tone on their right hand. The new shops I thought I had corrected that. I did not mess with the coordinates of the special weapons, they have the same coordinates as the original game but it too can be fix and that will take a lot of time. Rock of Ages I do not know why it is puts you into a shop. I am going to have to look into that. The code is evt[0].Add{"Inventory", 405}
David
Last edited by DaveHer on 03 Apr 2020, 03:58, edited 1 time in total.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 03 Apr 2020, 04:39

Sorry, but what do you mean when you say you didn't tweak paperdolls or that the only weapons you replaced in the game were the bows?

The following screenshot is from your mod with altered paperdolls and items:

Screenshot of Danu Tree chest and Brennen's Bow isn't able to fit anywhere in here with this graphical mod: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

Screenshot of paperdoll with different skin-tone hand (all the new paperdolls are like this): https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 03 Apr 2020, 10:59

Anubis wrote:Sorry, but what do you mean when you say you didn't tweak paperdolls or that the only weapons you replaced in the game were the bows?

The following screenshot is from your mod with altered paperdolls and items:

Screenshot of Danu Tree chest and Brennen's Bow isn't able to fit anywhere in here with this graphical mod: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

Screenshot of paperdoll with different skin-tone hand (all the new paperdolls are like this): https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
I is obvious that you have not heard of the mod "legendary_heroes_v1.1.7". It is a mod made for TCC and which I used and completely forgot to give credit to them. The items and paperdolls are from that mod. It is there work not mind. The mod had bugs in it, Shields too big and over lapping.(that is where I saw the shields that part of it appeared on the left which did not bother me), Weapons not placed correctly on paperdolls (this can be corrected). The helmets I made are perfect in place. That is my work. I did not correct there bugs because I had already spent enough time with my work.
David
Last edited by DaveHer on 03 Apr 2020, 11:17, edited 1 time in total.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 03 Apr 2020, 12:38

Ahh, that makes sense. I thought those graphics/paperdolls were your work! Thank you for the clarification.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 05 Apr 2020, 05:37

I just finished Part 1 of TCC. I have to say your attention to detail in decorating the towns/outdoor maps were really good. Overall, was a great remake. Good job! I decided not to play Part 2 because it wasn't as flavorful as Part 1 is, but I have to wonder, did you decorate anything in Part 2 at all? If so, I may come back and finish Part 2 someday.

Again, awesome job!

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 06 Apr 2020, 00:02

Anubis wrote:I just finished Part 1 of TCC. I have to say your attention to detail in decorating the towns/outdoor maps were really good. Overall, was a great remake. Good job! I decided not to play Part 2 because it wasn't as flavorful as Part 1 is, but I have to wonder, did you decorate anything in Part 2 at all? If so, I may come back and finish Part 2 someday.

Again, awesome job!
No I did not and thanks for the bug report And thanks for the compliment. I think I fixed Rock of Ages. The shopes are fixed. There were two textures missing, they are fixed. Here is the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=16KWiT ... uq1cIuhdvV I would like to know if the Rock of Ages Works. Thanks. This patch will not invalidate your savegame. Have you tried MM7Rev4modR1 Redone? It is much better than CCR.
David

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 06 Apr 2020, 03:03

I plan on playing the MM7Rev4Redone Mod soon -- currently trying out the MMRandomizer by Anerag for MM6.

I unfortunately won't be able to test the Rock of Ages or the shops with the patch as I deleted my TCC saves in order to play the MMRandomizer. :( I think someone else plans on playing your TCCRedone mod soon so I'll give that person a heads up on your new patch when that person starts it up.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 06 Apr 2020, 03:07

Anubis wrote:I plan on playing the MM7Rev4Redone Mod soon -- currently trying out the MMRandomizer by Anerag for MM6.

I unfortunately won't be able to test the Rock of Ages or the shops with the patch as I deleted my TCC saves in order to play the MMRandomizer. :( I think someone else plans on playing your TCCRedone mod soon so I'll give that person a heads up on your new patch when that person starts it up.
I understand and thanks anyway. :) David

lightbringer23
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lightbringer23 » 06 May 2020, 20:01

Dude, you are like my spirit animal or something. This CCR looks amazing. Downloading now. Then I hear that you've redone BDJ's other great work, the MM7Rev4? Next on the list.

Then I see that you've also fully patched Echo's awesome monstrosity into the MM678 merge? And fixed the graphical glitches I found?!

Then I discover that, like me, you prefer to play all druids :D For my trip through the Merge, I altered the Druid class to have the HP of a fighter, and access to all the skills, and played all druids :D. It was an absolute blast.

I will use your Druid class for CCR unchanged, sir, for you are a gentleman and a scholar.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 07 May 2020, 10:18

lightbringer23 wrote:Dude, you are like my spirit animal or something. This CCR looks amazing. Downloading now. Then I hear that you've redone BDJ's other great work, the MM7Rev4? Next on the list.

Then I see that you've also fully patched Echo's awesome monstrosity into the MM678 merge? And fixed the graphical glitches I found?!

Then I discover that, like me, you prefer to play all druids :D For my trip through the Merge, I altered the Druid class to have the HP of a fighter, and access to all the skills, and played all druids :D. It was an absolute blast.

I will use your Druid class for CCR unchanged, sir, for you are a gentleman and a scholar.
Thank You. :)
David

lightbringer23
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lightbringer23 » 09 May 2020, 18:29

I'm probably a quarter of the way in, exploring the Bog of Tuonela. I've run into a pretty serious crash.

First, a quick comment on the Morgana quest from above: I remember having that issue when going through the original Chaos Conspiracy. I think it was because the quest required both killing Morgana AND killing all the witches. I had killed all the witches, but one of the corpses was out of bounds and I didn't collect it. The game didn't recognize that I had killed all the witches until I retrieved the one witch corpse with telekinesis. Then everything proceeded normally. I don't know what effect respawn times may have.

As for my crash:
Looking around in the town causes a CTD. It seems to be correlated with looking up at the sky, but not entirely. I can look up at the sky away from town without issue. I have killed all opponents in town, and I am on the southern edge. A few times I have triggered a crash by looking quickly around nearer the ground. Makes me think there's some other object that is triggering the crash. I haven't gone elsewhere yet, as you might imagine this makes progress fairly difficult -- especially since I get re-cursed every time I reload from a CTD.

I have installed your texture fixes in the patch, in case that's relevant. I am playing in mouse look mode. I haven't experienced crashes anywhere else in the game. In Sutter's Bay and Elessian (sp?) Isles the ground around the town disappears at some compass points, but nothing else is affected. That's the only other graphical glitch I've seen.

Great mod so far, just hope I can find a solution for that Bog CTD!

Edit: I triggered a crash by looking south, well away from the town. It definitely seems to be sky related. The only other thing is that I can consistently trigger a crash by standing south of the town and sweeping my view toward the stables. I tried changing the graphical detail to Low, but crashes persisted. Crashes also still occur outside of mouse look mode.

Edit: Weird. I went inside some of the tunnels inside the town and looked up -- crash. Never saw the sky, just looked up -- this time at the ceiling. Big problems when you can't look up in a zone filled with flyers!
Last edited by lightbringer23 on 09 May 2020, 18:57, edited 3 times in total.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 09 May 2020, 22:47

Indeed. I've had the same crash. It occurred in Bog of Tuonela as well as Kriegspire. It seems to occur when the weather is in "super-fog" mode.

The only fix you can do for it at this point is to go to the Inn in either Tuonela or Kriegspire and sleep it off for a day or so until the weather is no longer in "super-fog" mode. Something like that, anyway. Or just camp until the weather changes -- that'll work too.
Last edited by Anubis on 09 May 2020, 22:48, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”