The Chaos Conspiracy Redone

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Re: The Chaos Conspiracy Redone

Unread postby DaveHer » 08 Sep 2019, 18:40

It sounds like the procure that Rodrid recommends. I made a screen shot but I do not have a link to it yet. :)
David

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 08 Sep 2019, 18:50

DaveHer wrote:It sounds like the procure that Rodrid recommends. I made a screen shot but I do not have a link to it yet. :)
David
Once you do, go ahead and link it together with the animation I made you in here to Rodril in MMMerge forum, so that he sees the extent of the problem and comment accordingly to it, like the animation shows "this is how Ghost Dragons (as well as Wight and Spectral Dragons, if we go to standard 3-tiered monster/foe rank, said names being my idea as I expressed in my .txt document I added to the image assets) are supposed to look like" on animation VS "this is how they actually look like" on your screenshot. ;)
Yes?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 08 Sep 2019, 19:23

SpectralDragon wrote:
DaveHer wrote:It sounds like the procure that Rodrid recommends. I made a screen shot but I do not have a link to it yet. :)
David
Once you do, go ahead and link it together with the animation I made you in here to Rodril in MMMerge forum, so that he sees the extent of the problem and comment accordingly to it, like the animation shows "this is how Ghost Dragons (as well as Wight and Spectral Dragons, if we go to standard 3-tiered monster/foe rank, said names being my idea as I expressed in my .txt document I added to the image assets) are supposed to look like" on animation VS "this is how they actually look like" on your screenshot. ;)
I already figured out the problem. First I did not know that CCR already had bone dragons. It's been a long time since I played it and forgot all about them. The dragons I was placing in CCR are those dragons not yours. Your dragons are not appearing in the editor (the editor displace a list of available monster to place in the game and yours are not there) and I think its because there may be a limit as to how many different monsters MM6 can have. :( I will have to ask Rodril or GrayFace about that. If this is the case then the original bone dragons will have to be replaced with yours and that is going to take some work. I know that I entered the correct information to all the files that need editing because the MMextension excepted them. Other wise I would get an error message from the extension.
David

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 08 Sep 2019, 19:37

DaveHer wrote:I already figured out the problem. First I did not know that CCR already had bone dragons. It's been a long time since I played it and forgot all about them. The dragons I was placing in CCR are those dragons not yours. Your dragons are not appearing in the editor (the editor displace a list of available monster to place in the game and yours are not there) and I think its because there may be a limit as to how many different monsters MM6 can have. :( I will have to ask Rodril or GrayFace about that. If this is the case then the original bone dragons will have to be replaced with yours and that is going to take some work. I know that I entered the correct information to all the files that need editing because the MMextension excepted them. Other wise I would get an error message from the extension.
David
Oh, I see, so then it's either that or (just maybe) the notion that Ghost Dragons are missing their respective code in order to make them individual monsters on their own. Or both, I don't know. Definitely need to ask Rodril/GrayFace about that indeed.
Yes?

joanthedark
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby joanthedark » 29 Dec 2019, 17:50

Hello David Hernandez, thank you for redoing TCC! I've been having a blast playing it a second time (first time was the original TCC years ago so this second playthrough I forgot a lot about it).

I feel the need to post because I've found a huge bug: There are some areas that will always respawn 1 enemy everytime you revisit an area (through boat/stable or town portal) or reload a game, might not sound like much, but after a while you get to see stuff like this:

They respawn on the bottom left, close to the Town Portal well of Avalon, it also happens close to the stable (you can see a red dot on the minimap close to it, but the same amount of enemies on the well have also spawned there, they're just on top of each other so you only see 1 red dot until you approach and they move to attack you)

This also happens on the Fortress of the Ancients at the center of the circle areas, this dungeon was reloaded 4 times so you can see about 4 golems on the map, this is not the same kind of intended enemies who spawn on the top of the platforms as soon as you approach, I haven't spawned those yet (need to get closer for that to happen).

And on Lair of Koschei

Just look at that! This one is the biggest offender of them all by far, because they're at the entrance, meaning if you go out to heal, or reload, that will just spawn more and more, even at level 88 I still cannot do this dungeon because I can't reliably sharpmetal them either (you get cursed everytime you reload or enter).

Try to see if you can replicate this issue David, save and load one of these areas and see if it also happens to you, I'm playing on the hardest difficulty so that might have something to do with it, or it could also be one of my files that didn't copy properly or something during the mod installation.
Last edited by joanthedark on 29 Dec 2019, 17:59, edited 3 times in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 30 Dec 2019, 00:40

joanthedark wrote:Hello David Hernandez, thank you for redoing TCC! I've been having a blast playing it a second time (first time was the original TCC years ago so this second playthrough I forgot a lot about it).

I feel the need to post because I've found a huge bug: There are some areas that will always respawn 1 enemy everytime you revisit an area (through boat/stable or town portal) or reload a game, might not sound like much, but after a while you get to see stuff like this:

They respawn on the bottom left, close to the Town Portal well of Avalon, it also happens close to the stable (you can see a red dot on the minimap close to it, but the same amount of enemies on the well have also spawned there, they're just on top of each other so you only see 1 red dot until you approach and they move to attack you)

This also happens on the Fortress of the Ancients at the center of the circle areas, this dungeon was reloaded 4 times so you can see about 4 golems on the map, this is not the same kind of intended enemies who spawn on the top of the platforms as soon as you approach, I haven't spawned those yet (need to get closer for that to happen).

And on Lair of Koschei

Just look at that! This one is the biggest offender of them all by far, because they're at the entrance, meaning if you go out to heal, or reload, that will just spawn more and more, even at level 88 I still cannot do this dungeon because I can't reliably sharpmetal them either (you get cursed everytime you reload or enter).

Try to see if you can replicate this issue David, save and load one of these areas and see if it also happens to you, I'm playing on the hardest difficulty so that might have something to do with it, or it could also be one of my files that didn't copy properly or something during the mod installation.
Sorry this is happening. But I did not mess with the spawning of monsters. I believe this is GrayFace patch v2.4.2 or v2.4. Those are the ones that mess with spawning. With the editor you can place spawning markers any where on any map (which i did not do). These markers generate, randomly, a certain number of monsters. I am going to check my copy of the game to see what happen when I go in and out of Avalon several Times.
I believe the new patch made some changes to the spawn markers. I am doing a remake of Maesto's MM7 mod, which is going to be a whole lot better than CCR. But there is a problem. Check my post in the MMExtention thread page 33. Thanks for trying the game.
David
Last edited by DaveHer on 30 Dec 2019, 00:41, edited 1 time in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 30 Dec 2019, 01:34

Playing at the hardest level has everything to do with it. It places a lot more monsters on all the outer and inner maps. I saw the script for that while doing the mod. Try using one of the air spell in that dungeon. Implosion. David

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 30 Dec 2019, 02:35

I feel the need to post because I've found a huge bug: There are some areas that will always respawn 1 enemy everytime you revisit an area (through boat/stable or town portal) or reload a game
This is not a bug. BigDaddyJim, the original creator of this mod, has said this is an intended mechanic. Due to you saving/reloading an area, monsters in certain areas will continue to respawn.

To be fair, the Diamond Gargoyles in Silver Cove are exceedingly annoying, lol.

[Edit: This 'reload-respawn' mechanic is also in the MM7Rev4ModF by BigDaddyJim)

[Edit 2: For a reference of BDJ stating that mechanic is intentional:
Big Daddy Jim wrote:The respawn rate and just what gets respawned, is determined by the mode you selected at the beginning of the game. In MMF mode, you will forever be fighting creatures every time you enter/re-enter most areas and many dungeons.
Big Daddy Jim wrote:Loading a game does cause a respawn, if that is the area programming. So it's normal.
Last edited by Anubis on 30 Dec 2019, 02:52, edited 3 times in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 30 Dec 2019, 04:30

That's what I thought too. This is the script for Lair of Koschei that spawn's the extra monsters In Death Wish Mode.
evt.map[100] = function() -- function events.LoadMap()
if evt.Cmp("QBits", 507) then -- Death Wish
evt.SummonMonsters{TypeIndexInMapStats = 1, Level = 3, Count = 5, X = -49, Y = 222, Z = -2}
evt.SummonMonsters{TypeIndexInMapStats = 1, Level = 3, Count = 5, X = -49, Y = 789, Z = -2}
evt.SummonMonsters{TypeIndexInMapStats = 1, Level = 3, Count = 5, X = 363, Y = 641, Z = -2}
evt.SummonMonsters{TypeIndexInMapStats = 1, Level = 3, Count = 5, X = -733, Y = 1025, Z = -2}
evt.SummonMonsters{TypeIndexInMapStats = 1, Level = 3, Count = 5, X = -284, Y = 3002, Z = -2}
evt.SummonMonsters{TypeIndexInMapStats = 1, Level = 3, Count = 5, X = 744, Y = 4180, Z = -2}
evt.SummonMonsters{TypeIndexInMapStats = 1, Level = 3, Count = 5, X = 139, Y = 6463, Z = -2}
evt.SummonMonsters{TypeIndexInMapStats = 1, Level = 3, Count = 5, X = 414, Y = 8399, Z = 2}
evt.SummonMonsters{TypeIndexInMapStats = 1, Level = 3, Count = 5, X = 1549, Y = 8982, Z = -2}
evt.ForPlayer("All")
evt.Set("Cursed", 0)
end
end
Last edited by DaveHer on 30 Dec 2019, 04:32, edited 1 time in total.

joanthedark
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby joanthedark » 31 Dec 2019, 03:43

I see, thank you both so much for your answers! And no need to apologize David! You both were really insightful with your posts, and it makes me feel better that it's an intended mechanic because at least that means I did not screw the mod up during the installation. I did not remember this happening during my first playthrough of TCC years ago but then again I did not play it on MMF difficulty so I thought the "issue" (mechanic) was exclusive to CCR, apologies for that!

It's all good, I'll just keep leveling and bruteforce my way through it in the future since there are still many dungeons I haven't completed yet. I remember in my first playthrough I did the Lair dungeon very early and the 1,000,000 exp reward kind of trivialized things for me, so at least I'm glad my current gameplay took an entirely different route than my previous one, that helps keep the game fresh (even more with all the stuff you added to it!).

I am very interested in your remake of Maesto's MM7 mod so thank you for mentioning it! I love MM6, MM7 and MM8 so I gladly welcome any new content for these games, I will definitely keep an eye on your progress!

I would also like to apologize for bothering you all this time of the year, I wish you all a happy new year and good luck with all your goals in life!

Ranger762
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ranger762 » 31 Dec 2019, 14:40

Thanks for the little guide through the remake of the game! I'll download it ASAP, I'm supposed to come up with a detailed report on investments in this Nice real estate by mid January but, well, a couple hours of gaming won't hurt, right?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 31 Dec 2019, 16:57

Ranger762 wrote:Thanks for the little guide through the remake of the game! I'll download it ASAP, I'm supposed to come up with a detailed report on investments in this Nice real estate by mid January but, well, a couple hours of gaming won't hurt, right?
Right :-D
David

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 31 Dec 2019, 17:00

joanthedark wrote:I see, thank you both so much for your answers! And no need to apologize David! You both were really insightful with your posts, and it makes me feel better that it's an intended mechanic because at least that means I did not screw the mod up during the installation. I did not remember this happening during my first playthrough of TCC years ago but then again I did not play it on MMF difficulty so I thought the "issue" (mechanic) was exclusive to CCR, apologies for that!

It's all good, I'll just keep leveling and bruteforce my way through it in the future since there are still many dungeons I haven't completed yet. I remember in my first playthrough I did the Lair dungeon very early and the 1,000,000 exp reward kind of trivialized things for me, so at least I'm glad my current gameplay took an entirely different route than my previous one, that helps keep the game fresh (even more with all the stuff you added to it!).

I am very interested in your remake of Maesto's MM7 mod so thank you for mentioning it! I love MM6, MM7 and MM8 so I gladly welcome any new content for these games, I will definitely keep an eye on your progress!

I would also like to apologize for bothering you all this time of the year, I wish you all a happy new year and good luck with all your goals in life!
You are welcome. No apologies necessary.
David :)

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 07 Jan 2020, 23:03

I'm asking on behalf for someone else:

Once someone finishes your TCC Redone mod, (i.e. the very end of Fortress of Anarchy) would they then follow the TCC Part 2 installation guide step-by-step in order to continue playing Part 2? Or is there something different that has to be done?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 08 Jan 2020, 02:03

Anubis wrote:I'm asking on behalf for someone else:

Once someone finishes your TCC Redone mod, (i.e. the very end of Fortress of Anarchy) would they then follow the TCC Part 2 installation guide step-by-step in order to continue playing Part 2? Or is there something different that has to be done?
Yes. Follow the same instructions.
David

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 08 Jan 2020, 02:24

@Anubis
You and Gwoorom were discussing the crash at Harmondale. It is caused (I am pretty sure) by the fact the the spawn marks are spawning a little more monsters than they use to. Also because the monsters (goblins) them self spawn monsters as well. Thus you get wall to wall goblins and crash to the desk top. I am redoing maestro's MM7 mod, which I am making massive changes. While working on it I had to delete more than half of those spawn marks that look like M&M candies. No more crash to the desk top and I still get a lot of goblins. You need to know how to use the editor to delete the marks.
David

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 08 Jan 2020, 03:03

I was troubleshooting that issue with Gwoorom on Discord. I think it was due to an incorrect install process on his part because I was having no issues with Maestro's mod at all in that area. The crash in particular was when any Goblin Chief enemy was spawning goblins, kind of like how Archmages summon Greater Light Elementals. Gwoorom managed to get it working but had to scrap his current progress and start over from scratch.

I do remember a case where the game kept crashing for someone because of too many spawns/sprites though.

As for the Part 2 installation, I asked because there's someone on Discord (do you happen to have that?) that is having trouble carrying his save over to Part 2. He's running the TCCPart2Installer.exe and is getting an error saying he must first complete Part 1 before starting Part 2. His save is right after he's talked to the Seer at the Fortress of Anarchy.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 08 Jan 2020, 05:14

Anubis wrote:I was troubleshooting that issue with Gwoorom on Discord. I think it was due to an incorrect install process on his part because I was having no issues with Maestro's mod at all in that area. The crash in particular was when any Goblin Chief enemy was spawning goblins, kind of like how Archmages summon Greater Light Elementals. Gwoorom managed to get it working but had to scrap his current progress and start over from scratch.

I do remember a case where the game kept crashing for someone because of too many spawns/sprites though.

As for the Part 2 installation, I asked because there's someone on Discord (do you happen to have that?) that is having trouble carrying his save over to Part 2. He's running the TCCPart2Installer.exe and is getting an error saying he must first complete Part 1 before starting Part 2. His save is right after he's talked to the Seer at the Fortress of Anarchy.
He must save his game in the first slot. I did not change anything in any of the indoor maps.
David

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 30 Mar 2020, 03:31

Hey, playing your mod remake so far. It's good -- will post a more detailed review of what I thought of it when I finish it.

Right now, stuck on a really janky quest where I have to slay all the witches in Bog of Tuonela + slay Morgana and acquire the Ring of Morgana. How exactly do you get Morgana to spawn because she just doesn't spawn at all.

I visited Bog of Tuonela early on during the month of March and killed a bunch of ghosts near the stables and touched the shrine of Personality. After 6 months, I returned to Bog of Tuonela (meaning the area respawned) and I went ahead and did Orpheus' Gateway and got the Pearl of Turmoil.

Afterwards, I started clearing the skies of the witches. Made my way to the Temple of Baa there because I recalled Morgana being there last time. Morgana wasn't there so I started clearing everything else in the area and then went back to the Temple of Baa to check if she would be there. Nothing. How exactly am I supposed to do this quest? There are no witches left in the skies and Morgana just doesn't spawn.

A couple follow-up questions:

1. Is there some sort of trigger that gets Morgana to spawn? e.g. looting all corpses of witches?
2. I killed a couple of witches before getting the quest to kill all witches. Could that have been the issue?
3. Are there any trigger-spawn areas that will randomly spawn witches around me (e.g. like that path through the mountains that used to spawn a bunch of harpies (in vanilla game) when I walked past a certain point)

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 30 Mar 2020, 22:24

She should appear the first time you enter the map. I remember one time killing Morgana and getting the ring before getting the quest. Killing all the witches is not going to do it. I do not know if there are any triggers that can randomly spawn witches, but I do not think there is. The map refills every 150 game days. In land of Bog of Tuonela all I did was to add things, sprites (not the animated sprites) and models and change the color of the land which I thought was appropriate. There is a possibility that you must kill Morgana the first time you visit the Bog of Tuonela. The game may have been designed that way. I need to check the scripts. Sorry this is happening.
David

Return to “Might and Magic”