The Chaos Conspiracy Redone

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

The Chaos Conspiracy Redone

Unread postby DaveHer » 05 Aug 2019, 11:41

The Mod was made with GrayFace modding tools and Corel Draw. The original mod was made by Big Daddy Jim and later moddified by Maestro and now by me David Hernandez. You can find GrayFace modding tools @ https://grayface.github.io/mm/#Files-from-BDJ's-site

1. Start with more money.
2. Store open late hours.
3. Stable and Boat travel almost every day plus everyday area.
4. Six new quests that help prepare you better for those brutes in Kastution Waters. Three quests are at Ellesia, where you should go first. One quest is at Sutter's Bay, and it will take you to two other quests.
5. New textures, sprites, and models.
6. New helmets, shields, rings,books, and bows.
7. Two new towns. One in "The Far Reaches" and the other in "Glacier's End". They have shops that give services and NPCs for hire.
8. Monstors drop more money and useful stuff.
9. and other changes.
Here is the Link: https://www.nexusmods.com/mightandmight ... escription
There you will see Pics of the mod.
You can also download it at: https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-chaos-co ... /downloads

@All
All New textures, sprites, models, helmets, shields, rings, book, and bows, that I created for “The Chaos Conspiracy Redone” can be used in the merge and making them available to all that are involve with the merge and want to use them in their copy of the merge. In each of the four folders there is a text file with instructions as to where and how to put the files into the Lod folders. There is also step by step instructions as to how to use the editor to put the models and sprites into the map. It is not difficult to do. Here is the link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

There is now an enhance version of The Chaos Conspiracy Redone and it was done by GrayFace. Click on the link for "Mod Job" not the Nexus.
GrayFace Wrote: Here are files for MM6 version of TCCR. Includes reworked
sprites and fixed maps. I've removed all extra monsters that resulted
from the export trick that you used, fixed some textures and their alignment etc. :-D
Thank You GrayFace

There is a patch for the enhance version at Mod Job. Click on the link for Mod job to get it. The enhanced bitmaps were made by GrayFace. :-D
David
Thanks again GrayFace.
Last edited by DaveHer on 27 Dec 2021, 20:53, edited 9 times in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: The Chaos Conspiracy Redone

Unread postby Pol » 05 Aug 2019, 13:16

Bookmarked. And we can host it, like BDJ original and Maestro's Mod ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 05 Aug 2019, 14:56

Pol wrote:Bookmarked. And we can host it, like BDJ original and Maestro's Mod ;)
By all means to so. Thanks. I have been having fun it. I have not encountered any bugs yet.
David Hernandez

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 05 Aug 2019, 19:45

Definitely looking forward to trying this out! I'll let you know what I think once I finish the mod. I was thinking of playing through The Chaos Conspiracy within the next month so this mod couldn't have come at a better time!

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 05 Aug 2019, 20:19

DaveHer, I haven't tried your mod yet, but just out of curiosity, do you start with 21k gold at the start of the game? The reason I ask is because of the discussion in this thread: https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/ ... 20#p378056

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 05 Aug 2019, 20:47

Anubis wrote:DaveHer, I haven't tried your mod yet, but just out of curiosity, do you start with 21k gold at the start of the game? The reason I ask is because of the discussion in this thread: https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/ ... 20#p378056
It is stated in the description and the readme file that you start out with more money. So Yes. Hope you enjoy. I am having fun playing it. Thanks for downloading it.
David Hernandez :D

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 05 Aug 2019, 21:31

I was so involved in the original TCC; I never got around to playing it from beginning to end; just the individual quests and new maze configurations. One thing I would ask is the in game map had a misspelling, I believe it has the Bog of Tounella instead of Tounela. BDJ had asked Maestro to fix it before it was released, but it was at the end and he never got around to it. So if you are able to fix that it would be nice.
Last edited by jeff on 05 Aug 2019, 21:38, edited 1 time in total.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 05 Aug 2019, 21:45

jeff wrote:I was so involved in the original TCC; I never got around to playing it from beginning to end; just the individual quests and new maze configurations. One thing I would ask is the in game map had a misspelling, I believe it has the Bog of Tounella instead of Tounela. BDJ had asked Maestro to fix it before it was released, but it was at the end and he never got around to it. So if you are able to fix that it would be nice.
I will look into that but I believe that Maestro version had it fixed. I used Maestro version to enhance "The Chaos Conspiracy Redone" and I did not notice the misspelling. :)
David Hernandez

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 06 Aug 2019, 02:04

Yes the spelling has been corrected.
David

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 06 Aug 2019, 14:41

Thanks for checking
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 09 Aug 2019, 15:47

Cool stuff in general, but for me it's always a shame when a mod makes the game easier :D Though I guess it's not a huge problem to remove the gold and get the original monster drops back when I have the time to play it again.

Good job, love to see people are still making shiny stuff for MMs :)

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 09 Aug 2019, 17:44

Echo wrote:Cool stuff in general, but for me it's always a shame when a mod makes the game easier :D Though I guess it's not a huge problem to remove the gold and get the original monster drops back when I have the time to play it again.

Good job, love to see people are still making shiny stuff for MMs :)
I changed only three monsters and these monsters appear at the beginning of the game. Some people are not aware that warrior and death wish level monster do not appear in Castle Ironfist. But they do appear in the other lands. If a player wants to make it harder all they have to do is select The toughest mother #$%@ level and buy weak weapons and that will come close to the original. But remember that those monsters do not appear in Castle Ironfist map. I upload a patch to fix the druids skills and to fix two missing textures. Also I made the monstrosity compatible with the merge and I did not have to make new palettes. I used the existing palettes in the merge. This trick was done with Corel Draw. Thanks for giving my mod a try.
Sincerely,
David :)
Last edited by DaveHer on 09 Aug 2019, 18:27, edited 3 times in total.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 20 Aug 2019, 05:48

"CCR Patch 2:

This is a patch. You will need the main file 1.0 This patch will make the equipment and monsters the same as the original."

What exactly do you mean by this? Equipment sprites/monster sprites?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 20 Aug 2019, 09:18

Anubis wrote:"CCR Patch 2:

This is a patch. You will need the main file 1.0 This patch will make the equipment and monsters the same as the original."

What exactly do you mean by this? Equipment sprites/monster sprites?
Monsters will drop money and items the same as the original. Weapons and armor will have the same power as the original.
David

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 20 Aug 2019, 17:26

Ah, okay. I'll definitely be using your CCR2 Patch then. (Edit: Meant to say I won't be using the patch)

Before I create my party, I wanted to ask you about the Ether Weapons. I remember vaguely that one of them required the Sword skill and the other required the Axe skill. Also, the Ether Weapons were only effective on certain monsters, if I remember correctly. Is this still true for your patch or have you changed that?

The reason I ask is because I would really like to do a Squire/Druid/Cleric/Mage, but because the Squire is going to be doing Sword/Spear, and neither the Druid, Cleric, and Mage can learn Axe, I'm hesitant in creating that party.
Last edited by Anubis on 20 Aug 2019, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 20 Aug 2019, 17:55

The Patch puts all the weapons and monsters back to their original state. Yes to all questions.
David

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 20 Aug 2019, 18:11

Whoops. I meant to say I will NOT be using your CCR2 patch as I'm interested in seeing your re-imagination of the mod.

And just to clarify, the Ether Weapons will still require the Sword skill and the Axe skill, if I understand you correctly?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 20 Aug 2019, 22:10

Anubis wrote:Whoops. I meant to say I will NOT be using your CCR2 patch as I'm interested in seeing your re-imagination of the mod.

And just to clarify, the Ether Weapons will still require the Sword skill and the Axe skill, if I understand you correctly?
Yes because I did not change that. Do not forget to use patch 1. It restores the druid skills to its original state. That was for my own personal use. I like to play with all druids. Be aware that if you play at the medium or hardest level, the monsters for those levels do not appear in castle ironfist, but they do appear in all the other lands and that is the way it was originally done. :) Have fun.
David

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 21 Aug 2019, 19:24

I downloaded your patch -- it doesn't fix the Druid's skills/stats at all.

You might want to check the archer's tables too -- I'm seeing that Archer is able to learn light/dark magic if I'm reading that correctly. And it seems Sorcerer is able to wear Chain Mail too..unless that's intended. It seems Druid is unable to learn the staff and dagger as well? (I'm looking at Class Starting Skills, btw)
Last edited by Anubis on 21 Aug 2019, 19:33, edited 3 times in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 21 Aug 2019, 23:25

You are right. I am going to have to make a clean installation and get the files from that and replace the patch in the Nexus with the right one.
Sorry. David Oh and thanks for letting me now.

Return to “Might and Magic”