MM7 Slaying Dragon in Emerald

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
INCOGNITO
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM7 Slaying Dragon in Emerald

Unread postby INCOGNITO » 24 Feb 2019, 14:37

It is been a pleasure to have somethings common in here... I am 49 years old... got 4 sons (Korel, Daniel, Mikael, Rafael... remember the names in scored play) and 1 daughter... All of them interested with MM Series...
Actually my big son 23 years old now, playing better then me... and he is also happy to hear all these improvements...

OK... Here how i slay the red dragon in emerald...
Part 1
https...... tomorrow with another music
Part 2
https:..........
Last edited by INCOGNITO on 24 Feb 2019, 20:27, edited 1 time in total.

INCOGNITO
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: MM7 Slaying Dragon in Emerald

Unread postby INCOGNITO » 24 Feb 2019, 19:48

Music's (that i put to video) Copyrights... !.. You cant see... I will try to put them again tomorrow

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 25 Feb 2019, 01:41

The way I always slay the Red Dragon in Emerald Island:

- Either accept the wand from Malwick and deal with Niles Stantley later on...OR
- Bring dragonflies to Malwick and let the dragonflies kill him and loot the wand afterwards (other villagers will most likely be killed as well) so you don't have to deal with Niles Stantley later on

Afterwards, I head on over to the dragon's cave and I save/reload before entering the cave so I can quickly run through the cave to find a Wand of Fire on the ground and then I just attack the dragon with both wands.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 25 Feb 2019, 07:26

In my experience dragon range attack is relatively slow and can be dodged and with full team of bows it can be done. Malwick wand of course makes it bit more easy and saves a little bit time.

INCOGNITO
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby INCOGNITO » 25 Feb 2019, 11:20

Last edited by INCOGNITO on 25 Feb 2019, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 25 Feb 2019, 19:16

You need to fix your video link to part one (remove video_copynotice and replace with watch > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjR3_b9Xx0g)

Good job on killing the dragon though!

I did notice that you were turning left or right pretty fast in the game. In case you weren't aware, you can change it by going into Options and setting "Turn Rate" to "Smooth". (That's just my personal preference)
Last edited by Anubis on 25 Feb 2019, 19:16, edited 1 time in total.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 26 Feb 2019, 07:29

I did notice that you were turning left or right pretty fast in the game. In case you weren't aware, you can change it by going into Options and setting "Turn Rate" to "Smooth".
I am pretty sure this is done on purpose as you need to quickly turn and shoot in this particular fight. Fast turn rate is anoying in normal circumstance , but since its needed to quickly turn / shoot/ and run further.

INCOGNITO
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby INCOGNITO » 26 Feb 2019, 21:26

Tress is right.., turning smooth gives you no chances but a quick death. That's how it works in all giant slayings. Never ever stop.., quick run or fly and quick turn.
watch my dragon flight, it's the same.
Last edited by INCOGNITO on 26 Feb 2019, 21:29, edited 1 time in total.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 27 Feb 2019, 05:29

Oh, okay. Makes sense.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 27 Feb 2019, 14:19

Tress is right.., turning smooth gives you no chances but a quick death. That's how it works in all giant slayings. Never ever stop.., quick run or fly and quick turn.
watch my dragon flight, it's the same.
In my old playthroughs i used to kill blue dragon in Tatalia before that was possible by "fair" methods, with similar run/ dodge / shoot. Back then i never though about setting turn control as i didnt wanted to bother , but now looking back, it would make it bit more easy. Luckily while game still is very sub par in physics mechanics compared to normal action games, jumping and turning still allowed to retain momentum to turn even if with smooth keyboard turn speed.
Probably will need to replay mm6/7 sometimes, specially considering there is not really that much first person party based rpg's nowdays. Played mm 7 countless times, while mm6 only couple and with very broken version. Dungeons in mm6 kinda throw me off to play it again, as land is really nice, but dungeons are bit too long and ugly for my taste.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 27 Feb 2019, 15:43

INCOGNITO wrote:Tress is right.., turning smooth gives you no chances but a quick death. That's how it works in all giant slayings. Never ever stop.., quick run or fly and quick turn.
Not really. It's possible to kill a dragon with only bows and smooth turning with no death at all but it is more time consuming and require a lot more coordination. You can even solo MorCarack and Wromthrax but be ready to spend at least 45 minutes doing this if no longer (however I cheated - my character was named Chuck Norris, so no wonder he could kill both dragons :D ).

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 28 Feb 2019, 07:37

Not really. It's possible to kill a dragon with only bows and smooth turning with no death at all but it is more time consuming and require a lot more coordination. You can even solo MorCarack and Wromthrax but be ready to spend at least 45 minutes doing this if no longer (however I cheated - my character was named Chuck Norris, so no wonder he could kill both dragons :D ).
Yes it is possbile as enemies in mm6-8 are quite slow in general , unlike ones in mm9 (where they have all kinds of different abuse possibilities i.e cloud spells) so even smooth can bedone, though it is not doing any favors.
Wromthrax fight of course is much more easy, not only because you have more decent level/stuff by then but also his cave is much more friendly and there is less skulls you can run into and get stuck, its also bigger, and you can keep more decent distance. I usualy kept myself on water area.
Killing one on Emerald of course is fun chalange but I think its bit of an exploiting for "fair" game , similar as nwc dungeon as it would reduce quite some challenge for first part of game due to equipment boost. Of course noone is judging how game is played(and there is plenty of legitimate mechanics that trivializes game), and for high scores/speed runs everything goes/

Return to “Might and Magic”