MMDoC Revival

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Pol
Admin
Admin

MMDoC Revival

Unread postby Pol » 06 Feb 2019, 21:13

baratorch silently ressurected Duel of Champions and he starts to pouring a new life into it. This is alpha release, for a bug testing not meant for a public.

His aims are:
* make it without Ubisoft content
* balance cards
* fix connectivity issues
* fix bugs in general
* enhance interface
* keep it free
* trying to fix AV complaints going from 'DoC_Lobby.exe'

MMDoc - meta

Instructions and 'original' text from mmdoc.ixbb.ru
"The actual client of MMDoC Revival:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eZ5WZ … VkFrqnM6Pb
and last patch (0.93)
http://ih1394250.vds.myihor.ru/MMDoC_Re … Update.zip
There is the translation of the original post of HoMM3_HD
HoMM3_HD написал(а):
Since this is the first alpha, and even not quite open, I did not bother with the installer. The game is just in ahiva.
Unpack the archive somewhere (just not in ... \ Program Files ...).
Run DoC_Lobby.exe (you can attach a shortcut where necessary).
The game needs DirectX 9.0c, MS Visual C ++ Redistributable 2012, MS Visual C ++ Redistributable 2013, .Net Framework 3.5, .Net Framework 4.0
you will need to supply the missing.
Known issues:
1. So far, the online service is very demanding on the quality of the Internet, and if you don’t have it very much, there will be disconnects (with the victory of the opponent in a duel). The solution - a stable connection regardless of the quality of Ineta - will be in the next version.
2. If you surrender while the opponent is still in mulligan mode (choosing the starting hand), then the opponent may display the wrong result of the duel (defeat).
I'll remember something else, I'll write it.
*. It is very likely that your antivirus will swear on DocCore.dll and DoC_Lobby.exe, in which case you will need to add these files to the exceptions.
If this is the case, then write what kind of antivirus on which Windows to which file swore.
For example, I have Kaspersky fries swearing at DoC_Lobby.exe, saying not-a-virus: HEUR: Downloader.MSIL.Generic and blocking.
In the future I will try to do something about it, but I'm not sure about success.
*. The interface is snapped up and will change.
Once again: The release is not for the general public (it is not yet properly designed, and contains the content of Yubisoft). Shouting about it is not necessary.
You don’t need to be silent either, but if you refer to alpha, it’s not in public, but in private correspondence.
You can call your friends. You can call some Xevala, Sergus VI, D4rk-Messiah, the most loyal game of the top Poles, if you have contacts ... Suddenly, one of them will be interested.
Write about impressions, problems, everything.
Alpha works for you or does not work, be sure to write what version of Windows you have."
This is also being discussed and confirmed by baratorch on HC here.
Last edited by Pol on 07 Feb 2019, 11:24, edited 2 times in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Re: MMDoC Revival

Unread postby Tress » 09 Feb 2019, 21:17

This is kinda great as MM DOC was actually one of rare TCG(i dislike TCG in general) that i liked and its bit sad Ubi canceled it, but i can understand that its hard to compete with HS, which would completely kill it without breaking sweat, even Valve with their huge paychecks completely failed to make decent game in this genre and its out of business in just few weeks after release.
I used to play MTG when i was kid but i stoped because cards were of too limited availability in my area and too expensive, and you were at lucks mercy to get cards vital to meta game. This was really redeeming part of DOC as you could buy almost any card via wildcards , thus limiting restriction for meta cards.
I quit by time they released set that featured "heroic" walls, as they changed monetization model somewhat, and i kinda hated tactics those new cards brought up, but aside of that i liked it more than HS.

Return to “Might and Magic”