Rebirth of M&M8 - "The Lord of the Damned" modification

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
J. M. Sower
Scout
Scout

Rebirth of M&M8 - "The Lord of the Damned" modification

Unread postby J. M. Sower » 30 Dec 2018, 15:46

Hello, I want to present my modification for MM8 that will be not only extension, but completly new part of MM saga. It will have the storyline placed in Karigor, started on 1158 (a few years before MM678 games). There will be used old content from MM7/8, sometimes renewed, and also completly new things like monsters, character races, artifacts, etc. Also some other aspects will be extended/changed/added like new functions in interface (in new blue color, but I want to leave option to have the original, green interface).

I planned to publish first version of mod when there will be completly finished starting map. Unfortunetly for first there will be only the polish language version, but I want to make also english.

Here is topic about modification on polish forum. I started publishing informations about this project in 2016 so it would be hard to write about all, here and now. Therefore, if someone is interested, please, use Google translate, and read the polish topic. If something is unclear just ask me here. ;)
https://www.forum.acidcave.net/topic.ph ... 969&page=1

Anyway I will try to present something below and from this time I will be publishing new informations also in here, in english.

Video from the game:
https://youtu.be/oETAptUGcRY

From the last newses, in my mod will be some differences introduced into all character classes/races. They will be more focused on unique skills. Also Dark Elves will be replaced to Ice Elves (there will be Vori Island in game ;) ) and Minotaurs and Trolls will be replaced by Werewolfs (strong in damage, and with some dark magic skills, even some completly new spells) and Gnomes (the weakest race in fight but very good in magic and speciall abilities like repairing, merchant etc.) Here are some actual graphics of new races:

Male Elves haven't good faces for now:

Here you can see the new main menu:

And some pics of new creatures (including remake of wraiths ;) ):

Spoiler alert! ;P
http://oi65.tinypic.com/34qp6qe.jpg

Seasons:

Return of blasters!

World map (at this time it is little more polished ;) )
Last edited by J. M. Sower on 30 Dec 2018, 15:54, edited 4 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Re: Rebirth of M&M8 - "The Lord of the Damned" modification

Unread postby Templayer » 30 Dec 2018, 16:06

BUMP!
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 30 Dec 2018, 16:08

From one of the posts on the polish forum: "O Sowerku, wymodelowałbyś enta :D "

You really should, Dendroids would be awesome. Something to replace the dragon, much less OP and more lore-friendly. :P

J. M. Sower
Scout
Scout

Unread postby J. M. Sower » 30 Dec 2018, 16:22

Templayer wrote:From one of the posts on the polish forum: "O Sowerku, wymodelowałbyś enta :D "

You really should, Dendroids would be awesome. Something to replace the dragon, much less OP and more lore-friendly. :P
I'm not very convinced to the Dendroids as characters. At this time I allow that dragons will be hireable, but I'm not sure it is good to left them in the game. Anyway there was idea to make playable Krewlod Goblins, but at this time it is only idea, and last time I think that there will be only possibility to visit one land of Antagarich, Vori Island. Eventually also the lizard-version of Tatalia. ;P

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 30 Dec 2018, 17:58

J. M. Sower wrote:
Templayer wrote:From one of the posts on the polish forum: "O Sowerku, wymodelowałbyś enta :D "

I'm not very convinced to the Dendroids as characters. At this time I allow that dragons will be hireable, but I'm not sure it is good to left them in the game. Anyway there was idea to make playable Krewlod Goblins, but at this time it is only idea, and last time I think that there will be only possibility to visit one land of Antagarich, Vori Island. Eventually also the lizard-version of Tatalia. ;P
What about Krewlod Orcs or Ogres? Or Tatalian Lizardmen!! :P :D

J. M. Sower
Scout
Scout

Unread postby J. M. Sower » 30 Dec 2018, 19:31

I think at this time the count of races will be good. Anyhow I have many things to do, so I don't need aditional work. ;)
Last edited by J. M. Sower on 30 Dec 2018, 19:31, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 30 Dec 2018, 20:30

You have my attention, bookmarked! ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Erwinner
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Erwinner » 09 Jan 2019, 12:19

Good luck there with your gorgeous mod, I've been following it for a while and can't wait to see how it shapes up!
can you tell us any premise for your plot etc? And what concept are you going for with the Vori Elves?

J. M. Sower
Scout
Scout

Unread postby J. M. Sower » 10 Jan 2019, 07:38

About the story, it will be connected with H2 POL campaign about the lord Alberon, on times when Karigor was abandoned by Enroth kings, and Alberon II, the son of earlier lord established the Kingdom of Karigor as a new king. Now the new realm fell in chaos and misery. The king lost his family in murder and fell in madness. There are many plagues over all lands. Many monsters appeared. The dead rose from their graves. People whisper that it is divine punishment for the sins of the Alberon II. The final of the plot will be connected with H3 in some way. ;)

About the Vori, there will be some piece of puzzle to get something powerful that some people covet last time. ;)

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 10 Jan 2019, 21:13

J. M. Sower wrote:About the story, it will be connected with H2 POL campaign about the lord Alberon, on times when Karigor was abandoned by Enroth kings, and Alberon II, the son of earlier lord established the Kingdom of Karigor as a new king. Now the new realm fell in chaos and misery. The king lost his family in murder and fell in madness. There are many plagues over all lands. Many monsters appeared. The dead rose from their graves.
You know, the usual stuff. :D

J. M. Sower
Scout
Scout

Unread postby J. M. Sower » 11 Jan 2019, 07:13

Templayer wrote:
J. M. Sower wrote:About the story, it will be connected with H2 POL campaign about the lord Alberon, on times when Karigor was abandoned by Enroth kings, and Alberon II, the son of earlier lord established the Kingdom of Karigor as a new king. Now the new realm fell in chaos and misery. The king lost his family in murder and fell in madness. There are many plagues over all lands. Many monsters appeared. The dead rose from their graves.
You know, the usual stuff. :D
Day like everyday on Enroth ;P But I wan't to make noticeable in my mod that situation on Karigor is very paltry. There will be misery and threats on every step. Offcourse there will be some positive threads, but I think, if I will finish this project some day, it will be the most dark story in comparison to MM6-8. If I will finish... at this time I don't have to much time for it.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 11 Jan 2019, 18:11

J. M. Sower wrote:Day like everyday on Enroth ;P But I wan't to make noticeable in my mod that situation on Karigor is very paltry. There will be misery and threats on every step. Offcourse there will be some positive threads, but I think, if I will finish this project some day, it will be the most dark story in comparison to MM6-8. If I will finish... at this time I don't have to much time for it.
It doesn't have to be dark (like the DC movies are trying too hard to be and being crappy as a result of that), but oh boy, what wouldn't I give for some more Heroes 3 vistas. A necropolis, or a small outpost of devils that would actually look like their towns in Heroes 3... A Dungeon that would actually look like the Dungeon town in H3.... those were some insanely well designed pieces of art. Seeing someone trying to translate those to the MM6-8 engines (Labyrinth and the other engine which name I have forgotten) could be nice. The towns in MM8 really lack verticality (they're too flat for my tastes... ). Just some inspiration for you, perhaps.

Erisian
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Erisian » 20 Mar 2019, 08:00

Been hoping for a MM8 mod for a long time. I hope it's not too difficult doing an english version. It looks totally awesome and I wish you good luck!
"It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end"
(Ursula K Le Guin)

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 21 Mar 2019, 19:22

Erisian wrote:Been hoping for a MM8 mod for a long time. I hope it's not too difficult doing an english version. It looks totally awesome and I wish you good luck!
If you want to play a very good MM8 mod project that is pretty much complete and only small bugs remain, so you can play and finish it, check the MMMerge project. :hug:

*SHAMELESS PROMOTION*

:beheading:

J. M. Sower
Scout
Scout

Unread postby J. M. Sower » 21 Mar 2019, 21:49

Of course Merge is nice project, but generaly it offers just original storylines (with small addon) that we already know very well. I want to create completly new story that offers fresh journey, but still in this beautiful universe and in not too much changed gameplay. So the nature of that projects is very different and you can't give one as a substitute of the second and vice versa :P

And about creating, I think I will find some fans interested in help with translation and it will not be to much difficult, but at this time bigger problem is that I haven't time to work with this mod... maybe after graduation. ;)
Last edited by J. M. Sower on 21 Mar 2019, 22:01, edited 3 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 21 Mar 2019, 22:06

J. M. Sower wrote:Of course Merge is nice project, but generaly it offers just original storylines (with small addon) that we already know very well. I want to create completly new story that offers fresh journey, but still in this beautiful universe and in not too much changed gameplay. So the nature of that projects is very different and you can't give one as a substitute of the second and vice versa :P

And about creating, I think I will find some fans interested in help with translation and it will not be to much difficult, but at this time bigger problem is that I haven't time to work with this mod... maybe after graduation. ;)
I didn't mean that the Merge would be a substitute for your project, as they are, as you have mentioned, radically different from each other.

Still, combining MM6, MM7 and MM8 into one singular game with all the features, and adding an additional quest line as a cherry on top is quite a marvel.

It would be great as a base for a mod.

I would love to see a new game in your vein, but unfortunately I have seen quite a lot of project such as yours, and they have all failed (to my dismay). Usually due to the eventual lack of time. :(

Erisian
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Erisian » 22 Mar 2019, 10:00

Templayer wrote:
Erisian wrote:Been hoping for a MM8 mod for a long time. I hope it's not too difficult doing an english version. It looks totally awesome and I wish you good luck!
If you want to play a very good MM8 mod project that is pretty much complete and only small bugs remain, so you can play and finish it, check the MMMerge project. :hug:

*SHAMELESS PROMOTION*

:beheading:
I just might give that a try. Thank you. :oex:
"It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end"
(Ursula K Le Guin)

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 22 Mar 2019, 13:45

I think it'd be swell if there was a way could join your project with the merge somehow (in form of an addon or something). This way, even if you didn't manage to do everything, it could still be playable as additional locations, races, items and whatnot. Which would be awesome.

I, too, am afraid for any new MM project after seeing so many awesome ideas die due to real world obligations :( Making merge-addons could perhaps help preserve the work people do and allow for creating awesome stuff with less draconic commitment.

Just a thought ofc. No idea how plausible even.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 29 Mar 2019, 17:17

Echo wrote:I think it'd be swell if there was a way could join your project with the merge somehow (in form of an addon or something). This way, even if you didn't manage to do everything, it could still be playable as additional locations, races, items and whatnot. Which would be awesome.

I, too, am afraid for any new MM project after seeing so many awesome ideas die due to real world obligations :( Making merge-addons could perhaps help preserve the work people do and allow for creating awesome stuff with less draconic commitment.

Just a thought ofc. No idea how plausible even.
Hi Echo, I am a big fan of MM6-9. I like what you did with the monstrosity. I installed it for both MM7 & MM8 and played them. I made one change for my own personal taste. Monsters give less items. I have learned a lot about using MMArchive and MMExtension. Used them to make many modifications to all three MM games. But have not learn how to use the MMEditor. I believe you use it for putting monsters and things on the map. I am not sure. I would like to learn how to put more monsters and things on the map. Can you help me. Thanks.

Return to “Might and Magic”