New Sorpigal Unreal Engine 4

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

d4rk3lf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: New Sorpigal Unreal Engine 4

Postby d4rk3lf » Apr 28 2019, 21:41

Prince_of_Thieves wrote:If youn don’t mind, i’m making series of posts about your projects in russian community (more than 3k fans) and other social networks, dedicated to might and magic (facebook page @love.enroth).

Well, I am from Serbia.
How could I matter anything related to mother Russia? :)
Of course not mate, and anyone can share anything what wants.
This is a totally free fun project.

random_content wrote:Is Autodesk required (is there a proprietary lock?) to unpack and do 3D/CAD conversion? Does Unreal or any/every other CAD program have this functionality?

There's no any lock (as I know), the only thing is... why would I export you you CAD flie, that you will export to FBX or DataSmith to load to Unreal, if I can export you (fbx or datasmith) straight, that you can load into Unreal? :)
Actually, I am planning to export all my Unreal project files, so anyone can look on them.
It's just, they are 12 GB (so far) , and upload will be long.. and if someone can get me free ftp space, I?ll gladly upload the whole project.

lapislosh wrote:Hey, just wanted to chime in.
Not sure what the status of this project is currently

Hey mate!
You did AMAZING job.
Even I personally didn't like all the changes you made, I realized that you want something completely different.
And I like it. Really looking forward to see what new stuff you invented.

Erisian
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby Erisian » May 2 2019, 11:09

d4rk3lf wrote:2) I will upload my last exe file. This time it has some minor changes, but includes day/night cycle that I tried to do slow like in the real MM6. Try to wait 5 minutes or a bit longer, and it will be night.. then sunrise.. etc.

This time I am uploading exe on my personal google drive, so even if I am out of here for months, anyone can look into it.
Here is the link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D6We-S ... sp=sharing

Awesome - thanks!
"It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end"
(Ursula K Le Guin)

random_content
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby random_content » May 4 2019, 4:23

I fried my video card and have spent half a year with a card too old to run Unreal and learn. So I did other projects. New card coming soon and hopefully some fun projects.
What I have learned.

DATASMITH is an Unreal Engine plugin that can export 3ds files to Unreal.
https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/Studio/Datasmith/HowTo

Autodesk FBX Converter standalone or plugin for Autodesk/Maya
https://www.autodesk.com/developer-network/platform-technologies/fbx-converter-archives Autodesk FBX Converter download page.
http://download.autodesk.com/us/fbx/2013/FBXconverter/index.html Instruction manual for Autodesk FBX Converter.

I cannot comment on these tools functionality as this time.

@ d4rk3lf - your .rar files are corrupt as of the time of this posting.

d4rk3lf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby d4rk3lf » May 4 2019, 9:31

random_content wrote:What I have learned.
DATASMITH is an Unreal Engine plugin that can export 3ds files to Unreal.
I cannot comment on these tools functionality as this time.

Datasmith is great for 3DS Max.
The main advantage (for me) is it's material export abilities. With fbx you can export meshes, but you have to change to standard 3DS Max material, if you want (only) diffuse and normal texture to be exported, and that's it.
Datasmith can automatically convert very complex Vray materials (or standard), trying to respect almost every material property (reflection, glossiness, transparency... etc)...
The resulting material in UE is often very complex and unoptimized, but you can't expect better job for an automated process, and I am personally very happy with the results, as the material really tends to look very very similar like in the 3DS Max.

random_content wrote:@ d4rk3lf - your .rar files are corrupt as of the time of this posting.

I just downloaded, unpacked and started exe, and everything works for me.
Anyone else have a problem?

Return to “Might and Magic”