Might and Magic 6 .INI issue

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Rotwind
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Might and Magic 6 .INI issue

Unread postby Rotwind » 15 Jun 2018, 01:47

Like the title says I'm having a problem with any editing of the ini file actually doing anything at all, I have the GOG version of MMVI with GreyFace2.0 patch succesfully applied. I can press f2 for double speed for example. Nothing I do in the .ini file works or changes the game functions what so ever. I have the controls changed and mouselook enabled but the keyboard controls remain unchanged in game and mouse look doesn't work. Game is a fresh install.

If anyone has some advice I would be greatful! Thanks

[Settings]
QuickSavesKey=116
QuickLoadKey=119
MouseLook=1
AlwaysStrafe=1
CapsLockToggleMouseLook=1

[Controls]
Key38=87
Key40=83
Key83=69
Key36=86
Key37=65
Key39=68
Key65=81
Key88=70
Key81=88

Rotwind
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6 .INI issue

Unread postby Rotwind » 15 Jun 2018, 02:29

I reinstalled it in a new folder and did the same thing to the .ini file and now it works and has listed a lot of new codes in the ini. I remembered music playing while exploring the world though and this version doesn't seem to have any?

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 16 Jun 2018, 07:13

Hmm. I think you had to do something like editing the ini file and making this change: PlayMP3=1
I think you also need a Music folder with the respective MM6 tracks in it.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 01 Jul 2018, 08:32

Rotwind wrote:I reinstalled it in a new folder and did the same thing to the .ini file and now it works and has listed a lot of new codes in the ini. I remembered music playing while exploring the world though and this version doesn't seem to have any?
Here's MM6 music as MP3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ecp42s9xcxzlg ... c.rar?dl=0
You can extract it into Music folder inside the game folder and set PlayMP3=1 option in INI.
Last edited by GrayFace on 01 Jul 2018, 08:33, edited 1 time in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Return to “Might and Magic”