Chiyolate Fun & Balanced MM6 Mod (v2.0 Final)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
chiyolate
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby chiyolate » 30 Apr 2018, 06:24

================================================================================
================================================================================

Chiyolate Fun & Balanced MM6 Mod makes MM6 more enjoyable for all types of parties.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3T-lew0ADc

Weapon stats, armors, monsters' HPs, EXPs, golds, drop rates, and a lot of things have been carefully adjusted and boosted to make the gameplay much more satisfying and rewarding.
Expect to finish this game at Lv.300+ and have maxed out some skills! This game now feels modern and complete!
Blast through tougher monsters with either powerful combinations of melee weapons or Lv.60 spells is now possible without killing 3 of your party members. But you can still play solo in this mod to make it even harder and challenging.
Never worry again if you're playing with a full melee party, because wizard's eye and torchlight spell scrolls are now abundant!
Annoying monsters' spells have also been readjusted for a better non-frustrating gaming experience.
You can now play MM6 without switching back and forth to a webpage for potion recipes, skill teachers locations, etc because you can now just right-click and find it in the description!
Item enchantments have also been boosted to make your party building more fun!

Just try Chiyolate Fun & Balanced MM6 Mod and feel the power!

Download link:
Chiyolate Fun & Balanced MM6 Mod: https://app.box.com/s/6u677yccnvz5wxfvrwpejug6baelql61

*You can copy my MM6 checklist google sheets to help you remember things on your journey:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

HOW TO INSTALL

1. Install Might & Magic VI (can be bought from gog.com)

2. Run the supplied GrayFace MM6.Patch.v2.4.exe or you can download it officially from https://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/mm

3. Copy "Chiyolate.icons.lod" to the "data" directory inside the MM6 game folder

4. Extract the supplied "WASDMouseLook.zip" into the MM6 game folder (the one that has MM6.exe in it)

It will enable the WASD movement and mouselook (similar to playing a modern FPS game), and it will also overwrite the default settings to:

Attack: Spacebar
Movement: WASD
Quick spell: E
Talk/Interact/Loot: V or Left Click

Quick Save: F5
Quick Load: F8

These other keys will remain unchanged:
Map: M
Cast: C
Rest: R
Time: T
Jump: X
Yell: Y
Notes: N
Quest: Q
Stats: Z
Run: SHIFT
Inventory: I
Double Speed: F2
Fullscreen/Windowed: F4

5. START A NEW GAME and enjoy!

This mod is last updated on Nov 02, 2019: This is FINAL VERSION, unless there is a bug that needs fixing.

Detailed list of changes:
MONSTERS

1. All monsters' HP have been increased massively for a fun and challenging gameplay.

2. All monsters' EXP have been greatly increased for rich stats-based gameplay.

3. All monsters' Armor Class have been reduced for less missed attacks.

4. All monsters' resistances (except for Magic resistance) have been reduced for more consistent damage output.
Magic resistance of monsters with 700 HP and above has been scaled up to their maximum HP, to balance out against powerful spells such as Mass Distortion spell, Paralyze, etc.
This means, all monsters with less than 700 HP can be hit consistently with those spells, while monsters with more than 700 HP will randomly resist the spells.
The higher its HP, the more difficult for the spell to hit perfectly.
There are no monsters that immune to anything now. (except for the Reactor)
Oozes no longer immune to physical damage.

5. Bats and Rats no longer inflict disease status effect, but poison instead.

6. Reduced Dispel Magic cast chance by Maddening Eye, Lich, Greater Lich from 20% to 1%.

7. Removed Mass Curse ability from Harpy Witches.
Removed Finger of Death ability from Minotaur Kings.
Removed Age, Unconscious, and Eradication ability from monsters.
Removed Steal ability from monsters (except Rogue Leader in Shadow Guild).
Removed Dead ability from monsters (except Q in Temple of the Snake).
Removed Drain SP ability from monsters (except Devil of Baa in Devil Outpost).

8. Gold drops from monsters have been increased.
Monsters that originally don't drop gold such as spiders, now drop.

9. Some monsters now drop L6 (top level) Weapons and Armors at a 1%-4% drop rate.
You can now have L6 weapons or armors early if you are lucky enough or farm for it.

L6 Bows Archer (1%), Master Archer (1%), Fire Archer (1%)
L6 Swords Swordsman (1%), Expert Swordsman (1%), Master Swordsman (1%)
L6 Maces Acolyte of Baa (3%), Cleric of Baa (3%), Priest of Baa (3%)
L6 Staves Follower of Baa (1%), Mystic of Baa (1%), Fanatic of Baa (1%)
L6 Axes Dwarf (1%), Dwarf Warrior (1%), Dwarf Lord (1%), Minotaur (1%), Minotaur Mage (2%), Minotaur King (4%)
L6 Spears Lieutenant (2%), Captain (3%)
L6 Daggers Thief (1%), Burglar (1%), Rogue (1%), Cutpurse (1%), Bounty Hunter (1%), Assassin (1%)

L6 Chains Soldier (2%)
L6 Leathers Thug (1%), Ruffian (1%), Brigand (1%)
L6 Plates Death Knight (1%), Doom Knight (2%), Cuisinart (4%)

L6 Amulets Stone Gargoyle (1%), Marble Gargoyle (1%), Diamond Gargoyle (1%)
L6 Capes Druid (1%), Great Druid (1%), Grand Druid (2%)
L6 Boots Apprentice Mage (1%), Journeyman Mage (1%), Mage (1%)
L6 Shields Veteran (3%)
L6 Helms Fighter (2%), Guard (1%)
L6 Gauntlets Magyar Soldier (1%), Magyar Matron (1%)
L6 Belts Magyar (1%)

L6 Misc Medusa (1%), Medusa Enchantress (1%), Gorgon (2%)
Sorcerer (1%), Magician (1%), Warlock (2%)
Defender of VARN (1%), Sentinel of VARN (2%), Guardian of VARN (3%)

L6 All Hydra (2%), Venomous Hydra (2%), Colossal Hydra (3%)
Supreme Titan (100%), Red Dragon (100%), Blue Dragon (100%), Gold Dragon (100%)

10. Guards in Icewind Keep have been replaced with Archers.
Warlord's Fortress now contains nothing but Cuisinarts, Doom Knights, and Death Knights.
Peasants in Temple of the Snake have been replaced with Medusas.

11. Monsters no longer flee when in low health.

12. Archers, Druids, Baas, Elementals, Lizards, Sea Monsters, Drakes, Wyrms, Dragons, and Titans now approaches you.

MAPS RELATED

1. Paradise Valley now contains nothing but Titans.

2. Dragonsand now contains nothing but Dragons.

3. All maps' reset time have been changed to 3360 days (10 years).
Except for Dragonsand and Paradise Valley, their reset time have been changed to 7 days.

4. All dungeons' reset time have been changed to 7 days to make it possible for players to grind and farm L6 weapons and armors.
Except quest related dungeons such as Dragon's Lair, The Hive, Oracle of Enroth, Control Center, and Devil's Outpost's, their reset time have been changed to 3360 days (10 years).

ITEMS

1. Basic potions, Wizard's Eye and Torch Light spell scrolls are now dropped a lot by low-level monsters and are abundant in low-level item shops.

WEAPONS & ARMORS

1. All melee weapons' damage have been carefully increased to provide balanced gameplay across classes.

2. Hats now have defense value to make it as useful as helms.

3. Blasters now have a fixed damage of 10 and Blaster Rifles now have a fixed damage of 15.

4. Armor class for Leather, Chain, and Plate armors have been boosted especially for the low-level ones to make it more useful in the early stages.

ENCHANTMENTS

1. Item enchantments have been increased to:

Treasure lvl Bonus Stat
1 1-25
2 25-50
3 50-100
4 100-200
5 200-300
6 350-550

2. Item enchantments have new balanced rules to accommodate those high numbers:

"of Health" (+HP) can only be obtained from Armors and Shields
"of Magic" (+SP) can be obtained from Helms, Belts, Capes, Gauntlets, Boots, Rings, and Amulets
"of Might" can only be obtained from Capes
"of Thought" can only be obtained from Helms
"of Charm" can only be obtained from Belts
"of Vigor" can only be obtained from Armors
"of Precision" can only be obtained from Gauntlets
"of Speed" can only be obtained from Boots
"of Luck" can only be obtained from Amulets
"of Resistances" can only be obtained from Shields
"of Defense" enchantment have been removed

3. Rings with these effects are now much easier to get:

Wearer resistant to Diseases.
Wearer resistant to Insanity.
Wearer resistant to Paralysis.
Wearer resistant to Poison.
Wearer resistant to Sleep.
Wearer resistant to Stone.

These rings are useful to tackle monsters with fatal effects such as Medusas, Agars, and Gargoyles. Use it to your advantage!

4. Greatly increased the chance to get weapons with special enchantments.

5. To avoid imbalance, weapon enchantments of Swift, Vampiric, and Darkness have been removed (except for Artifacts and Relics).

6. Also removed all "of Air/Water/Earth/Fire/Body/Mind/Spirit/Light/Dark" items (except for Artifacts and Relics).

ECONOMY

1. Skill teachers, low-level training grounds, and New Sorpigal Temple now cost much cheaper.

2. Potions, potion bottles, herbs, and spell scrolls' value have been increased to let you earn more gold.

3. Gems' value have been greatly increased (a Diamond is now worth 100,000 Gold for example).
Below are the places where you can farm for gems:

Snergle's Cavern
Gharik's Forge
Castle Darkmoor
Castle Alamos
Supreme Temple of Baa
Trade magic lamps at Bandar Jahrom's house in Dragonsand

UI IMPROVEMENT

1. Right-clicking on an empty potion bottle shows you the complete potion recipes in the description.

2. Right-clicking on animal statuettes (Blackshire quest) shows you the related pedestal location in the description.

3. Right-clicking on a skill shows you its teachers' locations as well.

4. Altar of the Sun quest description now displays all equinox and solstice dates.

5. Quest related message scrolls are now marked as Quest Item in the description, so you can leave the other useless scrolls in the chest.

6. Tomb of VARN codes (kcops, yttocs, ulus, etc) now shown in the title of each scroll for your convenience.

7. Right-clicking on a Deck of Fate shows you the information about the usage benefit in the description.

8. Prince Nicolai quest now shows you the circus location hints.

9. Changed dead tombstone sprite to make it less frightening, useful for when playing a solo character.

10. Adjusted button colors (red button is now shinier and the green button now feels calmer)

Enjoy!
Last edited by chiyolate on 02 Nov 2019, 09:33, edited 61 times in total.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Re: Fun and Balanced MM6 Mod :-D

Unread postby Anubis » 01 May 2018, 10:21

Cool! I also modded my MM6 files to adjust some game mechanics similar to yours. This really looks like a good mod, so good job on that. Next time I play MM6, I'll be using this.

But, yeah, your changes are good. Removing those bullshit mechanics is a great idea, like enemies being able to steal your items because that's just so ridiculously game-breaking. I wouldn't mind them stealing my items if I were able to kill them and loot them back. Hell, even harpies being able to spam mass curse on you over and over is so annoying when there's no way to protect yourself against being cursed. Even the one-shot-kill enemy mechanics is pretty dumb, so kudos to you for removing that as well. Your treasure-loot idea is pretty interesting. Looking forward to testing that out when I play it. Thanks for contributing! :applause:

chiyolate
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby chiyolate » 01 May 2018, 10:47

Thank you!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who got annoyed by those ridiculous spells! hahaha..

I also carefully adjust the weapon melee damage so that now every weapon combination has its own characteristic!
Also, since none of the monsters are immune to anything, you could experiment with a lot of spell combo too!
Earth spells used to be a bit useless, since you can't Mass Distortion anything than low level monsters, but now it's much more powerful! you could use a few Mass Distortion spell to a high leveled monster and finish it off with another destructive spell! but if you're lucky, it will be a one hit KO.
And you are no longer need to bring a Sorcerer to your party because of Wizard's Eye and Torch Light, since the scrolls are abundant in the beginning of the game :D

And also, the idea of reducing L6 drop rate to 1% is to make the player just enjoy killing monsters instead of reloading to get the perfect item! hahaha.. That's also why I reduced the spawn rate of dungeons to just 7 days.. you could just Train, and go back to the dungeon for more killing!

I had fun modding this game and I hope you also enjoy trying it! :D
Last edited by chiyolate on 01 May 2018, 10:51, edited 2 times in total.

darkdill
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Unread postby darkdill » 01 May 2018, 21:04

I'm guessing this mod doesn't directly affect the stats of spells due to modding/engine limitations, but being able to invest more points into elemental schools should make up for that.

One thing I think you should've done was given Dragons a 1% chance to cast Dragon Breath. It'd just make sense. :D

chiyolate
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby chiyolate » 02 May 2018, 00:59

darkdill wrote:I'm guessing this mod doesn't directly affect the stats of spells due to modding/engine limitations, but being able to invest more points into elemental schools should make up for that.

One thing I think you should've done was given Dragons a 1% chance to cast Dragon Breath. It'd just make sense. :D
You're right! I wish I could change the spell stats and cost too! But so far it's still pretty fair.. and much more improved than the original!
Before, when you get the spells to high level, it's almost time to end the game as well, but with this mod, your fun begin at the early part of the game :D

Dragon breath? that's a great idea! I will try to add it , Master level 60 :D and test it if I can survive hunting them with my full mass distortion sorcerers!

Edit: Too bad MM6 doesn't recognize Dragon Breath as enemy spell :( I've tried using Fireball at Master level 60 instead, but it doesn't hurt much.. hahaha..
Last edited by chiyolate on 02 May 2018, 02:12, edited 1 time in total.

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 26 May 2018, 03:24

Thanks for all your hard work on this mod.

There's a lot of things I really like about this mod.
  • The information on skills for where to find trainers.
  • The re-balanced weapons.
  • Tougher enemies have made the game more fun.
  • I love hats and crowns providing AC. I actually have a reason to use them now instead of just seeing them as worthless junk to always sell.
  • Overall I like the changes to enchantment values, though I think resist effect enchantments come up too frequently now.
Overall though, there's one major glaring flaw in the mod. You turned up the XP values WAY too high on monsters. For example, I did a comparison of the old and new XP values on Gargoyles. Gargoyles (at least for the one I checked, I forget which) now give over 43 times the XP that they used to... that seems, just a little too absurd to say the least.

I tried a game as a solo knight. Solo knights have few things to buy early on, yet even with gold drops being buffed, and even with only 1 party member, I was struggling for money to level up at the training grounds. Even after I maxed out Merchant with 15 points & mastery, I was STILL being driven to near bankruptcy whenever I went to the training grounds to level up. After a couple of days with a few hours of play each day, my Knight will be over level 200 when I go to the training grounds again. This is despite the fact that I've done maybe 20% of the quests in the game, most of which are beginner/mid game quests.

Also, the huge XP gain is having another unintended side effect. Any skills where the Mastery requirements are to complete a quest, especially the harder or more out of the way quests, makes those skills significantly worse with how I'm batheing in XP. For example, why would I ever use an Axe when I have Swords maxed out at 60 points, and can easily get the mastery Spear skill without doing a long 2 dungeon quest?

90% of the mod is great, I love that 90%, it makes the game a lot better. But the XP gains really need pulled back down to earth.

chiyolate
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby chiyolate » 30 May 2018, 07:54

ShadowLiberal wrote:Thanks for all your hard work on this mod.

There's a lot of things I really like about this mod.
  • The information on skills for where to find trainers.
  • The re-balanced weapons.
  • Tougher enemies have made the game more fun.
  • I love hats and crowns providing AC. I actually have a reason to use them now instead of just seeing them as worthless junk to always sell.
  • Overall I like the changes to enchantment values, though I think resist effect enchantments come up too frequently now.
Overall though, there's one major glaring flaw in the mod. You turned up the XP values WAY too high on monsters. For example, I did a comparison of the old and new XP values on Gargoyles. Gargoyles (at least for the one I checked, I forget which) now give over 43 times the XP that they used to... that seems, just a little too absurd to say the least.

I tried a game as a solo knight. Solo knights have few things to buy early on, yet even with gold drops being buffed, and even with only 1 party member, I was struggling for money to level up at the training grounds. Even after I maxed out Merchant with 15 points & mastery, I was STILL being driven to near bankruptcy whenever I went to the training grounds to level up. After a couple of days with a few hours of play each day, my Knight will be over level 200 when I go to the training grounds again. This is despite the fact that I've done maybe 20% of the quests in the game, most of which are beginner/mid game quests.

Also, the huge XP gain is having another unintended side effect. Any skills where the Mastery requirements are to complete a quest, especially the harder or more out of the way quests, makes those skills significantly worse with how I'm batheing in XP. For example, why would I ever use an Axe when I have Swords maxed out at 60 points, and can easily get the mastery Spear skill without doing a long 2 dungeon quest?

90% of the mod is great, I love that 90%, it makes the game a lot better. But the XP gains really need pulled back down to earth.

Hello!! Thanks for trying out my mod!! :-D

About the resist effect enchantments, I will have a look and reduce it if necessary!

About the bankruptcy.. hmm that's odd, I think playing as a solo party needed much more gold than a full party. You could try grinding from Titans and Dragons since I made the gold drop from Titans and Dragons 2 times more than the other monsters! I will try play a solo knight and readjust the training cost if it's too frustrating!

About the Axe.. it's actually much stronger if you use Sword Axe combination (sword in left hand, axe in right hand)
Here are 3 screenshots of 3 weapon combinations for knights:

This one is a knight with Sword lv.60 Master, fastest aspd, very good for starting knights, since you only need 8 point in Sword mastery and 2 swords to begin with.

This one is a knight with Sword lv.8 Master and Axe lv.60 Master, excellent for damage dealers, once you master the Axe to lv.60, the aspd will be maxed also (still a little bit slower than Swords though).

This one is a knight with Sword lv.60 Master and Spear lv.30 Master, this one is a bit hybrid for attack and defense.
Notice the higher armor class because of the 30 points in Spear mastery.. if it's maxed, the damage would be 167-195, although I prefer Sword Axe combination though :D

The original plan for this mod is to make the gameplay rely more on the skill distributions (plenty of maxed skills before finishing the game) so I made the exp increased hugely. But I admit I didn't make the monsters much more tougher than it should've been.. I will go back to this mod and make it more challenging by increasing the number of monsters and/or the damage they do..
Last edited by chiyolate on 31 May 2018, 17:43, edited 4 times in total.

Milky1988
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Milky1988 » 08 Jan 2019, 20:45

Excellent! Thank you ^^

Actually, is there any chance you could make a small mod so that weapons can do energy damage and show the energy attack animation when they hit?
That'd be awesome...!

chiyolate
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Fun and Balanced MM6 Mod v1.1 (updated) :-D

Unread postby chiyolate » 06 Oct 2019, 14:51

Updated and now compatible with the latest MM6 v2.4 Patch!
Also, I'm working on a fun and balanced MM7 Mod!
Milky1988 wrote:Excellent! Thank you ^^

Actually, is there any chance you could make a small mod so that weapons can do energy damage and show the energy attack animation when they hit?
That'd be awesome...!
I don't think that's possible for me...
Last edited by chiyolate on 06 Oct 2019, 14:52, edited 1 time in total.

dcasez
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Chiyolate Fun & Balanced MM6 Mod (v2.0 Final)

Unread postby dcasez » 19 Apr 2020, 18:39

How is the MM7 version coming along?

Return to “Might and Magic”