I can't find any tutorials on how to edit monster stats

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
darkdill
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

I can't find any tutorials on how to edit monster stats

Unread postby darkdill » 07 Apr 2018, 01:08

I was trying to edit the monsters in MM7 to give more experience per kill, but using just MM7View didn't seem to do the trick. I've also tried searching these boards for some tutorials on how to edit monster stats, but all the links I find are dead ones.

Can anyone here point me in the right direction?

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: I can't find any tutorials on how to edit monster stats

Unread postby Rodril » 08 Apr 2018, 12:58

Hello, here is list of existing tools: https://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/mm .
To edit monster's stats you would need MMArchive 1.2 to extract "Monsters.txt" form "Events.lod" in "...\Data" folder. Most of properties stored there.

darkdill
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Unread postby darkdill » 08 Apr 2018, 20:53

Okay, so I used MMArchive and edited the Monsters.txt file and then re-added said txt file to the Events.lod, but then... nothing happens. The changes I made don't transfer into the game.

EDIT: Figured it out. Needed to export and create that new.events.lod file. Now it works.
Last edited by darkdill on 08 Apr 2018, 20:57, edited 1 time in total.

darkdill
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Unread postby darkdill » 26 Apr 2018, 04:18

Okay, new problem: I've done a bunch of edits in MM8 to make monsters a lot stronger (and give more experience), but it doesn't affect unique creatures like Old Loeb, Ilsingore, etc. I assume it's in a different file, but where would I look?

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 30 Apr 2018, 16:15

darkdill wrote:Okay, new problem: I've done a bunch of edits in MM8 to make monsters a lot stronger (and give more experience), but it doesn't affect unique creatures like Old Loeb, Ilsingore, etc. I assume it's in a different file, but where would I look?
Stats of these monsters were manually corrected, to edit them you have to open map where they were placed, find monster and tweak stats. I did not try to do it with anything else than MMEditor. With MMEditor you should start or load game, press f4 to enter windowed mode, press alt+f1 to open control GUI, press "Internal map" button and choose map to open, find monster, select him with left click and press "E" button, in popped window find requierd stats and change them.

Return to “Might and Magic”