MM7 Maestro Mod Installation Issue

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Meldragora
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM7 Maestro Mod Installation Issue

Unread postby Meldragora » 25 Jan 2018, 08:54

I've played through the mod before successfully on a previous computer, so I know for a fact that with the mod installed, the dragonflies on the first island should be replaced with goblins. I also remember that the spiders in the first dungeon were taken out or replaced with something else. At some point, however, for some reason, I found that the monsters everywhere had been reverted to their vanilla locations & stats, and every time I try to install & play the mod since, it has always been the same. I apologize if someone has already asked & answered this, but I'm really frustrated being unable to play this amazing mod as it was intended, especially after putting in the work to develop a party which includes every single class, all free skills from barrels and all things that have to be done in a certain order (that took a good deal of work). Any help is very much appreciated. Also, Some of the text doesn't add up. For example, if I say goodbye to BDJ at the end of the docks after starting a new game, his response is something like what I think Sharktooth Sal says in the original game, talking about trading a red potion for his hat.
Last edited by Meldragora on 25 Jan 2018, 09:13, edited 1 time in total.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Re: MM7 Maestro Mod Installation Issue

Unread postby Anubis » 26 Jan 2018, 06:36

It's been a while since I've played the mod, but I think your issue may have to do with GrayFace's MM7 patch. If I remember correctly, there's an option during GrayFace's MM7 patch installation which says that you need to leave a box unchecked if you're installing the patch over a mod like BDJ's mod. This is why I always keep a back-up of the original MM7 game files so that whenever I'm done with a patch and want to go back to vanilla, I just delete all files in DATA and replace them with the original MM7 files and reinstall GrayFace's patch.
Last edited by Anubis on 26 Jan 2018, 06:37, edited 1 time in total.

Meldragora
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: MM7 Maestro Mod Installation Issue

Unread postby Meldragora » 27 Jan 2018, 00:40

Anubis wrote:If I remember correctly, there's an option during GrayFace's MM7 patch installation which says that you need to leave a box unchecked if you're installing the patch over a mod like BDJ's mod.
Thanks for the advice! That fixed it. I don't know what made it go wrong on my old computer, but it's fixed now, and if it acts up again I'll remember this. Now I feel dumb for not remembering that lol.

Return to “Might and Magic”