Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Ossie
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.07.2021]

Unread postby Ossie » 12 Nov 2021, 20:49

raekuul wrote: 12 Nov 2021, 13:11
Ossie wrote: 12 Nov 2021, 03:48 Just finished what appears to be the final Verdant quest with the Focal Ring & lots of alchemical items - saving the Super Goobers. I've been given a Telelocator rod but there are no more quest dialogue options (I've visited several times) and no indication what to do with the rod. I've read here there are further quests including one where the main character needs to be able to survive deep water damage, but I can't progress any further. What am I doing wrong?
Once you've beaten all three games and finished building the telelocator, there's a new high magic spot in Ravenshore. It follows different rules from the other six.
Thanks. I also have no quest for building the telelocator or doing anything with the rod. Are you saying V will spark up again after completing all three games, nothing further to do now?

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 12 Nov 2021, 22:28

Yeah, there's a few more quests that V will give you once you're done with the continental content.

m&m_fan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby m&m_fan » 19 Nov 2021, 17:18

I got through my previous issue of items not loading chests by just reloading my save prior to the end of the game and bringing the needed items into the next game. I'm having another issue now though. I played through MM7 and I'm going through MM6 now. I've completed all the high council quests, but when I try to enter the high council building the game crashes. There is no prompt or error, when I try to enter the building it's like I clicked quit and the game closes. Any ideas?

Edit: Loaded a prior save and the High Council was already completed before I even attempted any of the quests. Did completing them again mess something up..?

StormyG7
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Unread postby StormyG7 » 20 Nov 2021, 18:00

[[Duplicate]]
Last edited by StormyG7 on 20 Nov 2021, 18:03, edited 1 time in total.

StormyG7
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Unread postby StormyG7 » 20 Nov 2021, 18:02

Rodril wrote: 24 Nov 2017, 19:58 Messed up with challenges and Jadam lich promotion, fixed it, but have not put into update, should work now. Obelisk treasure of Antagrich (and "Temple in a bottle") fixed, thanks.
Antigarach obelisk treasure doesn't work for me. I'm on the community-master branch.

EDIT: Disregard, loaded my game and it worked

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 22 Nov 2021, 06:34

m&m_fan wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 17:18 I got through my previous issue of items not loading chests by just reloading my save prior to the end of the game and bringing the needed items into the next game. I'm having another issue now though. I played through MM7 and I'm going through MM6 now. I've completed all the high council quests, but when I try to enter the high council building the game crashes. There is no prompt or error, when I try to enter the building it's like I clicked quit and the game closes. Any ideas?

Edit: Loaded a prior save and the High Council was already completed before I even attempted any of the quests. Did completing them again mess something up..?
Er, could you explain a bit more what stage you were at? Has traitor left already or not? Have you seen traitor video?

star46
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby star46 » 22 Nov 2021, 07:30

is it normal for my merge gameplay to be running in 10 fps?

qtish
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby qtish » 22 Nov 2021, 12:13

star46 wrote: 22 Nov 2021, 07:30 is it normal for my merge gameplay to be running in 10 fps?
Launch game on hardware mode with administrator rights.

Ossie
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby Ossie » 23 Nov 2021, 09:54

Verdant's "Cycle Of Life" rings for completing the various mainline final quests - other than the +20 Endurance, they are also listed as having the "Shared Life" property. I haven't seen this manifest passively, just checking how these work or whether they are anything other than a standard +20 Endurance ring?

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 23 Nov 2021, 16:53

Ossie wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 09:54 Verdant's "Cycle Of Life" rings for completing the various mainline final quests - other than the +20 Endurance, they are also listed as having the "Shared Life" property. I haven't seen this manifest passively, just checking how these work or whether they are anything other than a standard +20 Endurance ring?
Well, if it isn't manifesting, then it's a bug. The ring is supposed to cast a self-renewing Shared Life spell on the wearer leading to the HP equaling out between wearers. I... think

Ossie
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby Ossie » 23 Nov 2021, 20:12

Xfing wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 16:53
Ossie wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 09:54 Verdant's "Cycle Of Life" rings for completing the various mainline final quests - other than the +20 Endurance, they are also listed as having the "Shared Life" property. I haven't seen this manifest passively, just checking how these work or whether they are anything other than a standard +20 Endurance ring?
Well, if it isn't manifesting, then it's a bug. The ring is supposed to cast a self-renewing Shared Life spell on the wearer leading to the HP equaling out between wearers. I... think
That's what I figured. Several Artifacts/Relics have similar properties - Shield, Preservation etc - and those features always show up as short-duration-continually-active spells when you right click on the character portrait. Nothing like that for the wearers of the Cycle Of Life rings. Unless it's been happening in the background, only between wearers, and I haven't noticed. Certainly hasn't been happening across the entire party, which is how the spell works. Which also begs the question that if only one character is wearing one, is it THEN just essentially a standard +20 Endurance ring?

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 24 Nov 2021, 02:05

just to verify, how much HP does your heaviest character have vs your lightest one? The closer in HP everyone is, the harder it is to see a difference.

Ossie
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby Ossie » 24 Nov 2021, 02:30

raekuul wrote: 24 Nov 2021, 02:05 just to verify, how much HP does your heaviest character have vs your lightest one? The closer in HP everyone is, the harder it is to see a difference.
Highest is ~1,500, then ~1,100 and three around 550-600. Only the 1,500 and 1,100 have been wearing them so far, so the effect could be in the background between those two only, but I've never noticed. As above, no effect showing on the character portrait, and certainly no spontaneous sharing from the 1,500 to the 550 characters - I would have definitely noticed that as the 1,500 would have been reducing - he's virtually never below 100% between the various regen items they all have.

V's just given me a third ring for completing the Lincoln, but I haven't yet seen any effect, so wondering whether to recycle the ring slots to something else

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 24 Nov 2021, 02:50

just as an acid test, take off the Cycle of Life rings, then cast Shared Life manually. What you see there should be what you get from Cycle of Life (and if not, that's a question for more deeply involved people)

Ossie
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby Ossie » 24 Nov 2021, 03:21

raekuul wrote: 24 Nov 2021, 02:50 just as an acid test, take off the Cycle of Life rings, then cast Shared Life manually. What you see there should be what you get from Cycle of Life (and if not, that's a question for more deeply involved people)
I use the spell manually quite frequently & I'm pretty familiar with the effects. The rings definitely don't manifest passively across the entire party (which is how the spell works), or else you'd see the heavier members continually draining down and the lightest continually topped up to max. I frequently see the lighter members be low on HP for long periods while the heavier ones are at full, with no change between them other than regen effects. It may be working passively across only those wearing them, so I'll test by putting one on the heaviest and one on the lightest

Milky1988
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Milky1988 » 27 Nov 2021, 15:48

Hi, I'm getting frame skipping every 10 seconds in the game and its driving me mad, I can't play the game. Doesn't matter if its hardware accelerated mode or software accelerated, or if I change the in game added graphic options, turn off the mp3 in the .ini file, change the graphic card options, nothing works. Any help would be very much appreciated at this point as I really can't play this the way it is :(
I'm playing on a i5-8300H, gtx1050ti, 16gb ram Windows 10 Tried lowering to 60hz forcing Vsync also, changing the location of the install from my ssd to ddr -
Thanks

EDIT - FIXED - My wife wondered if I was connected to bluetooth as she wanted to put on the speaker in the living room. Turns out, it was on the entire time and once off, the problem was solved!

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 29 Nov 2021, 05:59

Ossie wrote: 24 Nov 2021, 03:21 I use the spell manually quite frequently & I'm pretty familiar with the effects. The rings definitely don't manifest passively across the entire party (which is how the spell works), or else you'd see the heavier members continually draining down and the lightest continually topped up to max. I frequently see the lighter members be low on HP for long periods while the heavier ones are at full, with no change between them other than regen effects. It may be working passively across only those wearing them, so I'll test by putting one on the heaviest and one on the lightest
Cycle of Life has its own Shared Life implementation (see Scripts/Global/ExtraArtifacts.lua, function SharedLife). Will not work if wearer has full (or extra) HP. Also will take HP into pool from other char if he has bigger HP only.

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 29 Nov 2021, 13:07

so then you want to put Cycle of Life on the characters with the least HP, not the most. That's good to know.

Mallfiss
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mallfiss » 08 Dec 2021, 05:03

Hello, i need a little help here, apparently my game crashes whenever i anyhow hover over cloak on one of my characters, making it impossible to change it or getting rid of it, i tried using CEditor, reinstalling the game completely and flexing all that setup thingy, whatever i do it doesnt work, same thing happened not long ago with another item on SAME character (idunno if it actually matters or not but) but i got it fixed by replacing the item currently equipped for a new one and it stopped crashing since then, now its just the cloak, please elp :)

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 08 Dec 2021, 10:03

Mallfiss wrote: 08 Dec 2021, 05:03 Hello, i need a little help here, apparently my game crashes whenever i anyhow hover over cloak on one of my characters, making it impossible to change it or getting rid of it, i tried using CEditor, reinstalling the game completely and flexing all that setup thingy, whatever i do it doesnt work, same thing happened not long ago with another item on SAME character (idunno if it actually matters or not but) but i got it fixed by replacing the item currently equipped for a new one and it stopped crashing since then, now its just the cloak, please help :)
what is CEditor? never heard of it - old trainers/editors dont work with the merge!

is it a hard crash to windows, or a crash with a debug window opening?
for the 1st one the most probably cause is a faulty installation
for the 2nd one provide the content of the debug window here
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Return to “Might and Magic”