Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Mortis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

Unread postby Mortis » 04 Apr 2021, 16:43

SpalonaPlastelina wrote:Hello, im new here.
I have a little problem with install Grayface and Marge together.
Cose in any installation combination: 1 Marge 2 Grayface or 1 Grayface 2 Marge
All buildings change npcs: photos
Pls help me i dont know what can i do :d
Yes its funny, but i cant start quests :d

https://postimg.cc/gallery/qMqwt9N
Witam

Z tego co wiem, najpierw instalujesz pliki od Rodrila, potem patch od Grayfaca. Ja osobiście w ogóle nie instalowałem tej ostatniej łatki(Grayface)tylko:
1)pliki z grą(gog)
2)pliki z merge(Rodril)
3)pliki z łatki Mergecommunity(od cthscr)

i wszystko jak do tej pory działa poprawnie.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 04 Apr 2021, 17:27

Don't install GrayFace's patch, it's already included. If you don't want to listen to this, do NOT check the lods that are incompatible with Merge (GrayFace's patch installer tells you about them). If you already install those incompatible lods, remove 'Data/00 patch.*.lod' files except for '00 patch.bitmaps.lod' from Merge pack. See also https://gitlab.com/cthscr/mmmerge/-/wik ... al/Install

nyxianhollow
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby nyxianhollow » 04 Apr 2021, 22:33

Hi, so all of the links are dead! I was playing and testing this last year, and came back to it again, and both the mediafire and onedrive links are now broken. Is there a solid link to the current mod patch?

Yelso
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Yelso » 05 Apr 2021, 02:00

Something I wanted to check, if the base for stats when increasing them through liquids is 255, excluding item boosters, what is the max base for resistances? Or do they not have maximums for liquids?

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 05 Apr 2021, 07:04

nyxianhollow wrote:Hi, so all of the links are dead! I was playing and testing this last year, and came back to it again, and both the mediafire and onedrive links are now broken. Is there a solid link to the current mod patch?
did you even watched the first post? cthscr attached the "solid links".

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 05 Apr 2021, 15:36

New version of Russian localization available!
Now there are two separate options: basic version (RUbase) and Community branch (RUft).

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 07 Apr 2021, 05:17

And a difference is?

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 07 Apr 2021, 07:11

tolich wrote:And a difference is?
The difference comes from the features added with the community branch. For example, reworked class system.
Last edited by Maslyonok on 07 Apr 2021, 10:21, edited 1 time in total.

Tenebrus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Tenebrus » 07 Apr 2021, 12:19

Alright, first of all - THANK you for this mod. I love these games to death. If I could erase them from my mind and play them again - I would.

Either I am doing something wrong, or I have to patch the game. I am currently in MM7, started in 6, but I can't finish the golem quest. I can't open my followers tab, because either I don't know how, or it's bugged for me. I made a registration just to ask this silly question.

Followers are there, i got one just to try, but they don't open (i've seen videos online, and I know how they're supposed to look). So i'm stuck a bit.

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 07 Apr 2021, 13:32

Tenebrus wrote:Alright, first of all - THANK you for this mod. I love these games to death. If I could erase them from my mind and play them again - I would.

Either I am doing something wrong, or I have to patch the game. I am currently in MM7, started in 6, but I can't finish the golem quest. I can't open my followers tab, because either I don't know how, or it's bugged for me. I made a registration just to ask this silly question.

Followers are there, i got one just to try, but they don't open (i've seen videos online, and I know how they're supposed to look). So i'm stuck a bit.
Just click CapsLock, so your pointer will occur.

brugubug
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby brugubug » 07 Apr 2021, 22:07

Hi, another newbie here. Played might and magic plenty and decided to re-run the holy trilogy once I saw this mod existed. Just about everything from a gameplay/faithfulness perspective is fine, but I've got plenty of technical issues. Most problematic among them is intense slowdown when there are too many spellcasters awake on the map. I think it's something to do with their particle effects or something, I don't know, but my computer runs modern games at max settings so I know it's nothing like that. I'd chalk it up to just general instability if I had seen anybody else have this issue but I don't so I assume I must have done something wrong. Certain areas, namely that one castle with a ton of flying eyes and the superior temple of baa's main chamber in MM6, are nearly unplayable due to audio and video skipping. Secondly, I've seen mention of class unlimiters in the thread, things like using MM7/8 races in 6 and allowing MM6 master wizards to learn GM light and dark magic. I think it has something to do with data/tables, but it's all coding stuff that I don't understand. Is there any tutorials out there on how this mod works? I apologize if I missed a readme with deeper instructions somewhere, but any help concerning either of these problems would be appreciated, thank you.

EDIT: Now I've gotten to the kreegan ship in sweetwater and now the game crashes most of the time once I start fighting
Last edited by brugubug on 08 Apr 2021, 16:20, edited 1 time in total.

Tenebrus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Tenebrus » 08 Apr 2021, 05:45

Maslyonok wrote:
Tenebrus wrote:Alright, first of all - THANK you for this mod. I love these games to death. If I could erase them from my mind and play them again - I would.

Just click CapsLock, so your pointer will occur.
This did it. There are no words to describe how much I love you :D

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 08 Apr 2021, 16:12

Tenebrus wrote: This did it. There are no words to describe how much I love you :D
:D :D :D

joanthedark
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby joanthedark » 10 Apr 2021, 03:59

brugubug wrote:I've got plenty of technical issues. Most problematic among them is intense slowdown when there are too many spellcasters awake on the map.
Right click the executable and disable Windows 95 compatibility, most GOG installers tick this automatically to avoid issues, but since this is a mod it needs extra resources and that compatibility check limits it's potential, so to speak.

brugubug
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby brugubug » 11 Apr 2021, 04:40

joanthedark wrote:
brugubug wrote:I've got plenty of technical issues. Most problematic among them is intense slowdown when there are too many spellcasters awake on the map.
Right click the executable and disable Windows 95 compatibility, most GOG installers tick this automatically to avoid issues, but since this is a mod it needs extra resources and that compatibility check limits it's potential, so to speak.
Thanks so much! I thought I had already checked this for myself but apparently I somehow missed it lol. Waking the same kreegan horde saw 0 drop in performance much less a crash, so I think this did it.

Yelso
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Yelso » 12 Apr 2021, 04:19

Where on the evernmorn islands can I teleport to the other games? Is it a specific object?

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 12 Apr 2021, 04:47

Yelso wrote:Where on the evernmorn islands can I teleport to the other games? Is it a specific object?
at the watermages guild entrance
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Roxterat
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Roxterat » 12 Apr 2021, 15:47

Anyone know where to find snow effect sprites in files of mm6 (with grayface mod)? I just looked everywhere ^^

egin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby egin » 12 Apr 2021, 15:51

I might be stupid but what does the telelocator actually do? besides bugging out the game

Yelso
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Yelso » 12 Apr 2021, 16:11

justl wrote:
Yelso wrote:Where on the evernmorn islands can I teleport to the other games? Is it a specific object?
at the watermages guild entrance
Thank you!

Return to “Might and Magic”