Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

cthscr
Assassin
Assassin
Posts: 267
Joined: 12 Jan 2020

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

Postby cthscr » Feb 5 2021, 12:26

joanthedark wrote:Speaking of changing stats, is there a way to lower the recovery time of melee weapons?
https://gitlab.com/cthscr/mmmerge/-/commit/689ef6fd98878adede41e925d3bf2702c810ec47
There is still a 30 cap for melee and it cannot be modified lower than that value even if you modify the files above (05_MergeSettings.lua & ExtraArtifacts.lua).

Considered as not-tested-properly. Numbers in attack description would still show 30 till upcoming GrayFace's patch (or maybe even with it).

Code: Select all

-- Melee Recovery
local MeleeDelay = Merge and Merge.Settings and Merge.Settings.Attack
      and Merge.Settings.Attack.MinimalMeleeAttackDelay or 30
if MeleeDelay > 127 then MeleeDelay = 127 end

mem.asmpatch(0x406BB9, [[
cmp eax, ]] .. MeleeDelay)
mem.asmpatch(0x406BBE, [[
push ]] .. MeleeDelay)
mem.asmpatch(0x42DA51, [[
push ]] .. MeleeDelay)

cthscr
Assassin
Assassin
Posts: 267
Joined: 12 Jan 2020

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

Postby cthscr » Feb 5 2021, 12:28

Godwinson wrote:do you advice to use community master patch alone or together with rodril fixes parch ?

Never together, either former or latter. I'm using 'master' of course.

Godwinson
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 2
Joined: 05 Feb 2021

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

Postby Godwinson » Feb 6 2021, 10:39

Are there any FAQ or some other info about Mod"s gameplay ?

P.S. For example I don`t know if it is right to start playing from MM7 , because I have party 40+ in progress in vanilla MM6 it feels strange to play it again.
How to fire NPC or ask them to activate their abilities . Things like that
P.S. How to talk to Golem for Wizard quest ?
Last edited by Godwinson on Feb 7 2021, 17:03, edited 3 times in total.

Dess
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 39
Joined: 20 Apr 2008

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

Postby Dess » Feb 7 2021, 21:09

To the bottom right corner is a little icon of a head. If you press that all the hirelings and followers will show up. Including your golem.

Lately its been bothering me more and more that you cannot fly without looking down anymore, since even with mouselook disabled you will slowly descend and eventually land if you angle the camera down. Does anyone know if its possible to reverse it back to how it used to be?

xyllia
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 12
Joined: 24 Jan 2021

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

Postby xyllia » Feb 8 2021, 0:43

Dess wrote:To the bottom right corner is a little icon of a head. If you press that all the hirelings and followers will show up. Including your golem.

Lately its been bothering me more and more that you cannot fly without looking down anymore, since even with mouselook disabled you will slowly descend and eventually land if you angle the camera down. Does anyone know if its possible to reverse it back to how it used to be?


MMOs (WoW and FFXIV) do this too and it *bleeping* drives me nuts.

They automatically assume that EVERYBODY moves with WASD+Mouse in those games, and if you move with the keyboard like you do in MM6/7/8, if your camera is tilted juuuust slightly down and you right-click and drag the mouse one pixel while you are right clicking, your current pitch (the angle at which you fly up or down) is set to your current camera angle and boom. You're slowly falling again until you touch the ground and lift off again.

Drives.
Me.
NUTS.

I don't get why they don't let us turn that the frick off.

Dess
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 39
Joined: 20 Apr 2008

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

Postby Dess » Feb 12 2021, 11:10

Need a little bit of help here, my ranger just lost all of his weaponskills (21 axe, 7 bow) andinstead have none of them listed at all, I can relearn the skills but they will end up at rank 1. I tried a savegame editor but it crashes every time I try to load the save. If I go back long enough the weaponskills are still there, but that would mean doing the VARN dungeon, going through the land of the giants in MM7 and completeing the telelocator again from start to finish. Ugh...

User avatar
Nirran
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 14
Joined: 09 Feb 2021

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

Postby Nirran » Feb 15 2021, 5:02

ok i am in mm6 portion of this mod,does it have regenerate expert?

cthscr
Assassin
Assassin
Posts: 267
Joined: 12 Jan 2020

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

Postby cthscr » Feb 15 2021, 6:21

Dess wrote:Need a little bit of help here, my ranger just lost all of his weaponskills (21 axe, 7 bow) andinstead have none of them listed at all, I can relearn the skills but they will end up at rank 1. I tried a savegame editor but it crashes every time I try to load the save. If I go back long enough the weaponskills are still there, but that would mean doing the VARN dungeon, going through the land of the giants in MM7 and completeing the telelocator again from start to finish. Ugh...

Ctrl+F1
(implying Ranger is Party[0])

Code: Select all

Party[0].Skills[const.Skills.Axe]=JoinSkill(21, 1)
Party[0].Skills[const.Skills.Bow]=JoinSkill(7, 1)

Change the 1 in JoinSkill into your mastery (2 for Expert, 3 for Master, etc)
MMExtension is your best friend, not any 3rd party tool (which are mostly incompatible with Merge).

User avatar
Nirran
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 14
Joined: 09 Feb 2021

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

Postby Nirran » Feb 15 2021, 22:19

adding skill trainer location to map is a great feature,tho it doesnt add them to the teacher log

the mm6 gui has the party members cut off on the bottom,it doesnt show the added f5 - f6 spells(added as a feature i read)

can hire multiple hierlings,as of now my party has +50 learning skill from hierlings

great addon

User avatar
Daedros
Pixie
Pixie
Posts: 144
Joined: 04 Apr 2018

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

Postby Daedros » Feb 15 2021, 23:11

Nirran wrote:can hire multiple hierlings,as of now my party has +50 learning skill from hierlings

I have 4 Instructors in my party for +60 Learning skill :D
The only problem with that, is acquiring gold fast enough to keep leveling up. I've been focusing on doing the Monthly Bounty Hunts in the Pit to improve my Reputation there to lower the training cost for all of my chars. I'll save scum the monthly bounty until it's something 8.5k+ Gold, so i'll get +5 Reputation for completing it each month. So i'll train a char a couple levels until it's the next month, save scum the bounty quest for +5 Reputation, then train some levels until the next month again, rinse and repeat.
With Lvl 1 Merchant (Normal) skill, training price discount seems to max out at 65 Reputation. Sell prices max at 80 Reputation then.
With 0 Merchant skill (Monks), training price discount maxes at 70 Reputation. Sell prices max at 85 Reputation then.
Last edited by Daedros on Feb 16 2021, 8:35, edited 5 times in total.

User avatar
Nirran
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 14
Joined: 09 Feb 2021

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

Postby Nirran » Feb 16 2021, 0:42

i edited monster.txt and made the exp/hp/armor constant with lvl of monster(hp is 5x lvl,armor is 1:1 lvl and exp is 15x lvl),also added every monster drops gold(10D10 for a lvl 10 monster,20D10 for lvl 20 etc,can easily make less or more gold drop,open "monster.txt" in txt editer and find replace "D10+L" with "D20+L" for instance if u want 20 size dice for gold,be carefull tho very easy to have too much gold) i can upload it if u want,place it in "DataFiles\" folder

edit : the original monster.txt isnt easy as i said,only the one i edited is
Last edited by Nirran on Feb 16 2021, 3:10, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nirran
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 14
Joined: 09 Feb 2021

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

Postby Nirran » Feb 16 2021, 2:30

february cannot get intell from the shrine in Misty Islands,also the nicolia quest,circus isnt in bootleg bay(these two related?)

User avatar
Daedros
Pixie
Pixie
Posts: 144
Joined: 04 Apr 2018

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

Postby Daedros » Feb 16 2021, 6:55

The "Wait Until Dawn" option should wait until 6:00 AM, not 5:00 AM. Most shops open at 6:00 AM.
There should be a "Wait Until Dusk" option as well, that'd wait until 6:00 PM. Certain shops (The Pit, Deyja, Nighon) only open at 6:00 PM. Shadowspire should be added to that Dusk list.

cthscr
Assassin
Assassin
Posts: 267
Joined: 12 Jan 2020

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

Postby cthscr » Feb 16 2021, 7:07

Dawn is 5:00 AM. Period. (It is hardcoded everywhere in exe AND used in various calculations.)

User avatar
Nirran
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 14
Joined: 09 Feb 2021

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

Postby Nirran » Feb 16 2021, 16:34

Nirran wrote:february cannot get intell from the shrine in Misty Islands,also the nicolia quest,circus isnt in bootleg bay(these two related?)


read that if u talk to seer it "activates" it,tried it and it worked,so false bug :)

User avatar
Nirran
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 14
Joined: 09 Feb 2021

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

Postby Nirran » Feb 16 2021, 17:02

stuck,need the 'discharge papers' from warlord dung,did ti twice,no scroll and seer doesnt give it,how do i create an item with mmex"?

User avatar
Phobos
Demon
Demon
Posts: 329
Joined: 17 Jan 2006
Location: Finland

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

Postby Phobos » Feb 16 2021, 18:37

Nirran wrote:stuck,need the 'discharge papers' from warlord dung,did ti twice,no scroll and seer doesnt give it,how do i create an item with mmex"?
Did you check the right place? https://user.xmission.com/~tnelson/mm6/ ... tress.html

User avatar
Nirran
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 14
Joined: 09 Feb 2021

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

Postby Nirran » Feb 16 2021, 19:55

Phobos wrote:
Nirran wrote:stuck,need the 'discharge papers' from warlord dung,did ti twice,no scroll and seer doesnt give it,how do i create an item with mmex"?
Did you check the right place? https://user.xmission.com/~tnelson/mm6/ ... tress.html


yep,.went back and verified,maybe cause the quest isnt shown in quest list,tho i was able to complete other quests that werent in the log

edit: cheated it in,non issue now
Last edited by Nirran on Feb 17 2021, 0:55, edited 1 time in total.

xyllia
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 12
Joined: 24 Jan 2021

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

Postby xyllia » Feb 17 2021, 17:13

Daedros wrote:The "Wait Until Dawn" option should wait until 6:00 AM, not 5:00 AM. Most shops open at 6:00 AM.
There should be a "Wait Until Dusk" option as well, that'd wait until 6:00 PM. Certain shops (The Pit, Deyja, Nighon) only open at 6:00 PM. Shadowspire should be added to that Dusk list.


That's the way it was in the original games too.

Kinda dumb that they made it that way. If anything I'd say that the stores ought to be changed so they open at 5AM if you were looking to make improvements, but it's such a silly little thing, just simply click the 1hr button, boom, done.

User avatar
Daedros
Pixie
Pixie
Posts: 144
Joined: 04 Apr 2018

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

Postby Daedros » Feb 17 2021, 22:52

xyllia wrote:
Daedros wrote:The "Wait Until Dawn" option should wait until 6:00 AM, not 5:00 AM. Most shops open at 6:00 AM.
There should be a "Wait Until Dusk" option as well, that'd wait until 6:00 PM. Certain shops (The Pit, Deyja, Nighon) only open at 6:00 PM. Shadowspire should be added to that Dusk list.


That's the way it was in the original games too.

Kinda dumb that they made it that way. If anything I'd say that the stores ought to be changed so they open at 5AM if you were looking to make improvements, but it's such a silly little thing, just simply click the 1hr button, boom, done.

Yeah. What's annoying, is when it doesn't even stop at the correct time. Sometimes i'll "Wait Until Dawn", it's 5AM, then "Wait One Hour", and it's 5:57 AM, and then have to "Wait 5 Minutes" as well.
There being no "Wait Until Dusk" is a pain too, especially when training at the Pit/Nighon. Those training centers open at 6PM, yet when you train a level and exit the building (such as to check the date), it's 6AM. If you want to re-enter the building to train more, you have to hit "Wait One Hour" twelve times until it's 6PM.
Last edited by Daedros on Feb 17 2021, 22:53, edited 1 time in total.


Return to “Might and Magic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests