Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
jmaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

Unread postby jmaster » 19 Dec 2020, 21:10

It seems that there will be problems with helmets. I tried some of them for first human paperdoll, made them fit to it, but when I tried some others, I got this:
This is comparison with goblin male and human male paperdolls. All others (including original ones like dark elf or vampire) are also shifted, more or less. Somehow we need to shift paperdolls to use one face position. I'll try to do it, but don't sure if it is possible to do it with only deformations...

PS: In actual version goblin with ninja mask looks completely ridiculous, he can't see where he go :D
Last edited by jmaster on 19 Dec 2020, 21:18, edited 2 times in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 19 Dec 2020, 22:26

jmaster wrote:This is comparison with goblin male and human male paperdolls. All others (including original ones like dark elf or vampire) are also shifted, more or less. Somehow we need to shift paperdolls to use one face position. I'll try to do it, but don't sure if it is possible to do it with only deformations...

PS: In actual version goblin with ninja mask looks completely ridiculous, he can't see where he go :D
Indeedy and this looks like something that was kind of bound to happen, given how different MM6, MM7 and MM8 folk are ... and well, goblins aren˙t exactly a good fit for people. :D :D :D Maybe one can shift helmets, so that they adapt to paperdoll heads?
Yes?

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 20 Dec 2020, 01:23

jmaster wrote:I thought that it will take more time, but this evening I finished that cloak modification. Now all cloaks from MM6 and MM7 have graphics for MM8 paperdolls.
Pushed. Patch applied to MiscTweaks.lua, rnditems.txt lines were updated also. Thanks for great work!
As for dwarves.icons.lod, it can't overwrite items*.icons.lod files. So no manipulation required.

jmaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jmaster » 20 Dec 2020, 15:22

Okay. Paperdolls correction is not so easy task, couple of my attempts fails(I can deform them, but then whole picture became blurry and sharpening isn't helping). So I decided to split this task and helmets adaptation to the two separate tasks and to do only adaptation for now. It is not so bad for female paperdolls, but with male it is big problem. BTW such problem is with trolls, I guess this is the reason that NWC made only close helmets for MM8.
For now I modified enough MM7 helmets to upload them here. Trolls one were VERY hard to do, because trolls(btw as minotaurs too) face angle is completely different from all others. The archive also contains minotaur graphics(quite ugly, but I don't know how to do better), but I haven't found way to put helmets on minotaurs in game, so no data in position table, sorry. As a guide I can give line of pictures how it supposed to be done.
I haven't found way to upload google drive files like images to the forum, so I used picture hosting for it

Screenshots of how helmets look like for human male paperdoll are here

Download links:
Graphics: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Cpy0mH ... cvU_6qxFKI
Position table: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TGZnj5 ... ft_TUyom8Q

These pictures were the last I'm available to do until the New Year, I'll don't have time for anything else until January...
Last edited by jmaster on 20 Dec 2020, 15:43, edited 4 times in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 20 Dec 2020, 19:50

No worries, jmaster, thanks for your attempts there. :hug: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year until then. :)

Speaking of trolls, no wonder why some gear pieces also seem to change quality whenever a human or a troll wears them (and a mino), it´s those paperdoll head positions all over. ;)
Yes?

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 20 Dec 2020, 20:01

i came across a bug where i can no longer buy items from stores, is there a way to fix this?
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

Aldair
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Aldair » 21 Dec 2020, 09:28

Hi!

I made an account just now to ask something here, in MM6 how does one view the followers they have? Because mine are full, and I need to get the stonecutter and carpenter, but I don't see anyway of accessing the followers panel with the current interface. Also, I forgot to mention that Nicolai isn't showing up at the Circus, I've been to all three of them and it comes up with the same message that no one is here, even though there should be.

I apologise if this has been answered before.
Last edited by Aldair on 21 Dec 2020, 10:28, edited 1 time in total.

Kaikhorus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kaikhorus » 21 Dec 2020, 14:08

Aldair wrote:Hi!

I made an account just now to ask something here, in MM6 how does one view the followers they have? Because mine are full, and I need to get the stonecutter and carpenter, but I don't see anyway of accessing the followers panel with the current interface. Also, I forgot to mention that Nicolai isn't showing up at the Circus, I've been to all three of them and it comes up with the same message that no one is here, even though there should be.

I apologise if this has been answered before.
Hello!

If you press caps lock to disengage mouselook and use the mouse to click on a small grey "head" icon on the bottom right, you'll get a list of your hirelings portraits to click on.

For Nicolai, my last run through Enroth worked visiting Blackshire in April. Here is a list for when the circus should show:

Blackshire - March 28 - April 27
Mire of the Damned - July 28 - August 27
Bootleg Bay - November 28 - December 27

Hope this helps!
Last edited by Kaikhorus on 21 Dec 2020, 14:09, edited 2 times in total.

jmaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jmaster » 25 Dec 2020, 22:16

I thought that I wouldn't have time until the end of the holidays, but I had some free evenings. And because we all have some holidays now, so this is my present to all of the community :) You asked for it and I succeeded to do this. Not without problems, but now we have boots from mm6 and mm7 to mm8! Some of them highly unperfect(especially mm6 for dwarfs and trolls look like a socks more than a boots, that's because of the completely different angle), but for now it is the best I could do. Maybe someone could fix them(or even remade completely). As a bonus I modified last of the belts - titan's belt - to be used for mm8 paperdolls too

Screenshots for boots and belt

Troll paperdolls seems to need to be completely shifted up for dozen-two of pixels. Here is the sample for it for now

By the way, belts have some palette bug in the game itself:

Download link for boots https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P9Ecyy ... sdLN77d5wK
Download link for titan belt https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U-8vpR ... utTT3utxEt
Download link for complex item pictures https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t_F7Aa ... WINWCCiT66
I've modified my version, not the last build of the mod, so use coordinates only for new items(belt includeed)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you!!!
Last edited by jmaster on 25 Dec 2020, 22:25, edited 1 time in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 25 Dec 2020, 22:31

jmaster wrote:I thought that I wouldn't have time until the end of the holidays, but I had some free evenings. And because we all have some holidays now, so this is my present to all of the community :) You asked for it and I succeeded to do this. Not without problems, but now we have boots from mm6 and mm7 to mm8! Some of them highly unperfect(especially mm6 for dwarfs and trolls look like a socks more than a boots, that's because of the completely different angle), but for now it is the best I could do. Maybe someone could fix them(or even remade completely). As a bonus I modified last of the belts - titan's belt - to be used for mm8 paperdolls too.

By the way, belts have some palette bug in the game itself:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you!!!
Well Done! I´m absolutely impressed by them all ... and Happy Holidays to you too!
cthscr wrote: :gong:
That´s why I told you to push the fixed sprites into the mod: it has the fixed version of this bloody pixel-vomit belt. ;) That˙s for Rodril too.
Yes?

jmaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jmaster » 25 Dec 2020, 23:01

One more thing, I haven't written in post: I tried to remade Hermes sandals, but they look so badly, so I decided to remain current winged boots sprite for them

For the others, clone stamp and free transform(especially deform tool) in photoshop done good job. If only it was possible to disable interpolation, second hardest part(first was to deform or/and combine pictures themselves) was to remove those half-transparent pixels, that appears from using free transform and clone stamp.
Last edited by jmaster on 25 Dec 2020, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 26 Dec 2020, 22:47

Thanks jmaster for tackling all the repaints! You've done God's work here! Totally amazing, the lack of repainted apparel was the last thing that was preventing the Merge from feeling complete, and thanks to you this problem is behind us! Huge thanks, I'm sure everyone is very grateful. Now we'll be able to play dress-up to our hearts' conent, hahah!

I only hope that minos being able to wear helmets will be kept to Comm, huge suspension of disbelief breaker there 8|

On another note, like I may have mentioned before, I submitted the file with altered item stats, names, values and descriptions directly to Rodril a while ago, so there's complete differentiation of item value and stats as well as no duplicated descriptions. Not sure if this has been integrated as of yet, since there have been no official updates in a while, but I suppose it should come eventually. In the meantime, feel free to use this file for yourselves:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yZMpqf ... P6l-U/view

What I've done here is:
- took care of item names and descriptions where they were identical among more than two items (copy-pasted between MM6 and MM7), so now every item has its own unique name and description
- same thing for monetary values and treasure levels - there are now 15 tiers of items rather than 3 sets of 5 tiers (one from each game). Did the same for rings and amulets as well, which there are even more of per game (the rings usually differ by 50 gold per value tier)
Last edited by Xfing on 26 Dec 2020, 23:07, edited 2 times in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 26 Dec 2020, 23:13

Xfing wrote:Thanks jmaster for tackling all the repaints! You've done God's work here! Totally amazing, the lack of repainted apparel was the last thing that was preventing the Merge from feeling complete, and thanks to you this problem is behind us! Huge thanks, I'm sure everyone is very grateful. Now we'll be able to play dress-up to our hearts' content, hahah!

I only hope that minos being able to wear helmets will be kept to Comm, huge suspension of disbelief breaker there 8|
Except the MM6 Troll and Dwarf boots, those look pretty bad. ^^; Even though it´s an absolute ??? when would those be implemented in the 1st place together with fixed sprites, as the pixel-vomit belt shows :up: ...

... and as for Minotaur helmets, let´s be totally honest, due to games not really differentiating between helmets and hats this kind of thing was forced upon all of us. My thinking was for them to be able to wear hats only (so that we could then give them pretty funny-looking headgear just for the sake of having more options in doing dressup with them LOL), but from what I got, the games class hats and helmets into the same category, so here we are now. :S Cannot wear hats on Minos without either adding helmets or breaking them.

I´m pretty certain this will be a toggeable Community option nonetheless.
Yes?

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 26 Dec 2020, 23:42

Yeah, here's hoping Rodril comes back soon and puts together all the recent advancements. I'm still not sure if hirelings work properly in Jadame (or at least my savegame is too old), and I haven't been able to find any hireable peasants on Enroth either, and those would help big time. But hey, that's a perfect opportunity to just start a new game and see for myself!

EDIT: Yeah, it would seem that the "Peasant" hireling class is only available on Antagarich. Correct me if I'm wrong. It'd be great to be able to assemble a team as you go while starting with a single player from any continent.
Last edited by Xfing on 26 Dec 2020, 23:54, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 28 Dec 2020, 09:52

I'm working on this: https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/-/issues/686

Here's an example:
ImageImage
jmaster wrote:...
Could you contact me at my email? Templayer@seznam.cz

I need to cooperate with you in order not to spent a lot of time making MM6 armors, crowns, shields and boots unique just to find out that I've done it on an old version that you re-repainted, or something like that. Are you finished with MM6 crowns? Can I get bmps for the MM6 crown that is also used for the MM6 artifact and relic; for all paperdoll variations (plus inventory icon)?

I'm not reading posts here. I made a whole forum for MMMerge (instead of a single ultra-massive and unreadable thread), and I'll read posts there if someone dares to use it: http://www.templayer.cz/Forum/viewforum.php?f=7 (there are a lot of distinct visual themes to choose from after logging in. Also a lot of languages.)
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 28 Dec 2020, 11:19

I get "error: address unreachable" trying to follow that forum link.

tinywhitecat
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby tinywhitecat » 28 Dec 2020, 22:34

Some of the mm6 trainers that were added for new skills are missing from autonotes. I specifically found Winston Historian in Free Haven (Master
Armsmaster). The alchemy trainers are all fine, but I don't know where the other new trainers are so I can't check easily.
I didn't even know there was an armmaster trainer - is there a list of these somewhere :)
Note: I'm running the Community Edition (Fixes Only)

Edit: I just repaired the Elven Chainmail without the repair skill
I get "error: address unreachable" trying to follow that forum link
I've been able to view it fine - from what I can find online, it's either a problem on your end or templayer.cz having unusual georestrictions. It may be useful for Templayer to let him know what country you are connecting from in case that's the problem.
Last edited by tinywhitecat on 28 Dec 2020, 22:51, edited 1 time in total.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 30 Dec 2020, 00:34

I've finally fixed the bugs with sprites, doorways and some doors on MM6 maps in the editor.
I've also figured out how Untouchable facet property (indoor staircases need it) should be treated when importing MM6 maps. This effects both the Editor and "Convert Blv.lua".
Here they are: https://github.com/GrayFace/MMExtension ... pts/Global
Rodril wrote:
Last edited by GrayFace on 30 Dec 2020, 00:35, edited 3 times in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 30 Dec 2020, 01:29

Yeah, it's right about time for some feature integration into the main branch haha

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 30 Dec 2020, 11:25

Xfing wrote:Yeah, it's right about time for some feature integration into the main branch haha
No doubt! Let the New Year be the year when this mod is finally and truly complete!
Yes?

Return to “Might and Magic”