Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 15 Dec 2020, 12:02

jmaster wrote:Google has some problems with it's servers today. I had to repeat upload couple of times before successful attempt
Oh yeah, I´ve heard about that one. Apparently they had a blackout so nasty, it even affected Google Smart devices.

Also, collected. :tsup:
Yes?

jmaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jmaster » 15 Dec 2020, 13:06

Modified last of the remaining MM7 armors, officer's leather and regnan leather. It was quite tricky, had to improvise for some paperdolls. For female I have left part of MM8 first leather armor, but painted it red. For some others I had to left part of the MM7 leather armor(which I used as sample). Next I'll try to modify MM7 cloaks. Let's see if my transformations will work not only for armor :) For boots it completely fails :(
Officer leather
Screenshsot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/102htoN ... UGLYQtO-8N
Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SzgQ8V ... MnYp0DiWFE

Regnan leather
Screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13MA1yj ... emBIK_ZaYt
Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KtPurz ... yUefVxAtAj

Position data for table was quite shifted from sample. Actual numbers are following
22 870 Officer's Leather 29 81 50 93 45 111 0 0 45 106
23 871 Regnan Leather 29 81 50 93 45 111 0 0 45 106

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 15 Dec 2020, 19:48

Awesome! All of them fit perfectly! Though most of armors lack tights on v2 (I think I remember SpectralDragon said something against such thing one day; personally I don't mind).

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 16 Dec 2020, 06:59

cthscr wrote:Awesome! All of them fit perfectly! Though most of armors lack tights on v2 (I think I remember SpectralDragon said something against such thing one day; personally I don't mind).
Honestly I´m against tights on armors as being the sole option for female armors because then it restricts legless paperdolls from using them for ... obvious reasons (and we already had some crazy female paperdoll suggestions like the Naga :D ). I´m alright with them as long as we have versions without tights available as well. ;) :tsup:
Yes?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 16 Dec 2020, 07:11

jmaster wrote:Modified last of the remaining MM7 armors, officer's leather and regnan leather. It was quite tricky, had to improvise for some paperdolls. For female I have left part of MM8 first leather armor, but painted it red. For some others I had to left part of the MM7 leather armor(which I used as sample). Next I'll try to modify MM7 cloaks. Let's see if my transformations will work not only for armor :) For boots it completely fails :(
Added into the armor bundle zip I˙m making :tsup: and well, it´s why I said that after all MM7 and MM6 stuff have been done (armors and (hopefully) cloaks + remaining helmets) we can then try joint effort on boots.
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 19 Dec 2020, 19:21, edited 2 times in total.
Yes?

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 16 Dec 2020, 11:08

Don't forget about MM7 helms please. Especially those of artifacts (Mind's Eye still has to be put into chest).

jmaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jmaster » 18 Dec 2020, 00:07

Stupid collars... :wall:

So, I managed to partly modify mm7 cloaks(including special cloaks, that were present in resources, just to make sure all cloaks are in one style) for mm8 paperdolls. Partly - because I can't get how some of paperdolls work. Main problem is that minotaur and troll both use models for human male(both cloak and collar), completely ignoring placed files. And if minotaur looks not too bad, human collar doesn't fit for troll at all. I transformed them too(also dwarfs use it, but descaled a bit), but haven't found way to use them in game. It is shown on the screenshots. Cthscr and SpectralDragon, could you try to fix it? Troll collars are with "v4b" in file names.
If it is possible to use different collars for minotaurs - I will modify them a bit too
Another side of this problem: for unknown reason I cannot change collar for dwarven version of the cloak of the sheep. Correct file is also in archive, but game doesn't use it

Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13elcSW ... AofZj/edit
Screenshots of all cloaks for human male: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12FCmvk ... EGJ-nW6K4a
Screenshot sample for minotaur: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bDgsY4 ... CT5_5yRIPc
Screenshot sample for troll: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fshd_q ... _rvZTSuNKW
Screenshot sample for dwarf: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_fBqm7 ... r1VuE7-WDf

To be honest, I have forgotten reasons and values of shifts I have made for cloaks, so I upload my whole table(also with positions for all my previous armors) :) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q--IZJ ... JxiuyVb43/

PS: Some of the armors, like mm8 golden chain mail looks ridiculous with cloaks(both my or the ones made by developers). I don't know if it is possible to do something with it...
Last edited by jmaster on 18 Dec 2020, 00:13, edited 3 times in total.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 18 Dec 2020, 06:12

jmaster wrote:Stupid collars... :wall:

So, I managed to partly modify mm7 cloaks(including special cloaks, that were present in resources, just to make sure all cloaks are in one style) for mm8 paperdolls. Partly - because I can't get how some of paperdolls work. Main problem is that minotaur and troll both use models for human male(both cloak and collar), completely ignoring placed files. And if minotaur looks not too bad, human collar doesn't fit for troll at all. I transformed them too(also dwarfs use it, but descaled a bit), but haven't found way to use them in game. It is shown on the screenshots. Cthscr and SpectralDragon, could you try to fix it? Troll collars are with "v4b" in file names.
If it is possible to use different collars for minotaurs - I will modify them a bit too
Another side of this problem: for unknown reason I cannot change collar for dwarven version of the cloak of the sheep. Correct file is also in archive, but game doesn't use it

PS: Some of the armors, like mm8 golden chain mail looks ridiculous with cloaks(both my or the ones made by developers). I don't know if it is possible to do something with it...
wow, awesome work - are you willing to do the mm6 boots and cloaks too? those still arent reworked either
thx in advance :)
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 18 Dec 2020, 09:07

jmaster wrote:I can't get how some of paperdolls work. Main problem is that minotaur and troll both use models for human male(both cloak and collar), completely ignoring placed files. And if minotaur looks not too bad, human collar doesn't fit for troll at all. I transformed them too(also dwarfs use it, but descaled a bit), but haven't found way to use them in game.
It's either in Scripts/Structs/RemoveItemsLimits.lua or mm8.exe itself.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 18 Dec 2020, 09:27

My guess is:

Code: Select all

.text:0043A233 loc_43A233:                             ; CODE XREF: sub_43A078+1B4?j
.text:0043A233                 mov     eax, [ebp+arg_0]
.text:0043A236                 cmp     eax, 3
.text:0043A239                 jz      short loc_43A260
.text:0043A23B                 cmp     eax, 4
.text:0043A23E                 jz      short loc_43A260
.text:0043A240                 cmp     [ebp+arg_4], 0
.text:0043A244                 jz      loc_43A2F8
.text:0043A24A                 cmp     [ebp+arg_4], 1
.text:0043A24E                 jnz     short loc_43A253
.text:0043A250                 push    eax
.text:0043A251                 jmp     short loc_43A275

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 18 Dec 2020, 11:27

jmaster wrote:Main problem is that minotaur and troll both use models for human male(both cloak and collar), completely ignoring placed files.
Okay, it's in mm8.exe. Put patch somewhere in Scripts/General (maybe at the end of MiscTweaks.lua):

Code: Select all

mem.nop2(0x43A236, 0x43A240)
Someone has to redraw MM8 cloaks and already present MM7 ones as well then (for Minos and Trolls).
Note: there's supposed to be "c" variant also, but I can't tell anything about it.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 18 Dec 2020, 11:32

jmaster wrote:Another side of this problem: for unknown reason I cannot change collar for dwarven version of the cloak of the sheep. Correct file is also in archive, but game doesn't use it
Do you have Data/dwarves.icons.lod? It will overwrite files from icons.lod.

jmaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jmaster » 18 Dec 2020, 21:37

cthscr, thank you, it worked, now minotaurs and trolls use their own files. And yes, I have dwarves.icons.lod file, all works as it have to if I remove files from it.
Some of my files surely need fixing(especially troll version of twilight and cloak of the sheep, which somehow was messed up with sun cloak after export), and we need to clone files for default cloaks. I'll do it once I have time. Also I'd want to end with cloaks and do mm6 ones. Luckily they don't use collars, so it should be easier.
About what to do later. When I played the mod I didn't have enough different helmets(especially relic ones). I think, that next things to do - are helmets. Let's see if it works

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 18 Dec 2020, 22:31

jmaster, you should check Community Merge (see my signature) where your arts will go. As I guessed through you 'Complex items pictures.txt', you're using Base Merge. At least you'll get MM6 helmets and Majestic Chain Mail / Golden Plate Armor coordinates.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 19 Dec 2020, 00:25

jmaster wrote:Some of my files surely need fixing(especially troll version of twilight and cloak of the sheep, which somehow was messed up with sun cloak after export), and we need to clone files for default cloaks. I'll do it once I have time. Also I'd want to end with cloaks and do mm6 ones. Luckily they don't use collars, so it should be easier.
About what to do later. When I played the mod I didn't have enough different helmets(especially relic ones). I think, that next things to do - are helmets. Let's see if it works
Alright, I˙ll await you when you do those (and with Mino and Troll cloaks, it can clearly be seen that they don˙t quite reach both their shoulders on the images you posted (thank you!)), once you do, I˙d wish to see updated images, so that I know if more needs to be done. One way or another you˙re doing an amazing job. :D :tsup: :tsup:

Speaking of helmets, thanks to Templayer and some others, there˙s a new optional setting for them that allows Minotaurs to wear them (from what I know), so once you tackle them make sure that they too have their own files, please, even if it looks ridiculous. Cthscr can tell you more about it (it was spawned due to Templayer and myself wishing to see Minotaurs wear MM6 hats, which was then expanded to all helmets once we saw that the game classifies MM6 hats the same way helmets are classified instead of having their own special classification). ^^;
Yes?

mm6crazyone
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby mm6crazyone » 19 Dec 2020, 00:30

anybody can help me to hook item funtion getname : method{p = mmv(0x448660, 0x4564C5, 0x453D3E), name = "GetName", ret = ""}
like events.lua do to player function CalcStatBonusByItems:
-- CalcStatBonusByItems
mem.hookfunction(mmv(0x482E80, 0x48EAA6, 0x48E213), 1, mmv(1, 2, 2), function(d, def, this, stat, IgnoreExtraHand)
local t = {
-- :const.Stats
Stat = stat, -- const.Stats
IgnoreExtraHand = IgnoreExtraHand and IgnoreExtraHand ~= 0,
Result = def(this, stat, IgnoreExtraHand),
}
t.PlayerIndex, t.Player = GetPlayer(this)
--!k{Player :structs.Player}
events.cocall("CalcStatBonusByItems", t)
return t.Result
end)

Thanks for help:)

tinywhitecat
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby tinywhitecat » 19 Dec 2020, 07:07

Hello, it's yet another person with obscure technical questions!
So, I'm adding a new NPC. I found that if I gave it an id that was after the randomly generated follower ids (1184-1223), the name, topics and portrait would all fail to display properly. I fixed it by adding 1 to all the random ids, and changing NPCNewsTopics to use the higher IDs.
The new generated NPC with an ID of 1224 seems to work, but I can't determine any reason why it would but mine wouldn't.

Despite everything now working properly, I feel like I've surely broken something - is there any reason that the random follower IDs would have to be the highest IDs in the game?

jmaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jmaster » 19 Dec 2020, 17:38

cthscr thank you for your help! I thought that it will take more time, but this evening I finished that cloak modification. Now all cloaks from MM6 and MM7 have graphics for MM8 paperdolls. Maybe they are not perfect(to be serios - not at all :) ), but such problem is with original cloaks too... If someone can redraw(not deform, but adapt) all cloaks for armors(or contrariwise) - you're welcome :)
For now I haven't done any screenshots(all of you saw the idea of deform), I upload only archive with all bmp-s and table(now based on community branch).
Archive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IoXs1F ... 5tb_ddaUHu
Positions table: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pbMuna ... 7oVJHL3FVU

Warning! To use these files you'll need to do two things(once again, thanks to cthscr):
1) Delete item330v5b.bmp from dwarves.icons.lod
2) Add "mem.nop2(0x43A236, 0x43A240)" to the end of Scripts\General\MiscTweaks.lua

Personally, I added these files to items6.icons.lod. Previous files I added to icons.lod, but have found bug with it: if I accidently press "optimize" in MMArchive when game is active - it corrupts and I need to replace it from backup. It is easier to replace small file :)

PS: Minotaur and troll graphics for MM8 cloaks are included too, based on human male graphics as it was in game before mod
Last edited by jmaster on 19 Dec 2020, 18:58, edited 3 times in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 19 Dec 2020, 19:08

jmaster wrote:cthscr thank you for your help! I thought that it will take more time, but this evening I finished that cloak modification. Now all cloaks from MM6 and MM7 have graphics for MM8 paperdolls. Maybe they are not perfect(to be serios - not at all :) ), but such problem is with original cloaks too... If someone can redraw(not deform, but adapt) all cloaks for armors(or contrariwise) - you're welcome :)

Warning! To use these files you'll need to do two things(once again, thanks to cthscr):
1) Delete item330v5b.bmp from dwarves.icons.lod
2) Add "mem.nop2(0x43A236, 0x43A240)" to the end of Scripts\General\MiscTweaks.lua

Personally, I added these files to items6.icons.lod. Previous files I added to icons.lod, but have found bug with it: if I accidently press "optimize" in MMArchive when game is active - it corrupts and I need to replace it from backup. It is easier to replace small file :)

PS: Minotaur and troll graphics for MM8 cloaks are included too, based on human male graphics as it was in game before mod
Thank you! :hug: Added with the armors, notes included. :tsup:
Yes?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 19 Dec 2020, 19:20

Alright, everyone, here˙s jmaster´s entire armor and cloak bundle I did in order to have them all nicely kept together, additional info added, so that this forum cannot be scavenged for them. Good Luck!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qEU_3N ... sp=sharing

Only thing missing are remaining helmets, but well, I bet those will come in due time. Hopefully you˙re alright with that, jmaster. ^^;
Yes?

Return to “Might and Magic”