Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

Unread postby BMJedi » 06 Dec 2020, 16:45

Did the latest release ever find a way to fix the character voice files from 6 and 7 templates to say their voiced lines during combat?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke, "Clarke's Third Law".

vegetableharry
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vegetableharry » 06 Dec 2020, 22:32

Is it possible, instead of a borderless fullscreen to run the game in exclusive fullscreen. But of course still in Full HD. If I deactivate BorderlessFullscreen, the game runs in Fullscreen but not in Full HD anymore.

Anyway, I'm trying to get the game to work with 3dVision. It kind of works without the mod (if you use dgvoodo to let it run in DirectX 11).

How is it running with this mod? Is it also DirectX or something else? I tried combining it with dgVoodoo but this didn't change anything.

Or maybe anyone here has an idea how to generate side-by-side image directly with the mod. Then 3dvision would not be needed.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 08 Dec 2020, 18:24

SpectralDragon wrote:Hey, I was thinking about the option of having diverse Minotaurs (2 extras aside the 2 defaults, one based on a Red Pied breed of cattle and one based on a Friesian breed of cattle, which also shows up as a peasant) and having both a Bone Dragon (to accompany the Skeleton) as well as an option of having a Spectral Dragon (be it a visual change on a promotion or through other means) that would look like the same way that my icon shows. What do you think about that?
Diverse minos (and trolls :devious: ) sure are welcome. Especially female.
Dragons are welcome as well. Though NWC made them a mess. There are Fire Dragons (Red), Water Dragons (Blue), Air Dragons (Green), Ener Dragons (Gold, Crystal, Mega) and Dark Dragons (Undead) damage-wise.
SpectralDragon wrote:I also hope that you or others managed to somehow get boots and armors to work in the Merge because my edits of the MM6 boots (boots1, to be exact) to fit a MM8 paperdoll look absolutely horrid. I still have the .zip file, if you wish it. ^^;
bewts1_updated? And the issue is with trolls/dwarfs?

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 09 Dec 2020, 09:04

BMJedi wrote:Did the latest release ever find a way to fix the character voice files from 6 and 7 templates to say their voiced lines during combat?
No changes there. I've made change proposal for MM6 malea (aka Roderick) at https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/-/ ... _390394314 and got no response.
I can provide changed 'Character voices.txt' for testing if there are volunteers who know/remember MM6 sounds well.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 09 Dec 2020, 09:34

cthscr wrote:Diverse minos (and trolls :devious: ) sure are welcome. Especially female.
Dragons are welcome as well. Though NWC made them a mess. There are Fire Dragons (Red), Water Dragons (Blue), Air Dragons (Green), Ener Dragons (Gold, Crystal, Mega) and Dark Dragons (Undead) damage-wise.
Will gonna go working on that, even if for now I can only do males because 1, I don't know any women that could provide game-content VA for all versions of MMMerge (English+ localizations) and 2, I don't know how can I make their features distinctively feminine without breaking item paperdolls. ^^; As usual I'll leave their complete versions in a .zip file here.
cthscr wrote:bewts1_updated? And the issue is with trolls/dwarfs?
All MM6 boots, including bewts1_updated (which are just ones I tried to make sprites for MM8. Others have them missing for ... obvious reasons ^^; ) and for all race paperdolls as well because their quality is just horribly deteriorated compared to quality of character paperdolls themselves. For armor sprites, I mainly mean the 2 armors that are missing for "regular" versions of paperdoll-worn versions due to their artifacts having such thing (you try to put their normal versions on a paperdoll and it vanishes while showing up the "Does Not Compute" sign): Royal Leather and Golden Chain Mail (from MM7).
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 09 Dec 2020, 09:35, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 09 Dec 2020, 12:19

SpectralDragon wrote:For armor sprites, I mainly mean the 2 armors that are missing for "regular" versions of paperdoll-worn versions due to their artifacts having such thing (you try to put their normal versions on a paperdoll and it vanishes while showing up the "Does Not Compute" sign): Royal Leather and Golden Chain Mail (from MM7).
Golden Chain Mail uses Governor's Armor sprites since 12.07.2020. (They use different files with the same image in MM7.)

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 09 Dec 2020, 12:27

cthscr wrote:Golden Chain Mail uses Governor's Armor sprites since 12.07.2020. (They use different files with the same image in MM7.)
Ok, great (sorry for asking so much, I'm really behind stuff on some things that aren't mentioned in the changelogs ^^; and speaking of other stuff, did messed up pixelated sprites got replaced with proper-looking ones as well (that I found in MM6 .pak files) as did customized ones (Dragon Cave accessories I made, mainly, like huge gold piles and all) got some use as per known info? ) :tsup:
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 09 Dec 2020, 12:28, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 10 Dec 2020, 11:35

SpectralDragon wrote:speaking of other stuff, did messed up pixelated sprites got replaced with proper-looking ones as well (that I found in MM6 .pak files) as did customized ones (Dragon Cave accessories I made, mainly, like huge gold piles and all) got some use as per known info? )
Can't see anything related in commit log. MM6 paperdolls from https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/-/issues/406, right? Will try to push them this or next week, probably with other lods renaming.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 10 Dec 2020, 11:48

cthscr wrote:
SpectralDragon wrote:speaking of other stuff, did messed up pixelated sprites got replaced with proper-looking ones as well (that I found in MM6 .pak files) as did customized ones (Dragon Cave accessories I made, mainly, like huge gold piles and all) got some use as per known info? )
Can't see anything related in commit log. MM6 paperdolls from https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/-/issues/406, right? Will try to push them this or next week, probably with other lods renaming.
Yes and those as well, which I actually referred to as well, since that .zip in there contains fixed sprites for ones that appear like pixelated mess. https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/-/issues/576
Yes?

lightbringer23
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lightbringer23 » 11 Dec 2020, 19:33

DaveHer wrote:I have made Echo's Monstrosity compatible with Rodril's MM678 merge. .
The Merge Compatible version of Echo's Modling on the Nexus is missing some water textures for MM6 and MM7. I suspect it has to do with Greyface's patches now including native HD.

In bitmaps.lod, the Merge has HD water textures begin with the letters 6 and 7, respectively. The modded bitmaps.lod doesn't have these textures, and produces bright blue squares with <circle-slash> on watery areas of MM6 and MM7. By injecting those textures from the Merge-provided file into the Mod-provided file, I was able to resolve the issue. You may want to push another update to the Nexus :)

Looks great, BTW! :D
Last edited by lightbringer23 on 11 Dec 2020, 19:37, edited 2 times in total.

jmaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jmaster » 12 Dec 2020, 14:54

Hello to everyone. I watched this mod from almost it's beginning, once again want to say that this mod is brilliant merge of three games, thanks again for Rodril and everyone, who worked and works with it!
Once I saw this screenshot from unfinished game-mod Might and Magic 10: Children of the Void and wanted to add genie to the game https://drive.google.com/file/d/14LyJ02 ... 5VfBBMxCV/
Then I saw, that Echo uploaded some of his characters to the forum(thanks to him, I guess, that he is author of screenshot genie model), one of them, luckily, has face of this genie https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/16074

Then all I needed was to cut genie from background and mod it to fit mm8 paperdolls. After couple of attempts I succeeded to do this, so now I upload results of my work here. For test, I replaced female knight paperdoll with number 2. The one problem is that all armors for mm8 female paperdolls have legs part, that have to be removed for genie. I don't know how to create paperdolls, so, if anyone knows how to do it, can do it :)
Genie paperdoll and faces can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dzXpZ5 ... sp=sharing
Here is the screenshot, that shows it in game: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vsqQHm ... KxLDP/view

Later, I tried to modify the only one chain mail, that was not remade for this mod - Resplendent chain mail. Once again, after couple of tries, I succeeded to change it enough to fit to paperdolls. And, as bonus, I have edited a bit Harek's leather to fit Royal leather look(blue one with no buttons in center) and added copy of the Governor's armor to be used as Golden Chain Mail. Can mod developers add them to the game?
Links for archives:
Replesendent chain mail: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OAQsWi ... uyMpK9wTOD
Golden chain mail: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QraF_E ... _QtW3FSmCh
Royal leather: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16Qzg97 ... Lnt2kGMku0

Screenshots of this armors can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YfbGlO ... nIrwKongqT
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19xAO0Q ... F7AsVyd_Lx

Too bad that I'm not a painter and have no painting skills, so all this changes were made only with Photoshop deform tool, that's why these files are not too good. Maybe somebody, who have drawing skills can fix my paints. But, as I think, something like this is better than nothing :)
Last edited by jmaster on 12 Dec 2020, 17:25, edited 4 times in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 13 Dec 2020, 10:30

jmaster wrote: :gong:
Damn me, those are definitely better edits of armors I could´ve ever done (I still have the .zip file of boots1 from MM6 and those are absolutely horrifying to look at, thus I just named them "bewts"). As for that Genie paperdoll, it˙s absolutely brilliant too. Funnily, all MM8 Armors have the "legs" part, thus they all need to have that bit removed to fit legless paperdolls like that, be it male or female.

As one of the people that dipped their toes into editing sprites and graphical assets, I´m totally supporting your work. :tsup: And from what I know, we need someone to edit all MM6 and MM7 armors and boots to fit MM8 paperdolls, so I need to ask you: are you willing to step up to this mountain-sized challenge?
I´ll take a looksie on your edits you linked here and if there are any deformities, I´ll do my best to take care of them.
Yes?

jmaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jmaster » 13 Dec 2020, 10:46

Thank you for your rating of of my humble skills :)
I forgot to say, that for Replesented chainmail I used coordinates from Minotaur chainmail in table "Complex item pictures.txt". For Royal leather coordinates are from Harek's leather and for Golden Chain mail - from governor armors. My lines in this file are following
28 876 Resplendent Chain Mail 45 76 58 91 46 107 0 0 0 0
24 872 Royal Leather 38 80 58 85 25 108 23 92 35 109
29 877 Golden Chain Mail 39 75 53 93 41 103 35 96 45 110

I'll try to remake some of the armors(want to begin with plate armor from mm7 because I have sample with Yoruba). Also simple parts should be adapting cloaks from mm6-7(as I saw, they are still not adapted). As for boots - it's very non-trivial case. I tried to deform boots enough to fit paperdolls, but all my tries really look auful :(

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 13 Dec 2020, 10:56

jmaster wrote:I forgot to say, that for Resplendent chainmail I used coordinates from Minotaur chainmail in table "Complex item pictures.txt". For Royal leather coordinates are from Harek's leather and for Golden Chain mail - from governor armors. My lines in this file are following
28 876 Resplendent Chain Mail 45 76 58 91 46 107 0 0 0 0
24 872 Royal Leather 38 80 58 85 25 108 23 92 35 109
29 877 Golden Chain Mail 39 75 53 93 41 103 35 96 45 110
cthscr wrote: :gong:
Something for you to know.
jmaster wrote:I'll try to remake some of the armors (want to begin with plate armor from mm7 because I have sample with Yoruba). Also simple parts should be adapting cloaks from mm6-7(as I saw, they are still not adapted). As for boots - it's very non-trivial case. I tried to deform boots enough to fit paperdolls, but all my tries really look awful :(
Yeah, since this mod has been without all parts from all games for far too long. Best of luck with modifying MM6 cloaks to fit them (since they don´t have that strange front piece MM7 and MM8 cloaks have ^^; ) ... and when it comes to boots, I´d say that the best way to try modify them is if you take each boot as its own individual piece of armor. Maybe that way you/we can finally get that thing over with, even though if you ask me it´s for the best of our interests to tackle the boots last.

Interesting, Genie´s "poisoned" and "diseased" face have the same facial expression. Am I allowed to do tweaks on these?
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 13 Dec 2020, 10:57, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

jmaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jmaster » 13 Dec 2020, 11:03

You can do whatever you wish with these files :) If, as result, it will look better - why not? As for diseased facial expression - it was not present in the files of Echo at all, so I copied poisoned face expression

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 13 Dec 2020, 11:08

jmaster wrote:You can do whatever you wish with these files :) If, as result, it will look better - why not? As for diseased facial expression - it was not present in the files of Echo at all, so I copied poisoned face expression
Ok, thank you! Just so you know what´s my plan on those, I˙ll collect these as they trickle in, quality check them (tweak them if the need arises) and then bundle them up together in a single folder, so that ones that take care of this mod don´t need to floss this forum for all parts. All with credits to both you and Echo (when it comes to the Genie), of course. :tsup:
Yes?

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 13 Dec 2020, 16:30

Once again, Golden Chain Mail already uses Governor's Armor icons since v12.07.2020. It misses its numbers in rnditems.txt in Base Merge though so wouldn't be randomly spawned (it should in Comm Merge).
As for Genie, first question would be who is Genie? I mean what are her parameters? Race related we have Starting Stats, Resistances (7 in Base Merge, 11 in Comm Merge), Racial skills (and HP/SP modifiers in Comm Merge).

jmaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jmaster » 13 Dec 2020, 18:59

I had some free time today and, for now, I have successfully modified Tier1 Plate armor from mm7.
Can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hjd38K ... Itg7N6Z5Zh
Screenshot here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hUfEf7 ... lVcPG-NkTt
Positions like Yoruba, or as in my file
30 878 Plate Armor 31 73 54 93 37 103 35 95 45 110
As for Genie, first question would be who is Genie? I mean what are her parameters? Race related we have Starting Stats, Resistances (7 in Base Merge, 11 in Comm Merge), Racial skills (and HP/SP modifiers in Comm Merge).
Really, I have no idea :D
If serious, I think, that genie should have HP like elf, SP more than elf, racial bonus for intelligence and luck, penalty for endurance and strength(values like troll's pros and cons). As for resistances, I think, that she can have some resistances as racial bonuses ( at least, couple of points in air and fire, and, maybe, light and dark). As for classes, I think that genie could be magician(if it possible that she couldn't became lich at all, can't imagine genie lich 8| ), ranger, archer and thief(why not? :D ). That's my opinions of what can genie became
Last edited by jmaster on 13 Dec 2020, 19:21, edited 4 times in total.

lightbringer23
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lightbringer23 » 13 Dec 2020, 20:36

In Echo's mod the genie was just cosmetic -- not an actual race.

Thanks for doing this! I loved her re-tex jobs for MM7, and have lamented their loss for MM8/Merge.

jmaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jmaster » 14 Dec 2020, 16:55

Plate armor 2 and 3 from MM7 done too. Now all plate armors from mm7 are ready. The only armor from mm7 remaining - officer and regnan leather armor. I'll try to modify them too
Splendid plate armor
Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QcJeMe ... l0axgckmXB
Screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zo8DEy ... s7D7H1XabH

Noble plate armor
Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q4gsSv ... q5MCm4OPiz
Screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EchwUc ... Mov76E5Q7f

As for Complex item pictures.txt positions are following(splendid armor uses the same position as Yoruba, noble armor is shifted because of arms part)
31 879 Splendid Plate Armor 31 73 54 93 37 103 35 95 45 110
32 880 Noble Plate Armor 31 73 39 93 22 103 20 95 35 110

PS: Google has some problems with it's servers today. I had to repeat upload couple of times before successful attempt
Last edited by jmaster on 14 Dec 2020, 16:56, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”