Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

Unread postby cthscr » 15 Jul 2020, 20:13

ViS wrote:Hello!
Are Community Fixes/Features compatible with [upd. 12.07.2020]?
Fixes (rodril-fixes branch) are compatible.
Features (master branch) - not yet.

Carmine
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Carmine » 15 Jul 2020, 21:51

Edit: Disregard, I am dumb and had patched the game prior to merge and completely forgot about it xD.
Last edited by Carmine on 16 Jul 2020, 01:30, edited 1 time in total.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 16 Jul 2020, 17:49

cthscr wrote:
Are Community Fixes/Features compatible with [upd. 12.07.2020]?
Fixes (rodril-fixes branch) are compatible.
Features (master branch) - not yet.
Features (master branch) are compatible. Do not forget to remove DataFiles/Placemon.txt if present locally.

fkirenicus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby fkirenicus » 17 Jul 2020, 06:15

cthscr wrote:
cthscr wrote:
Features (master branch) are compatible. Do not forget to remove DataFiles/Placemon.txt if present locally.
Thanks for that tip, that error/warning message had me a little worried I had to re-download the entire new version. :-)
Last edited by fkirenicus on 17 Jul 2020, 06:16, edited 1 time in total.

qtish
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby qtish » 19 Jul 2020, 23:31

Hey its been a year since I last played the mod. Whats the keybinds for new quickspells? :D
Last edited by qtish on 20 Jul 2020, 00:10, edited 4 times in total.

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 20 Jul 2020, 17:59

qtish wrote:Hey its been a year since I last played the mod. Whats the keybinds for new quickspells? :D
F5-F8 iirc (unless I am wrong and rebound them myself, if so, you'll find them in extra settings menu (inside logo on normal settings page)).
Last edited by Eksekk on 21 Jul 2020, 13:05, edited 1 time in total.
Unfinished mod by me: MM7 Rev4 mod, MMMerge version.

LoFennick
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby LoFennick » 20 Jul 2020, 20:13

Hey there, still a bit new to the series, but I thought I'd try this mod out.

Everything seems to be working fine so far, but I'm curious if there's a way to adjust the graphic settings. More specifically, is there a way to turn off the texture filtering and get rid of the blur (I'm not sure if it'll help make the seams between textures less noticeable, but I prefer playing older games that way regardless)?

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 21 Jul 2020, 00:38

I did some work today finally fixing the redundant item names/flavor texts that came with the merge due to stuff not being changed between MM6 and 7, or just general laziness. I'm running the file by Rodril at the moment, and if he likes it, it should be integrated into the base version soon.

I've also adjusted the prices and (where applicable) armor ratings of shields and apparel, though not body armors yet. So what remains to be done is the body armors (for when they hopefully get repainted), and adjusting the treasure levels (they're in a separate file) and ID/repair values for all the items, so that each next better item in a class comes with higher requirements for that. Adjusting the treasure values will also help further differentiate the items by where you can actually get them - part of that has already been handled by Rodril - Tier 6 items will only appear in Tier 6 hoards now, just like artifacts and relics, so you can't get them in shops etc, but much more nuance can be added as far as the lower-tier items go, to make them all different from each other. But that will have to wait until I get some info from Rodril on how exactly to do it :tongue:
Last edited by Xfing on 21 Jul 2020, 00:42, edited 1 time in total.

Waffel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Waffel » 22 Jul 2020, 14:43

Greetings!

Reporting some bugs:
1. Regarding monsters' melee hit chance, the turn-based mode in MM6 part seems to be somewhat broken. When you trigger a pack of monsters and enter the turn-based mode for the first time in a current fight, monsters fail to do any melee damage at all. Upon reentering the turn-based mode for the second time everything's fine - your characters get hit as normal. No issues with ranged attacks, whatsoever. In MM7 and MM8 monster melee attacks in the turn-based mode work fine. Pathfinding doesn't work in the turn-based mode as well. [When I started solo walkthrough in Enroth and got surrounded by a pack of goblins while wearing no armor at all, getting almost no hits in melee while in the turn-based mode was a surprise to me. Bolster modifier was set at 110%.]

2. There's a well in Kriegspire near the trainer that gives +30 to level temporary, shows "Watch Out!" message and is supposed to spawn some monsters, but no one appears. See the post by Kinox below this one.

3. The projectiles launched by player aim a bit to the left from the monster sprites. If in a narrow corridor or too close to the wall on the left side, the projectiles may hit the wall instead of a monster.

Also, an idea on how to fix the Hammerhands spell (making monks even more overpowered lol):

Code: Select all

-- Fix Hammerhands damage bonus
local HH = 0
function events.RegenTick(Player)
local Buff = Player.SpellBuffs[const.PlayerBuff.Hammerhands]
	if Buff.ExpireTime > Game.Time then
		-- HHS, HHM = SplitSkill(Buff.Skill) --Optional
		HH = 1
	else
		HH = 0
	end
end

function events.CalcStatBonusBySkills(t)
	if t.Stat == const.Stats.MeleeDamageBase
	or t.Stat == const.Stats.MeleeDamageMin
	or t.Stat == const.Stats.MeleeDamageMax then
		if t.Player.ItemMainHand == 0 then
			if HH == 1 then
				t.Result = math.max(t.Result*2)
				-- t.Result = math.max(t.Result*(1+HHM*0.5)) -- Optional
			end
		end
	end
end 
This code makes the Hammerhands buff to double the Unarmed skill damage bonus instead of making the initially intended addition of body magic damage bonus equal to melee damage of an unarmed attack. Thus, if a character has no Unarmed skill, the Hammerhands spell has no effect on him or her. Also, the buff starts to affect the damage bonus only five minutes of game time after the buff is applied to the character.
Last edited by Waffel on 22 Jul 2020, 16:08, edited 4 times in total.

Kinox
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kinox » 22 Jul 2020, 15:41

Waffel wrote:2. There's a well in Kriegspire near the trainer that gives +30 to level temporary, shows "Watch Out!" message and is supposed to spawn some monsters, but no one appears.
Actually, this is a tricky, quite obscure monster spawn event from MM6 game —I've just learned quite recently.
As far as I know, it spawns, once per day and up to a total of 52 spawns (stacked or not, depending on your 'cleaning' strategy) per Region Map Reset, a group of Drakes' monster type far, far to the northwest area of the map (yes, in the snowy territory, beyond the mountain ridge north of Kriegspire town); ¡so the player doesn't see at all where the monsters are being spawned! But they do.
If you already know, then, yes, it must be bugged.
Last edited by Kinox on 22 Jul 2020, 15:43, edited 4 times in total.

Waffel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Waffel » 22 Jul 2020, 15:47

Kinox wrote:
Waffel wrote:2. There's a well in Kriegspire near the trainer that gives +30 to level temporary, shows "Watch Out!" message and is supposed to spawn some monsters, but no one appears.
Actually, this is a tricky, quite obscure monster spawn event from MM6 game —I've just learned quite recently.
As far as I know, it spawns, once per day and up to a total of 52 spawns (stacked or not, depending on your 'cleaning' strategy) per Region Map Reset, a group of Drakes' monster type far, far to the northwest area of the map (yes, in the snowy territory, beyond the mountain ridge north of Kriegspire town); ¡so the player doesn't see where the monsters are being spawned! But they do.
If you already know, then, yes, it must be bugged.
Oh, I didn't know that. Thank you, Kinox! :tsup: This may not be an issue then.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 22 Jul 2020, 16:30

Waffel wrote:3. The projectiles launched by player aim a bit to the left from the monster sprites. If in a narrow corridor or too close to the wall on the left side, the projectiles may hit the wall instead of a monster.
I guess it's XYZ() [used in Global/ExtraArtifacts.lua] which looks to me like a [bottom left front?] corner of the monster/party.
Waffel wrote:

I'm not sure you should use both Min/Max and Base at the same time. Could be accounted twice.

Waffel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Waffel » 24 Jul 2020, 10:17

cthscr wrote:
Waffel wrote:3. The projectiles launched by player aim a bit to the left from the monster sprites. If in a narrow corridor or too close to the wall on the left side, the projectiles may hit the wall instead of a monster.
I guess it's XYZ() [used in Global/ExtraArtifacts.lua] which looks to me like a [bottom left front?] corner of the monster/party.
I'll look into it, thank you!
cthscr wrote:
Waffel wrote:

I'm not sure you should use both Min/Max and Base at the same time. Could be accounted twice.
It works fine but the amount of the actual damage dealt by a character is slightly higher than it is shown in character Stats menu. There it shows like if the Unarmed skill bonus is doubled only. Initial 41-43 damage turn into 71-73 with Unarmed Grand 15 damage bonus of 30 being doubled. But I've got 80-something points of damage on hit. So it's possible that the base value of damage with no Unarmed (11-13) is affected, too. (82-86)
Last edited by Waffel on 24 Jul 2020, 10:24, edited 2 times in total.

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 26 Jul 2020, 06:45

Any possibility for a "Quickload" key to be added, which loads the Quicksave?

qtish
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby qtish » 26 Jul 2020, 12:41

Daedros wrote:Any possibility for a "Quickload" key to be added, which loads the Quicksave?
Wasnt it F5-F9? I guess with new added quickspells F5 got changed be default. But you can change it in settings.

Got an idea for a mod. A hardcore mod.
There is no safe, there is no autosave. Game only saves when you sleep in tavern. Game records, how many times you died, or save cannot be launched if party completely dies. Game only works with 100%+ bolster monster, and cannot be lowered once it started. If its 100%, then exp gain is +100%, gold gain +50%.

Also bolster monster needs some adjusting. At 30lvl rat is more dangerous than a power lich.
Last edited by qtish on 26 Jul 2020, 12:47, edited 2 times in total.

Waffel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Waffel » 26 Jul 2020, 19:35

Hi!

Here's the video (https://youtu.be/2o0khsgTlc4) to illustrate the issue with monster melee attacks in the turn-based mode. A character (or the whole party) is invulnerable to melee in the turn-based mode until he or she gets hurt in real-time at least once.
qtish wrote: Got an idea for a mod. A hardcore mod.
There is no safe, there is no autosave. Game only saves when you sleep in tavern. Game records, how many times you died, or save cannot be launched if party completely dies. Game only works with 100%+ bolster monster, and cannot be lowered once it started. If its 100%, then exp gain is +100%, gold gain +50%.

Also bolster monster needs some adjusting. At 30lvl rat is more dangerous than a power lich.
Sounds like a cool difficulty preset option! More exp gain makes the game even more harder in a way. And no possibility for save-scumming.
As for a gap between average leveled party and higher level monsters, we need to think of a new formulae that would pre-bolster higher level monsters for a certain amount or to tweak the monster tables in respect of their level so they start to be bolstered earlier in the game.

Reporting a bug: Ghost Ring (item number 1347) gives +5 bonus to all four elemental magic skills. This is due to a typo in ExtraArtifacts.lua line 791 that refers to the properties of Faerie Ring (item number 1348).

-- Faerie ring
GetBonusList(1347).Skills =	{	[const.Skills.Fire] = 5,
								[const.Skills.Air] = 5,
								[const.Skills.Water] = 5,
								[const.Skills.Earth] = 5}
Last edited by Waffel on 26 Jul 2020, 19:51, edited 3 times in total.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 26 Jul 2020, 20:20

Daedros wrote:Any possibility for a "Quickload" key to be added, which loads the Quicksave?
mm8.ini, QuickLoadKey=123 for F12 (list of key codes can be found in Scripts/Core/ConstAndBits.lua).

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 26 Jul 2020, 20:24

Waffel wrote:Reporting a bug: Ghost Ring (item number 1347) gives +5 bonus to all four elemental magic skills. This is due to a typo in ExtraArtifacts.lua line 791 that refers to the properties of Faerie Ring (item number 1348).
See also https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/-/issues/345

Waffel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Waffel » 27 Jul 2020, 07:57

cthscr wrote:
Waffel wrote:Reporting a bug: Ghost Ring (item number 1347) gives +5 bonus to all four elemental magic skills. This is due to a typo in ExtraArtifacts.lua line 791 that refers to the properties of Faerie Ring (item number 1348).
See also https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/-/issues/345
Thank you, good sir! I should check MMMerge gitlab logs before reporting anything, hehe :D The turn-based mode issue should be reported there as well, I suppose.
Upd.: https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/-/issues/698
Last edited by Waffel on 27 Jul 2020, 08:40, edited 2 times in total.

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 28 Jul 2020, 05:38

cthscr wrote:
mm8.ini, QuickLoadKey=123 for F12 (list of key codes can be found in Scripts/Core/ConstAndBits.lua).
Thanks. Didn't know that was already added.
Last edited by Daedros on 28 Jul 2020, 05:39, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”