Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
J. M. Sower
Scout
Scout

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 19.04.2020]

Unread postby J. M. Sower » 14 Jun 2020, 11:52

Xfing wrote:
J. M. Sower wrote:Inspired by new possibility in Merge mod of setting four quick spells for each party member I have made new element of interface (mainly for UI Layout in Hardware mode but it can be also viewed in normal mode). I just thought that with so many quick spells it can be difficult to remember where is which spell. I made it for my modification with different interface color, but it can be quickly modified for needs of Merge mod. But for now it is not finished. I must to do all miniatures of spells and implement to my mod that possibility of setting four quick spells (for now script is using only first, standard quick spell for each character). What do you think? If Rodril whants it in Merge I can send this when it will be finished. ;)
Wow. Look like, two posts above. I literally called for something like this. You're a mind reader or something hahaha
Huh I just noticed that I made space for 4 quickspells and there are 4 additional, so 5 in total! xD Damn it! I will be difficult to fit there 5 additional miniatures.... I must to check if it is possible.

fkirenicus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby fkirenicus » 14 Jun 2020, 16:03

Towards the end of MM6 I have run into serious performance issues. Fighting my way through the memory crystals quests, the Tomb of VARN, Control Center and the hive was almost impossible, especially in real-time. It seems as if there are scripts running that do not execute properly, and get into infinite loops, making the game almost unplayable in areas with many monsters (like the hive and VARN). Where I could I simply cast invisibility and ran about doing the things needed to progress, avoiding combat as much as I could.
But overall this work is superb, I thank you so much for making it possible to play MM6 and MM7 in the MM8 engine. Old games really have come into a new life, one might say. I will definitely follow this project. :-)
Last edited by fkirenicus on 14 Jun 2020, 21:01, edited 3 times in total.

Mirondor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mirondor » 17 Jun 2020, 20:32

My troll knight can't learn GM Regeneration. I though trolls have racial Gm mace and GM regeneration. Is it supposed to be like that or is it a bug?...

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 17 Jun 2020, 21:43

Skills are still restricted by class. Knights don't get Regeneration so a Troll Knight will have no meaningful Regeneration.

REDGuy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby REDGuy » 18 Jun 2020, 12:01

Hello, mister, your mod is great and I have a question: will you add Nagas as playable race?

Mirondor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mirondor » 18 Jun 2020, 19:05

raekuul wrote:Skills are still restricted by class. Knights don't get Regeneration so a Troll Knight will have no meaningful Regeneration.
I see. Thank you. Even better, because troll is very strong by itself because of stun, it would be OP being a knight with GM regeneration...

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 20 Jun 2020, 23:45

Mirondor wrote:
raekuul wrote:Skills are still restricted by class. Knights don't get Regeneration so a Troll Knight will have no meaningful Regeneration.
I see. Thank you. Even better, because troll is very strong by itself because of stun, it would be OP being a knight with GM regeneration...
Actually, Troll Knights can learn GM Regeneration. Both my Troll Knight and Troll Monk have GM Regeneration. You might've updated your version to a newer patch, and it overwrote your Race Skills.txt file. You'll have to redownload the file and replace it to restore your racial skill caps. Happened to me before.
Last edited by Daedros on 20 Jun 2020, 23:54, edited 1 time in total.

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 21 Jun 2020, 00:09

In fairness, you can completely customize the racial skills by modifying Race Skills.txt - at one point I gave dwarves all the armor skills.

Mirondor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mirondor » 21 Jun 2020, 18:13

Daedros wrote:
Mirondor wrote:
Actually, Troll Knights can learn GM Regeneration. Both my Troll Knight and Troll Monk have GM Regeneration. You might've updated your version to a newer patch, and it overwrote your Race Skills.txt file. You'll have to redownload the file and replace it to restore your racial skill caps. Happened to me before.
Aham. Ok! Thanks!

Mirondor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mirondor » 21 Jun 2020, 18:16

It would be also very cool to have an option to make restrictions for spells.
For example athief could have GM air magic with only wizard eye and invisibility with no other spells.
Necromancer could have reanimate as main spell with some others.
Paladin could have GM hour of power.
And so on. Should be very interesting imho.
Last edited by Mirondor on 21 Jun 2020, 18:16, edited 1 time in total.

Waffel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Waffel » 23 Jun 2020, 19:29

Good time of the day to you, everyone!

I follow this grand project for some time now and I see that so many of legit cool things were implemented since the last time I've played the Merge in all its beauty. I'm grateful to Rodril and the MM678 team of enthusiasts who did make this dream come true and make it truer so.

Reporting a bug: the Hammerhands spell doesn't seem to work at all. There's no additional body magic damage equal to the physical damage dealt by an unarmed attack (respect for stalwart civilians of Steadwick who have served their land partaking in those hideous damage tests - zero casualties tho :3).
Mirondor wrote:It would be also very cool to have an option to make restrictions for spells.
For example a thief could have GM air magic with only wizard eye and invisibility with no other spells.
Necromancer could have reanimate as main spell with some others.
Paladin could have GM hour of power.
And so on. Should be very interesting imho.
Sounds very cool!
I've recreated my DnD party of five (2 knights, a monk, a wizard and a ranger altered to be a bard in some ways) and I try to give them spells and configure their skills via txt tables that would seem reasonable for them to have (e.g. a "bard"-ranger with Mind Magic mastery and Charm\Berserker\Mind Blast spells or exclusively fire-water sorcerer or monk with Flying Fist, gaining his mana pool only by perfecting his meditation skills - no base SP and no SP factor). So I see how making spells more class specific can add to the flavour. Maybe this should be a toggleable and configurable option.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 23 Jun 2020, 21:58

BTW, an unrelated question - think taht with all the heavy modding to the engine that's been done recently (and less recently) it would be possible to restore the functionality of instant targeting spells from monsters working on party members?

Such spells have never worked - they were mostly featured in MM8. Greater Air/Earth Elementals could use Mass Distortion/Implosion for example, while the guardian behemoths could cast Paralyze. None of those worked - which probably largely contributed to the games' perceived low difficulty. Imagine if those spells worked as intended lol

Jezebeth Noir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jezebeth Noir » 26 Jun 2020, 16:52

Rodril wrote:Hello.
Jezebeth Noir wrote:Looks like the both of Russian localizations doesn't work with the last patch.
Fixed in today's patch (link above).
Still broken. :(

Waffel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Waffel » 28 Jun 2020, 18:19

Hi!
Reporting a bug: upon entering Silver Cove from The Frozen Highlands the following debug message occurs:

Code: Select all

...Day of the Destroyer\Scripts\Structs\After\Functions.lua:49: array index (252) out of bounds [0, 196]

stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1283: in function 'check'
	Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1031: in function '__index'
	Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:754: in function '__index'
	...Day of the Destroyer\Scripts\Structs\After\Functions.lua:49: in function 'XYZ'
	...y of the Destroyer\Scripts\Global\MonsterPathfinding.lua:38: in function 'GetDist2'
	...y of the Destroyer\Scripts\Global\MonsterPathfinding.lua:663: in function 'SortQueue'
	...y of the Destroyer\Scripts\Global\MonsterPathfinding.lua:679: in function 'ProcessThreads'
	...y of the Destroyer\Scripts\Global\MonsterPathfinding.lua:957: in function <...y of the Destroyer\Scripts\Global\MonsterPathfinding.lua:955>

arguments of '__index':
	o = 150
	obj = (table: 0x1ce4dad0)
	_ = "X"
	val = nil

local variables of '__index':
	(*temporary) = (table: 0x05a48168)
	(*temporary) = (table: 0x1ce4dad0)
	(*temporary) = 5.991651822114e-282

upvalues of '__index':
	arr = (table: 0x05a48168)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
Looks like it's related to the pathfinding system. No such errors occured in a few other locations of MM6 and in all of MM7. Works fine if I turn the pathfinding off.
Last edited by Waffel on 28 Jun 2020, 18:21, edited 1 time in total.

Roxterat
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Roxterat » 29 Jun 2020, 19:49

You guys get Troll Knights? How do you make one? I only get to make Troll Trolls for Jadame..

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 29 Jun 2020, 20:55

Roxterat wrote:You guys get Troll Knights? How do you make one? I only get to make Troll Trolls for Jadame..
Not quite sure, but that might require the Unlocker, which is an optional extension. I do think some race/class combos are meant to be eventually accessible in the base merge, such as mino sorcerers etc.

Roxterat
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Roxterat » 30 Jun 2020, 09:12

Oh, alright, thanks for a reply.. I might wanna try some more stuff..

NotABroom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby NotABroom » 30 Jun 2020, 16:01

Is it possible to change which music plays in a given dungeon? Could I have a unique music for every dungeon in the game if I wanted to?

Nifiash
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nifiash » 01 Jul 2020, 20:48

Hello,

Great & Amazing & the most Surprising Project... thank you for bringing the Golden Days of gaming to 2020 ;-DDD

Early game damage question - In Sorpigal region my firebolt deals like 5 damage and sorcerer melle atack 140 and troll knight 150 (all starting gear). Is it intended ?

Have a good day :)
Nifiash

Edit: Update - after trainig for first levels damage get back to norm.
Last edited by Nifiash on 01 Jul 2020, 21:58, edited 1 time in total.

Roxterat
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Roxterat » 02 Jul 2020, 10:29

NotABroom wrote:Is it possible to change which music plays in a given dungeon? Could I have a unique music for every dungeon in the game if I wanted to?
I'd like to know..

Return to “Might and Magic”