Some question here:
1. About repainting mm6/7 armors to fit mm8 dolls -> how long does it take usually to repaint those?
Because i like " Plate Armor " / " Paladin Boots " from MM7 and im still waiting for those armor.
2. Im thinking to create more humans face. Firtsly i need to learn how to make and i saw some little tutorial how to make. But how hard / how long would it take if im new beginner?
3. Just a dream: Possible to create new monster/map/spell into MM6-8 merge, since the limit are gone?
Thanks and have a nice day
Hey there, welcome among us!
As someone that does stuff like that, let me just be blunt about and answer you honestly:
1. That depends how many individual armor piece/boot sprites does an item have. For ones that have at least 2 individual armor sprites like Plate Armors of MM6, it takes around 1-2 hours to make them "seem fit" onto a MM8 paperdoll graphically (like in sprites, since there need to be 5 individual sprites for both "main armor plate" and "plate armor side" - human male, human female, Minotaur, Troll, Dwarf) and even longer to make them "fit" onto those paperdolls via coding/programming (since the game needs coordinates in order to properly "fit" those onto character paperdolls). Boots, same thing, only for 4 paperdolls total (Minotaurs aren˙t known for wearing boots
), since they´re tricky to be placed on said paperdoll˙s legs and feet without much visual clipping (those always look super-jarring in a game like this) and inaccuracies like missing shine or something. When it comes to programming those in though, well ... that˙s a story for ones that are developing MMMerge, since yes, there have been some new items made, but they´re still not programmed to be inside the mod, even if it´s been months
2. Definitely longer than you would expect, since you˙d need to keep stuff consistent both between the "paperdoll face" and the portraits you see below. Now, let me tell you, I´m not a professional at all, but creating a new character (even if they just have a changed face) usually takes me at least 4-6 days without breaks, even longer if I do have breaks. That time can be increased or decreased depending on details you plan on putting onto said character´s face, but remember, gotta keep consistency between (not even joking) one "paperdoll face" and 56 different facial expressions a character uses in total.
3. There actually is a new completed monster, the Ghost Dragon, but ??? if it˙ll ever be used without making the purist members of the community mad. For maps, I don´t have much info, but for now they aren˙t considered and for new spells, you bet they are as long as old "forgotten spells" (Guardian Angel, Finger of Death ...) managed to get re-coded back into the game, which is still a very long way to go, from info I got.