Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
andrey
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 29.03.2020]

Unread postby andrey » 04 Apr 2020, 19:17

Phobos wrote:
andrey wrote:Are there such challenges in Tatalia and Garrote Gorge? Those are only two lands AFAIR that don't have it (or I was not attentive enough).

So far the only place with more than one challenge is Ravenshore. Or are there more?
There is one in Tatalia, but I haven't found one in Garrote Gorge. To my knowledge, Ravenshore is the only place with two pedestals.
Thanks! I will keep looking.

UPD: found it. Just knowing that it exists is a big boost of attention.
Last edited by andrey on 04 Apr 2020, 19:24, edited 1 time in total.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 05 Apr 2020, 12:54

SpectralDragon wrote:I´ve noticed that the Gold Dragon in the Issue has a rogue pixel on his "bod" paperdoll. Here is the .zip that has it removed:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Gb7m9 ... aWtGdaSisf

Good Luck.
Thanks, saved. I hope I will produce lod next week (or this week if your week starts with sunday.)

andrey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby andrey » 05 Apr 2020, 20:42

andrey wrote: Are there such challenges in Tatalia and Garrote Gorge?
cthscr wrote:
looked at the map sources and confirmed there is nothing in Garrote Gorge.

UPD: Is there a way to mention someone on the same line?

UPD2: or maybe not confirmed. See full discussion here: https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/-/ ... _317964151
Last edited by andrey on 05 Apr 2020, 20:53, edited 2 times in total.

joanthedark
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby joanthedark » 05 Apr 2020, 20:59

Expert Perception door in Superior Temple of Baa cannot be opened by characters with Expert Perception.

The Podium states you need Expert Perception:

Character 1 (no Perception skill) gets damaged while Character 2 (the one with Expert Perception) is highlighted to open the door:

The skill itself:

andrey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby andrey » 06 Apr 2020, 07:21

joanthedark wrote:
In vanilla different doors had different perception requirements. With 4 expert perception you could open vast majority of the doors, and that was more than enough to complete the quest. but in order to open all the doors you needed 8 master perception. In the picture you are standing at the door that AFAIR has the highest perception requirements.

UPD: However, I think only the door opening character should get the damage.

UPD2: I submitted the issue on your behalf. https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/-/issues/565
Last edited by andrey on 06 Apr 2020, 07:32, edited 3 times in total.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 06 Apr 2020, 08:19

joanthedark wrote:Expert Perception door in Superior Temple of Baa cannot be opened by characters with Expert Perception.

The Podium states you need Expert Perception:
you dont need go through the doors to get the baa-bonus.
it suffices if you do the spiral, then talk to head 1-4 and go to the big head in the main room for xp(i think it was that and a reward in the char-section)
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 06 Apr 2020, 11:44

Not every Master Perception door is blocking off unique content - I believe most of the Master doors just open shortcuts.

andrey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby andrey » 06 Apr 2020, 12:13

raekuul wrote:Not every Master Perception door is blocking off unique content - I believe most of the Master doors just open shortcuts.
That's true. AFAIR with expert perception you can explore entire temple.

andrey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby andrey » 06 Apr 2020, 17:09

New bugs and suggestions in GitLab:
Mercenary could get peasant class at generation
Druid can learn GM learning before any promotion
Website - Multi-text boxes with scrolling and arrows
Design class names for the new Class system
Newly added classes names and descriptions
"Druid 2" and other tier2 neutral classes
Some dungeon entrances have clickbox problems
Sometimes cheap alchemy rains on regions
Frozen Highlands: Magyar attractor
New Sorpigal: Flying goblins
Guards attacked hostile peasants
Random "Keep Off!" message
Documentation: quick test MM8 promotion cheatsheet
zombie charcter creation paperdoll error with patch 29.3
Dagger Wound Isle: Sometime cannons fire in the wrong direction
MenuChooseCharacter.lua constains several global variables that probably should be local
Prince Nicolai disappears not on rest
no longer can drink potions under the water (Shoals)
Artemis: description not matching
6d13 Evil Altar code doesn't consider fifth party member
Superior Temple of Baa: Perception requirements + character damage
Add skill point challenges to MM6 maps
Agar's Lab: Skull pile marked as "Cauldron"
Some interactive objects in MM6 shouldn't be usable more than once (globally, or per character)
PlayerBits from different games could clash
Misty Islands: Guards attack Baa followers, but not cutpurses
Promotion quests give no description
Increase stat limit
Temple of the Moon (MM6): Gorgons visible behind closed doors
Carpenter and stone cutter do not return to houses
NPCs refer to eating healing herbs
Newly added classes tier2 promotions
Accessing inventory crashes the game: faulty item?
Returning prince Nicolai - wrong face
Wrong arena master in Enroth

Ocsicnarf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ocsicnarf » 07 Apr 2020, 21:48

Hi,

Is weapon wielding limitation implemented?
Or am I wrong.
e.g. with Goblin only sword on Troll:

[url=https://ibb.co/svp0M4F][img]https: ... .png[/img][/url]
Last edited by Ocsicnarf on 07 Apr 2020, 21:52, edited 4 times in total.

andrey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby andrey » 08 Apr 2020, 15:53

Ocsicnarf wrote:Hi,

Is weapon wielding limitation implemented?
Or am I wrong.
e.g. with Goblin only sword on Troll:
Good catch. I submitted an issue on your behalf: https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/-/issues/568

andrey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby andrey » 08 Apr 2020, 15:55

Phobos wrote:There is one in Tatalia, but I haven't found one in Garrote Gorge. To my knowledge, Ravenshore is the only place with two pedestals.
Now confirmed that there are none in Garrote Gorge.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 09 Apr 2020, 06:11

cthscr wrote: :gong:
Rodril wrote: :gong:
Templayer wrote: :gong:
GrayFace wrote: :gong:
andrey wrote: :gong:
No worries, cthscr, glad to be of service (and just so you don´t have more issues there with it, here´s the refreshed link to the Gold Dragon sprites, since I swapped it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zGVT8 ... IlnLzi7tm9 ). :tsup:

That aside, I´m notifying every single one of you because I´ve found a bunch of useful (including fixed plant life like swamp trees!) and downright bizarre sprites inside original MM6 .lod files meant for the outside onlookers (like rocks and bones and whatnot). I´m including the .zip of those (commentary of mine added) right HERE and honestly, I think that the nature and landscape ones get a bigger priority (major at least) because they contain properly fixed plant life, like I˙ve said before:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ukpNg ... 9GWFcPULVb
Yes?

crimson
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby crimson » 09 Apr 2020, 06:53

How can you select the button for your followers / hirelings? The button on your bottom-right screen just over the map?

I've seen a clip, and it can be done, the mouse cursor can move independently from the camera. As it stands right now, my mouse cursor is fixed / centered on the screen and cannot move independently from the camera. There is no way i can select the Hirelings button, or any other HUD element on the screen. I select my characters with TAB or the numeric keys. A key to select my Hirelings, will also be good enough, but i don't know any.

You did an awesome job with this merge. MM7 is my favorite game from this entire franchise and the first RPG i ever played, back in the 90's.

This said, MMX-Legacy it is very good / fun to play. The number of party-combos that you can achieve is superior to any of the previous MM titles, and you will always have a different role-playing experience. Also MMX, beats the other titles, on the implementation of skills and spells, which is the core-base of these type of RPGs. Where the game fails, it is way too easy (once you got the hang of it, and that on the highest difficulty) and way too short. It will be a shame for MMX to be the last title of this series. If you didn't play it, please give it a shot.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 09 Apr 2020, 09:58

crimson wrote:How can you select the button for your followers / hirelings? The button on your bottom-right screen just over the map?

I've seen a clip, and it can be done, the mouse cursor can move independently from the camera.
Caps-lock does not work for you?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 09 Apr 2020, 10:34

SpectralDragon wrote:That aside, I´m notifying every single one of you because I´ve found a bunch of useful (including fixed plant life like swamp trees!) and downright bizarre sprites inside original MM6 .lod files meant for the outside onlookers (like rocks and bones and whatnot). I´m including the .zip of those (commentary of mine added) right HERE and honestly, I think that the nature and landscape ones get a bigger priority (major at least) because they contain properly fixed plant life, like I˙ve said before:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ukpNg ... 9GWFcPULVb
Mostly sprites used in the game. What are these "fixed versions of swamp trees"? The "Missing and fixed nature and landscape" folder just includes all the foliage.
Last edited by GrayFace on 09 Apr 2020, 10:34, edited 1 time in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 09 Apr 2020, 12:06

GrayFace wrote:Mostly sprites used in the game. What are these "fixed versions of swamp trees"? The "Missing and fixed nature and landscape" folder just includes all the foliage.
Currently, in MMMerge, swamp trees (as seen in Mire of the Damned) look like disgusting green glitchy mess, like a color palette wasn´t right for them. Those, I´ve found in MM7 .lod files and seem to be "leftover sprites" from MM6 to me. "Missing and fixed nature and landscape" folder contains landscape elements, including those swamp trees, as they look like in base MM6 (since I pulled them from MM6 .lod files) and in them, they look much nicer/cleaner/appropriate, like they´re certainly intended to look like if you ask me.
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 09 Apr 2020, 12:11, edited 3 times in total.
Yes?

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 09 Apr 2020, 14:49

joanthedark wrote:Expert Perception door in Superior Temple of Baa cannot be opened by characters with Expert Perception.

<snip>
Most of the doors only require perception level 4 (iirc you don't even need be an expert). Only one door requires master level 8 instead. However, that door can be skipped: it only leads to a hallway that you can get to from most of the other doors as well.
That's the normal behaviour. So if that's how it works for you, it's not a bug.
Last edited by Macros the Black on 09 Apr 2020, 14:50, edited 2 times in total.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

joanthedark
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby joanthedark » 09 Apr 2020, 21:21

andrey wrote:In the picture you are standing at the door that AFAIR has the highest perception requirements.
justl wrote:you dont need go through the doors to get the baa-bonus.
it suffices if you do the spiral
Macros the Black wrote:Only one door requires master level 8 instead. However, that door can be skipped: it only leads to a hallway that you can get to from most of the other doors as well.
That's the normal behaviour. So if that's how it works for you, it's not a bug.
You guys seem to be misunderstanding me, mine was not a "help me I cannot progress" post, it was a "there's a contradiction that should be fixed" post. If you check the second screenshot's (Character 1 taking damage) minimap and you'll see I already traversed thorugh the dungeon above the locked door through a different path.

If that door has the highest perception requirements, and if it's not a bug, then it's the Podium text (first screenshot) that should be changed from "Expert Perception" to "Master Perception" to avoid confusion.

There's also the bug of the first character taking damage while the second is highlighted, which at least andrey acknowledged, thank you for submitting that issue!

andrey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby andrey » 09 Apr 2020, 22:29

joanthedark wrote: If that door has the highest perception requirements, and if it's not a bug, then it's the Podium text (first screenshot) that should be changed from "Expert Perception" to "Master Perception" to avoid confusion.
Hm... Most doors require expert or even lower, few require master, for one (AFAIR) door even master is not enough. Perhaps, it is better to say something vague like "High Perception" or just "Perception".

Another option is to add explanation message when the character gets damage. Like "Perception is not high enough", but more in the style of Baa temple podiums.

Return to “Might and Magic”