Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Templayer
Devil
Devil

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 17.03.2020]

Unread postby Templayer » 20 Mar 2020, 19:28

toreadorlelder wrote:So. Another Sunday, another trip to the Arena. Slice and dice everything there.

Lo and behold, who shows up but...Verdant!!!

Her 4 lines of text, however, were all Collect Prize! as you'd get from the arena master, since everything was cleared out. What she said was fine, I think...altho I didn't get the connector stone from her, if I get that on this contact? Don't recall. But the display text, at least, was messed up.

EDIT: just popped back from the Arena to Harmondale and she showed up again with the connector gem.
Verdant Arena Override
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Unread postby cthscr » 20 Mar 2020, 19:51

Templayer wrote:Oh, he's back. Let the spamming of a spoiled brat continue.

At least I have him blocked since like a half year ago, so I am safe from it.

Those other poor souls in this thread though,.... I fear for their sanity. :S
You know, he might be better than you design-wise.
Though this thing is questionable, therefore 'Extra/Templayer' vs 'Extra/Xfing' would be helpful.
As for your feud, neither of you have shown yourself as a mature person to my mind.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 20 Mar 2020, 19:52

Unlocker works correctly for me, with the newest version of everything (the Unlocker, Base Merge, GF Patch, Community Branch). So the person reporting a problem with it probably used an older version of SOMETHING.

However I found out a new bug. :(

Broken Compound Paperdoll for Minotaur Liches

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 20 Mar 2020, 19:53

cthscr wrote:

Though this thing is questionable, therefore 'Extra/Templayer' vs 'Extra/Xfing' would be helpful.
As for your feud, neither of you have shown yourself as a mature person to my mind.
Very well.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 21 Mar 2020, 09:36

Templayer wrote:Unlocker works correctly for me, with the newest version of everything (the Unlocker, Base Merge, GF Patch, Community Branch). So the person reporting a problem with it probably used an older version of SOMETHING.

However I found out a new bug. :(

Broken Compound Paperdoll for Minotaur Liches
Updated and I´ve provided the arm fixes for the paperdoll because the previous one was just messed up, holy KREEGANS.
KeyOfGeneralUse wrote:Can Trolls and Minotaurs wear helmets and boots once they've transformed into Liches?
Trolls, yes, Minotaurs, no. Minotaur Lich paperdolls are (supposed to be) based on brown Minotaur ones, thus they should (!) have same restrictions as regular Minotaurs. Same with Minotaur Zombies.
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 21 Mar 2020, 09:37, edited 2 times in total.
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 21 Mar 2020, 10:16

Templayer wrote:
cthscr wrote:

Very well.
Templayer wrote:
cthscr wrote:
Templayer wrote:
I'm still quite sad about what you wrote about me on the main thread. :(
First, I appreciate your work. Second, both of you can bring more than just a war of insults. (Yes, you already do much more to this project.) You have disagreement, why don't prove your rightness in (more or less) peaceful competition? (And now it's easier to compare different approaches.)
So don't be sad, my not-so-polite words should have provoked you into that 'Extra/Templayer' thing.
(Though to be honest I've read most of your insults war in a short time and it was disgusting. Wiser has to stop first. Neither of you wanted to. That's quite sad.)
That was one message.

I have him blocked, so unless somebody quotes him, I cannot see his messages / posts. So much for an "insult war". The fact that he continues insulting me while knowing I might not ever read his messages should tell you something about him.

I would like to tell you that he is the person that DEMANDED Rodril to change my unlocker (it makes as little sense as it sounds... how was Rodril supposed to change files on my server is beyond me) and limit it so that people stop doing crazy combinations.

Another problem was him doing like 50 posts urging Rodril to make the inventory grid's color changeable, and when Rodril finally did, xfing said that he won't use it anyway.

I refuse to deal with these kinds of people.

Given your public humiliation of me in the thread (calling my designs worse than xfing's is worse than telling me that I am an imbecile and a moron...) I have realized you are right.

I've spent over 90% of my free time in the entire past year doing stuff surrounding the Merge and keeping it alive during Rodril's long absences. And that is not very mature given the society standards.

I might take a break from it. If my designs are bad, then... fair enough.

You are in your first phase with Xfing. By the last phase, you will be quite burned by him. Mark my words.

At least I will always have this:
Last edited by Templayer on 21 Mar 2020, 10:17, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 21 Mar 2020, 11:39

I've removed the old version of the Base Merge from my website, and I've put the newest one to the mmmerge website instead.
So if the link ever dies or you don't want to download through MEGA, you can get the Base Merge here:
http://www.mmmerge.templayer.cz/Storage/

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 21 Mar 2020, 13:12

Templayer wrote: :gong:
On the other hand ...

This is gonna be interesting (since Toby didn˙t do the compound paperdoll and the NPC icon).
Yes?

tomchen1989
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby tomchen1989 » 21 Mar 2020, 20:27

For the newest version, the /Data/BlockMaps/ folder, which is being used for Monster Path Finding feature, is empty. I think I once saw some files in this folder. But after reinstall the game (delete my game folder and unzip MM678 Merged 17.03.2020.zip again), I can never retrieve the files and no file can be generated when I enter an indoor map. My questions are:

- When exactly will the files in /Data/BlockMaps/ be generated? The file is generated when the party enters an indoor map, right?

- Only after the map file in /Data/BlockMaps/ be generated could the Monster Path Finding feature work in this map, right?

- If the folder does not exist, will it be automatically generated when needed?

And questions on those .bin files in /DataFiles/ folder:

- If I delete those .bin files in /DataFiles/, they will be re-generated when I start the game, without causing any trouble or data loss, right?

- Using the old version's .bin files in /DataFiles/ will not cause any trouble or data loss, right?

KeyOfGeneralUse
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby KeyOfGeneralUse » 22 Mar 2020, 05:55

Why can you start as Cleric or Priest?

Jezebeth Noir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jezebeth Noir » 22 Mar 2020, 12:51

Rodril wrote:Existing localizations:
German: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/takm1tpdq5ur ... DX3va?dl=0
- Texts and mm6/mm7/mm8 audio.

Polish: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/579jr8x0gk6b ... WQQDa?dl=0
- Texts and mm7/mm8 audio. If mm6 sound localization exist, send it to me, please.

Russian: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pqnrlq4h6gso ... MXo6a?dl=0
- Texts and mm6/mm7/mm8 audio + localized cross continent quests. There are two options: by Alexeevdenis and by Maslyonok.

French: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/52kjppc6s32b ... EJ-Ca?dl=0
- Texts and mm6/mm7/mm8 audio + localized cross continent quests by Mozaki.

Czech: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y08ensa5qajm ... h35Ma?dl=0
- Only mm6/mm7/mm8 texts + localized cross continent quests by Templayer.
Links is broken.

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 22 Mar 2020, 13:48

KeyOfGeneralUse wrote:Why can you start as Cleric or Priest?
Blame Might and Magic 8 for having "Priest" as its default Cleric class.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 22 Mar 2020, 20:14

tomchen1989 wrote:For the newest version, the /Data/BlockMaps/ folder, which is being used for Monster Path Finding feature, is empty. I think I once saw some files in this folder. But after reinstall the game (delete my game folder and unzip MM678 Merged 17.03.2020.zip again), I can never retrieve the files and no file can be generated when I enter an indoor map. My questions are:

- When exactly will the files in /Data/BlockMaps/ be generated? The file is generated when the party enters an indoor map, right?

- Only after the map file in /Data/BlockMaps/ be generated could the Monster Path Finding feature work in this map, right?

- If the folder does not exist, will it be automatically generated when needed?

And questions on those .bin files in /DataFiles/ folder:

- If I delete those .bin files in /DataFiles/, they will be re-generated when I start the game, without causing any trouble or data loss, right?

- Using the old version's .bin files in /DataFiles/ will not cause any trouble or data loss, right?
Rodril currently cannot answer via whatever machine he's been on, but he did answer those via Community Branch's MMMerge comments and asked us if we can post those answers on his behalf, which I'm doing here. Here's what he said:

"- In 17.03.20 version only way to generate - to do it manualy via debig console, execute: Pathfinder.MakeWayPoints() .

- Pathfinder works without block maps, but slower.

- Unfotrunately not now, apologies for my lazyness.

- Yes, they will be regenerated without causing problems.

- Probably not, i'm not sure."
Yes?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 22 Mar 2020, 20:17

Jezebeth Noir wrote:
Rodril wrote: (localization links)
Links is broken.
"I'll fix all localization files at Wednesday - no access to PC atm." - Rodril via Community Branch's MMMerge comments, sent by me on his behalf.
Yes?

KeyOfGeneralUse
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby KeyOfGeneralUse » 23 Mar 2020, 02:37

I have 2 trolls (race), one's a monk the other's a knight. Previously they came with normal rank regeneration. Now I had to re-install the game and play with hardware acceleration and the regeneration is missing. It's not available to learn in the temples or any other shop I've looked either. Can the normal regeneration rank still be obtained somewhere in MM 6, 7 or 8?

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 23 Mar 2020, 07:31

KeyOfGeneralUse wrote:I have 2 trolls (race), one's a monk the other's a knight. Previously they came with normal rank regeneration. Now I had to re-install the game and play with hardware acceleration and the regeneration is missing. It's not available to learn in the temples or any other shop I've looked either. Can the normal regeneration rank still be obtained somewhere in MM 6, 7 or 8?
It is still learnable in temples (verified in Jadame).
As for Troll race non-Troll classes - check your 'Data/Tables/Race Skills.txt'. You might want to change (with GrayFace's TxtEdit) Regeneration (row)/Troll (column) value from 0/1/0 to B/1/0.
Last edited by cthscr on 23 Mar 2020, 07:36, edited 1 time in total.

KeyOfGeneralUse
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby KeyOfGeneralUse » 23 Mar 2020, 07:54

cthscr wrote:
KeyOfGeneralUse wrote:I have 2 trolls (race), one's a monk the other's a knight. Previously they came with normal rank regeneration. Now I had to re-install the game and play with hardware acceleration and the regeneration is missing. It's not available to learn in the temples or any other shop I've looked either. Can the normal regeneration rank still be obtained somewhere in MM 6, 7 or 8?
It is still learnable in temples (verified in Jadame).
As for Troll race non-Troll classes - check your 'Data/Tables/Race Skills.txt'. You might want to change (with GrayFace's TxtEdit) Regeneration (row)/Troll (column) value from 0/1/0 to B/1/0.
Only classes that get the Regeneration skill can learn it at my temple. My Troll-Vampire could learn it, the Troll-Knight, Troll-Priest, Troll-Monk etc. could not.

majaczek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby majaczek » 23 Mar 2020, 11:33

There is a patch for this in Community branch.
patch gives Racial Skills at begining such as:
dragon ability for dragon race
vampire ability for vampire race
regeneration for troll race
etc.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 23 Mar 2020, 14:12

cthscr wrote: As one of "just another modders" I'd say you should be able to try and compare before choose the final default. All the racial skill thing is far from perfect (well, I can call it broken as it is now - and I try to fix some things).
Sure, this is quite an undertaking, so it requires lots of testing and iterations, wouldn't have it any other way.
PS. Looks to me like earlier you were more constructive. Now ratio of signal to noise rational to feud is lower.
Well, Rodril was away for a longer while so I lost interest for some time too, so I haven't been visiting much. Most recent developments have been for the branch anyway, while I as a player am waiting for repainted apparel the most (can't wait to play dress-up with all the choices, lol). I drop by every now and then to see if there's more of it. Not much more to contribute from my end at this time, I'm afraid.

Also, I'm not that good with rude people, and comments like this:

don't help a bit. Guess the best I can do is react with dignity, and I've been doing my best to refrain from being rude back all this time.

Also, I wouldn't say there's any real feud over anything substantial here. From my perspective it seems like Templayer doesn't appreciate my personal expressions of wanting to see basic stuff taken care of first (like having all the armors properly repainted), since in his opinion it spoils the mood for creators of additional content and makes their enthusiasm seem unappreciated. I had to explain several times that additional content's fine, but I'd personally have the basic stuff done first if I was pulling the strings (which I'm not). I know it really only depends on willingness from artists to do this, though in the past I think encouragement has helped move things forward in this regard. As for the skill cap idea pitch, it was simply a suggestion emulating many other RPGs, where differences between races are more substantial than in MM (where they're for all intents and purposes just aesthetic), and to have unique combinations of race and class that incentivize choosing different ones in different playthroughs. But I've explained this idea in enough detail already, so guess there's no need to do it another time. Anyway, I haven't been playing recently, so there are no bugs to report or suggestions to make at this time, but I'll be sure to pitch in with more if something comes up
Last edited by Xfing on 23 Mar 2020, 14:16, edited 1 time in total.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 23 Mar 2020, 15:11

KeyOfGeneralUse wrote:
cthscr wrote:As for Troll race non-Troll classes - check your 'Data/Tables/Race Skills.txt'. You might want to change (with GrayFace's TxtEdit) Regeneration (row)/Troll (column) value from 0/1/0 to B/1/0.
Only classes that get the Regeneration skill can learn it at my temple. My Troll-Vampire could learn it, the Troll-Knight, Troll-Priest, Troll-Monk etc. could not.
You have to re-read my last (quoted) sentence. It contains the answer.

Return to “Might and Magic”