Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 19.04.2020]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
antipaladin
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 62
Joined: 29 Jun 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 17.03.2020]

Postby antipaladin » Mar 18 2020, 18:12

did you install mod correctly?

KeyOfGeneralUse
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 16
Joined: 08 Mar 2020

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 17.03.2020]

Postby KeyOfGeneralUse » Mar 18 2020, 18:20

antipaladin wrote:did you install mod correctly?

I just moved the contents of the "MM678 Merged" zip-file to my MM8-folder. It's not that easy then, I suppose?

User avatar
antipaladin
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 62
Joined: 29 Jun 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 17.03.2020]

Postby antipaladin » Mar 18 2020, 19:10

How to install:
Warning: do not install MMPatch before applying game files.
1. Install GOG version of Might and Magic VIII.
2. Copy mod files into MM8 folder, replacing existing.
3. [Optional - skip this step if game already works] Install MMPatch 2.4.1 ( https://github.com/GrayFace/Misc/releas ... v2.4.1.exe )
4. [Optional] - download localization files, links below.

User avatar
Templayer
Devil
Devil
Posts: 1322
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Mar 18 2020, 20:56

antipaladin wrote:this is the most , if not then close too, awesomenest thing i have ever seen.
i must ask few questions though,
is there a way to know where are the hirlings in eneroth antagrich part (to join party) or are they randomised/
they also don't apear in the advantures in in eneroth part if i haven't any room for them.
is there a premade order in which i must play the mod?
i really wanted to add a goblin, but it seems if i dont start with one, i cannot.
MM6 is the hardest of the lot, so it makes sence to play it last.
MM8 is the eassiest...
idk, any responce would be awesome :<
edit:
installed update that u linked previously, and game crashes on startup or when open a savegame..

antipaladin wrote:do you have a discord or something? is there a way i can chat with you other then forums? my head is exploding with ideas.
edit1:
should i finish one continent fullest, only then move onwards to the next or i can jump around? i don't understand since verdant scares me with becoming old..8|
edit2: i also noticed that if you make a peasent, it can be "made" into a class, but is also fully randomised,
i also would like to ask if your going to add some more costume races\classes
like dark dwarfs angels and etc..
i had somewhere paper sprites done for centuar... :canthear:
also while minotours and elves and are able play from get go mm6, they are the only ones, why is that?
edit 3: at what point does the randomistion occures? during start game? entery to a map for the first time or every time the map is enterd?
edit4 : some of the advantures inn doesnt work in MM6, and in 7th i couldnt find em what so ever..
i belive placing them on starting loactions (new sorpgial, haromondale) would fix the situation...
edit5: after going on some reading in MMMtracker i have not understand how to implant all those juicy stuff you guys did, except bowing before your greatness for coming up with something so incredible awesome (and something to do as my country is probblay going into even more quarntine nowdays) you must explain me how to do the mmmerger chjarcter unlocker and etc..
edit6: i have noticed gitlab offers more updates then this link with dracolich and stuff, but i cannot access it or rather dont know how.. :embarrased:


edit7; i have noticed that not all sprites for newer items work as it said so in the tracker (noble plate for the mintour) am i to add them myself or?

Most of these can be answered by reading the Tracker (more of an unofficial manual) in my signature.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Templayer
Devil
Devil
Posts: 1322
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 17.03.2020]

Postby Templayer » Mar 18 2020, 20:58

antipaladin wrote:is it a coding issue? i mean the racial ability trainers could be prefixed.
i would also highly advice against randomistion of party memmber hirlings, my RNG capabilitys are lowest.

Coding it would take weeks, probably, if not months.

Also for the second sentence... I could make a really bad joke here, but I shall refrain. :D
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Templayer
Devil
Devil
Posts: 1322
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 17.03.2020]

Postby Templayer » Mar 18 2020, 21:01

KeyOfGeneralUse wrote:
antipaladin wrote:did you install mod correctly?

I just moved the contents of the "MM678 Merged" zip-file to my MM8-folder. It's not that easy then, I suppose?

Could you try again with the Community Fixes version?

Installation instructions are here: https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/-/blob/master/README.md
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
antipaladin
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 62
Joined: 29 Jun 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 17.03.2020]

Postby antipaladin » Mar 18 2020, 21:03

Templayer wrote:
antipaladin wrote:is it a coding issue? i mean the racial ability trainers could be prefixed.
i would also highly advice against randomistion of party memmber hirlings, my RNG capabilitys are lowest.

Coding it would take weeks, probably, if not months.

Also for the second sentence... I could make a really bad joke here, but I shall refrain. :D


thing is, i tried to renter deyja a dozen times in one of my gameplays, to find a goblin hirling of any class, and simply failed, they either don't exist, or i have really bad randomistion :D
which is why i thought have them fixed at key locations makes sense.

Rodril
Demon
Demon
Posts: 343
Joined: 18 Nov 2016

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 17.03.2020]

Postby Rodril » Mar 18 2020, 21:11

KeyOfGeneralUse wrote:My game crashes when I try to get Magic training. Here a screen from the Water magic trainer with the debug console that opens when I click on "Master of Water".

https://ibb.co/44B1MQr

Thank you for screenshot. I've tested my version and it does not have the glitch, moreover, line 317 of script "RemoveNPCTablesLimits.lua" is empty.
What version of MMMerge do you use? v. 22.09.2019 or recently posted v. 17.03.2020 ?

User avatar
tomchen1989
Pixie
Pixie
Posts: 100
Joined: 21 Jun 2008
Location: Europe / China

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 17.03.2020]

Postby tomchen1989 » Mar 18 2020, 22:12

I finished the command line tool mmarch and I'm downloading MMMerge (main branch)'s new version. I will inspect the difference between this version (2020-03-17) and the last patched version (2019-10-08) and then try to:

1. make a (far smaller) patch using NSIS and mmarch, this patch can update 2019-09-22 or 2019-10-08 to the latest one.

2. update my mm678-i18n repo according to the latest main branch (2020-03-17)

3. make mm678-i18n's workflow fully automatized with mmarch and Python script (now the workflow seems to be already good, as one "rule-it-all" style .po (Gettext) file can generate all mm6, 7, 8 and merge's localized files semi-automatically. But I need it to be fully automatic)

4. write NSIS script that is ready to produce localization patches for any language and any of MM6/7/8/Merge

5. at this stage, mm678-i18n project still only has zh_cn. I'll use mm678-i18n's script to import, process and merge existant localized files of mm6, mm7, mm8 and MMMerge, and eventually produce localization patches of any possible language and any possible game among MM6/7/8/Merge.

I've been collecting MM678 games or at least the string/resource files of all different language versions. I think I have:

Code: Select all

      en fr de cs es it ru pl ko ja zh_cn zh_tw
mm6   y  y  y  y  y  y  y  n  y  n  y     y
mm7   y  y  y  y  y  y  y  n  y  n  y     y
mm8   y  y  y  y  y  y  y  y  y  n  y     y
merge y  y  y  y  y  n  y  y  n  n  y     n
(I personally speak zh, en, fr, limited de and very limited ja)

And that's my little plan.
Last edited by tomchen1989 on Mar 18 2020, 22:58, edited 2 times in total.

KeyOfGeneralUse
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 16
Joined: 08 Mar 2020

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 17.03.2020]

Postby KeyOfGeneralUse » Mar 19 2020, 7:02

Templayer wrote:
KeyOfGeneralUse wrote:
antipaladin wrote:did you install mod correctly?

I just moved the contents of the "MM678 Merged" zip-file to my MM8-folder. It's not that easy then, I suppose?

Could you try again with the Community Fixes version?

Installation instructions are here: https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/-/blob/master/README.md


So far this fixed it. Thank you! :) :tsup:

Mirondor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 22
Joined: 25 Feb 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 17.03.2020]

Postby Mirondor » Mar 19 2020, 10:46

Where can we see some changelog, friends?...

NotABroom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 28
Joined: 03 Jun 2018

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 17.03.2020]

Postby NotABroom » Mar 19 2020, 16:09

What happens to a cleric or any other class that exists on each continent when I do the promotion quests of all three continents?

User avatar
Templayer
Devil
Devil
Posts: 1322
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 17.03.2020]

Postby Templayer » Mar 19 2020, 17:36

antipaladin wrote:
Templayer wrote:
antipaladin wrote:is it a coding issue? i mean the racial ability trainers could be prefixed.
i would also highly advice against randomistion of party memmber hirlings, my RNG capabilitys are lowest.

Coding it would take weeks, probably, if not months.

Also for the second sentence... I could make a really bad joke here, but I shall refrain. :D


thing is, i tried to renter deyja a dozen times in one of my gameplays, to find a goblin hirling of any class, and simply failed, they either don't exist, or i have really bad randomistion :D
which is why i thought have them fixed at key locations makes sense.

Having them non-randomized doesn't really make sense. What if we make them predefined, and somebody plays and finds out that not a single one of the ones we predefined suits his needs? This way you can try again and again.

Also if you have way too many characters at the inn, the recruits will stop generating due to engine limits on player characters.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Templayer
Devil
Devil
Posts: 1322
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 17.03.2020]

Postby Templayer » Mar 19 2020, 17:37

tomchen1989 wrote:I finished the command line tool mmarch and I'm downloading MMMerge (main branch)'s new version. I will inspect the difference between this version (2020-03-17) and the last patched version (2019-10-08) and then try to:

1. make a (far smaller) patch using NSIS and mmarch, this patch can update 2019-09-22 or 2019-10-08 to the latest one.

2. update my mm678-i18n repo according to the latest main branch (2020-03-17)

3. make mm678-i18n's workflow fully automatized with mmarch and Python script (now the workflow seems to be already good, as one "rule-it-all" style .po (Gettext) file can generate all mm6, 7, 8 and merge's localized files semi-automatically. But I need it to be fully automatic)

4. write NSIS script that is ready to produce localization patches for any language and any of MM6/7/8/Merge

5. at this stage, mm678-i18n project still only has zh_cn. I'll use mm678-i18n's script to import, process and merge existant localized files of mm6, mm7, mm8 and MMMerge, and eventually produce localization patches of any possible language and any possible game among MM6/7/8/Merge.

I've been collecting MM678 games or at least the string/resource files of all different language versions. I think I have:

Code: Select all

      en fr de cs es it ru pl ko ja zh_cn zh_tw
mm6   y  y  y  y  y  y  y  n  y  n  y     y
mm7   y  y  y  y  y  y  y  n  y  n  y     y
mm8   y  y  y  y  y  y  y  y  y  n  y     y
merge y  y  y  y  y  n  y  y  n  n  y     n
(I personally speak zh, en, fr, limited de and very limited ja)

And that's my little plan.

Holy sh it, nice!

Which reminds me ...
Rodril wrote:*THUD*

The Czech localization is broken as ****. See the Issue (just filter Issues to Czech).
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Templayer
Devil
Devil
Posts: 1322
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 17.03.2020]

Postby Templayer » Mar 19 2020, 17:38

KeyOfGeneralUse wrote:
Templayer wrote:
KeyOfGeneralUse wrote:I just moved the contents of the "MM678 Merged" zip-file to my MM8-folder. It's not that easy then, I suppose?

Could you try again with the Community Fixes version?

Installation instructions are here: https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/-/blob/master/README.md


So far this fixed it. Thank you! :) :tsup:

Glad to be helpful, as always! :oex:
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Templayer
Devil
Devil
Posts: 1322
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 17.03.2020]

Postby Templayer » Mar 19 2020, 17:45

Mirondor wrote:Where can we see some changelog, friends?...

Here for Base: https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/-/blob/master/Docs/ChangeLogBase.md
And here for the Community Branch: https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/-/blob/master/Docs/ChangeLog.md

They seem to be quite outdated, though. I'll make that into an Issue.

https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/-/issues/468

To check finished work in the Community Branch, check the Issues and select Closed - some of them are closed as duplicate, etc. though. Some of them might be fixed bugs. Labels help.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Templayer
Devil
Devil
Posts: 1322
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 17.03.2020]

Postby Templayer » Mar 19 2020, 17:48

NotABroom wrote:What happens to a cleric or any other class that exists on each continent when I do the promotion quests of all three continents?

I had to explain this so many times.

Argh. :canthear:

Ehm.

The classes do not "transmute" from one another, it is a simple class switch.

So depending on what you are promoted "first" into, that is what you are going to be, and the others are going to be honorary, unless there is a way to switch between them. See the Tracker in my signature for details, under Tutorials.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

raekuul
Pixie
Pixie
Posts: 129
Joined: 05 Jul 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 17.03.2020]

Postby raekuul » Mar 19 2020, 23:54

NotABroom wrote:What happens to a cleric or any other class that exists on each continent when I do the promotion quests of all three continents?

Enroth and Erathia advance to Priest (1st promotion), while Jadame advances to Priest of the Sun (only promotion).

The first applicable promotion completed is the path you set out on, so be wary if you want to get an Enroth-style High Priest out of a Jadame start.
You need to install the base mod first, and then install the latest GrayFace patch on top of that.

jfiemmpa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 1
Joined: 19 Mar 2020

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 17.03.2020]

Postby jfiemmpa » Mar 20 2020, 0:06

I just recently found this and have been playing through 6-7 mostly. Love the mod. Great work guys
The Alpha for druids to summon creatures is awesome and seems to work just fine for me, but why only earth spells? All elemental spells would make sense. And there are so many creatures to choose from.
I also wonder if it could be tuned to Druid level or Spell skill level for different levels of the same creature? Beginner gets a basic low level creature, expert gets a higher level one....and so on. Maybe grandmaster gets a chance to summon 2? or a similar but tougher creature, since most types of enemies seem to have 3 colors.
Or maybe beginner gets no summon, and only after training up to expert do you get to start summoning.
Whatever I love this new mechanic, I Just would like to see more creatures types used to better fit the situation. Blades gets you a series of ranged creatures, Stone skin gets you rock elementals, deadly swarm gets you fliers of some kind.
Slow gets you a creature that uses slow as a spell(not sure which ones do that.
Fireball gets you a gog, Ice bolt gets you an ooze, Lightning bolt get you and air elemental.

KeyOfGeneralUse
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 16
Joined: 08 Mar 2020

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 17.03.2020]

Postby KeyOfGeneralUse » Mar 20 2020, 6:41

Can Trolls and Minotaurs wear helmets and boots once they've transformed into Liches?


Return to “Might and Magic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Xfing and 10 guests