Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 29.03.2020]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Jezebeth Noir
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 50
Joined: 25 Apr 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Jezebeth Noir » Feb 1 2020, 12:39

Templayer wrote:Image
BTW this feature doesn't work in russian version.

Image
Sorry for my english, I'm just learning. :embarrased:

cthscr
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 59
Joined: 12 Jan 2020

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby cthscr » Feb 1 2020, 14:22

Jezebeth Noir wrote:BTW this feature doesn't work in russian version.

I've thought russian localization is over Base Merge, not the Community Branch.

Also, for russian localization I'd suggest to use

Code: Select all

Merge.Settings.Character.EnhancedAutobiographies = 2
in Scripts\General\MergeSettings.lua (if you create localization pack) or in user-filled %GAME_DIRECTORY%\MMMergeSettings.lua. All of this was introduced in Community Branch of 30 Jan 2020.

User avatar
Templayer
Devil
Devil
Posts: 1322
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Feb 1 2020, 15:40

eilacomeva wrote:
Templayer wrote:
eilacomeva wrote:A little bug which I can't verify right now (wrong computer): when I played the first time, Hades (the mm6 sword relic with negative regeneration) did poison damage by using a spell, which can hit the wrong target if you're bounty hunting in a town or if you're using the reanimate spell.

Please verify if it still is the case. I will add it to the Bug Tracker once you do.


Still there - savegame at https://1fichier.com/?tw2zq3pg2cza74i0x869 to reproduce

Added to the Bug Tracker and as an Issue for the Community Branch at GitLab:
https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/issues/37
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Templayer
Devil
Devil
Posts: 1322
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Feb 1 2020, 22:09

GitLab Community Branch now has a crapton of labels, color coded into sections. Existing Issues were updated to the new format.
I've spent like three hours on this today. :D :D
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Templayer
Devil
Devil
Posts: 1322
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Feb 1 2020, 22:11

Also I know I am behind on both this thread and I have like 50 unread Merge related emails, I should be able to go through those tomorrow. Be patient. :P
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Hunter
Hunter
Posts: 534
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Feb 2 2020, 9:55

Templayer wrote:@All

GDSpectra / Spectral Dragon's links are broken.

She has been notified and is fixing it.

(she is the one making new paperdolls and animated portraits, like Minotaur Liches, Troll Zombies, Dracoliches, the Black Dragons,... check the Tracker in my signature, and check the Paint Tracker in the Index for characters if you do not know about this ... and also the Content Implementation Queue for stuff that is finished, but isn't in-game yet)

Links should be up and working again (except the 2 Google Drive links, those are/should be still up). Sta.sh is being a stupid dumb siht nowadays in only allowing ones with a dA account to be able to download them, so I swap them to Ulož.to ones. Feel free to get them off and keep those stuff (MM6 helmets, including ones for Minotaurs, and new characters/additions to the Merge, even if according to new messages it˙s a downright MESS ^^; ) on your own website too, as well as link them in CIQ.
Yes?

User avatar
Templayer
Devil
Devil
Posts: 1322
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Feb 2 2020, 15:45

eilacomeva wrote:
Templayer wrote:
eilacomeva wrote:Btw, I couldn't find mention of it looking for "peasant" (50 occurrences), and I didn't even try with "class" (161), so I'll just ask here: is it normal that "become archer" is refused if I have a goblin peasant? In Harmondale if that helps; since you can have any race play any class in mm7 I would expect mm7 peasants of any race could be promoted to any class.

That's probably a bug. I'm going to add it to the Bug Tracker.

I checked in localizedtables.txt, and...
"NPCText 1679 Your kind cannot become %s. Sorry."

==>
if not CheckRace(ClassId) then
Message(string.format(Game.NPCText[1679], Game.ClassNames[ClassId]))
return
end

You can have goblin archers in mm7 (just verified), while here it's not available even at character creation;
either he botched the class/race table in CheckRace or he meant to be that way -- fine by me if that is the case, so long as it's documented somewhere.


Templayer wrote:Also was it you that fixed hundreds of typos on the Tracker anonymously?

I had to apply those suggested edits one by excruciating one, because GoogleDocs kinda suck. :D :D :D :D

But thanks, it is appreciated. If it was you.


Ehm, yes, it was me, not sure what is in my head but I would correct https://old.reddit.com/r/microsoft/comm ... x_to_edge/ if I could :D

Sorry about the wasted time - I've never created a document with googledocs, so I just assumed it worked kinda like wikipedia (everything is just published, you can see history and revert bad edits if needed).

Added to the Bug Tracker and also to the Community Branch Issues - https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/issues/41

It's OK that you fixed those typos, but oh well, GoogleDocs should have some FASTER way of accepting those changes.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Templayer
Devil
Devil
Posts: 1322
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Feb 2 2020, 15:48

eilacomeva wrote:
Templayer wrote:
eilacomeva wrote:Ever felt like you're very, very stupid? As in, stoopid?
My latest acts of stupidity:

- skipped a dialogue, I thought Verdant would only contact you after finishing a continent
- failed to realize that Verdant was taking the gems one at a time, kept reloading & looking for the (nonexisting) missing gem as I was afraid I would have to wait an entire in-game day to summon her again
- played once starting in mm6, then in mm7 (dark), now mm7 (light) and I've realized only now (tnx to Crusader_bin) that you can start the game with more than a single character (I just assumed it was a side effect of using the mm8 engine and never bothered to look at that gigantic "+-" in the party creation screen)

Possibly more that I'm missing... but more seriously, I stopped my first game in August and resumed playing around xmas, and the rate of bug fixing (finger of death etc) was unbelievable!

Unfortunately Rodril hasn't been here for months. In the meantime, we started our own Community Branch on GitLab. (check the README)
https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge


Yeah, he seems to work in bursts and then he needs time to recover from what I've seen.
Isn't that repo where you guys carry out all kinds of crazy experiments?

Kinda. It's the repo where we fix the bugs that Rodril didn't fix, and also where we add toggle-able optional content. Check the README for more info.

Also anything WE (as the community) develop will first appear there.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Templayer
Devil
Devil
Posts: 1322
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Feb 2 2020, 16:05

FireandCake wrote:So I found one bug in the Monolith in Silver Cove the room with the water beasts did not spawn the fountain that you need to click to proceed to the next room.

Also even though I was invisible Castle Gryphonheart in Erathia turned hostile which is making it hard to proceed as the throne room is now locked is there a way of force reseting the map?

Thanks for the mod

You have been added to the Bug Catchers section on the Credits Tracker.
The first thing has been added to the Bug Tracker and to the Community Branch Issue - https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/issues/42

There is probably some map variable that can be switched to open those doors, so you should be able to open those doors with a console command. Also a save file would be really nice. :P

cthscr wrote:*THUD*

Maybe you could find that for this guy? (getting him a console command that will change the map variable for that)

The second thing might not be a bug. Isn't that normal behavior? I remember enemies always turning hostile if you enter a "turn hostile" area, even if you are invisible. There is probably some console command for resetting the map, or you can wait a year and it should reset itself (or half a year, or two years, it is different for some maps).

Just in case, since you are new here, the Tracker (or at this point it should be renamed to manual... but we will have actual manuals eventually, so maybe it shouldn't) has a LOT of information. Including optional modifications, like the Unlocker that allows you to play as any race/class combination on any continent, etc. It's in my signature.
⇩⇩⇩
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Templayer
Devil
Devil
Posts: 1322
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Feb 2 2020, 16:20

joanthedark wrote:
Rodril wrote:Possible contributions if someone would:
2. Repainting mm6/7 armors to fit mm8 dolls.


Good day, I know this one is not yet implemented but in case you guys are not aware I wanted to let you know that mm6 armors are still present in the game (other than database) and can be looted from barrels:

Image

This specific barrel is in the Caves of the Dragon Riders (Enroth continent)

And when you equip it:

Image

It would be better if these barrels exclusively dropped the mm8 armors in the game's current state instead, at least until the mm6/7 armor repainting is finished.

You have been added to the Credits Tracker as a Bug Catcher.
Bug has been added to the Bug Tracker and as a Community Branch Issue - https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/issues/43

The armour DOES appear to be repainted at the paperdoll - this seems to actually be the issue with armour placement rather than the game spawning non-repainted armours. How much did you actually check the "database"? Where? Also I think the same armour you had there has been reported as having wrong coordinates on the paperdoll.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Templayer
Devil
Devil
Posts: 1322
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Feb 2 2020, 16:42

GrayFace wrote:
Templayer wrote:How to record a 1440p resolution Merge at 30 (and more) FPS with zero quality loss? I have been trying to do that for months now, with no avail.

I use OBS with UT video codec for almost lossless recording. Almost because it still turns #f8f8ff into #f9f8ff for example. UT is super fast, but it consumes ridiculous amount of space. Also, OBS can sometimes stop recording sound (not during a recording, but rather at some point of running in the background) and using ffmpeg output caused it to crash often when starting a recording on my old PC.
Here are my settings:
Image
Image

Templayer wrote:My specs are decent. FX 8350 CPU (4 GHz per core, one thread per core, 8 physical cores), GTX Titan X 12 GB GPU, 24 GB RAM, Operating system located on an SSD, and the drive the files are saved to is another SSD.

Beastly specs! Though, CPU is not beastly and lossless encoding is done on it.

kkkender wrote:1. Game crashes on selecting mm6/7 UIs (maybe depends on UI chosen on start, I had 8th).Also crashes when using dimensional door with "UI depends on continent" setting. The error message is "Excepcion ELayout exception in module MM8Patch.dll at 000642F3. UI Layout, line 60: Negative coordinate: (53, -21 .. 106, 31)."

Please send me the UI.txt and patch.UI.txt from Data just to make sure.

Glad to have you back!

I gave upon OBS, as it is a glitchy piece of crap. I eventually found the culprit (I think) and I can finally record the Merge.
The culprit was something really, really obtuse - the slot's speed. I have that GTX Titan X in a PCI Express 2.0 8x, and this causes issues for recording the visual output, as long as it has to go back through that output (yeah, it sounds ridiculous, I know. It took me months to figure it out). Only dxtory and Mirillis Action! are capable of getting around it (dxtory acquires data from the surface memory buffer, and I have a suspicion that Action! does something like that as well). Dxtory doesn't work with the Merge, but Mirillis Action! does. It's basically as if Bandicam and OBS had a child that is actually better than both. Not only I can record in near lossless quality now, I can record in that AND stream a lower quality version. **** OBS!

Here's a Community Branch Issue for that patch.UI.txt thing - https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/issues/44
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Templayer
Devil
Devil
Posts: 1322
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Templayer » Feb 2 2020, 16:59

goober wrote:
Templayer wrote:
alekssandros wrote:
I wasnt in turn based mode :(

now I save it before transporting and I used lloys beacon

Oh. Are you sure? If you are, could you write down a detailed report for me to add to the Bug Tracker? We need to differentiate it from the turn-based one. :tsup:


This also happened to me. Used Town Portal out of Elric's dungeon outside of Free Haven, lost all my reputation. Was not in turn-based.

Is there a console command to get it back? Thanks.

goober wrote:These are the conditions when it happened:
- was inside a dungeon
- just started the game and loaded a save file
- used Lloyd's Beacon or Town Portal to go elsewhere.

Attempted to reproduce it after a re-load, didn't work.



I actually think the reputation doesn't work the right way in dungeons, as it is not saved properly - something like that has already been reported once, I think.
Try these steps:
1. Get into a dungeon with a party that has a reputation there.
2. Save into a new slot.
3. Load a savegame with 0 reputation (for example new game)
4. Load the save in the dungeon.
5. GTFO using spells.

Tell us the results. It might be something like that, I don't know. There is something screwy going on there.

goober has been added to the Bug Catchers' section on the Credits Tracker.
Bug has been added to the Bug Tracker and into the Community Branch Issues - https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/issues/45
Last edited by Templayer on Feb 2 2020, 17:01, edited 1 time in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Templayer
Devil
Devil
Posts: 1322
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Feb 2 2020, 17:04

Jezebeth Noir wrote:
Templayer wrote:Image
BTW this feature doesn't work in russian version.

Image

As cthscr has said, are you in the Community Branch? All further changes will be done there, we do not have the access to Rodril's first post, etc. So until (maybe never) Rodril releases a new version, we are on our own. So that is why the Community Branch exists.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Templayer
Devil
Devil
Posts: 1322
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Feb 2 2020, 17:38

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote:@All

GDSpectra / Spectral Dragon's links are broken.

She has been notified and is fixing it.

(she is the one making new paperdolls and animated portraits, like Minotaur Liches, Troll Zombies, Dracoliches, the Black Dragons,... check the Tracker in my signature, and check the Paint Tracker in the Index for characters if you do not know about this ... and also the Content Implementation Queue for stuff that is finished, but isn't in-game yet)

Links should be up and working again (except the 2 Google Drive links, those are/should be still up). Sta.sh is being a stupid dumb siht nowadays in only allowing ones with a dA account to be able to download them, so I swap them to Ulož.to ones. Feel free to get them off and keep those stuff (MM6 helmets, including ones for Minotaurs, and new characters/additions to the Merge, even if according to new messages it˙s a downright MESS ^^; ) on your own website too, as well as link them in CIQ.

Thank you!
And f*ck stash! xD
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Templayer
Devil
Devil
Posts: 1322
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Feb 2 2020, 19:51

FireandCake wrote:So I found one bug in the Monolith in Silver Cove the room with the water beasts did not spawn the fountain that you need to click to proceed to the next room.

PS: Also a savegame would be great.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Templayer
Devil
Devil
Posts: 1322
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Feb 2 2020, 21:26

Templayer wrote:
eilacomeva wrote:
Templayer wrote:That's probably a bug. I'm going to add it to the Bug Tracker.

I checked in localizedtables.txt, and...
"NPCText 1679 Your kind cannot become %s. Sorry."

==>
if not CheckRace(ClassId) then
Message(string.format(Game.NPCText[1679], Game.ClassNames[ClassId]))
return
end

You can have goblin archers in mm7 (just verified), while here it's not available even at character creation;
either he botched the class/race table in CheckRace or he meant to be that way -- fine by me if that is the case, so long as it's documented somewhere.


Templayer wrote:Also was it you that fixed hundreds of typos on the Tracker anonymously?

I had to apply those suggested edits one by excruciating one, because GoogleDocs kinda suck. :D :D :D :D

But thanks, it is appreciated. If it was you.


Ehm, yes, it was me, not sure what is in my head but I would correct https://old.reddit.com/r/microsoft/comm ... x_to_edge/ if I could :D

Sorry about the wasted time - I've never created a document with googledocs, so I just assumed it worked kinda like wikipedia (everything is just published, you can see history and revert bad edits if needed).

Added to the Bug Tracker and also to the Community Branch Issues - https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/issues/41

It's OK that you fixed those typos, but oh well, GoogleDocs should have some FASTER way of accepting those changes.

The bug has been fixed by cthscr.
You can either download the Community Branch of the Merge, or the Base Merge branch with fixes.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

cthscr
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 59
Joined: 12 Jan 2020

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby cthscr » Feb 2 2020, 21:44

Templayer wrote:are you in the Community Branch? All further changes will be done there, we do not have the access to Rodril's first post, etc. So until (maybe never) Rodril releases a new version, we are on our own. So that is why the Community Branch exists.

To make it clear:

joanthedark
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 37
Joined: 27 May 2017

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby joanthedark » Feb 3 2020, 2:58

Templayer wrote:The armour DOES appear to be repainted at the paperdoll - this seems to actually be the issue with armour placement rather than the game spawning non-repainted armours.

I believe that is the case, because after those screenshots I continued playing and found 2 relics which share the same art as the Golden Plate Armor, and they are placed correctly:
Image

And here's the other one (same color pallete as a regular Golden Plate Armor):
Image

The regular again, this time identified:
Image

I also found a Chain Relic and this one is also placed where it should be:
Image

So the wrong placement seems to be with non-relic armors only, I assumed this was a known case because Enroth chests and monsters do not drop mm6 leathers/chains/plates (same for unique places like Snergle's Caverns Waterfall that could also drop Golden Plate Armors), so when I got it from a barrel I was surprised, and of course even more surprised when I equipped it.

Templayer wrote:How much did you actually check the "database"? Where?

Apologies, database wasn't the best word to use, I meant something more along the lines of "gamefiles", but this was just an assumption on my part because I imagined the merge mod includes the gamefiles for all the mm6/mm7 items.

Templayer wrote:Also I think the same armour you had there has been reported as having wrong coordinates on the paperdoll.

Unfortunately I do not have an editor to make mm6 leathers, chains (to compare with Galahad) or the lower plate armors (not golden) appear inside the merge mod to check if this is the only piece with wrong placement coordinates, so what I did was to respawn the whole dungeon and save/reload in the same barrel location, to see if I could get anything different:
Image

But in the 20+ tries I only got the same piece everytime (with different magic properties when it was identified), meaning this is literally the only item that can be looted from here. Maybe the reason why this piece of armor has been reported before is because it's the only mm6 armor currently spawnable inside the merge mod.
Last edited by joanthedark on Feb 3 2020, 3:09, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Templayer
Devil
Devil
Posts: 1322
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Feb 3 2020, 18:15

joanthedark wrote:
Templayer wrote:How much did you actually check the "database"? Where?

Apologies, database wasn't the best word to use, I meant something more along the lines of "gamefiles", but this was just an assumption on my part because I imagined the merge mod includes the gamefiles for all the mm6/mm7 items.

Ah, this explains everything. Did you read the Merge "Manual"? It is in my signature - the Tracker. It also has a Paint Tracker inside, which tracks which equipment has been repainted for all paperdolls (and thus is available). Give it a few minutes to load in a background browser tab though, that thing grew out of proportions.... :D :D
joanthedark wrote:
Templayer wrote:Also I think the same armour you had there has been reported as having wrong coordinates on the paperdoll.

Unfortunately I do not have an editor to make mm6 leathers, chains (to compare with Galahad) or the lower plate armors (not golden) appear inside the merge mod to check if this is the only piece with wrong placement coordinates

You can just open the console and give yourself the armors. I did that once. Or you can use the Cheat Engine for the Merge. That one is even capable of adding items straight into your in-game mouse cursor. :D (it's on the Tracker...)

And also check the Issue -> https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/issues/43

The Tracker is in my signature down here :down: :down: :down:
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Templayer
Devil
Devil
Posts: 1322
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Feb 4 2020, 6:34

Templayer wrote:
joanthedark wrote:
Templayer wrote:Also I think the same armour you had there has been reported as having wrong coordinates on the paperdoll.

Unfortunately I do not have an editor to make mm6 leathers, chains (to compare with Galahad) or the lower plate armors (not golden) appear inside the merge mod to check if this is the only piece with wrong placement coordinates

You can just open the console and give yourself the armors. I did that once. Or you can use the Cheat Engine for the Merge. That one is even capable of adding items straight into your in-game mouse cursor. :D (it's on the Tracker...)

And also check the Issue -> https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/issues/43

The Tracker is in my signature down here :down: :down: :down:


cthscr commented:

To get this armor from Debug Console:

> evt[0].Add{"Inventory", 1680}

You can open the console by F1. Or was it ~ (tilde)? Maybe a combination of shift and one of those.
A testament to my bad memory this is.
Image
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer


Return to “Might and Magic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests