Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Unread postby Xfing » 21 Nov 2019, 06:46

That dragon sure looks good! I do need to get back to writing that quest dialogue >_> kinda got tangled up in other stuff

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 21 Nov 2019, 09:49

Xfing wrote:That dragon sure looks good! I do need to get back to writing that quest dialogue >_> kinda got tangled up in other stuff
That´s why this dragon was taking so long to do in first place; got the exact same thing happening on my side, so I don´t blame you at all. :tongue: :D
Yes?

Dess
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dess » 21 Nov 2019, 14:53

In my latest playthrough I found a couple of bugs with quest items not spawning in:

*The vase in lord Markhams manor in tatalia
*The dragon egg for the warlock promotion quest

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 21 Nov 2019, 18:03

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote:Beautiful!
Now if I use my voice to voice the black dragon (and apply an algorithm based on trying to simulate whatever filter was used on the current dragon voices, since those are edited by the game's devs in some manner or form), and I give you some directions (i.e. what should each sound clip be for), would you be willing to record just a few voice samples (like 5 voice clips) that I would modify ("dragonify"? :D) for the Golden Dragon? It could be fun. And if the results are good (and you are probably going to say "nah, I am not good enough for that", but I have yet to hear your voice :D ), we could do the rest for the English version and then eventually other languages?

If you have low quality microphones, I should be able to remove noise. If there isn't too much of it. If it will be drowned in noise, then removing it will actually "malform" the voice, which won't matter that much, since we are going to apply an algorithm to it that partially reverberates the sound wave, which should mitigate the wave deformation.

What I am trying to say is .... that you are out of excuses! :D :D :D
That's what you think. My answer is still "no" and I have perfect valid reasons than just being trash at VA as well as having trash microphones. :devious:
1, I'm a she, thus my voice naturally doesn't suit dragons; 2, I'm currently in the active process of getting myself into a qualification school, which means there's a real possibility of having a job by the end of next year, thus even less time to be here; 3, I'm more keen in doing images anyways, not sound files; 4, there are still some characters that are missing that will be exclusive for you; 5, I don't have any idea how to speak the main localized languages here (Russian, French, Polish, Spanish), thus no possibility in doing localized voice files at all.

Sorry, but all you'll get from me are images. Nothing more, nothing less.
:cry:

Welp, I am not going to use my voice to make more than one voice-set, so...
anybody else?
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Thonkerton
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Thonkerton » 21 Nov 2019, 20:21

I can give it a go if provided lines to say.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 21 Nov 2019, 20:52

Dess wrote:In my latest playthrough I found a couple of bugs with quest items not spawning in:

*The vase in lord Markhams manor in tatalia
*The dragon egg for the warlock promotion quest
Added to the Bug Tracker.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 21 Nov 2019, 20:56

Thonkerton wrote:I can give it a go if provided lines to say.
Hmmmmmm.

So telling you: "now record a line after a golden dragon kills an enemy" wouldn't be enough? I would have to design them?

Well, I am going to do the black dragon after the Complex Name Generator and Czech language correction, so that is like an year in ETA. Maybe less, maybe more, I have no idea how many things will have to be fixed for the Czech language. (as Rodril has said he used google translator for some stuff, and Google Translator produces gibberish when used between Czech and English.)

It is too bad that GDSpectra / SpectralDragon won't do it.
Glux, the Golden Dragon from Gooka 1 was voiced by a woman with a filter applied, and it still gives me the chills.

Glux had no gender and ... wore plate armour. Also having thumbs are somewhat of a peculiarity for a dragon.

Such a cool character.
Last edited by Templayer on 21 Nov 2019, 21:02, edited 3 times in total.

Thonkerton
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Thonkerton » 21 Nov 2019, 21:23

Templayer wrote:
Thonkerton wrote:I can give it a go if provided lines to say.
Hmmmmmm.

So telling you: "now record a line after a golden dragon kills an enemy" wouldn't be enough? I would have to design them?
Ideally the situation and line but I can work with less, it'll just take a bit longer to do. Another good resource would be to have some list of what the other characters say or examples. The list of what other characters say would be quite a bit of work to do but it might help in future for other voice work.

Dess
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dess » 22 Nov 2019, 10:46

Started a whole new playthrough and same thing there, no vase in Tatalia and no egg for the warlock poromotion. Can anyone confirm it happens in their games as well or if I dont have the files installed properly.

Alternatively does anyone know if I can spawn in those items with the console?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 22 Nov 2019, 17:50

Dess wrote:Started a whole new playthrough and same thing there, no vase in Tatalia and no egg for the warlock poromotion. Can anyone confirm it happens in their games as well or if I dont have the files installed properly.

Alternatively does anyone know if I can spawn in those items with the console?
Look, if Rodril can give out people console commands to change various quest states, I am sure that can be done.

Unless those items cannot be spawn instead of only not being spawned - if there is anything wrong with them, they might be unusable.

Google up GrayFace's site for M&M console help, find a command that spawns items and then you have to find the index of said item, I forgot where those are.

Very much doable.

I would try to find the command (it's probably in one of my text files with notes, actually) and the index for those items, but this week I am seriously overworked (I have coded for 10 -12 hours every SINGLE day this week, so I refuse to do anything that is barely akin to it :D :D :D).

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 22 Nov 2019, 19:30

Nice job on that Gold Dragon, SpectralDragon. Looks good. :tsup:

plookey78
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby plookey78 » 23 Nov 2019, 13:14

is it possible to get blood splats and weapon enchant effects in software mode like in mm6?

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 23 Nov 2019, 17:33

Shouldn't Goblins be an available race if you start in Enroth?
Last edited by Macros the Black on 23 Nov 2019, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

candida
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby candida » 23 Nov 2019, 17:41

My bug list after finishing the game in Antagarich and Jadame (I did not go to Enroth yet):

I’ve divided the bugs and” not a bug, but’s” into different categories:

A Level – Some blocking point that prevents the player from completing a quest, preferably to be fixed with priority, in bold
B Level – Not a blocking point, but forces the player to adjust his way of playing abnormally to be able to proceed or any significant mistake that is not in line with the game course
C Level – Just annoying little things, such as typing mistakes, bad texture, wrong dialogue, wrong music etc.
D Level – Not a bug, but, it could be better and very easy to change
V – Vanilla bug, was already present in original games

Luckily, there are just a few A and B level bugs I've found so far.

Everywhere, not map-related:

• Reputation system does not seem to work as it supposed to be (In Antagarich, it does, in Jadame, not really). (A and V)?
• Returning to Emerald Island is not possible once the party leaves (V, A).
• No “I’ve got it, or I’ve disarmed it" sound when the chest is disarmed, reaction only if the chest explodes (C).
• When I try to change the interface, game crashes (fine as long as I stay with the MM8 interface), I lost my save because of that. (A)
• Donating in temple (just 10 golds) automatically gives Hour of Power, I tried the same in Dagger Wound Islands, result is the same. (B)
• Not a bug, but a big difficulty: If you didn't learn Staff in Emerald Island, there is NO single shop to learn the Staff skill (except Celeste and Pit). Would it make sense to add it at least in Pierpont or Avlee or make it possible to go to Emerald Island? (D)
• History book tells the story of MM8 even if you start in Enroth or Antagarich (C)
• Connector cube (to talk with Verdant) is still empty after 6 weeks of training, but full after 8h of sleeping (B)
• Right click on Intellect or Personality in stats gives wrong info (Character is a Human Ranger, but explanation is for Dark Elf, Cleric, Necromancer, etc.) (C)
• Stalt-laced ore cannot be sold because the price is 0, but the others can (because they have values) (C)
• Monster bolstering is not working correctly: Many monsters grow beyond the logic (like goblins or skeletons), but the big ones like titans or dragons remain at the same level. Another case is that hatchlings or young dragons become stronger than flightleaders or great wyrms (B)
• Music repeat in ini file works for MM8, but not for MM7 or 6, very strange (C)
• “Name” of the buildings not visible (e.g. “Stormlance residence, Torrent’s, etc.) when you hover the cursor over the building in Jadame, in Antagarich it works (C).
• Pure Speed Black Potion cannot be drunk (characters always reject it) (B).
• Many chests have different contents when you open and close them (by the 2nd opening, 99% there is one more item, even the artifacts/relics come twice (B).
• Vanilla bug: Fly magic has an upper limit and does not go further from a certain limit, but characters can climb or “jump” (B).
• Evil staff (Ethric) can be used even though the party is celeste-aligned (B).
• Not a bug, but: It is not visible which side the party choses (unlike MM7 screen) (D).
• Druid constantly has active preservation spell (1 min), but it never fades away (C).
• In the history book, both Clerics and Necromancers join the alliance (there should be only one side depending on the choice of the player). It always states that Dragons join the alliance even if the party sides with the Dragon Hunters (C).
• Not a bug, but: Many shop owners do not say “thank you, nice business, come back” in MM8, MM7 ones are way more talkative (D).
• Space button /left click on chests can be improved, depending on the case, only one of them works (C)

Harmondale:
• There is no sound while walking on snow in Harmondale hills (on dirt, grass and water there is) (C).
• Peryn Lightfingers (stealing expert) dialogue is wrong (he refuses to join the alliance instead of teaching) (C).
• After 2-year re-spawn, Hairbaugh reanimates (should not be) and gives the same message, he should not re-spawn (C).
• After returning to Harmondale from Castle Lambent (thus finishing MM7), Verdant suddenly appears and gives you a ring. But this ring copies itself when you pass it from one character’s inventory to another’s, so you can get 5 of it. (B).

Erathia:
• Pedestal sounds do not work sometimes (both Heroism and Day of the Gods) (C).
• When entering bandit caves, the screen is wrong (no cave, only black and with the message "do you want to leave Erathia?) (C).
• When NPC pictures are visible, double click on spells in an open spell book does not work, it switches to the NPC dialogue (C).
• Relic found in the chest next to the Obelisk in Erathia (is it intentional?) (B)?
• Ore masters do not start with the best ore available, but the first one in the inventory (C).
• Reagents pop up everywhere, even on the roof of town hall (C).

Barrow Downs & Stone City:
• Pedestals have no sounds (not all the time, same as in Erathia) (C)
• Haunted mansion screen does not show up (only do you want to leave barrow downs) At the lowest level of Stone City (just before tunnels to Nighon), right wall has mismatch (X:-7318, Y:6570) (C)

Tularean Forest:
• Once I got the bounty hunt mission, Archer suddenly appeared in Tulerean Forest itself, is this intentional? (B)
• Traveling to Bracada Desert takes only 1 day (instead of 6 days), for such a long distance (see Antagarich map), 6 days would be more appropriate, also 1 vessel to Emerald Island would be nice (C)
• Hunter mission is still clickable after completing (C).
• People in town do not move (even when you yell at them) (C).

Tatalia:
• Adventurer’s Inn not visible on the map (C)
• Wromtrax the Hearthless dialogue is incorrect after killing him (C)
• No snow sound (C).
• You are drowning message missing when in water (C).
• When the party prays on the Druid circle, only 4 out of 5 smile (MM7 engine bug, I think) (C).

Deyja:
• No rough terrain sound (C).
• Priest quest does not go away after completion (C).

Avlee:
• People in town do not move (even when you yell at them) (C).
• Warrior Mage quest is still clickable after completing (C).
• I accidentally sold my knight statuette” (quest item) and cannot get it back from the arbiter, is it intentional that quest items as well as genie laps can be sold now? (A)
• In Titan’s Stronghold, Titan gives more gold than Storm Titan (V).

Bracada Desert:
• Music in School of Sorcery is wrong (Harmondale music instead of Stone City) (C).
• Wizard quest still clickable (same as above) (C).
• No rough terrain sound (C).
• Golem NPC picture remains although the “full” golem is already in Harmondale (C).

Nighon:
• Thunderfist Mountain entrance picture is different and of low quality (C).
• Warlocks attack civilians without any reason from time to time (and they stop & start again) (C).
• Probably not a bug, but: Some warlocks are hostile, the ones in the town are not. When the party attack hostile ones, the ones in town become also hostile (maybe a better idea to make them all friendly?) (D).
• Important bug: Warlock quest is available for light side (trainer does not reject, and quest is visible in the quest list) (B).
• You can complete Warlock quest as Arch Druid the response is still “you are promoted to Warlock” (B).
• You can feed baby dragon forever, nothing happens (B).
• Not a bug, but: Rocs and Thunderbirds should cast lightning bolt etc. like in Plane of Air (D).

The Pit:
• Entrance screen for Tolberti’s house is wrong (just saying “do you want to leave the pit?) (C).
• Goblin Male peasants have no pictures when right-click (C).

Celeste:
• Blaster info is wrong when you talk with Robert The Wise or Resurectra (C).
• Vanilla bug: It is never night at Celeste (the sun rises and sets just like anywhere else, but it is not visible in the sky) (V).
• Angel lord guards do not have “heads” when you talk to them (no picture in the top right) (C).
• Resurrectra still demands oscillation overthruster, so does Judge in Harmondale and Verdant, but Verdant stops giving that hint once you return to Harmondale. No score screen pops up and no MM7 story & history in the book (C).

Land of The Giants:
• Mega Dragon is not “bigger” or stronger than any average Red Dragon and has blaster attack (C).
• Great Wyrm is weaker than Red Dragon, doesn't make any sense (C).

Shoals:
• When the party crosses from Avlee to the Shoals, no “it takes 1 day to cross” screen. Because it does not take 1 day, all the spells are still active. Other way around, it takes 1 day to return to Avlee (C).
• It is not possible to cast spells underwater, BUT it is possible to cast quick spells! Potions can be drunk as well (B).
• It is possible to leave Lincoln without Wetsuits and characters do not drown (they have their armor on, but still the snorkel picture). They start drowning once they cross to Avlee. It should not be possible to leave Lincoln without suits or only Town Portal (A).
• Not a bug, but: There are strange items in Lincoln like armor, spear, etc. Should be only blaster IMO (D).

All Jadame:
• You can go through the peasants (C).

Dagger Wound Islands:
• In Plane of Earth, Greater Earth Elemental spells do not work (they never cast mass distortion although according to the data, there should be 40% chance), probably Vanilla bug (V, B).
• Lesser Earth Elemental casts blades at Level 9 Master while Earth elemental casts rock blast at Level 5 Master, also Vanilla bug, I think (V, B).
• Meteor Showers do not stop after destroying the crystal (C).
• Peasants still talk about the volcano after the crystal was destroyed (C).

Ravenshore:
• In Smuggler’s Cove, between the crates, there is a “sticky” area, once you enter there accidentally, you can never get out. Coordinates:X=-9404, Y=-10533 (A)
• No sound on mountains (on grey terrain also in Alvar) (C).
• Not a bug, but: No male peasants (D)
• In Adventurers’ Inn, characters have “weak” faces” (C).
• Not a bug, but: Sleeping in Merchant house should cost 0 food, similar to Castle Harmondale IMO (D).
• After forming alliance, Deftclaw Redreaver requests to get the “Snake” from Charles Quixote’s castle. When you bring it, nothing happens. B).
• Not a bug, but can be used for something else: There are two magicians next to each other, what is the purpose? Also two taverns (I think one tavern should be in Baltazar’s Lair) (D).
• In the first magician shop, female magician speaks, but the character is male (C).

Alvar:
• Not a bug, but an easy correction: No guards or female peasants in such a large city (D).
• Bastian Loudrin in merchant house is not visible, only two Dark Elf ladies are working (C).
• Bastian still tells you to go to the merchant house after destroying the crystal (C).

Garrote Gorge:
• Dragons have no pictures when you talk to them (in the right top) (C).
• Not a bug, but: Adding some peasants would be nice (D).

Murmurwoods:
• Classic Vanilla bug: Cauri Blackthorne disappears if the party accidentally does not accept her to join (promotion happens, though) (V, B).
• Greater Air Elementals do nothing, no shield no implosion, same bug as Greater Earth Elemental (B).

Shadowspire:
• Not a bug, but: Shouldn’t opening hours be inverted like in the Pit and Deyja (6PM to 6AM)? (D).
• Not a bug, but: Only female peasants roaming, maybe adding some male peasants (D).

Ironsand Desert:
• Troll promotion quest message is wrong: Volog Sandwind says you are promoted to Minotaur Lord (C).
• No sound on sand (C).
• Not a bug, but: Not clear whether trolls are male or female (D).
• Walking on the fire lake should burn, not drown the characters, water walk should not work on it (C).

Regna:
• Not a bug, but: Peasants are like “shipwreck survivors”, does not really make a lot of sense for such a rich town, especially if they say “we gonna conquer dagger wound and ravenshore”, they look like captives, not like real regnan people (D).
• Not a bug, but: No guards in the city, there should be some “civilized” guards IMO (D).
• Regnan Crossbowman is a WOMAN, maybe it’s better to change the name to archer, etc. (C).
• Some houses have minotaur statues inside, what is the link between pirates and minotaurs? All the other houses have snake features, so minotaur features might be misplaced (C).
• Verdant pops up inside the magic shop in Regna, is this intentional or a bug? She is still there after sinking the Regnan navy and does not go away (C).
• Artifact “Last State Cuiras” gives -20 spirit resistance, but in the game, there is no spirit resistance at all: No stats, no items that give spirit resistance + no protection spell for spirit attacks, only creatures have spirit resistance, not the party (B).
• When you come back to One-Eye to tell that you found the chest of Stanley, nothing happens (B).

Ravage Roaming:
• Although all ingredients are available, Galvinus does not accept them, so Pure Accuracy quest does not pop up in quest notebook (B).
• The cutlass “Judicious Measure” from the Dread Pirate’s Stanley’s Chest is OGRE slaying, not troll as in the description (I think there is a confusion in the game between trolls and ogres or it is unclear) (C).
• Ogres still tell the same “No visitors from Balthazar’s Lair after re-opening the underground city (C).
• Masul is still in the throne room although he joins the alliance anyway (C).
• Not a bug, but: Characters can enter Plane of Water normally (no drowning, no wetsuit, etc.) although it is basically no different from the Shoals. Water breathing, or wetsuits can be made mandatory to enter? (D).

Plane Between Planes:
• No music in Escaton’s Palace (C).
• Music faulty (constantly switching between the original main menu and plane between planes track) (C).
• Fear, Terror and Nightmare have immunity against Acid Burst, but all other Water spells hit (they have 0 immunity against magic according to right-click info) (C).
• Fear, Terror and Nightmare have Gorgon sounds (C).
Plane Protectors are simply (ancient) Behemoths and cast sunray indoors (should not be able to cast sunray indoors according to light magic book) (B).
• The weakest Plane Protector gives the most gold (C).

All Planes:
• Elementals are still hostile after destroying the crystal (C).
• Dialogue with resident elementals are still the same (talking about madness) although there is no destroyer anymore (C).
Last edited by candida on 24 Nov 2019, 10:30, edited 3 times in total.

Thonkerton
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Thonkerton » 23 Nov 2019, 20:25

• Reputation system does not seem to work as it supposed to be (In Antagarich, it does, in Jadame, not really). (A and V)?
It's just been changed AFAIK
• Many chests have different contents when you open and close them (by the 2nd opening, 99% there is one more item, even the artifacts/relics come twice (B).
It's not different contents, if the generated loot is too big to fit the chest, it remains in limbo until you empty space for it and reopen the chest.

• Vanilla bug: Fly magic has an upper limit and does not go further from a certain limit, but characters can climb or “jump” (B).
Arguably not a bug, many end game places seem designed specifically around this fact.

Did you try wielding it with Lich or Arch Mage?

• Druid constantly has active preservation spell (1 min), but it never fades away (C).
Is the Druid wielding Ring of Spirit or similar semiartifact? Some of them grant buffs like that.

• Peryn Lightfingers (stealing expert) dialogue is wrong (he refuses to join the alliance instead of teaching) (C).
Happens with random people, not just Peryn.

• Once I got the bounty hunt mission, Archer suddenly appeared in Tulerean Forest itself, is this intentional? (B)
Intended behavior, it spawns the monster you need to hunt somewhere in the region.

• In Plane of Earth, Greater Earth Elemental spells do not work (they never cast mass distortion although according to the data, there should be 40% chance), probably Vanilla bug (V, B).
• Lesser Earth Elemental casts blades at Level 9 Master while Earth elemental casts rock blast at Level 5 Master, also Vanilla bug, I think (V, B).

Earth Elementals also seem to have some special spells that deal physical rather than Earth type, making earth resistance pretty pointless and all my casters habitually dead.

• Not a bug, but can be used for something else: There are two magicians next to each other, what is the purpose? Also two taverns (I think one tavern should be in Baltazar’s Lair) (D).
I think the general idea is not to change vanilla stuff if it's not related to merge or fixing an obvious bug. I personally like having the 2 magicians next to each other.

• Not a bug, but: Shouldn’t opening hours be inverted like in the Pit and Deyja (6PM to 6AM)? (D).
I'd hope not.

• Not a bug, but: This city should have town portal access IMO (Shadowspire) (D).
It does.

• Verdant pops up inside the magic shop in Regna, is this intentional or a bug? She is still there after sinking the Regnan navy and does not go away (C).
Intended behavior.

• Not a bug, but: Characters can enter Plane of Water normally (no drowning, no wetsuit, etc.) although it is basically no different from the Shoals. Water breathing, or wetsuits can be made mandatory to enter? (D).
All the planes are pretty hazardous environments, I personally wouldn't like having to deal with wetsuits.
Last edited by Thonkerton on 23 Nov 2019, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.

candida
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby candida » 23 Nov 2019, 21:38

Thonkerton wrote:• Reputation system does not seem to work as it supposed to be (In Antagarich, it does, in Jadame, not really). (A and V)?
It's just been changed AFAIK

No, it still doesn't work, especially its effect on the temple donation, IMO one of the priorities when Rodril re-appears.

It's not different contents, if the generated loot is too big to fit the chest, it remains in limbo until you empty space for it and reopen the chest.

This wasn't the case in Vanilla and I'm not sure if it's intended, maybe yes maybe no, in any case very strange. If it fits, it sits, if it doesn't, it doesn't

Arguably not a bug, many end game places seem designed specifically around this fact.

OK, but if you can reach somewhere by walking, why not by flying? Either it's accessible or it is not?

Did you try wielding it with Lich or Arch Mage?

Master Monk, I never use Sorcerer or Necromancer.

Is the Druid wielding Ring of Spirit or similar semiartifact? Some of them grant buffs like that.

No

Intended behavior, it spawns the monster you need to hunt somewhere in the region.

No, it should not spawn INSIDE the city, but somewhere in the map, see bug tracker and Rodril's notes.

Earth Elementals also seem to have some special spells that deal physical rather than Earth type, making earth resistance pretty pointless and all my casters habitually dead.

Currently, Greater Earth Elemental is 10X easier to kill than Earth Elemental as its attack is without any heavy spell like Rock Blast.

I think the general idea is not to change vanilla stuff if it's not related to merge or fixing an obvious bug. I personally like having the 2 magicians next to each other.

I'm pretty sure it was due to the rush of developer of NWCs and was overlooked, there is nowhere in 3 continents where you have 2 identical shops next to each other

I'd hope not.

Although the inhabitants cannot walk around when there is sunshine?

• Not a bug, but: This city should have town portal access IMO (Shadowspire) (D).
It does.

No, it doesn't. Only Balthazar Lair, Alvar, Ravenshore, Regna and Dagger Wound have

Intended behavior.

Why and how?

All the planes are pretty hazardous environments, I personally wouldn't like having to deal with wetsuits.

isn't it strange to be able to float inside the water, especially if you need them in Shoal, but not in POW, basically both are inside water. Now for merge, I think there is nothing wrong to align the rules of the game

Thonkerton
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Thonkerton » 23 Nov 2019, 21:48

https://youtu.be/9okFHYhR-IU
Don't know what to say, I can town portal to Shadowspire just fine.

Jezebeth Noir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jezebeth Noir » 24 Nov 2019, 08:01

I like the idea about drowning in the plan of water. Now it's the easiest of all planes, it really needs some unique feature.

Axes looks extremely weak even with the last patch. How do you think, does it make sense to change it feature from breaking armour to chance to decapitate an enemy with one blow?

And once again about vampires. Don't you think it would be interestig to change vampirism from the ranged attack to vampirism buff on their unarmed attack?

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 24 Nov 2019, 09:21

SpectralDragon wrote:stuff
Aight, here goes. If you don't want this quest to be repeatable, those parts can of course be omitted:

After Tor Anwyn declines your Warlock quest due to you being on the Light path, another dialogue option appears with him: "Dragon"

TOR:

"Then again... as I said, I don't blame you for choosing the Light. I actually have taken quite a shine to you guys, and I've heard of your deeds. I might be able to help you after all, though perhaps not in the way expected. Ever wanted to have a dragon? Your own dragon? Taming these things is a pain, let me tell you, and requires months if not years of hard work. But if you raise one from a hatchling, it'll be attached to you, just like an animal or a person. See, I happen to know a spell that forces a dragon to hatch from its egg and to grow quickly afterwards. It's part of the Warlock familiar ritual, actually - though as we have already discussed, the ritual wouldn't take with you guys. You are too lacking in ambition and lust for power that the magic feeds off. But no harm done - just get a dragon egg here and I'll hatch it for you. You'll have to feed the little guy until he grows and can be of any help to you, mind you! First one is on the house - if you happen to want more, you'll have to compensate me for the service - it's quite an exhausting spell to perform after all! Oh, and the hard part is that those eggs can only be found in the dragon caves of the Land of Giants. Sorry for not mentioning it earlier - you'll have your work cut out for you, but it'll be worth it!"

UPON FAILURE:

"No luck yet? Can't blame you, not everyone can just waltz into a cave full of dragons and heartlessly steal their unborn offspring. I mean you guys are kind fellows after all, right? And it might be a bit tricky to do for other reasons too, like dragons being the most powerful magical beasts in the lands... Oh well, keep trying! Just come see me when you succeed."

UPON SUCCESS:

"You did it! Let me look at it! (Tor admires the egg from multiple angles before carefully laying it down on a table and delicately tapping it with his wand). There, that should do it! I swear, that easily took all the juice out of me! I'll need hours of bed rest after this! Anyway, here's your healthy little critter. Just feed him well and he'll grow into a self-sufficient beast soon enough! Oh, and he'll need a name too of course, though you can wait with that until he grows bigger."

UPON SUCCESS, MULTIPLE EGG TYPES IN POSSESSION:

"You've actually succeeded! And you've brought more than just one egg too! Let's take a look! (Tor examines your collection of dragon eggs, visibly impressed). There are several types of dragons for you to choose from. As we agreed, I can do only one of them right now, so tell me which one you want and I'll hatch him for ya."

Options appear based on how many types of eggs you have: "Green Dragon", "Gold Dragon", "Red Dragon", "Black Dragon".

UPON PRESSING ESCAPE (RECONSIDERING):

"I understand, you need to think about it. Well, take your time."

UPON CHOOSING:

"Very well, <chosen dragon type> it is! Now let's get down to business. (Tor takes an egg of the dragon color you chose and carefully sets it on his table, then taps it gently with his wand). There, that did it! He'll be out of the shell in no time at all! Take good care of the adorable little thing, will ya? And good luck on your journeys, my Lords! I need to take a rest, this spell always runs me ragged!"

UPON CLICKING "DRAGON" AGAIN:

"Alright, so about this compensation we talked about. 200,000 gold pieces will cover it, I suppose. We of the Warlock's Guild have our expenses and don't just do charity dragon hatching, mind you! And it goes without saying that you'll need to procure more eggs too, which I don't imagine will be to easy to do."

Afterwards it just loops to the previous dragon-hatching dialogues. Upon deciding, 200,000 is automatically deducted from the party's funds. If you don't have enough, Tor will just say:

"Sorry, that's not the amount we agreed upon. Please come back when you have the gold."

And that's pretty much it lol
Last edited by Xfing on 24 Nov 2019, 09:23, edited 1 time in total.

candida
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby candida » 24 Nov 2019, 10:04

Jezebeth Noir wrote:I like the idea about drowning in the plan of water. Now it's the easiest of all planes, it really needs some unique feature.

Axes looks extremely weak even with the last patch. How do you think, does it make sense to change it feature from breaking armour to chance to decapitate an enemy with one blow?

And once again about vampires. Don't you think it would be interestig to change vampirism from the ranged attack to vampirism buff on their unarmed attack?
Are you even aware of the fact that the axes inflict by far the highest damage of ALL weapons, especially two-hand versions?

Return to “Might and Magic”