Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Templayer
Genie
Genie
Posts: 1012
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Oct 4 2019, 13:40

DaveHer wrote:
Templayer wrote:
DaveHer wrote:@Templayer
Which way do you want the wizards hat on the troll Tilted, clock wise or counter clock wise?
David

To suit the troll head better - clockwise a bit.

EDIT: Since it isn't obvious to you, I visualized it. :P :D :D

Image

EDIT2: It should be tilted the same angle as the head itself is.

EDIT3: Unless they are supposed to wear it like Simon the Sorcerer does in his eponymous series. :D

Image

That's the way I did it in the first place but I need to check with you first. Spectraldragon is a witness to this and I do not like the implications of your statement (Since it isn't obvious to you) :disagree: You should check the facts first before making statements of that nature. I guess you do not want my help. That's find with me.
David Hernandez

I do not understand what you are talking about. I even made smileys to make sure it isn't meant in a bad way.
"That's the way I did it in the first place but I need to check with you first." - I do not understand.
Also I am not getting your help, SpectralDragon is.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Templayer
Genie
Genie
Posts: 1012
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Oct 4 2019, 13:44

SpectralDragon wrote:Ok, people, when it comes to optional characters that I'll work on in order to be able to be played in this mod, which one do you all wish to see in the game (and play as) sooner?

Troll Lich or Gold Dragon?

Well, I already needed the Troll Lich for the video and didn't have it, so... :D :D
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Xfing
Raider
Raider
Posts: 757
Joined: 04 Jul 2011

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Xfing » Oct 4 2019, 14:51

Gold dragon pls, troll liches are not really something I could even suspend my disbelief for 8|

User avatar
DaveHer
Scout
Scout
Posts: 199
Joined: 13 Mar 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby DaveHer » Oct 4 2019, 15:02

Your statement implies that I am an idiot and you went out of you way to put that statement there with "Edit". Obviously it is not obvious to you that it is an insult. 2. She is doing the painting and I was editing the files to position those hats on paper dolls which took me all morning to do. I tilt the hat clock wise before I asked the question.
David
Last edited by DaveHer on Oct 4 2019, 15:06, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Pol
Admin
Admin
Posts: 9034
Joined: 29 Nov 2005
Location: IN SOMNIS VERITAS
Contact:

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Pol » Oct 4 2019, 16:14

@Templayer
And there we come with that again. DaveHer is right, your remark is impolite, no number of smilies can fix that. And even worse, it shows that english is not as easy as you think, subtle art of wording is important! Compare: "Since it may not be obvious" vs "To help you I visualized it a bit" vs what you used.

I appreciate your enthusiasmus. And I'm glad that you are moving things here. But always remember to be gentle and nice and people will reward you back. Honor their work. Being impetuous doesn't pay back.

And fixing things with smilies, practically never work too. No, excuses also don't nail it. He helps you, as well as to SpectralDragon. But it was you speaking to him. Do you see it? English is pretty hard, you will never stop with learning it. This is true for any language or a subject of interest. Hopefully I pushed you in the right direction.
Last edited by Pol on Oct 4 2019, 16:24, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 490
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Oct 4 2019, 16:44

Templayer wrote:Also I am not getting your help, SpectralDragon is.

That's not true at all because it isn't just me that's getting DaveHer's help, it's all of us that wish to see this type of gear in the game/mod in the first place and with this you're implying you DON'T wish to see it in the mod, even if in your previous messages you were all too eager over them coming compared to myself or even Xfing. I'm very sorry for this, but DaveHer and Pol are right: this is utter disrespect (heck, the smilies have a taunting effect now that I'm reading all of this) of a fellow person's work (and he said he was doing this for the entire morning) and now, thanks to it, there will be no helms or crowns in the mod unless you apologize sincerely and without any mockery, which I honestly wish you to do asap if you wish to see what I've done when it comes to headgear come in the mod in the 1st place.

The other choice is that you do all the item tiering and paperdoll positioning of said helms and crowns yourself, which I bet you wouldn't like because it'll take all the time you would otherwise be able to use on your own optional mods and your free time included ... and due to how you say you're lazy this means there's still a chance we'll never get to see crowns and helms in this mod or any other mod in the future, so yeah.

Now I'm placing this choice into your hands. Choose wisely and I hope you don't make it worse for all of us, including myself. :(
Yes?

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 490
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Oct 4 2019, 16:50

Templayer wrote:
SpectralDragon wrote:Ok, people, when it comes to optional characters that I'll work on in order to be able to be played in this mod, which one do you all wish to see in the game (and play as) sooner?

Troll Lich or Gold Dragon?

Troll Lich.

Xfing wrote:
SpectralDragon wrote:Ok, people, when it comes to optional characters that I'll work on in order to be able to be played in this mod, which one do you all wish to see in the game (and play as) sooner?

Troll Lich or Gold Dragon?

Gold Dragon.


As for this, my fellow people, it's still going and it's currently a tie, so everything is still up in the air. I'm all glad to receive more feedback on what you all wish to see come to the mod/game first. :)
Last edited by SpectralDragon on Oct 4 2019, 16:55, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

raekuul
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 73
Joined: 05 Jul 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby raekuul » Oct 4 2019, 17:11

how about a Gold Lich and a Troll Dragon instead? if I can only pick one, I'll lean with the Gold Dragon.
You need to install the base mod first, and then install the latest GrayFace patch on top of that.

User avatar
DaveHer
Scout
Scout
Posts: 199
Joined: 13 Mar 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby DaveHer » Oct 4 2019, 17:29

Pol wrote:@Templayer
And there we come with that again. DaveHer is right, your remark is impolite, no number of smilies can fix that. And even worse, it shows that english is not as easy as you think, subtle art of wording is important! Compare: "Since it may not be obvious" vs "To help you I visualized it a bit" vs what you used.

I appreciate your enthusiasmus. And I'm glad that you are moving things here. But always remember to be gentle and nice and people will reward you back. Honor their work. Being impetuous doesn't pay back.

And fixing things with smilies, practically never work too. No, excuses also don't nail it. He helps you, as well as to SpectralDragon. But it was you speaking to him. Do you see it? English is pretty hard, you will never stop with learning it. This is true for any language or a subject of interest. Hopefully I pushed you in the right direction.

Thanks for your support. I will continue to help with the mod and help Spectraldragon and statements like that should never be use jokingly. I did not take those smiling faces seriously because of the fact that he went back and "Edit" To place the statement.
David Hernandez (creator of CCR)
Last edited by DaveHer on Oct 4 2019, 17:31, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DaveHer
Scout
Scout
Posts: 199
Joined: 13 Mar 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby DaveHer » Oct 4 2019, 17:30

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote:Also I am not getting your help, SpectralDragon is.

That's not true at all because it isn't just me that's getting DaveHer's help, it's all of us that wish to see this type of gear in the game/mod in the first place and with this you're implying you DON'T wish to see it in the mod, even if in your previous messages you were all too eager over them coming compared to myself or even Xfing. I'm very sorry for this, but DaveHer and Pol are right: this is utter disrespect (heck, the smilies have a taunting effect now that I'm reading all of this) of a fellow person's work (and he said he was doing this for the entire morning) and now, thanks to it, there will be no helms or crowns in the mod unless you apologize sincerely and without any mockery, which I honestly wish you to do asap if you wish to see what I've done when it comes to headgear come in the mod in the 1st place.

The other choice is that you do all the item tiering and paperdoll positioning of said helms and crowns yourself, which I bet you wouldn't like because it'll take all the time you would otherwise be able to use on your own optional mods and your free time included ... and due to how you say you're lazy this means there's still a chance we'll never get to see crowns and helms in this mod or any other mod in the future, so yeah.

Now I'm placing this choice into your hands. Choose wisely and I hope you don't make it worse for all of us, including myself. :(

Forget what I said. Will start on the crowns tomorrow :D :-D :hug:

User avatar
Templayer
Genie
Genie
Posts: 1012
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Oct 4 2019, 17:49

DaveHer wrote:Your statement implies that I am an idiot and you went out of you way to put that statement there with "Edit". Obviously it is not obvious to you that it is an insult. 2. She is doing the painting and I was editing the files to position those hats on paper dolls which took me all morning to do. I tilt the hat clock wise before I asked the question.
David

Pol wrote:@Templayer
And there we come with that again. DaveHer is right, your remark is impolite, no number of smilies can fix that. And even worse, it shows that english is not as easy as you think, subtle art of wording is important! Compare: "Since it may not be obvious" vs "To help you I visualized it a bit" vs what you used.

I appreciate your enthusiasmus. And I'm glad that you are moving things here. But always remember to be gentle and nice and people will reward you back. Honor their work. Being impetuous doesn't pay back.

And fixing things with smilies, practically never work too. No, excuses also don't nail it. He helps you, as well as to SpectralDragon. But it was you speaking to him. Do you see it? English is pretty hard, you will never stop with learning it. This is true for any language or a subject of interest. Hopefully I pushed you in the right direction.

It wasn't meant in that way.

Originally I thought the way it should have been tilted was obvious, but given the response I originally got I figured I was wrong and it was only obvious to me, so I decided to make it obvious for everybody as much as I could. I am sorry if I got the meaning wrong.

You are all right.

At this point I spent 30+ hours on the Merge translation to Czech. I am almost finished. But reading this, I decided to take a break.

For any further tracker-related or Merge-related question should now be directed at SpectralDragon, Andrey, Rodril or GrayFace. All of these people have a maintainer status on the Tracker.

Now I am going to close all the tabs that have something to do with the Merge, and in a week, I might reopen them. On the other hand, I might not.

Bye. For now.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 490
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Oct 4 2019, 18:04

Templayer wrote:For any further tracker-related or Merge-related question should now be directed at SpectralDragon, Andrey, Rodril or GrayFace. All of these people have a maintainer status on the Tracker.

Now I am going to close all the tabs that have something to do with the Merge, and in a week, I might reopen them. On the other hand, I might not.

Bye. For now.

Have a nice break ... and know that when it comes to code-related stuff I cannot help as well as you can, since Rodril and GrayFace are hardly here. If this is the last time we'll be seeing you here, then you'll be missed ... at least by me and no matter the fact that you've given me a burden I simply cannot do on my own. :hug: I'll still do it to the best of my abilities nonetheless even if in the end it both kills me and stops me from playing this mod/game permanently. For everyone that is both a fan and a player of this mod/game. (sad closed eyes)
DaveHer wrote:Forget what I said. Will start on the crowns tomorrow :D :-D :hug:

Glad to hear this. I'll probably start on the Gold Dragon unless other people decide to do a Troll Lich. Currently 2 wish it. :')
Last edited by SpectralDragon on Oct 4 2019, 18:25, edited 2 times in total.
Yes?


User avatar
SpectralDragon
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 490
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Oct 4 2019, 18:52

DaveHer wrote:@ GrayFace
This might be a good idea.

Oh dear, MM9-like interface? Yep, definitely ... even if personally I'd like to keep it (interface overall) like it's MM6/7/8 still. That interface (MM9-like) can be optional. ^^;
Yes?

User avatar
DaveHer
Scout
Scout
Posts: 199
Joined: 13 Mar 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby DaveHer » Oct 4 2019, 19:23

SpectralDragon wrote:
DaveHer wrote:@ GrayFace
This might be a good idea.

Oh dear, MM9-like interface? Yep, definitely ... even if personally I'd like to keep it (interface overall) like it's MM6/7/8 still. That interface (MM9-like) can be optional. ^^;

I agree. It can be optional. :-D I finally figured out how to place images on the thread. Silly me.:D

alexseevdenis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 23
Joined: 25 Aug 2018
Location: Russia/Lipetsk

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby alexseevdenis » Oct 4 2019, 19:41

Yandex translator: Update Russian localization.

https://yadi.sk/d/N6UF-26-IlAfoA

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 490
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Oct 4 2019, 20:08

DaveHer wrote:I agree. It can be optional. :-D I finally figured out how to place images on the thread. Silly me.:D

Forum goals! :D And actually I'd prefer this MM9-like interface to be optional, but we'll see what will both Rodril and GrayFace say. ;)
GrayFace wrote: :gong:

Speaking of stuff, which one of 2 optional playable characters do you wish to see show up in the mod/game first, Troll Lich or Gold Dragon? :)
Last edited by SpectralDragon on Oct 4 2019, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

User avatar
Maslyonok
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 81
Joined: 18 Oct 2018

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Maslyonok » Oct 4 2019, 20:13

alexseevdenis wrote:Yandex translator: Update Russian localization.

https://yadi.sk/d/N6UF-26-IlAfoA


I think machinery translation is a BAD idea, really.

Butcer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 19
Joined: 26 Sep 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Butcer » Oct 4 2019, 20:28

Can somebody please tell me how do i talk to my npc hirlings, when i click the head icon i get the pictures of them but how do i talk to them?

Butcer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 19
Joined: 26 Sep 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Butcer » Oct 4 2019, 20:32

Butcer wrote:Can somebody please tell me how do i talk to my npc hirlings, when i click the head icon i get the pictures of them but how do i talk to them?

NEVERMIND GOT IT


Return to “Might and Magic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests