Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Templayer
Devil
Devil

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Unread postby Templayer » 03 Oct 2019, 10:50

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote:
SpectralDragon wrote: Except Fancy Hat (marked as "hat2"), I couldn´t make it work on a Mino. :wall:
NÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓ! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :nervous: :drama: :scared: :sadeyes:
Scratch my previous one, DaveHer managed to make the Fancy Hat work on Minos, so these will come as well. Once in, even a Minotaur can be Boyarskii as Masly says. :D :D
Either way, these hats will finally find their uses, ha ha ha ha ha!
YEEEEEEEES! :hug: :angel: :jester: :victory: :gemini: :panda: :tiger: :leo: :taurus: :capricornus: :gking2: :hail:

@all
Also it was me who made the report when Kinox called me a sexual deviant (I still do not know the reason behind that, but I do not care). But I already said so in a standalone post. The movie quote post was not reported, since that would be retarded.
Also I can see Xfing "attacking me from the shadows" (since I have him blocked, but I can still see other people quoting him) once again. I might have to update my makeshift userscript to remove quotes for specific people as well. :D
SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote:tl;dr, I hope Rodril keeps the "one package that is always updated to the max" for people with normal internet connections. Instead of having to deal with Merge patches and corruptions like we had to before. (the rogue ancient GrayFace Patch file that caused crashes, etc.)
Just being able to install, download, extract and play is a rather important thing. Instead of install, download, extract, update merge, update GF and then spent half a day figuring out why it doesn't work. :D :D
I have to agree on that one, since that messing up with stuff is another reason why am I restraining myself from playing the Merge (aside the obvious thing with the Undead Ghost Dragon and all). Don't wish to lose any of my progress on the Merge simply because of things like that that would force me to reinstall the entire thing each time it's all updated. ^^;
And yes, this also makes me hold playtesters like you in utmost respect because you pals are the frontline fighters against any corruption and bugs that happen after all of this. You pals deserve all recognition you can get just for that and more for your own contribution to the Merge. (bows in respect)
I do not deserve that praise since like you I somewhat dislike reinstalling the whole thing and putting my own stuff back in.
What I do however is that I have a folder with stuff that is essentially an override for the Merge (or files needed to make such override), so I can always delete the entire game folder, install clean one from GOG, get the Merge in and then get the modifications back in from this DO NOT DELETE folder. Helps a bit.
I am currently working on the Czech translation (with all my heart and to the best of my abilities. I want it to be GOOD. :D (something to be proud of. That takes a lot of hours, constantly checking if I didn't fu.ck up something))
Last edited by Templayer on 03 Oct 2019, 14:25, edited 2 times in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 03 Oct 2019, 16:30

*answered my own question*
Last edited by Templayer on 03 Oct 2019, 16:37, edited 1 time in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 03 Oct 2019, 16:36

Templayer wrote:What is a Goober? Visually described?
I cannot find visual material for them, I can see them only be referenced in text.
Oh, you mean something in relation to Super Goobers text from MM6?

EDIT: apparently it's a slang term for "a naive, ignorant, or foolish person" which kind of fits considering where do we find the Super Goober message text in MM6, which is behind quite a bunch of Terminator Units. Let's just say it's just devs messing with us like with the entire thing about Control Cubes and Memory Crystals in Controll Center. :D :D :D
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 03 Oct 2019, 16:40, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 03 Oct 2019, 16:38

SpectralDragon wrote:
I cannot find visual material for them, I can see them only be referenced in text.
Don't know. Haven't gotten to that text yet. :D

In the text I am currently at Verdant means the heroes she moved through the timespace.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 03 Oct 2019, 16:42

Templayer wrote:Don't know. Haven't gotten to that text yet. :D

In the text I am currently at Verdant means the heroes she moved through the timespace.
Oh ok ... and this just reminds me, can you solve Robert the Wise's/Tolberti's quest by bringing him a Control Cube from MM6's Controll Center? :D :D
Yes?

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 03 Oct 2019, 16:47

SpectralDragon wrote:

EDIT: apparently it's a slang term for "a naive, ignorant, or foolish person" which kind of fits considering where do we find the Super Goober message text in MM6, which is behind quite a bunch of Terminator Units. Let's just say it's just devs messing with us like with the entire thing about Control Cubes and Memory Crystals in Controll Center. :D :D :D
I translated them as "poor things", "бедняжки" - in Russian. So, yes, I think your definition is right.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 03 Oct 2019, 17:41

Were the Ancients denizens of our great Internet, they'd probably call the poor heroes "n00bs" :P

I remember first seeing the word Goober in MM6 too, I immediately included it in my vocabulary. Even a decade after have added it to a failed ANNO let's play series.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 03 Oct 2019, 18:03

Maslyonok wrote:
SpectralDragon wrote:

I translated them as "poor things", "бедняжки" - in Russian. So, yes, I think your definition is right.
Well, I read on it and it can have a meaning not unlike hillbilly (southeasterner in 'Murica), so I called them poor little hillbillies (or non-city folk), essentially (ubozí venkovánci).

And Kerfuffle as Patálie. :D :D :D

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 03 Oct 2019, 20:06

The Hats that me and SpectralDragon have been working on have been ported into the merge. See link https://drive.google.com/open?id=13xl82 ... tE4hk7RRMJ
David

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 03 Oct 2019, 20:24

@Rodril
I have all the necessary files and images to put into the MM678merge. I need to know if you are ready to received them so that I can provide a link for the download.
David

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 03 Oct 2019, 20:31

Templayer wrote: Well, I read on it and it can have a meaning not unlike hillbilly (southeasterner in 'Murica), so I called them poor little hillbillies (or non-city folk), essentially (ubozí venkovánci).

That's not much exact. Hillibilites are neither feeble or poor, meaning is different. And it hasn't the right sound. The translation would be better like "bodří horalé", if I could borrow it from some classic movie. And be trendy like the unexpectedly flammable quote from Mastermind Mega... :creative:
Last edited by Pol on 03 Oct 2019, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 03 Oct 2019, 20:34

DaveHer wrote:@Rodril
I have all the necessary files and images to put into the MM678merge. I need to know if you are ready to received them so that I can provide a link for the download.
David
Of course the link doesn't work, it isn't ending itself in an image file suffix like .png! :tongue: Here, let me show you!
Said link I used in [img] brackets ends with .jpg! :D
Yes?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 03 Oct 2019, 20:52

SpectralDragon wrote:
David
Of course the link doesn't work, it isn't ending itself in an image file suffix like .png! :tongue: Here, let me show you!
Said link I used in [img] brackets ends with .jpg! :D
Remember the email I sent you that said I tried two ways, well I converted the an image to a png image and it did not work either. I do not think this thread excepts image from My Google Drive.
David

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 03 Oct 2019, 21:07

Pol wrote:
Templayer wrote: Well, I read on it and it can have a meaning not unlike hillbilly (southeasterner in 'Murica), so I called them poor little hillbillies (or non-city folk), essentially (ubozí venkovánci).

That's not much exact. Hillibilites are neither feeble or poor, meaning is different. And it hasn't the right sound. The translation would be better like "bodří horalé", if I could borrow it from some classic movie. And be trendy like the unexpectedly flammable quote from Mastermind Mega... :creative:
No, it is not meant to mean feeble or poor.

the original text has POOR goobers. POOR! As in a standalone word before goobers. So the hillbilly part has nothing to do with feeble or poor, in my translation included. Your translation on the other hand seems to be missing the poor part that is before the goobers in the English version. :)

And I have yet to meet a Czech that knows what "bodří" is.
And I'm Czech! :canthear:

EDIT: Also please keep in mind that unlike for example the English<->Russian translation, the English<->Czech translation via Google Translate sucks donkey balls. It usually produces a lot of garbage results, as the Czech language is quite complex. Unlike English. English tends to be fairly simple. :P :D
(except for pronunciation - it's inverse there (simple for Czech and complex to "no rules for a half of it" for English :D ))
Last edited by Templayer on 03 Oct 2019, 21:16, edited 3 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 03 Oct 2019, 21:09

SpectralDragon wrote:
David
Said link I used in Image
Hmm. I think the Dwarf wizard's cap (forgot the actual name, might be it though) should be more centered (and smaller, I think) and could the same hat be tilted for the Troll one?
:P

EDIT: Made a picture of what I mean:
Last edited by Templayer on 03 Oct 2019, 21:21, edited 2 times in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 03 Oct 2019, 21:19

DaveHer wrote:Remember the email I sent you that said I tried two ways, well I converted the an image to a png image and it did not work either. I do not think this thread excepts image from My Google Drive.
David
That's because general images from Google Drive aren't authorized with having an image suffix in the URL of itself. I got that URL by uploading this image to Imgur and getting the link from there. ^^; Same is with Sta.sh , that thing doesn't support image suffixes in URLs.
Templayer wrote:Hmm. I think the Dwarf wizard's cap (forgot the actual name, might be it though) should be more centered (and smaller, I think) and could the same hat be tilted for the Troll one?
It's Wizard's Hat by my knowledge and honestly with how it looks like I didn't even bother when it comes to resizing it (I actually resized it, just not much). Gotta have some space in there in order to be on the said Dwarf's head :D ... and as for the position, talk to DaveHer about it.

Say, DaveHer, can you still provide links to said hats, please? For the Tracker. :)
Yes?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 03 Oct 2019, 21:20

Templayer wrote:And I have yet to meet a Czech that knows what "bodří" is.
bodrý = bold, vivid, friendly and so on..

It's much faster to meet dictionary. :D

That was for little hillbillies, if the original term to translate was different, translation will be too.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 03 Oct 2019, 21:23

Pol wrote:
Templayer wrote:And I have yet to meet a Czech that knows what "bodří" is.
bodrý = bold, vivid, friendly and so on..

It's much faster to meet dictionary. :D

That was for little hillbillies, if the original term to translate was different, translation will be too.
The original has poor goobers.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 03 Oct 2019, 21:25

SpectralDragon wrote:
DaveHer wrote:Remember the email I sent you that said I tried two ways, well I converted the an image to a png image and it did not work either. I do not think this thread excepts image from My Google Drive.
David
That's because general images from Google Drive aren't authorized with having an image suffix in the URL of itself. I got that URL by uploading this image to Imgur and getting the link from there. ^^; Same is with Sta.sh , that thing doesn't support image suffixes in URLs.
Templayer wrote:Hmm. I think the Dwarf wizard's cap (forgot the actual name, might be it though) should be more centered (and smaller, I think) and could the same hat be tilted for the Troll one?
It's Wizard's Hat by my knowledge and honestly with how it looks like I didn't even bother when it comes to resizing it (I actually resized it, just not much). Gotta have some space in there in order to be on the said Dwarf's head :D ... and as for the position, talk to DaveHer about it.

Say, DaveHer, can you still provide links to said hats, please? For the Tracker. :)
Since there are more posts now, I will show this to you again in order for it not to be lost due to me adding it as an edit to a post that isn't new anymore.

And I'm off to sleep, it's almost midnight here. :tired:

EDIT: Also both of you make sure you read GrayFace's tutorial on the tracker for these edits. He made a non-video detailed walkthrough. :) (I do not know if you have read it already or not, but if you didn't, you should. :D )
Last edited by Templayer on 03 Oct 2019, 21:28, edited 1 time in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 03 Oct 2019, 23:16

SpectralDragon wrote:
David

I never heard of Imgur. :)

Return to “Might and Magic”