Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Templayer
Genie
Genie
Posts: 1004
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Oct 1 2019, 19:11

raekuul wrote:
Templayer wrote:Maybe I've got an extended warranty!
Xfing wrote:Warranties are invalid if you don't use the product for its intended purpose!
Girls, girls! You're both pretty! Can I go home now?

Nice false quoting. It's fun that the forum enables us to do that.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Kinox
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 19
Joined: 14 Sep 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Kinox » Oct 1 2019, 23:15

It's fun that moderation has been forgotten (or never existed?) in this forum or thread…

For, until now, it was well observable that Templayer and XFing were having some difficulties in communication.
But, essentially, that was limited to (I dare say) brand provokation between themselves.

Now, this user decided to go a bit too far:

raekuul wrote:Girls, girls! You're both pretty! Can I go home now?


This is ugly disrespect for a large group of people, and Misoginy at its purest. Girls (or Women) have NOTHING to do with the current issue; and still they were invoked in that offensive manner. Ridiculous. I hope he get banned for this. I don't want, as a man gamer, to be associated with this kind of mindset and behavior — even though we all know why we (as gamers) have been so hated world-wide, more and more. That's one of the reasons why. GOOD JOB!!!
Last edited by Kinox on Oct 1 2019, 23:16, edited 2 times in total.

raekuul
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 73
Joined: 05 Jul 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby raekuul » Oct 1 2019, 23:56

You need to install the base mod first, and then install the latest GrayFace patch on top of that.

User avatar
Xfing
Raider
Raider
Posts: 757
Joined: 04 Jul 2011

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Xfing » Oct 2 2019, 4:12

Kinox wrote:This is ugly disrespect for a large group of people, and Misoginy at its purest. Girls (or Women) have NOTHING to do with the current issue; and still they were invoked in that offensive manner. Ridiculous. I hope he get banned for this. I don't want, as a man gamer, to be associated with this kind of mindset and behavior — even though we all know why we (as gamers) have been so hated world-wide, more and more. That's one of the reasons why. GOOD JOB!!!


Come on man. How did you manage get SJW white knighting into this? This is some weak sh it man, you don't do that.

User avatar
Kinox
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 19
Joined: 14 Sep 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Kinox » Oct 2 2019, 4:32

Xfing wrote:
Kinox wrote:This is ugly disrespect for a large group of people, and Misoginy at its purest. Girls (or Women) have NOTHING to do with the current issue; and still they were invoked in that offensive manner. Ridiculous. I hope he get banned for this. I don't want, as a man gamer, to be associated with this kind of mindset and behavior — even though we all know why we (as gamers) have been so hated world-wide, more and more. That's one of the reasons why. GOOD JOB!!!


Come on man. How did you manage get SJW white knighting into this? This is some weak sh it man, you don't do that.


You gotta live a true life, in order to begin to understand this stuff.

User avatar
Xfing
Raider
Raider
Posts: 757
Joined: 04 Jul 2011

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Xfing » Oct 2 2019, 4:54

Kinox wrote:You gotta live a true life, in order to begin to understand this stuff.


Oh, and now you're being condescending. Right back at you though. You gotta live a true life to understand that strawmanning and looking for things to be offended about where there are none is not only counter-productive, but also makes you look like a total a rse. Dude. was. quoting. a. fuking. movie.

User avatar
Kinox
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 19
Joined: 14 Sep 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Kinox » Oct 2 2019, 6:22

Xfing wrote:
Kinox wrote:You gotta live a true life, in order to begin to understand this stuff.


Oh, and now you're being condescending. Right back at you though. You gotta live a true life to understand that strawmanning and looking for things to be offended about where there are none is not only counter-productive, but also makes you look like a total a rse. Dude. was. quoting. a. fuking. movie.


I think I have put my message and it was pretty clear. I will say no more.

Except that, everyone here is smart enough to go check in the forum history, and figure out by themselves, what could be some good examples of counter-producing behaviors.

User avatar
Daedros
Pixie
Pixie
Posts: 126
Joined: 04 Apr 2018

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Daedros » Oct 2 2019, 7:12

Lol, wtf? I get the sense that Kinox was trolling with that virtue signalling, and Xfing took the bait.

User avatar
Maslyonok
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 81
Joined: 18 Oct 2018

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Maslyonok » Oct 2 2019, 7:19

Oh, no! We are infected with SJW. Call the doctors! :bugsquash:
I truly hope it was trolling. Seriously.

Klasiant
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 9
Joined: 21 Feb 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Klasiant » Oct 2 2019, 8:27

I swear, I leave you guys alone for a month to go play Classic and I come back to find undead zombie dragons ;-)

I want to thank all the contributors for their work so far, this project is amazing. I seem to have trouble ever updating the mod, but it's nothing a reinstall won't fix.

I know it's probably a lot to ask, but is there any possibility of some sort of version-based changelog? I figure Rodril and/or Templayer have enough going on as is, but it'd be very nice to have a page in the tracker letting us know what happens from update to update. I try to keep up with the thread, but I still feel like I don't really have a good grip on what's going on half the time. Especially when Rodril starts posting hotfix'es after bug-reports (which is of course a blessing, no complaints on that score) it gets a bit muddled. No need for any amount of detail beyond "changed this", "added this", "hotfix for bug".

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 490
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Oct 2 2019, 8:34

Welcome to the Internet, Kinox, Troll or not! That˙s all I´ll say about it and yus, it˙s kind of funny that you mentioned MODeration because when it comes to it, I have something more for you and for everyone here.

Hats! MM6 hats, all done and ready to be processed for this mod/vanilla MM8 in general!
Image Image Image
You can get their image assets HERE:
:right: https://sta.sh/0lze9nhmx1 :left:

Klasiant wrote:I swear, I leave you guys alone for a month to go play Classic and I come back to find undead zombie dragons ;-)

I want to thank all the contributors for their work so far, this project is amazing. I seem to have trouble ever updating the mod, but it's nothing a reinstall won't fix.

I know it's probably a lot to ask, but is there any possibility of some sort of version-based changelog? I figure Rodril and/or Templayer have enough going on as is, but it'd be very nice to have a page in the tracker letting us know what happens from update to update. I try to keep up with the thread, but I still feel like I don't really have a good grip on what's going on half the time. Especially when Rodril starts posting hotfix'es after bug-reports (which is of course a blessing, no complaints on that score) it gets a bit muddled. No need for any amount of detail beyond "changed this", "added this", "hotfix for bug".

Hey, no problem and glad that you´re enjoying this mod. As for the changelog, that˙s totally Rodril´s area, since he does post a sort of a changelog-like comment here each time he updates, so yeah. Just gotta keep the pace up on this forum, ´sall ... I˙m afraid. ^^;
Yes?

User avatar
Templayer
Genie
Genie
Posts: 1004
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Oct 2 2019, 9:18

Maslyonok wrote:Oh, no! We are infected with SJW. Call the doctors! :bugsquash:
I truly hope it was trolling. Seriously.

I am an avid hater of political correctness and people being offended for other people (which is retarded...).

GDSpectra / SpectralDragon is a girl, and she isn't offended by that remark / movie quote, but a man is? I mean WTF. :D

Klasiant wrote:I swear, I leave you guys alone for a month to go play Classic and I come back to find undead zombie dragons ;-)

I want to thank all the contributors for their work so far, this project is amazing. I seem to have trouble ever updating the mod, but it's nothing a reinstall won't fix.

I know it's probably a lot to ask, but is there any possibility of some sort of version-based changelog? I figure Rodril and/or Templayer have enough going on as is, but it'd be very nice to have a page in the tracker letting us know what happens from update to update. I try to keep up with the thread, but I still feel like I don't really have a good grip on what's going on half the time. Especially when Rodril starts posting hotfix'es after bug-reports (which is of course a blessing, no complaints on that score) it gets a bit muddled. No need for any amount of detail beyond "changed this", "added this", "hotfix for bug".

Unfortunately that might be Rodril's thing. I wish for a changelog too. I think there was one previously before The Great Departure To Real Life, I only found GF patch changelog recently (but I might be going blind so there is that).

Did you check the (currently unimplemented) new voicesets? :D :D
You can check how an undead zombie dragon sounds .... IN GERMAN. :rofl:
(Check the Sound Tracker for a youtube link showcasing it)
SpectralDragon wrote:Hats! MM6 hats, all done and ready to be processed for this mod/vanilla MM8 in general!
Image Image Image
You can get their image assets HERE:
:right: https://sta.sh/0lze9nhmx1 :left:

But if Minotaurs can be made to wear hats, as Rodril has stated... that means... that my Minotaur Archer is going to have spiffy MM6 hats! :D :D :D :D
FINALLY I WILL USE HATS! :D
I do not think I have ever used them before. Except for the very, very, VERY early game.
Last edited by Templayer on Oct 2 2019, 9:20, edited 1 time in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 490
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Oct 2 2019, 9:38

Templayer wrote:GDSpectra / SpectralDragon is a girl, and she isn't offended by that remark / movie quote, but a man is? I mean WTF. :D

Reality is stranger than fiction at times. Sure, there are gals out there that would be offended by this sort of stuff, but this one isn˙t ... and heck, if this is all it takes to offend people, then these people shouldn˙t even be here because MM games (at least ones from 6 to 8) are literal boiling kettles of offensive material, ha ha ha ha ha (I mean, you can and probably will kill f***in BABY DRAGONS + THEIR PARENTS at once for crying out loud and what´s even better, Ithilgore can literally cause a genocide among his own kind thanks to you in 8 alone! Why is Sir Charles Quixote being so antagonized in MM8 in the 1st place compared to his MM7 guise?)! That˙s just me though ... and let˙s stop this before it boils off the charts or kettles/cauldrons in this case.
But if Minotaurs can be made to wear hats, as Rodril has stated... that means... that my Minotaur Archer is going to have spiffy MM6 hats! :D :D :D :D
FINALLY I WILL USE HATS! :D
I do not think I have ever used them before. Except for the very, very, VERY early game.

Except Fancy Hat (marked as "hat2"), I couldn´t make it work on a Mino. :wall:
Last edited by SpectralDragon on Oct 2 2019, 9:43, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

User avatar
Templayer
Genie
Genie
Posts: 1004
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Oct 2 2019, 9:52

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote:But if Minotaurs can be made to wear hats, as Rodril has stated... that means... that my Minotaur Archer is going to have spiffy MM6 hats! :D :D :D :D
FINALLY I WILL USE HATS! :D
I do not think I have ever used them before. Except for the very, very, VERY early game.

Except Fancy Hat (marked as "hat2"), I couldn´t make it work on a Mino. :wall:

NÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓ! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :nervous: :drama: :scared: :sadeyes:
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Maslyonok
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 81
Joined: 18 Oct 2018

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Maslyonok » Oct 2 2019, 10:29

Templayer wrote:
Maslyonok wrote:Oh, no! We are infected with SJW. Call the doctors! :bugsquash:
I truly hope it was trolling. Seriously.

I am an avid hater of political correctness and people being offended for other people (which is retarded...).


*Taking off my hat*
Dis hats are pretty. I like it, Spectra!
Finally, I can have Boyarskii in my team!
Last edited by Maslyonok on Oct 2 2019, 10:33, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 490
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Oct 2 2019, 10:56

Maslyonok wrote:*Taking off my hat*
Dis hats are pretty. I like it, Spectra!
Finally, I can have Boyarskii in my team!

LMAO no problem, even if Boyarskii cannot be a Mino because I couldn´t make it work on it. :wall: :wall: And speaking of more stuff, well ...
Crowns! Now everyone (even if Trolls will look weird in them ^^; ) will be able to have crowns!
Image Image Image
Get your stuff HERE:
:right: https://sta.sh/01ev6bcecuqy :left:
Yes?

User avatar
Echo
Conscript
Conscript
Posts: 206
Joined: 02 Aug 2012

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Echo » Oct 2 2019, 11:56

I'm a second girl around here (and it's unlikely there's many more of us around) and also not offended so let's put that thing to rest, not ban anyone, and move on in peace and happiness :P

I do have a question about the issue that started this teeny-weeny flamewar - does the human racial skill add +1 point to the skills or +1 rank? As in, does it make say "Armsmaster 10" count as if there were 11 points in it, or does it make Expert into Master etc?

The +1 point would be a nice little bonus, I find, and give humans a pleasant, useful perk (admittedly a ton better than the original races had unless I missed some perks active after character creation). The rank up, on the other hand, seems immensely powerful.

Take my opinion with a grain of salt though, still haven't had time to play the merge and as far as I know the only racial perks were giving for instance Elves 2 points of Dexterity for 1 skill point and 1 point of Endurance for 2 points. Which gets super irrelevant soon enough.

I'm mostly just curious cause I'm not sure I understood it correctly. And I'd rather bring the talk back to bickering about stats than political issues for everyone's sake! :D

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 490
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Oct 2 2019, 12:06

Echo wrote:I'm a second girl around here (and it's unlikely there's many more of us around) and also not offended so let's put that thing to rest, not ban anyone, and move on in peace and happiness :P

I do have a question about the issue that started this teeny-weeny flamewar - does the human racial skill add +1 point to the skills or +1 rank? As in, does it make say "Armsmaster 10" count as if there were 11 points in it, or does it make Expert into Master etc?

The +1 point would be a nice little bonus, I find, and give humans a pleasant, useful perk (admittedly a ton better than the original races had unless I missed some perks active after character creation). The rank up, on the other hand, seems immensely powerful.

Take my opinion with a grain of salt though, still haven't had time to play the merge and as far as I know the only racial perks were giving for instance Elves 2 points of Dexterity for 1 skill point and 1 point of Endurance for 2 points. Which gets super irrelevant soon enough.

I'm mostly just curious cause I'm not sure I understood it correctly. And I'd rather bring the talk back to bickering about stats than political issues for everyone's sake! :D

Touché, even if I'm starting to think this was a trolling attempt, since as others showed, we can false-quote people, so we can basically turn the entire thing all around. But well, we're fully grown mature people over here, let's not make this forum seem like a chaotic kindergarten playpen! :D :D

From what I've got, it's 1+ point to all skills when it comes to this and honestly, I don't know what to think about that (didn't play the Merge as well and I'm basically waiting for all Undead subrace + customized Lich and Zombie voices issues to be resolved, since I wish to start it as a Ghost Dragon with "Good" as a condition (Undead subrace instead of Zombie race) and with a customized voice as well, which is, btw, absolutely GREAT. You can check Templayer's YouTube videos showcasing them). We shall see how will stuff go. ^^;
Yes?

User avatar
Echo
Conscript
Conscript
Posts: 206
Joined: 02 Aug 2012

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Echo » Oct 2 2019, 12:17

SpectralDragon wrote:
Echo wrote:snip

Touché, even if I'm starting to think this was a trolling attempt, since as others showed, we can false-quote people, so we can basically turn the entire thing all around. But well, we're fully grown mature people over here, let's not make this forum seem like a chaotic kindergarten playpen! :D :D

From what I've got, it's 1+ point to all skills when it comes to this and honestly, I don't know what to think about that (didn't play the Merge as well and I'm basically waiting for all Undead subrace + customized Lich and Zombie voices issues to be resolved, since I wish to start it as a Ghost Dragon with "Good" as a condition (Undead subrace instead of Zombie race) and with a customized voice as well, which is, btw, absolutely GREAT. You can check Templayer's YouTube videos showcasing them). We shall see how will stuff go. ^^;


Quote yeah, but that response was typed on post so it was either a serious post or a trolling with one's own words :P

As for what I personally think of the skill thing, well, I never ever pick character races to min-max my characters because it's never been necessary at all with how little of an impact the races had overall in MM7. Unless I'm wrong as I said in the previous post, the biggest reason for me to pick a dwarf would be the Arcomage reward trinket which also was just a small perk and using it would be just for completionism's sake.

In MM8 race was obviously a much bigger choice since it was connected to a class but luckily for me both Trolls and Minotaurs had nothing I'd be sad to miss so I didn't feel compelled to bear their presence. Yes, I like pretty characters, sue me! :-D :tongue:

So with that in mind, as far as I'm personally concerned, I'd much rather race choice remained mostly visual as in MM7 with small perks/disadvantages. Giving various races +1 to various skills (point, not rank) would be a neat way to go about it. Noticeable, but nothing to make someone pick some race they dislike because they'd feel everything is super suboptimal otherwise.

:creative: I think it's cool when someone goes "Oh, I'll pick Human for my Knight because they get +1 sword and +1 armsmaster so a bit more damage and I enjoy min-maxing my stuff!".

:creative: But I am not a fan of "Oh, I guess if I want a Knight I gotta pick the boring ole human cause otherwise I'll never get a GM at <important knight skill> and will feel I made the game harder than it should be."

Obviously optional file is optional file, but it's still something we can discuss I'm sure :)
Last edited by Echo on Oct 2 2019, 12:17, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 490
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Oct 2 2019, 12:55

Echo wrote:As for what I personally think of the skill thing, well, I never ever pick character races to min-max my characters because it's never been necessary at all with how little of an impact the races had overall in MM7. Unless I'm wrong as I said in the previous post, the biggest reason for me to pick a dwarf would be the Arcomage reward trinket which also was just a small perk and using it would be just for completionism's sake.

In MM8 race was obviously a much bigger choice since it was connected to a class but luckily for me both Trolls and Minotaurs had nothing I'd be sad to miss so I didn't feel compelled to bear their presence. Yes, I like pretty characters, sue me! :-D :tongue:

So with that in mind, as far as I'm personally concerned, I'd much rather race choice remained mostly visual as in MM7 with small perks/disadvantages. Giving various races +1 to various skills (point, not rank) would be a neat way to go about it. Noticeable, but nothing to make someone pick some race they dislike because they'd feel everything is super suboptimal otherwise.

:creative: I think it's cool when someone goes "Oh, I'll pick Human for my Knight because they get +1 sword and +1 armsmaster so a bit more damage and I enjoy min-maxing my stuff!".

:creative: But I am not a fan of "Oh, I guess if I want a Knight I gotta pick the boring ole human cause otherwise I'll never get a GM at <important knight skill> and will feel I made the game harder than it should be."

Obviously optional file is optional file, but it's still something we can discuss I'm sure :)

Very much so and hey, no offense for liking pretty characters at all, I'm not that much of a min-maxer/efficiency machine either, thus I'm pretty much flexible when it comes to stuff like this. Only thing I'm worried about is whenever the buffs and restraints make sense.

And speaking of playing as various characters, I actually tried to win vanilla MM8 using only Minotaurs (top favorites together with Dragons and Liches). Talk about challenge and yet it was both fun and madly rewarding in its own way, mainly for making through the bloody Crystal at long last. Those Crystal enemies aren't joking at all. :D
Yes?


Return to “Might and Magic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], wuxiangjinxing and 9 guests