Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 08.09.2019]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Demon
Demon
Posts: 341
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Sep 12 2019, 11:32

equs wrote:Very nice Mate, thank you for that :tsup:

I voted for dendroids, because I loved them in Heroes 3 and they would be awesome as characters in the Merge. Maybe something like Spriggans in Skyrim to make it better fit into the game for Armors. They couldn't wear Gloves, Helmets, or Boots, but everything else. And they could be recrutet like Caury (the dark-elf shooter) from a special tree on any continent. Something like the picture from the following link

https://www.deviantart.com/embbu-chan/art/Spriggan-Matron-356011414

How do you think a Dendroid Zombie + Lich would look like? ^^;
Yes?

User avatar
GrayFace
Archangel
Archangel
Posts: 1427
Joined: 29 Nov 2005

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby GrayFace » Sep 12 2019, 13:48

Templayer wrote:
Rodril wrote:I could not reproduce this issue yet, but i must admit that instant death/eradication makes almost impossible to complete game with party without casters. Even magic protection scrolls won't protect party due to spells being casted on master level (grandmaster required for protection from death/eradication). I tried to start full melee party without mages/clerics, and i failed hardly trying to pass vyverns on the way to Titan's stronghold in Avlee. I'm thinking about ways to limit these effects. Maybe make them melee-only, or make additional special bonus for items, which will protect from instant death/eradication (like protection from petrification). What do you think about it?
Also maybe from ... let's say level 30 characters should cast GM level spells from scrolls instead of M. This would make it doable.

Well, a script may check which skills are available for any party member. It would need to check their promotions as well. If noone can learn the skill at the needed level, some (maybe random) non-fatal effect could be used instead.
A much easier solution that I like more is to reduce effect probability based on bolster HP strength. It wasn't a problem in original games, so if a monster with 10x HP would do the effect 10 times less frequently, it wouldn't be a problem either.
[edit] Or they would do the effect only if HP they lost is less than their original HP. So, they would be just as dangerous when you run past them.

Templayer wrote:
Daedros wrote:The "Ingredient Rain" tends to happen when switching maps. Going from Ravenshore to Garrote Gorge, can cause Ravenshore's ingredient spawn to appear in Garrote Gorge as well. Alvar to Murmurwoods can do the same. This is a bug that has been around since at least vanilla M&M8.

Seems more like a GrayFace thing to fix or reconfigure.

I do remember encountering it once in a while, but can't reproduce.
Last edited by GrayFace on Sep 12 2019, 13:54, edited 2 times in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Demon
Demon
Posts: 341
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Sep 12 2019, 15:15

GrayFace wrote: :gong:

Hey, can I leave redone Sapphire and Ruby Dragon assets at your MM8 mod forum as well as in here? Since I was thinking that they would apply to vanilla MM8 as well, not just MMMerge.
Yes?

Mirondor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 10
Joined: 25 Feb 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 08.09.2019]

Postby Mirondor » Sep 12 2019, 16:23

Wowowow! I just read this topic
https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/16807
Someone made a New Sorpigal with Unreal Engine 4. Amazing!
What if you guys worked together and remade even the graphics ofthe game too?... :)

User avatar
Templayer
Succubus
Succubus
Posts: 839
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Sep 12 2019, 16:24

alekssandros wrote:
Templayer wrote:        :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:
:right: :right: :right: I MADE A POLL FOR THE OPTIONAL NEW RACES VOTING! :left: :left: :left:
        :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

        :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:
:right: :right: :right: https://forms.gle/ZcKr8zf9jgWUCZwM9 :left: :left: :left:
        :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

5 hours of setting this crud up. Enjoy. Please don't break it. :D

I already voted. Sign-in is needed to vote to avoid people spamming those. But hey, nobody said you should give google your true info. :D


Really? No nagas between 8 first chosen? How disapointing :(

By the way, I want play H3 again after seeing this xD

PS: After seeing following messages and the Rodril´s answers. I would say I don't want the nagas limited like dragons :( Maybe, some day it will be possible to see Naga in all its splendor.

And if you were to read my reply to him, you would know that it is possible to code the se-xtuple wielding, the paperdoll would be dragon based, but the equipment (6 weapons, helmet and armour) would have to be scripted in LUA. Sower made gloves visible on the paperdoll through a lua script, so I refuse to believe that it is absolutely impossible to do a half-similar thing with weapons. It is just going to be hard as heck.

Also my Evil Heroes Plan works as intended! :D
equs wrote:
Templayer wrote:        :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:
:right: :right: :right: I MADE A POLL FOR THE OPTIONAL NEW RACES VOTING! :left: :left: :left:
        :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

        :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:
:right: :right: :right: https://forms.gle/ZcKr8zf9jgWUCZwM9 :left: :left: :left:
        :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

5 hours of setting this crud up. Enjoy. Please don't break it. :D

I already voted. Sign-in is needed to vote to avoid people spamming those. But hey, nobody said you should give google your true info. :D


Very nice Mate, thank you for that :tsup:

I voted for dendroids, because I loved them in Heroes 3 and they would be awesome as characters in the Merge. Maybe something like Spriggans in Skyrim to make it better fit into the game for Armors. They couldn't wear Gloves, Helmets, or Boots, but everything else. And they could be recrutet like Caury (the dark-elf shooter) from a special tree on any continent. Something like the picture from the following link

https://www.deviantart.com/embbu-chan/art/Spriggan-Matron-356011414

I am very much against Skyrim, but the picture looks very nice. But I would prefer for the males to look like those in Heroes.

My previous idea was - remove equipment skills, add unarmed and dodge, add racial Earth Magic, Self Magic, Regeneration, Alchemy (who better to know what plants to mix... than actual plants :D ), and have the ability to "overgrow" any armour (can equip any armour, visually different sprite when worn (overgrown), armour breaks when de-equipped). That is something I would like to make myself (the "overgrown" armour sprites).
would automatically have higher defense (barkskin) and attack (tendrils) than base (not completely unlike dragons).

SpectralDragon wrote:
equs wrote:Very nice Mate, thank you for that :tsup:

I voted for dendroids, because I loved them in Heroes 3 and they would be awesome as characters in the Merge. Maybe something like Spriggans in Skyrim to make it better fit into the game for Armors. They couldn't wear Gloves, Helmets, or Boots, but everything else. And they could be recrutet like Caury (the dark-elf shooter) from a special tree on any continent. Something like the picture from the following link

https://www.deviantart.com/embbu-chan/art/Spriggan-Matron-356011414

How do you think a Dendroid Zombie + Lich would look like? ^^;

SICK! I mean literally. :D :D

SpectralDragon wrote:
GrayFace wrote: :gong:

Hey, can I leave redone Sapphire and Ruby Dragon assets at your MM8 mod forum as well as in here? Since I was thinking that they would apply to vanilla MM8 as well, not just MMMerge.

Could you show them to me? I wish to see them! :D

Here is the current wish-list for new Races (19 responses so far!):
Image
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Demon
Demon
Posts: 341
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 08.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Sep 12 2019, 16:48

Mirondor wrote:Wowowow! I just read this topic
https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/16807
Someone made a New Sorpigal with Unreal Engine 4. Amazing!
What if you guys worked together and remade even the graphics of the game too?... :)

Damn, that IS amazing! If only I´d be able to because I´m completely useless in this, as I have no knowledge with Unreal Engine at all. ^^; :D Maybe the coders could band together (even though seeing how vast this game + this mod are, this could take several years)?
Yes?

Mirondor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 10
Joined: 25 Feb 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 08.09.2019]

Postby Mirondor » Sep 12 2019, 17:16

If i understood well, he says GreyFace helped him to import gamefiles to Unreal Engine... If it is so, graphics upgrade couldn't be extremely hard.
Last edited by Mirondor on Sep 12 2019, 17:16, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Demon
Demon
Posts: 341
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Sep 12 2019, 17:25

Templayer wrote:And if you were to read my reply to him, you would know that it is possible to code the se-xtuple wielding, the /.../

SpectralDragon wrote:Hey, can I leave redone Sapphire and Ruby Dragon assets at your MM8 mod forum as well as in here? Since I was thinking that they would apply to vanilla MM8 as well, not just MMMerge.

Could you show them to me? I wish to see them! :D

Here is the current wish-list for new Races (19 responses so far!):
Image

Jamesx wrote: :gong:

How did THAT got censored?! :D :D :D

Once I´m done with them and speaking of done, yep, Troll Zombie IS COMPLETE!!!
Image
You can get the source files Here:
:right: https://sta.sh/0f3828rtwu6 :left:

Glad to see at least one supports the bony Blood Dragon.
Yes?

Rodril
Assassin
Assassin
Posts: 284
Joined: 18 Nov 2016

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 08.09.2019]

Postby Rodril » Sep 12 2019, 18:25

Mirondor wrote:If it is so, graphics upgrade couldn't be extremely hard.

Thing is, it requires to rewrite all game mechanics from scratch, and it is extremly hard. You could see MM Remake and Unity MM projects which are running for several years already and they have not been done yet. I'm not sure we need one more.
More resaonable idea would be to make side program, which will connect to mm8.exe, gain it's meshes & textures and translate old graphics into new in realtime.
Templayer wrote:Here is the current wish-list for new Races (19 responses so far!):
Image

I really doubt game need new races. Speaking of new content, I'd prefer to have new quest scenarios. And still MM does not have something like Mod-manager to make new content optional. I feel uneasy about new race expectations, which will barely come true.
Last edited by Rodril on Sep 12 2019, 18:25, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Demon
Demon
Posts: 341
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 08.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Sep 12 2019, 18:49

Rodril wrote:I really doubt game need new races. Speaking of new content, I'd prefer to have new quest scenarios. And still MM does not have something like Mod-manager to make new content optional. I feel uneasy about new race expectations, which will barely come true.

Ditto as well, like I had a quest in my mind for quite a while that would enable you to get either a Dracolich or a Ghost Dragon somewhere in Zanthora's Laboratory/Castle Darkmoor/Watchtower. Don't know how will it go yet, but well, maybe we could all make something up. :D Aside various racial skills teachers in both Enroth (MM6) and Erathia (MM7).
Yes?

User avatar
GrayFace
Archangel
Archangel
Posts: 1427
Joined: 29 Nov 2005

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby GrayFace » Sep 12 2019, 19:03

SpectralDragon wrote:
GrayFace wrote: :gong:

Hey, can I leave redone Sapphire and Ruby Dragon assets at your MM8 mod forum as well as in here? Since I was thinking that they would apply to vanilla MM8 as well, not just MMMerge.

Go ahead, I haven't seen them. I only read posts containing quotes for/of me since my last visit in August.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

User avatar
Templayer
Succubus
Succubus
Posts: 839
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Sep 12 2019, 19:12

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote:And if you were to read my reply to him, you would know that it is possible to code the se-xtuple wielding, the /.../


How did THAT got censored?! :D :D :D

Once I´m done with them and speaking of done, yep, Troll Zombie IS COMPLETE!!!
Image
You can get the source files Here:
:right: https://sta.sh/0f3828rtwu6 :left:

Glad to see at least one supports the bony Blood Dragon.

I mean if I remember correctly cra-p gets censored if written properly. What is the target audience of this forum, 6 year olds? Nah, those probably know more swear words than me nowadays. :D

YAAY. Put it on the Tracker, QUICKLY.

Also I gave a thought for the Blood Dragon and ... pretty much everything race based in MM goes in evens. There is a lich - male and female. Elves, Dwarves, everything.
Even the Undead dragons currently are even (Lich and Ghost). So why should the Blood Dragon be odd? It is a Vampiric variant of the Dragon, and thus has to be created at character creation. Vampires go in evens too. (almost wrote ovens there xD) Why not have BOTH a skeletal and a fleshly Blood Dragon? They are supposed to be experiments, prototypes, anyway. :D :hug:

Rodril wrote:I really doubt game need new races. Speaking of new content, I'd prefer to have new quest scenarios. And still MM does not have something like Mod-manager to make new content optional. I feel uneasy about new race expectations, which will barely come true.

One of the very first things GrayFace and me wanted to do is some sort of a config file for the Merge. Not unlike the one for the patch, perhaps. And there you could set the additional races to true or false. Later on, an installer would came by, and the choices in it would just change the values inside the config file (unless it is for something else...).
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Templayer
Succubus
Succubus
Posts: 839
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 08.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Sep 12 2019, 19:15

I'll write down a note on the Racial poll that it serves to aggregate the information on what people want, and in no manner means that the Races will be created.
But I am going to make the Lizardman happen even if it is the last thing I do! :D

Added this to the poll:
NOTE: This serves to aggregate the information on what people want, and in no manner means that the Races will be created in accordance to the amount of choices made. There are also aspects such as technical limitations - Nagas would require quite a lot of additional and hardcore coding efforts (whereas Medusas would only need to be made in the Minotaur type of paperdoll - no legs, no helmets, with the leg part removed from armour sprites), but vote for what you would like to see the most anyway. AND I AM GOING TO SEE THE LIZARDMAN COME TO LIFE EVEN IF IT IS THE LAST THING I DO IN LIFE, GODDAMNIT! :D
Last edited by Templayer on Sep 12 2019, 19:21, edited 2 times in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Demon
Demon
Posts: 341
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Sep 12 2019, 20:04

Templayer wrote:I mean if I remember correctly cra-p gets censored if written properly. What is the target audience of this forum, 6 year olds? Nah, those probably know more swear words than me nowadays. :D

YAAY. Put it on the Tracker, QUICKLY.

Also I gave a thought for the Blood Dragon and ... pretty much everything race based in MM goes in evens. There is a lich - male and female. Elves, Dwarves, everything.
Even the Undead dragons currently are even (Lich and Ghost). So why should the Blood Dragon be odd? It is a Vampiric variant of the Dragon, and thus has to be created at character creation. Vampires go in evens too. (almost wrote ovens there xD) Why not have BOTH a skeletal and a fleshly Blood Dragon? They are supposed to be experiments, prototypes, anyway. :D :hug:

(so many facepalms I cannot even count them) Sheesh, if this happens to the entire Internet in the end, then I'm outta here! Political correctness gone bloody rampant and I hate it.

Check the Tracker itself, I already did. And put images in there as well. :tongue: :tongue:

Because this is double the work and like I've said, I don't have time to do both at the same time, especially not doing both from scratch. For bony Blood Dragon, I need another paperdoll pose, so that he doesn't look like a badly recolored copy-paste of the Dracolich and Ghost Dragon, and as for fleshy Bone Dragon, I need both the paperdoll base AND expression bases, all 56 of them. I've already said I'm TRASH at doing stuff from scratch and if you or any other person cannot help me, then nothing can be done. I ain't gonna use the same Brown and Red Dragon base for that as well, yaknow ... not to even mention that editing all others to be Vampires too is a mountain that I CANNOT climb all on my lonesome. I. Need. Help!

GrayFace wrote:Go ahead, I haven't seen them. I only read posts containing quotes for/of me since my last visit in August.

Okays! Once I do first image assets I'll show them in your MM8 patch forum. Was thinking of both redone Sapphire + Ruby Dragons and a potential miniboss Diamond Dragon, if you wouldn't mind.
Last edited by SpectralDragon on Sep 12 2019, 20:22, edited 3 times in total.
Yes?

User avatar
Templayer
Succubus
Succubus
Posts: 839
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Sep 12 2019, 20:33

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote:I mean if I remember correctly cra-p gets censored if written properly. What is the target audience of this forum, 6 year olds? Nah, those probably know more swear words than me nowadays. :D

(so many facepalms I cannot even count them) Sheesh, if this happens to the entire Internet in the end, then I'm outta here! Political correctness gone bloody rampant and I hate it.

Check the Tracker itself, I already did. And put images in there as well. :tongue: :tongue:

Because this is double the work and like I've said, I don't have time to do both at the same time, especially not doing both from scratch. For bony Blood Dragon, I need another paperdoll pose, so that he doesn't look like a badly recolored copy-paste of the Dracolich and Ghost Dragon, and as for fleshy Bone Dragon, I need both the paperdoll base AND expression bases, all 56 of them. I've already said I'm TRASH at doing stuff from scratch and if you or any other person cannot help me, then nothing can be done. I ain't gonna use the same Brown and Red Dragon base for that as well, yaknow ... not to even mention that editing all others to be Vampires too is a mountain that I CANNOT climb all on my lonesome. I. Need. Help!

Glad I am not the only one with the same fu-cking notion. I hate political correctness with all my heart. 'Murica even told a Czech company to censor a character of Chuchel in the game of same name (which is basically a personification of pocket lint), because it "might" offend black people. Since when are black people pocket lint? The Czech company then issued an update, inverting the colours of Chuchel. And I put the original pre-degeneration version on the internet so that people are not forced to endure that ... there isn't a word for that that would be allowed on this forum, unfortunately.

Crud, what I haven't thought of is that when I put in people as editors, it seems to no longer notify me through email of any changes, whereas it does for suggestions AND COMMENTS. *facepalm*

Just do Bony version for now (once Jamesx gives you another pose), and we will find out a way to do the fleshy one in a few years, I think. They do not have to be done side by side. I have a strong belief (I might be wrong) that I CAN make the Lizardman "from scratch" by gobling together several pieces, just enough for you to be able to do your job (paperdoll-wise) - while keeping equipment compatibility intact. I might try contacting the original authors for the 3D model that was used to create the sprites for lizardmen, on the poll I have a very decent picture of a lizardmen that is actually way more detailed than the in-game one in MM8. If not, I will have to improvise for the portraits. Probably using the high res model picture as a base, then separating it to many layers, and then cobble up base expressions. I think. Hmmm.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Templayer
Succubus
Succubus
Posts: 839
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Sep 12 2019, 20:37

SpectralDragon wrote:Check the Tracker itself, I already did. And put images in there as well. :tongue: :tongue:

I even saw you update the Dragon pictures. Nice! But tell me next time. I need to update those on the poll too! :D

Image
Image
Last edited by Templayer on Sep 12 2019, 20:41, edited 1 time in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Demon
Demon
Posts: 341
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Sep 12 2019, 20:54

Templayer wrote:Glad I am not the only one with the same fu-cking notion. I hate political correctness with all my heart. 'Murica even told a Czech company to censor a character of Chuchel in the game of same name (which is basically a personification of pocket lint), because it "might" offend black people. Since when are black people pocket lint? The Czech company then issued an update, inverting the colours of Chuchel. And I put the original pre-degeneration version on the internet so that people are not forced to endure that ... there isn't a word for that that would be allowed on this forum, unfortunately.

Crud, what I haven't thought of is that when I put in people as editors, it seems to no longer notify me through email of any changes, whereas it does for suggestions AND COMMENTS. *facepalm*

Just do Bony version for now (once Jamesx gives you another pose), and we will find out a way to do the fleshy one in a few years, I think. They do not have to be done side by side. I have a strong belief (I might be wrong) that I CAN make the Lizardman "from scratch" by gobling together several pieces, just enough for you to be able to do your job (paperdoll-wise) - while keeping equipment compatibility intact. I might try contacting the original authors for the 3D model that was used to create the sprites for lizardmen, on the poll I have a very decent picture of a lizardmen that is actually way more detailed than the in-game one in MM8. If not, I will have to improvise for the portraits. Probably using the high res model picture as a base, then separating it to many layers, and then cobble up base expressions. I think. Hmmm.

I cannot even fathom the horror of that and it's better this way as well. What's next, changing fundamental words in all languages for fear of offending everyone? :disagree: :disagree: Them sugary snowflakes should know that as long as there is language people will get offended by it and if they wish to make it so that it doesn't offend people, then they might as well eradicate all language altogether!

Good Ancients. :D :D And I've wondered why were you quiet in the Tracker. :devious:

If I can survive those years, that is. Until then, well, other characters. And monsters! And maybe even some "flavor" sprites, like didn't we once mentioned gold and gem board sprites for Garrote Gorge's Dragon Lair treasury? :D I sadly cannot find gem sprites to use for it and with that I mean gem sprites from MM6. (facepalm) Just as long as it has quality and doesn't conflict with armor and weapons paperdolls in a way that would make people yak. :D :D
Templayer wrote:I even saw you update the Dragon pictures. Nice! But tell me next time. I need to update those on the poll too! :D

Okies. Kind of thought you already saw these. :D :D And yes, I used Troll Zombie's crazy face because well, Rodril likes it! :D :D :D
Last edited by SpectralDragon on Sep 12 2019, 20:56, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

User avatar
Templayer
Succubus
Succubus
Posts: 839
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 08.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Sep 13 2019, 5:46

Guys, I remember MM6 characters blinking in vanilla. And I do not remember that in MM7 and MM8.
If that is indeed the case (no time to check), that would be one feature to include (quite immersive!).
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Xfing
Minotaur
Minotaur
Posts: 691
Joined: 04 Jul 2011

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 08.09.2019]

Postby Xfing » Sep 13 2019, 6:08

Templayer wrote:Guys, I remember MM6 characters blinking in vanilla. And I do not remember that in MM7 and MM8.
If that is indeed the case (no time to check), that would be one feature to include (quite immersive!).


They do blink alright. It's just something you don't notice if you don't pay attention to it, just like in real life.

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Demon
Demon
Posts: 341
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 08.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Sep 13 2019, 8:07

Templayer wrote:Guys, I remember MM6 characters blinking in vanilla. And I do not remember that in MM7 and MM8.
If that is indeed the case (no time to check), that would be one feature to include (quite immersive!).

Check default Liches (or your John Bromin Death Knight! :D :D ) when it comes to visible blinking. They indeed blink alright and yes, there is even an expression for it, seen as number 13 (right after the "Stoned" portrait expression) and it isn't just eyes closing, but also different mouth/muzzle movement as well as head tilting (light as it might be). :devious: Heck, there are also "look up/down/left/right" expressions, marked between numbers 16 and 19! :D
Last edited by SpectralDragon on Sep 13 2019, 8:10, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?


Return to “Might and Magic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 13 guests