Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Templayer
Minotaur
Minotaur
Posts: 698
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Templayer » Jul 5 2019, 16:30

Maslyonok wrote:If I want to improve Russian localization, can someone tell me how to get text files? (I mean, it would be nice to translate those pieces of text that were added to the original game with the MMMerge).

Well, I have downloaded the Russian localization from the first post.
Then open up the .lod files by using LodArchiver (get it from GrayFaces site, it takes like 5 seconds to google the download...).
LodArchiver is not unlike WinRar, 7zip and such - it opens up archives. Only this one is made specifically for the 3DO's archives.

Specifically, you can open up - 01 LocRU.EnglishT.lod - and go through the txt files inside. NPCText.txt inside 01 LocRU.EnglishT.lod is the base game's localization for what NPCs say.
For Merge specific texts, open up LocalizeTables.RU.txt (not inside lod, it's just in the russian localization)

But check the other txt files too (both inside the lod archives and outside).
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Assassin
Assassin
Posts: 274
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Jul 5 2019, 16:52

Xfing wrote:I believe I asked this very question on more than one occasion in this thread :D By now it's most likely in the the suggestion tracker already. And it's a rather serious request, since the Jadamean necromancers have those heavily stylized portraits that we'd have more interest in keeping than the generic ones from the other two continents. Devlin Arcanus for example is considered to be one of the more awesome characters, so being able to keep his portrait after promotion would be quite nice.

Damn right and well, if you ask me, both male Necros from MM8 are fookin' PRICELESS. I might prefer the "Nathaniel Roberts" type of these 2, but "Devlin Arcanus" type is just as awesome. :D
Yes?

User avatar
Maslyonok
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 52
Joined: 18 Oct 2018

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Maslyonok » Jul 5 2019, 17:15

Templayer wrote:
Maslyonok wrote:If I want to improve Russian localization, can someone tell me how to get text files? (I mean, it would be nice to translate those pieces of text that were added to the original game with the MMMerge).

Well, I have downloaded the Russian localization from the first post.
Then open up the .lod files by using LodArchiver (get it from GrayFaces site, it takes like 5 seconds to google the download...).
LodArchiver is not unlike WinRar, 7zip and such - it opens up archives. Only this one is made specifically for the 3DO's archives.

Specifically, you can open up - 01 LocRU.EnglishT.lod - and go through the txt files inside. NPCText.txt inside 01 LocRU.EnglishT.lod is the base game's localization for what NPCs say.
For Merge specific texts, open up LocalizeTables.RU.txt (not inside lod, it's just in the russian localization)

But check the other txt files too (both inside the lod archives and outside).


Tnx, I'll try that

User avatar
Xfing
Minotaur
Minotaur
Posts: 673
Joined: 04 Jul 2011

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Xfing » Jul 5 2019, 18:41

SpectralDragon wrote:Damn right and well, if you ask me, both male Necros from MM8 are fookin' PRICELESS. I might prefer the "Nathaniel Roberts" type of these 2, but "Devlin Arcanus" type is just as awesome. :D


I believe Nathaniel Roberts was modelled after Nimbus from Homm3, there's definitely a resemblance. Also love his rather heavy English accent and overall mannerisms :D

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Assassin
Assassin
Posts: 274
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Jul 5 2019, 18:59

Xfing wrote:I believe Nathaniel Roberts was modelled after Nimbus from Homm3, there's definitely a resemblance. Also love his rather heavy English accent and overall mannerisms :D

"Huuh, reminds me of home!" :D :D :D
Yes?

User avatar
Maslyonok
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 52
Joined: 18 Oct 2018

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Maslyonok » Jul 5 2019, 19:56

I have a little question here. Verdant is SHE, right? :D

Chokk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 9
Joined: 30 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Chokk » Jul 5 2019, 22:22

So here is the new promotions guide.

I checked the High Priest/Priest of L/Priest of D. and same for Master Wizard/Arch Mage/Master Necromencer. It's working but choosing the dark/light path in the house of the Dark/Light Master of Enroth is not always working. I had to try about 20 times for each. But at least I can confirm it is possible.

I didn't check the Master necro -> Lich but I trust you for that.

Image
Image
Last edited by Chokk on Jul 6 2019, 11:52, edited 1 time in total.

Emjayen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 47
Joined: 01 Aug 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Emjayen » Jul 6 2019, 4:20

GrayFace wrote:Can't remember the numbers, but it can easily become the bottle neck on 4K+.

There's no reason for that to be the case. If that's what's being observed it's certainly a different cause (unless very old hardware is being targetted; most machines these days have main memory rates of GB's/s and/or very inefficient implementation)

GrayFace wrote:WHAT??? Is that on Intel GPUs? I only tried on Nvidia, soon gonna try on AMD. It has to run at 60fps.

Hardware computational resources are irrelevant; if done correctly, you could throw the entire untransformed world of M&M games without even coarse culling --transferring all resources every frame with zero GPU-side caching-- at a hardware 3D pipeline within the past 10 years and it could process it in a few μs or so.

Where is this "60fps" measurement from? IHV-specific tools are required these days to profile GPU/graphics APIs accurately (e.g, for Nvidia: Nsight).

Profling is complicated by the fact when it comes to data from the userland graphics API, generally there's only support for D3D10 and later; the old D3D interfaces the MM engine uses, aside from not being supported, all go via MS's internal emulation layer, which is implemented via a mixture of the internal GDI interfaces and the the usual D3D UM WDDM driver.

Crappy software like "FRAPS" or something has no hope of reporting accurate data.


GrayFace wrote:Yes, it was enough to locate the issue.

Ah OK. Didn't think it was resolved.
Last edited by Emjayen on Jul 6 2019, 4:25, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Templayer
Minotaur
Minotaur
Posts: 698
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Templayer » Jul 6 2019, 8:35

Chokk wrote:So here is the new promotions guide.

I checked the High Priest/Priest of L/Priest of D. and same for Master Wizard/Arch Mage/Master Necromencer. It's working but choosing the dark/light path in the house of the Dark/Light Master of Enroth is not always working. I had to try about 20 times for each. But at least I can confirm it is possible.

I didn't check the Master necro -> Lich but I trust you for that.

Image
Image
Image

That is not the way it was originally split on the Tracker, but I replaced it with yours anyway. It just means there is quite a lot of white unused space on the left and right of the images, since I refuse to bother combining those into one picture and split them again, since you didn't bother looking at the Tracker at all it seems like. (the tracker pages aren't in 1:1 square aspect ratios...) :canthear:

Anyway, thanks for your contribution. :hug:
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Templayer
Minotaur
Minotaur
Posts: 698
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Templayer » Jul 6 2019, 8:39

Code: Select all

Warping MM6-styled or MM7-styled Paperdolls and Armours into the style of MM8
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBu9g7ZvRAXRlPaaFOdTrjRZSpxcYCLfG
Author: GrayFace
justl wrote:Some kind of written explanation would be very nice for the graphically not so versatile people. thx

Go ask GrayFace then. I asked him for a text tutorial, he told me that the videos are going to be enough. You are the second guy (GDSpectra / SpectralDragon was the first one) saying it is in fact not.

GrayFace wrote:Thou has been prodded
Last edited by Templayer on Jul 6 2019, 8:40, edited 2 times in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

Chokk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 9
Joined: 30 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Chokk » Jul 6 2019, 11:55

Templayer wrote:That is not the way it was originally split on the Tracker, but I replaced it with yours anyway. It just means there is quite a lot of white unused space on the left and right of the images, since I refuse to bother combining those into one picture and split them again, since you didn't bother looking at the Tracker at all it seems like. (the tracker pages aren't in 1:1 square aspect ratios...) :canthear:

Anyway, thanks for your contribution. :hug:


No access to the forum at work (proxy) and i didn't save the link of the tracker. I split it letting the Force guide me... not a Jedi yet obviously :(
I edit my previous post for a more tracker-friendly split. The first part fit in a tracker page.

User avatar
Templayer
Minotaur
Minotaur
Posts: 698
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Templayer » Jul 6 2019, 14:04

Chokk wrote:
Templayer wrote:That is not the way it was originally split on the Tracker, but I replaced it with yours anyway. It just means there is quite a lot of white unused space on the left and right of the images, since I refuse to bother combining those into one picture and split them again, since you didn't bother looking at the Tracker at all it seems like. (the tracker pages aren't in 1:1 square aspect ratios...) :canthear:

Anyway, thanks for your contribution. :hug:


No access to the forum at work (proxy) and i didn't save the link of the tracker. I split it letting the Force guide me... not a Jedi yet obviously :(
I edit my previous post for a more tracker-friendly split. The first part fit in a tracker page.

Thanks. Updated the Tracker with V2 of your splitted version. :devious:
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
alekssandros
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 27
Joined: 18 Jun 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby alekssandros » Jul 7 2019, 7:41

I just saw I need the most powerfull regents to GM alchemy. Can anyone tell me where to find them? I just have eye of dragon (red 50) and catalyst 75

ok, just got the list. If somebory want it, here is

http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/pc/mm7/potions.shtml
Last edited by alekssandros on Jul 7 2019, 7:48, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Assassin
Assassin
Posts: 274
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Jul 7 2019, 10:17

alekssandros wrote:I just saw I need the most powerfull reagents to GM alchemy. Can anyone tell me where to find them? I just have eye of dragon (red 50) and catalyst 75

I think the most powerful magician's shops and alchemy shops sell these ingredients at times, but if you wish to get them naturally, then you can get these in the following ways:

-> All ingredients: Clanker's Laboratory spawns quite a bunch of these once you go raid it, but remember, you can do that only once by my knowledge aka before Archibald moves in. Sometimes you find them separately in most powerful magician's and alchemy shops.

-> Dragon's Eye: There is always one in Tatalia in front of Wromthrax's cave, but else kill Dragons (Antagarich, (maybe) Enroth and Jadame).

-> Elvish Toadstool: commonly found naturally growing in Tularean Forest's wilderness.

-> Vial of Devil Ichor: kill Devils (Antagarich, (maybe) Enroth)

-> Philosopher's Stone: only found at times at the shorelines of Eeofol in Antagarich, which is known as "Land of the Giants" in the game, from my experience, that is (usually you can find them together with Stalt-laced ore as well). Arcomage Tournament chest in MM7 also gets some of these once you win the Arcomage Tournament in Antagarich (MM7) and open it.

Good Luck!
As a bit of a hint, try to do Alchemy with the one that has not only Grandmastery in it, but also as many skill points in it as possible, be it naturally or via items like one relic ring you can find in Jadame. I still remember my bro trying it with a character that had combined 23 skill points + Grandmastery in it and HOLY LORD, the Power numbers of these potions was absolutely ridiculous-bordering, since numbers almost constantly went past 80, sometimes bordering on past 100 8| 8| 8|
Last edited by SpectralDragon on Jul 7 2019, 10:24, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

User avatar
alekssandros
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 27
Joined: 18 Jun 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby alekssandros » Jul 7 2019, 11:39

SpectralDragon wrote:
alekssandros wrote:I just saw I need the most powerfull reagents to GM alchemy. Can anyone tell me where to find them? I just have eye of dragon (red 50) and catalyst 75

I think the most powerful magician's shops and alchemy shops sell these ingredients at times, but if you wish to get them naturally, then you can get these in the following ways:

-> All ingredients: Clanker's Laboratory spawns quite a bunch of these once you go raid it, but remember, you can do that only once by my knowledge aka before Archibald moves in. Sometimes you find them separately in most powerful magician's and alchemy shops.

-> Dragon's Eye: There is always one in Tatalia in front of Wromthrax's cave, but else kill Dragons (Antagarich, (maybe) Enroth and Jadame).

-> Elvish Toadstool: commonly found naturally growing in Tularean Forest's wilderness.

-> Vial of Devil Ichor: kill Devils (Antagarich, (maybe) Enroth)

-> Philosopher's Stone: only found at times at the shorelines of Eeofol in Antagarich, which is known as "Land of the Giants" in the game, from my experience, that is (usually you can find them together with Stalt-laced ore as well). Arcomage Tournament chest in MM7 also gets some of these once you win the Arcomage Tournament in Antagarich (MM7) and open it.

Good Luck!
As a bit of a hint, try to do Alchemy with the one that has not only Grandmastery in it, but also as many skill points in it as possible, be it naturally or via items like one relic ring you can find in Jadame. I still remember my bro trying it with a character that had combined 23 skill points + Grandmastery in it and HOLY LORD, the Power numbers of these potions was absolutely ridiculous-bordering, since numbers almost constantly went past 80, sometimes bordering on past 100 8| 8| 8|


-> Dragon's Eye: got it from the dragon in mire of damned

-> Vial of Devil Ichor: got it so many from Sweet Water devil's patrols

-> Philosopher's Stone: got it in change from circu's pyramids

Just need this -> Elvish Toadstool: I ill try with the circu's pyramids if not, I would go to elvish lands n_n

TY for the tips

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Assassin
Assassin
Posts: 274
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Jul 7 2019, 12:29

alekssandros wrote:-> Dragon's Eye: got it from the dragon in mire of damned

-> Vial of Devil Ichor: got it so many from Sweet Water devil's patrols

-> Philosopher's Stone: got it in change from circu's pyramids

Just need this -> Elvish Toadstool: I ill try with the circu's pyramids if not, I would go to elvish lands n_n

TY for the tips

No problem. :tsup: I still feel very bad for Longfang though, since the game's surroundings hint that it's not as dangerous as Wilbur Humphrey implies, seeing how it only killed would-be heroes and whatnot. But well, that's just me. ^^;

Best of luck and yus, in my experience you'll most often get these from Tularean Forest. Dunno if they can be found in Avlee as well, but hey, trying's not a sin. :D
Yes?

User avatar
alekssandros
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 27
Joined: 18 Jun 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby alekssandros » Jul 7 2019, 14:37

I`m getting a constant CTD when try to aproach to the "Intellect Tent" in bootleg Bay.

If u require a error log, tell me where it is =P

loboramdk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 10
Joined: 07 Jul 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby loboramdk » Jul 7 2019, 16:08

I have followed the install guide and all I get when I start is this: https://imgur.com/a/hkiXJQq

Any help would be appreciated...
Last edited by loboramdk on Jul 7 2019, 16:08, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Templayer
Minotaur
Minotaur
Posts: 698
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Templayer » Jul 7 2019, 16:21

alekssandros wrote:I`m getting a constant CTD when try to aproach to the "Intellect Tent" in bootleg Bay.

If u require a error log, tell me where it is =P

Well, that is a first. The Merge usually gives you a screen with debug info about the crash, but in this case... maybe GrayFace might help.
GrayFace wrote:Prod?


loboramdk wrote:I have followed the install guide and all I get when I start is this: https://imgur.com/a/hkiXJQq

Any help would be appreciated...

And this is a first time as well.

Could you elaborate on your install procedure? What base game version do you use, what exactly did you do, localization,... ?
(also for now you could just download Jamesx's preinstalled version, which simply works after unpacking, as it has everything already - I believe it was this one here https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wXc85ARmKVILnCRI-HBTkmiOFQq1-mvz)
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

loboramdk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 10
Joined: 07 Jul 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby loboramdk » Jul 7 2019, 16:29

Installed MM8 GOG, Greyface latest patch (unselecting all the boxes with MM678 merge conflicts), Greyface MMExtension and MMEditor extraction into game folder, MM678 merge build from this site extraction into game folder, in that order. English localization? Not entirely sure what you mean with localization. But the order in which I did things is the only one that did not end in a crash before loading the first screen, the start game screen.

Have downloaded the link you offered and will now test to see if that works :)

Edited: The link you provided works just as the description of this wonderful project build says it does! Thanks a million, I am going to be speding SO much time in this youth nostalgia remake :applause:


One last question, is there a way to disable the POV-mouse-lock?
Last edited by loboramdk on Jul 7 2019, 17:02, edited 5 times in total.


Return to “Might and Magic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests