Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 11 Jun 2019, 17:22

Templayer wrote: But green seems such a great colour for Lich eyes! I would've wished it for at least one variant. We still have a Troll Lich and a Zombie lich to do, eventually! I vote it for the Troll Lich, since it would be a nice contrast, whereas on a zombie it would be pretty much lost. (contrasting colours are important) :P

I don't care what Ubisoft does. Might and Magic V is nice though, they have really tried with that one. The Sylvans ("Big Tree") and the Dark Elves (Dungeon) are my favourite there. Actually the Blade Dancers from V inspired me to pick up fencing. And I do not mean the sporty fencing thing with white costumes and thin cords with a ball on the end, I can actually fight with ACTUAL BIG-WHOOP swords (one-and-a-half-handed sword, usually referred to in various games with the improper name "Bastard Sword").

But I digress.

Nice. If I have to be critical (and that is only because I love your work!) it is a bit "too cartoonish" (the first portrait) due to the lack of features - some more lines and shapes on the face could maybe do wonders for that. (referring to poisoned portrait)

I do agree on the amount of decomposition of the zombie variety of Minotaur. Even though an injury on the leg could look nice. Your decision, ultimately.
Unless it's a bright green one (aka one that goes into yellow more than into blue), but what? :D :D As for Zombie Liches, I still don't know which color to pick aside a VERY dead-looking red. ^^;

Thank the Ancients for that, as I don't wish people to get bad memories from Ubi causing this and Heroes franchise to decay very much from comments I've seen. Kind of wish to have it all unique and all. ^^;

Where would these lines go though, seeing how we're dealing with a naked nigh-textureless skull there? :confused: :)

Just as long as 1, doesn't have anything to do with movable parts and 2, doesn't force Jamesx to have to convert it into "in-game" layout again. I'll get done with the Mino Lich first before coming to Zombie again, methinks. ^^;
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 11 Jun 2019, 21:01

SpectralDragon wrote: Unless it's a bright green one (aka one that goes into yellow more than into blue), but what? :D :D As for Zombie Liches, I still don't know which color to pick aside a VERY dead-looking red. ^^;
I mean yellow with a black core could look nice for them. :P
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Roticet
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Roticet » 12 Jun 2019, 06:11

Templayer wrote:
SpectralDragon wrote: Unless it's a bright green one (aka one that goes into yellow more than into blue), but what? :D :D As for Zombie Liches, I still don't know which color to pick aside a VERY dead-looking red. ^^;
If we are talking eyes still, one question. Is the ragdoll big enough to show yellow with a black core? If so, I agree that would be cool. But I'm not sure it will be. But then again, Spectral Dragon has been doing some pretty sweet work with the various models he has come up with. Maybe he can get it to work.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 12 Jun 2019, 06:13

Roticet wrote:If we are talking eyes still, one question. Is the ragdoll big enough to show yellow with a black core? If so, I agree that would be cool. But I'm not sure it will be. But then again, Spectral Dragon has been doing some pretty sweet work with the various models he has come up with. Maybe he can get it to work.
Which paperdoll, Zombie one?
Gotta keep in mind there are 2 of these to process, male and female ones. :tongue:
Yes?

Roticet
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Roticet » 12 Jun 2019, 06:52

Yeah, the zombie one.

I was thinking about writing up a mini story for that dungeon we were talking about earlier. Rodril mentioned that there is an unused dungeon he would use for it. Could someone get me the "talking" text files of Verdant? So that way I can write the intro into the dungeon. And yes, I'm going to keep pushing for this because I love the idea. I want to have those files so I can look over them and write a proper tie-in into the dungeon. Could easily write up something that ties with the forces that Verdant is messing with. I was also going to use Templayers' merge doc to make sure I can write up some lines for everyone that has credits listed on there. If there is anything specific anyone would like to say or add, PM me and I will make sure to add it.
Last edited by Roticet on 12 Jun 2019, 10:34, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 12 Jun 2019, 15:30

Roticet wrote:
Templayer wrote:
If we are talking eyes still, one question. Is the ragdoll big enough to show yellow with a black core? If so, I agree that would be cool. But I'm not sure it will be. But then again, Spectral Dragon has been doing some pretty sweet work with the various models he has come up with. Maybe he can get it to work.
I meant Zombie Liches having yellow eyes with black cores. Hmm, since we have to process two, maybe the females having blue with a black core would be nice. :D

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 12 Jun 2019, 16:59

Templayer wrote:I meant Zombie Liches having yellow eyes with black cores. Hmm, since we have to process two, maybe the females having blue with a black core would be nice. :D
This idea might sound too extreme, but shouldn't zombie liches be just... liches? :) They're not some different species.
So, ahead are lich zombie dragons, lich zombie minotaurs, dwarves and trolls? Following this trajectory I'd love to have minotaur trolls at some point :D
Last edited by GrayFace on 12 Jun 2019, 17:05, edited 1 time in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Crusader_bin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Crusader_bin » 12 Jun 2019, 17:12

Than Ghost Pirates AND Pirate Ghosts! :D
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun!

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 12 Jun 2019, 17:31

GrayFace wrote:This idea might sound too extreme, but shouldn't zombie liches be just... liches? :) They're not some different species.
So, ahead are lich zombie dragons, lich zombie minotaurs, dwarves and trolls? Following this trajectory I'd love to have minotaur trolls at some point :D
I´d agree, just in case I wouldn´t burn myself out ... and the paperdoll would be like 1/2 Lich, 1/2 Zombie. ;) :tongue:

Speaking of stuff, GrayFace, I think Templayer has problems again.
Templayer wrote:So I did get the update... and it didn't work. So I tried a clean install, newly downloaded base merge, the newest update, and all possible combinations with or without GrayFace's newest patch.
Nothing seems to affect this. Nothing. There is something wrong again. Arrgh. :D

Code: Select all

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:447: struct expected, got nil

stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1044: in function <Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1036>
	...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:447: in function <...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:445>
	[C]: in function 'pcall'
	Scripts/Core/Common.lua:102: in function 'pcall2'
	Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1006: in function '__index'
	...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:481: in function <...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:474>
	...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:36: in function 'OldGame'
	...The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\CharacterOutfits.lua:10: in function 'OldGame'
	...ERGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\GlobalTxt.lua:4: in function 'OldGame'
	...E - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\RacialSkills.lua:5: in function 'OldGame'
	...rld of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\RemoveHouseRulesLimits.lua:61: in function 'OldGame'
	...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\RemoveItemsLimits.lua:22: in function <...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\RemoveItemsLimits.lua:21>
	...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:15: in function <...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:14>

arguments of '...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:447':
	define = (table: 0x0557e1a0)

upvalues of '...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:447':
	mmver = 8
	mmv = (function: 0x045b34e0)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:447: struct expected, got nil

stack traceback:
	...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:447: in function <...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:445>
	...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:481: in function <...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:474>
	...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:36: in function 'OldGame'
	...The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\CharacterOutfits.lua:10: in function 'OldGame'
	...ERGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\GlobalTxt.lua:4: in function 'OldGame'
	...E - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\RacialSkills.lua:5: in function 'OldGame'
	...rld of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\RemoveHouseRulesLimits.lua:61: in function 'OldGame'
	...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\RemoveItemsLimits.lua:22: in function <...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\RemoveItemsLimits.lua:21>
	...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:15: in function <...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:14>

mmver = 8
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:481: struct expected, got nil

stack traceback:

arguments of '...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:481':
	define = (table: 0x0557cb20)

local variables of '...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:481':
	p = 0

upvalues of '...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:481':
	mmver = 8
	MTargetBuf = nil
	MTarget = nil
	i4 = (table: 0x0457cf70)
	u4 = (table: 0x0457c790)
> 

stack traceback:

mmver = 8
...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:481: struct expected, got nil

stack traceback:

local variables of '...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:481':
	p = 0

mmver = 8
	MTargetBuf = nil
	MTarget = nil
...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:36: struct expected, got nil

stack traceback:

arguments of 'OldGame':
	define = (table: 0x055a2100)

upvalues of 'OldGame':
	mmver = 8
	mmv = (function: 0x04d470a0)
	pchar = (table: 0x0457c500)
	PatchOptionsPtr = 62866356
> 

stack traceback:

mmver = 8

stack traceback:

p = 0

mmver = 8
	MTargetBuf = nil
	MTarget = nil
...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:36: struct expected, got nil

stack traceback:

arguments of 'OldGame':

upvalues of 'OldGame':
	mmver = 8
...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:15: attempt to index field 'GameStructure' (a nil value)

stack traceback:
	...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua: in function <...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:14>

local variables of '...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua':
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = "attempt to index field 'GameStructure' (a nil value)"

upvalues of '...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua':
	PatchDll = (table: 0x04d471d0)
> 

stack traceback:

mmver = 8

stack traceback:

p = 0

mmver = 8
	MTargetBuf = nil
	MTarget = nil

stack traceback:

arguments of 'OldGame':

upvalues of 'OldGame':
	mmver = 8
...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:15: attempt to index field 'GameStructure' (a nil value)

stack traceback:
	...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua: in function <...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:14>

local variables of '...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua':
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil

...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:43: attempt to index global 'Game' (a nil value)

stack traceback:
	...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua: in function <...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:42>

local variables of '...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua':
	(*temporary) = (function: builtin#13)
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = "attempt to index global 'Game' (a nil value)"

upvalues of '...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua':
	mmver = 8
	FindInMapStats = (function: 0x045b3588)
	FindInObjList = (function: 0x045fa2d0)
> 

stack traceback:

mmver = 8

stack traceback:

p = 0

mmver = 8
	MTargetBuf = nil
	MTarget = nil

stack traceback:

arguments of 'OldGame':

upvalues of 'OldGame':
	mmver = 8

stack traceback:

(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil

...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:43: attempt to index global 'Game' (a nil value)

stack traceback:
	...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua: in function <...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:42>

local variables of '...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua':
	(*temporary) = (function: builtin#13)
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil

upvalues of '...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua':
	mmver = 8
	FindInMapStats = (function: 0x045b3588)
	FindInObjList = (function: 0x045fa2d0)
...E - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\After\Backup.lua:49: attempt to index global 'Game' (a nil value)

stack traceback:
	...E - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\After\Backup.lua:49: in function 'dofile'
	Scripts\Core\main.lua:484: in main chunk

local variables of 'dofile':
	_KNOWNGLOBALS_F = nil
	LocalFiles = (table: 0x04592938)
	LocalFileProc = (function: 0x04592af0)
	_NOGLOBALS_END = nil
	(*temporary) = (function: 0x04592af0)
	(*temporary) = nil
> 

Yes?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 12 Jun 2019, 18:04

Ok, people, I'll try to do Mino Lich before June 30th, as then I'll be absent for 1 week because I'm going somewhere else for summer holidays. After that, who knows, maybe a Troll as long as I can keep my laptop in the working order? (shrug)
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 12 Jun 2019, 18:11

GrayFace wrote:
Templayer wrote:I meant Zombie Liches having yellow eyes with black cores. Hmm, since we have to process two, maybe the females having blue with a black core would be nice. :D
This idea might sound too extreme, but shouldn't zombie liches be just... liches? :) They're not some different species.
You cannot have a Minotaur Troll, that makes no sense! :D :D

Also the purpose of liching is to make the individual an enhanced undead creature. Since zombies and vampires are already undead, they just need the eyes to finish the "dark ascension". :D :P
Last edited by Templayer on 12 Jun 2019, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.

Crusader_bin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Crusader_bin » 12 Jun 2019, 18:38

Do whatever that floats your boat, but I think that liche condition is disconnecting yourself from the flesh and preserving the mind. Zombifying kind of destroys the mind irreversibly. I don't mind it beeing as option at all, just I would never choose such a thing myself :)
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun!

Jamesx
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jamesx » 12 Jun 2019, 18:51

Hi!) :)
MinoZombie was updated!
That's how he looks now:
:down:
DOWNLOAD
the link from previous post was updated too

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 12 Jun 2019, 19:22

Crusader_bin wrote:Do whatever that floats your boat, but I think that liche condition is disconnecting yourself from the flesh and preserving the mind. Zombifying kind of destroys the mind irreversibly. I don't mind it beeing as option at all, just I would never choose such a thing myself :)
Depends on your edition of DnD, mate! There were some zombie liches, I even remember one from a Dungeons and Dragons movie (dunno if 1 or 2... or a different one alltogether).
A Liche is someone that took an "shortcut" to make himself immortal, becoming undead.
I already had the irreversible zombie brain damage discussion with Xfing (I believe) - and you need to check the sources. I mean it. Compare Zombie voices with Troll voices. Zombies are actually capable of producing far more complex sentences that the trolls, in Might and Magic at least. (and some Heroes in Heroes might actually be zombies, we do not know for sure) Since Zombies are smarter than Trolls, then I do not see a reason for them not to become Zombie Liches due to them being "dumb".

And I just realized how awesome it would be to have a Troll Battle Mage / War Mage! :P

Jamesx wrote:Hi!) :)
MinoZombie was updated!
That's how he looks now:
:down:
DOWNLOAD
the link from previous post was updated too
NICE. I WAS CORRECT IN MY ASSUMPTION. The leg injury really did make quite the difference! Now it is pretty much perfect. :P :D

Edit: I just noticed the right leg. "PERFECT MIX"
Last edited by Templayer on 12 Jun 2019, 19:29, edited 2 times in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 12 Jun 2019, 19:28

Templayer wrote:NICE. I WAS CORRECT IN MY ASSUMPTION. The leg injury really did make quite the difference! Now it is pretty much perfect. :P :D

Me, you and Jamesx. Making Might and Magic games be justified in having a PG rating at least 16 since 2017. :D :D :D
Because we all know why was 6 rated PG 15-16 something and other 2 weren't, don't we? Lair of the Wolf. :D And to think I played MM6 since I was 12-14 ... :D I was a bizarre kid.
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 12 Jun 2019, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 12 Jun 2019, 19:37

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote:NICE. I WAS CORRECT IN MY ASSUMPTION. The leg injury really did make quite the difference! Now it is pretty much perfect. :P :D

Me, you and Jamesx. Making Might and Magic games be justified in having a PG rating at least 16 since 2017. :D :D :D
Because we all know why was 6 rated PG 15-16 something and other 2 weren't, don't we? Lair of the Wolf. :D And to think I played MM6 since I was 12-14 ... :D I was a bizarre kid.
I just realized one thing we have somewhat missed. And it might not be that hard to implement, at least in theory. (probably will be a b*tch to implement if it isn't easily configurable)
The breath weapon projectile. Shouldn't it be recoloured to what the portraits spit during the attack for Dracoliches and Blood Dragons? :D :oex:

:jester: :gong: :tiger: :rumor: :gking2: :bug:

EDIT: I was 7-8 when I have played MM6 first. My uncle still has that 600 page long manual. And it took me 12 hours to bypass the copy protection on that goddamn MM6 hybrid data-audio CD! :D
Last edited by Templayer on 12 Jun 2019, 19:41, edited 1 time in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 12 Jun 2019, 19:42

Templayer wrote:I just realized one thing we have somewhat missed. And it might not be that hard to implement, at least in theory. (probably will be a b*tch to implement if it isn't easily configurable)
The breath weapon projectile. Shouldn't it be recoloured to what the portraits spit during the attack for Dracoliches and Blood Dragons? :D :oex:

YES! But I dunno how would Rodril make it work, especially in Dracolich's case ^^; in Ghost Dragon's case, he could simply implement either Bone Dragon's or Cleric of the Sun's projectiles as "breath weapon".
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 12 Jun 2019, 19:51

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote:I just realized one thing we have somewhat missed. And it might not be that hard to implement, at least in theory. (probably will be a b*tch to implement if it isn't easily configurable)

YES! But I dunno how would Rodril make it work, especially in Dracolich's case ^^; in Ghost Dragon's case, he could simply implement either Bone Dragon's or Cleric of the Sun's projectiles as "breath weapon".
Perhaps, but a recolour would also do the trick. The original breath projectile isn't that bad.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 12 Jun 2019, 19:57

Templayer wrote:Perhaps, but a recolour would also do the trick. The original breath projectile isn't that bad.
As long as particles wouldn't be a pain to recolor ... and if I'd know the name of the file/ that is/are used to render a breath weapon. Hmmmmm ...
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 12 Jun 2019, 20:09

GrayFace wrote: So, ahead are lich zombie dragons, lich zombie minotaurs, dwarves and trolls? Following this trajectory I'd love to have minotaur trolls at some point :D
I got one step further ahead of you. Thus I present to you... a Minotaur Troll Zombie. :D :D :D

EDIT: This could be made into an easter egg. Playing as a race = minotaur and class = troll and getting zombified would result in this. And every portrait would just be a trollface. :D
Last edited by Templayer on 12 Jun 2019, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”