Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Templayer
Devil
Devil

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Unread postby Templayer » 10 Jun 2019, 15:37

SpectralDragon wrote:Ok, people, this might be another pet project, but here, I˙m gonna need your help. I have 2 complete paperdolls of it and I wish you all to choose one. One is more anatomically correct (in my view), but the other works with armors and other equipment that the character will wear and carry.

Compatible with armors:

Anatomically correct:

Which one is better?
Remember again, these are prototypes. They will change. ;)
I am the only once to notice the difference at the first glance, it seems. Compatible version, I guess.
SpectralDragon wrote:
Roticet wrote:Ah, now that I have gone back and checked, I see it. The top one has an indent with the shirt coming off the body into a point. Where as the 2nd one is smooth. I would honestly have never even noticed the difference if you hadn't pointed them out to me Spectral. Use whichever is easiest to work with is my answer. If that means the compatible one, then go for it. I like both models shown.
Yus, I've left that indent in the 1st one just as convenience for GrayFace, Templayer and Rodril to easily get armors fitting onto him ... but I'll still take heed of both you and Crusader. I need to color his bones into more lichy colors anyways as well as (potentially) make his horns bigger ...
... and speaking of more suggestions, what color should his eye orbs be? It's why I've left his eyeholes empty for now.
PURPLE. BECAUSE MY FAVOURITE COLOUR IS PURPLE, AND MY FAVOURITE RACE IN MM ARE MINOTAURS! :D :D :D
(you could look at my website for my symbol for inspiration, since it is purple as well)
SpectralDragon wrote: When it comes to horns there, from what I saw from the infamous video I mentioned to Templayer (How to clean up a cow skull, skin, muscle and everything), it's 1/2 actual size and 1/2 perspective, since the way that the head is positioned here would make horns somewhat 20-30% smaller from our PoW. If said Lich Mino would lower his head more, then horns would definitely be bigger, but as you said, still not as big as ones from MM7, so yeah. ^^; As for horn color, believe it or not, horns are generally more stained brown than the rest of bovine skeleton counting off hooves, thus they'll definitely not be paler than the skull, instead being more dark and "filthy" if I can express it like that.

Point taken.
Could you make the horns the same as the portrait image ones from your earlier drawings? And make it white? That might not be realistic, but those big white horns look awesome on the drawing!
Rodril wrote:
SpectralDragon wrote:Any news on Redone and Fixed Dracolich as well as Zombie Minotaur game portraits and paperdoll applications?
Last versions of Dracolich and Ghost Dragon portraits have been implemented.
Crusader_bin wrote:Could you please explain what is the change about the view range in this patch in Editor Outdoor Infinite View.lua?
I made it toggleable from video options menu, look for "Increase view range" under preview window.
Templayer wrote:What about the Goblin Male parts being replaced by Dwarf Lich paperdoll parts, resulting in a messed up paperdoll for both Goblin Males?
That's fixed.
Roticet wrote:2. The wetsuit thing you are talking about, I am prolly remembering this wrong, but I think that's how Rodril fixed the wetsuits not working on Dragons. Which meant in the early days of the merge, you couldn't beat 7 normally if you had dragons. You also would have a 5th slot down cause originally you only got 4 wetsuits. Rodril changed it so you can get 5 wetsuits, among the previously mentioned change. The blaster issue seems to me like it is a left over bug from the wetsuits.
Dragons won't be able to wear wetsuits anymore. Not necessary to wear it, enough to have it in inventory of character. Though water walk buff you'll have only while wetsuit equipped.
Insane speed of shooting with bow is fixed too.
SpectralDragon wrote:As for the 2nd thing, which color should Lich Mino's eye orbs be?
Hmm. I thought red eyes is a default bundle for lich, is not it?
AWESOME! EXCELLENT JOB, RODRIL! :hug: :yes: :oex: :applause:
We actually talked about eye colour for liches before and we decided for different colours to have a better diversity. Blue, Green, Yellow... those all would look awesome on liches!
Last edited by Templayer on 10 Jun 2019, 15:40, edited 1 time in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 10 Jun 2019, 16:00

Templayer wrote:I am the only once to notice the difference at the first glance, it seems. Compatible version, I guess.
Completely, LOL, so compatible version it is! :D I´ll do the bigger horns and colorize his bones differently on that one as well as well ... eyes. :P
Templayer wrote:PURPLE. BECAUSE MY FAVOURITE COLOUR IS PURPLE, AND MY FAVOURITE RACE IN MM ARE MINOTAURS! :D :D :D
(you could look at my website for my symbol for inspiration, since it is purple as well)
Okays! Was thinking in making it either more reddish-purple or bluish-purple depending on moods he´s in. ;)
Templayer wrote:Could you make the horns the same as the portrait image ones from your earlier drawings? And make it white? That might not be realistic, but those big white horns look awesome on the drawing!
Okays, maybe more yellowish white, but mostly white. Pray that doesn˙t backfire on me! :D :D
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 10 Jun 2019, 16:16

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote:I am the only once to notice the difference at the first glance, it seems. Compatible version, I guess.
Completely, LOL, so compatible version it is! :D I´ll do the bigger horns and colorize his bones differently on that one as well as well ... eyes. :P
Templayer wrote:PURPLE. BECAUSE MY FAVOURITE COLOUR IS PURPLE, AND MY FAVOURITE RACE IN MM ARE MINOTAURS! :D :D :D
Okays! Was thinking in making it either more reddish-purple or bluish-purple depending on moods he´s in. ;)
Templayer wrote:Could you make the horns the same as the portrait image ones from your earlier drawings? And make it white? That might not be realistic, but those big white horns look awesome on the drawing!
*Picture*
Okays, maybe more yellowish white, but mostly white. Pray that doesn˙t backfire on me! :D :D
The mood swings changing the purple to reddish-purple or bluish-purple seems great!
Last edited by Templayer on 10 Jun 2019, 16:17, edited 1 time in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 10 Jun 2019, 16:49

Templayer wrote: The mood swings changing the purple to reddish-purple or bluish-purple seems great!
How does it look?

Yes, I know that the paperdoll has a briefly broken arm there. He won´t have that in the game, I´ve tried my best! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 10 Jun 2019, 16:51, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 10 Jun 2019, 17:24

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote: The mood swings changing the purple to reddish-purple or bluish-purple seems great!
How does it look?
*Posted awesome pictures*

Yes, I know that the paperdoll has a briefly broken arm there. He won´t have that in the game, I´ve tried my best! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
Nice. Maybe those horns a little wee bit lower so that they do not appear to be floating above the head, and use resulting gain of space to elongate them a wee bit upwards. :P
EDIT: I do love their colouring. Great job.
Last edited by Templayer on 10 Jun 2019, 17:27, edited 1 time in total.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 10 Jun 2019, 17:30

@spectraldragon: when you want redraw armors from mm6/7 could plz begin with artifacts/relics - which are momentarily locked?
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 10 Jun 2019, 17:34

justl wrote:@spectraldragon: when you want redraw armors from mm6/7 could plz begin with artifacts/relics - which are momentarily locked?
Locked? I thought GrayFace did all the relic and artifact armours?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 10 Jun 2019, 17:37

GrayFace wrote:
Rodril wrote:
So I did get the update... and it didn't work. So I tried a clean install, newly downloaded base merge, the newest update, and all possible combinations with or without GrayFace's newest patch.
Nothing seems to affect this. Nothing. There is something wrong again. Arrgh. :D

Code: Select all

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:447: struct expected, got nil

stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1044: in function <Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1036>
	...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:447: in function <...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:445>
	[C]: in function 'pcall'
	Scripts/Core/Common.lua:102: in function 'pcall2'
	Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1006: in function '__index'
	...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:481: in function <...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:474>
	...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:36: in function 'OldGame'
	...The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\CharacterOutfits.lua:10: in function 'OldGame'
	...ERGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\GlobalTxt.lua:4: in function 'OldGame'
	...E - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\RacialSkills.lua:5: in function 'OldGame'
	...rld of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\RemoveHouseRulesLimits.lua:61: in function 'OldGame'
	...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\RemoveItemsLimits.lua:22: in function <...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\RemoveItemsLimits.lua:21>
	...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:15: in function <...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:14>

arguments of '...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:447':
	define = (table: 0x0557e1a0)

upvalues of '...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:447':
	mmver = 8
	mmv = (function: 0x045b34e0)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:447: struct expected, got nil

stack traceback:
	...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:447: in function <...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:445>
	...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:481: in function <...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:474>
	...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:36: in function 'OldGame'
	...The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\CharacterOutfits.lua:10: in function 'OldGame'
	...ERGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\GlobalTxt.lua:4: in function 'OldGame'
	...E - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\RacialSkills.lua:5: in function 'OldGame'
	...rld of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\RemoveHouseRulesLimits.lua:61: in function 'OldGame'
	...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\RemoveItemsLimits.lua:22: in function <...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\RemoveItemsLimits.lua:21>
	...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:15: in function <...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:14>

mmver = 8
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:481: struct expected, got nil

stack traceback:

arguments of '...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:481':
	define = (table: 0x0557cb20)

local variables of '...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:481':
	p = 0

upvalues of '...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:481':
	mmver = 8
	MTargetBuf = nil
	MTarget = nil
	i4 = (table: 0x0457cf70)
	u4 = (table: 0x0457c790)
> 

stack traceback:

mmver = 8
...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:481: struct expected, got nil

stack traceback:

local variables of '...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:481':
	p = 0

mmver = 8
	MTargetBuf = nil
	MTarget = nil
...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:36: struct expected, got nil

stack traceback:

arguments of 'OldGame':
	define = (table: 0x055a2100)

upvalues of 'OldGame':
	mmver = 8
	mmv = (function: 0x04d470a0)
	pchar = (table: 0x0457c500)
	PatchOptionsPtr = 62866356
> 

stack traceback:

mmver = 8

stack traceback:

p = 0

mmver = 8
	MTargetBuf = nil
	MTarget = nil
...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:36: struct expected, got nil

stack traceback:

arguments of 'OldGame':

upvalues of 'OldGame':
	mmver = 8
...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:15: attempt to index field 'GameStructure' (a nil value)

stack traceback:
	...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua: in function <...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:14>

local variables of '...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua':
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = "attempt to index field 'GameStructure' (a nil value)"

upvalues of '...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua':
	PatchDll = (table: 0x04d471d0)
> 

stack traceback:

mmver = 8

stack traceback:

p = 0

mmver = 8
	MTargetBuf = nil
	MTarget = nil

stack traceback:

arguments of 'OldGame':

upvalues of 'OldGame':
	mmver = 8
...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:15: attempt to index field 'GameStructure' (a nil value)

stack traceback:
	...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua: in function <...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:14>

local variables of '...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua':
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil

...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:43: attempt to index global 'Game' (a nil value)

stack traceback:
	...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua: in function <...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:42>

local variables of '...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua':
	(*temporary) = (function: builtin#13)
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = "attempt to index global 'Game' (a nil value)"

upvalues of '...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua':
	mmver = 8
	FindInMapStats = (function: 0x045b3588)
	FindInObjList = (function: 0x045fa2d0)
> 

stack traceback:

mmver = 8

stack traceback:

p = 0

mmver = 8
	MTargetBuf = nil
	MTarget = nil

stack traceback:

arguments of 'OldGame':

upvalues of 'OldGame':
	mmver = 8

stack traceback:

(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil

...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:43: attempt to index global 'Game' (a nil value)

stack traceback:
	...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua: in function <...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:42>

local variables of '...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua':
	(*temporary) = (function: builtin#13)
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil

upvalues of '...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua':
	mmver = 8
	FindInMapStats = (function: 0x045b3588)
	FindInObjList = (function: 0x045fa2d0)
...E - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\After\Backup.lua:49: attempt to index global 'Game' (a nil value)

stack traceback:
	...E - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\After\Backup.lua:49: in function 'dofile'
	Scripts\Core\main.lua:484: in main chunk

local variables of 'dofile':
	_KNOWNGLOBALS_F = nil
	LocalFiles = (table: 0x04592938)
	LocalFileProc = (function: 0x04592af0)
	_NOGLOBALS_END = nil
	(*temporary) = (function: 0x04592af0)
	(*temporary) = nil
> 

Last edited by Templayer on 10 Jun 2019, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.

Jamesx
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jamesx » 10 Jun 2019, 17:42

SpectralDragon wrote:
How does it look?
Looks awesome)))
Here is a port of your MinoZombie)) ;)
For those who will made a replace for original pc22 Mino - there is a one of his hands (pc22rhd.bmp) I found in patch.icons.lod archive - dot't forget to replace it too))
:down:
DOWNLOAD
Last edited by Jamesx on 12 Jun 2019, 18:40, edited 2 times in total.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 10 Jun 2019, 18:24

Templayer wrote:
justl wrote:@spectraldragon: when you want redraw armors from mm6/7 could plz begin with artifacts/relics - which are momentarily locked?
Locked? I thought GrayFace did all the relic and artifact armours?
there are definitly some not availiable ... like cloaks, helmets, belts, shoes, etc. - thats the ones i meant (sorry if i confused you with armours)
Last edited by justl on 10 Jun 2019, 18:25, edited 1 time in total.
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 10 Jun 2019, 19:09

SpectralDragon wrote:Compatible with armors:
This one looks better. The bump makes him look more... balanced.
The face is a bit weird. Like he's put white powder all over it.
SpectralDragon wrote:I'd wish of you to properly convert them back into their original formats, as due to GIMP on my side being an ass I was forced to turn them into RGB .pngs and make sure nothing is wrong with them if they're imported into the game as well.
Always edit interface elements in RGB mode, no matter in GIMP or not. Palette conversion would do a better job than if you restrain yourself to a palette from the beginning.
SpectralDragon wrote:As for the 2nd thing, which color should Lich Mino's eye orbs be?
How about green:
Purple is cool as well.
Last edited by GrayFace on 10 Jun 2019, 19:11, edited 2 times in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 10 Jun 2019, 20:32

Templayer wrote:Nice. Maybe those horns a little wee bit lower so that they do not appear to be floating above the head, and use resulting gain of space to elongate them a wee bit upwards. :P
EDIT: I do love their colouring. Great job.
Tried it, looked completely out of place. That's as much as I can do, sorry. ^^; That aside, thank you!
Jamesx wrote:Looks awesome)))
Here is a port of your MinoZombie)) ;)
For those who will made a replace for original pc22 Mino - there is a one of his hands (pc22rhd.bmp) I found in patch.icons.lod archive - dot't forget to replace it too))
:down:
DOWNLOAD
Thank you very much! :D :D Rodril, this one is yours!
Rodril wrote:*poke poke poke*
GrayFace wrote: This one (armor compatible) looks better. The bump makes him look more... balanced.
The face is a bit weird. Like he's put white powder all over it.

Always edit in RGB mode, no matter in GIMP or not. Palette conversion would do a better job than if you restrain yourself to a palette from the beginning.

How about green:
Purple is cool as well.
Thanks and yeah, it's texturing that's doing that effect. I'll make sure to fix it asap. :)

Okays, as you say! :tsup: :tsup:

I was thinking it to be his "Poisoned" eye color, actually. Still a nice job on the edit. :D :tsup:
Yes?

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 10 Jun 2019, 20:34

Green works too, though it's a bit ubisoft-ish :D

Purple is perfectly acceptable, because taht's what female liches in MM7 and 8 have anyway, though the most prevalent color appears to be red.

I'd go with purple, personally

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 10 Jun 2019, 20:37

Xfing wrote:Green works too, though it's a bit ubisoft-ish :D

Purple is perfectly acceptable, because taht's what female liches in MM7 and 8 have anyway, though the most prevalent color appears to be red.

I'd go with purple, personally
Ubisoft-ish? :/ :|

As I'd do, even though she-Liches have more of a pink hue to their eyes from what I saw.
Yes?

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 10 Jun 2019, 20:45

SpectralDragon wrote: Ubisoft-ish? :/ :|
Yeah, if I recall they used green a lot for the undead, in heroes 5 at least - both units and hero portraits.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 10 Jun 2019, 20:51

Xfing wrote:
SpectralDragon wrote: Ubisoft-ish? :/ :|
Yeah, if I recall they used green a lot for the undead, in heroes 5 at least - both units and hero portraits.
There is a difference though, since in my case, it's more of a sickly grayish green like you see on male Liches in MM7 (check their legs). Ubisoft uses bright neon poison green instead (WAAAAY too frequently if you ask me) ... and believe me, those are prototypes anyways; they'll not remain like that. ;)
And before I forget, I also blame the background for the greenish look, since I actually used grayish brown I stead for the bones and faint yellow for the bandages.
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 10 Jun 2019, 20:53, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 10 Jun 2019, 21:07

As for the mino zombie - not that I'm complaining since it's great to have a paperdoll for these in any shape or form - but the decay doesn't look very advanced yet, now does it? Do you plan on working from there and removing more chunks of flesh or something, or is tahis as far as you're going? Speaking of a sickly greenish hue, maybe it'd be a cool idea to have that on the mino zombie, either the entirety of the sprite or at least some large spots on its body. This would let it stand a bit more apart from the baseline mino sprite.
Last edited by Xfing on 10 Jun 2019, 21:08, edited 1 time in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 10 Jun 2019, 21:17

Xfing wrote:As for the mino zombie - not that I'm complaining since it's great to have a paperdoll for these in any shape or form - but the decay doesn't look very advanced yet, now does it? Do you plan on working from there and removing more chunks of flesh or something, or is tahis as far as you're going? Speaking of a sickly greenish hue, maybe it'd be a cool idea to have that on the mino zombie, either the entirety of the sprite or at least some large spots on its body. This would let it stand a bit more apart from the baseline mino sprite.
Not at all and tbh, I was shooting for that kind of decay, since classic Zombies don't look very decayed as well aside their face. :P And let's be honest here, he already has his stomach deflated like a corpse in an advanced state of decomposition as well as a missing eye and sinewy cheeks, thus I think that's as much decay as I wished him to have. ^^;
I cannot make them be very visible with the tone of the body I gave him though (which is 4d4d4d), thus even if the idea is good I sadly ain't gonna follow through it. ^^; I mainly tried to make him into more of a classical Zombie there that has no trace of green on himself/herself, just dull grey tones and whatnot aside the tattered clothing (and added black in Mino's case due to well, decomposition). :D
Yes?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 11 Jun 2019, 15:41

Let this show you people just how wonky Minotaur skull anatomy seems to be! :D :D :D

Poisoned
Insane

And this is a WIP of Diseased as well as Diseased image itself. :D :D
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 11 Jun 2019, 17:07

SpectralDragon wrote: I was thinking it to be his "Poisoned" eye color, actually. Still a nice job on the edit. :D :tsup:
But green seems such a great colour for Lich eyes! I would've wished it for at least one variant. We still have a Troll Lich and a Zombie lich to do, eventually! I vote it for the Troll Lich, since it would be a nice contrast, whereas on a zombie it would be pretty much lost. (contrasting colours are important) :P

I don't care what Ubisoft does. Might and Magic V is nice though, they have really tried with that one. The Sylvans ("Big Tree") and the Dark Elves (Dungeon) are my favourite there. Actually the Blade Dancers from V inspired me to pick up fencing. And I do not mean the sporty fencing thing with white costumes and thin cords with a ball on the end, I can actually fight with ACTUAL BIG-WHOOP swords (one-and-a-half-handed sword, usually referred to in various games with the improper name "Bastard Sword").

But I digress.
SpectralDragon wrote:Let this show you people just how wonky Minotaur skull anatomy seems to be! :D :D :D
Nice. If I have to be critical (and that is only because I love your work!) it is a bit "too cartoonish" (the first portrait) due to the lack of features - some more lines and shapes on the face could maybe do wonders for that. (referring to poisoned portrait)

I do agree on the amount of decomposition of the zombie variety of Minotaur. Even though an injury on the leg could look nice. Your decision, ultimately.

Return to “Might and Magic”