Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 31.05.2019]

Unread postby DaveHer » 06 Jun 2019, 20:10

A suggestion:
In Mount Nighon there is a mountain that you can not fly up to because of the limitation of flying. But there are some goodies up there. Perhaps a quest given by some NPC to teleport you up there as a reward for helping he/she. As for me I plain to build me a bridge (with blender) to take me up there. You are welcome to have this bridge when I finish with it. But I think a quest would be better.
David

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 06 Jun 2019, 20:26

DaveHer wrote:A suggestion:
In Mount Nighon there is a mountain that you can not fly up to because of the limitation of flying. But there are some goodies up there. Perhaps a quest given by some NPC to teleport you up there as a reward for helping he/she. As for me I plain to build me a bridge (with blender) to take me up there. You are welcome to have this bridge when I finish with it. But I think a quest would be better.
David
You're using Blender? Are you then able to get this awesome model and turn it into prototype images for all portrait expressions (56-57 images) and the paperdoll for the Erathian Black Dragon, please?
https://youtu.be/-Hw6KW0NyLE

You'll be doing a ton of favors for both me and others. All I'd wish to see if them is that they're big source images and that they're having transparent backgrounds. I'll link you Dracolich/Ghost Dragon source images just to give you some ideas. :)
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 06 Jun 2019, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 06 Jun 2019, 20:35

Pixoala wrote:No problem. New races are availables !
Still got the bug with 2 characters:
Yeah, but which ones are those? Are those dwarven liches? Or goblins? Or undead dragons? We can deduce that by checking off what other characters are there, and whomever is left is our thing. I cannot tell which other characters are in. Are goblins there, including two with these portraits, but normal bodies? What unlocked characters are there? The missing one is probably going to be our culprit. Then I can check the indexes if there is a bad index somewhere, or something like that. Are zombies in?!
It's frustrating not being able to check myself.

Wait. Those might be goblins, deduced from teh stats. D'oh.
GrayFace wrote:prod
Could you perhaps spare a little bit of your time (oh great lord and savior), and check how it came to this and how to fix it? I cannot get the Merge running, so I AM BLIND HERE. :D
It's probably something trivial and stupid.
Last edited by Templayer on 06 Jun 2019, 20:39, edited 3 times in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 06 Jun 2019, 21:49

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote:As Spectral already said, the Brimstone Capnolithyl and the Brimstone from Shadowspire are the same character. By that I mean that one is a direct reference to the other. Maybe Rodril could at least change him from Dragon Dragon (race + class) to Vampire Dragon. That would be awesome. With a switch in a configuration file, so that hardcore purists might turn that off. Making him a Vampire race would provide him with Vampiric Abilities.
Exactly. Might as well go to the end, eh? :D :D
Vampire Dragon paperdolls should totally have a black collar around their neck with a big ruby in the middle of it. Yet another reference. Regular Vampire paperdolls all have a Nightshade Amulet on them.
David
Use the Jump spell repeatedly to "scale" the sides of the mountain, you'll eventually reach the top. Having two characters capable of casting Jump helps with this.
Last edited by Daedros on 06 Jun 2019, 21:51, edited 2 times in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 06 Jun 2019, 21:53

Daedros wrote: Vampire Dragon paperdolls should totally have a black collar around their neck with a big ruby in the middle of it. Yet another reference. Regular Vampire paperdolls all have a Nightshade Amulet on them as well.
This is how I'll depict said Vampiric/Blood Dragons.
Yes, it's from In the Wake of Gods mod for Heroes III, but well, I already referenced official Heroes III with Ghost Dragons and whatnot. :D Might as well reference one of the fan mods as well, kind of like how Horn of the Abyss mod for Heroes III references MM8's Regna.
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 06 Jun 2019, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

toreadorlelder
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby toreadorlelder » 07 Jun 2019, 02:28

David
Pogo sticks!!!

:)

As someone noted, the Jump spell. Either have 2 casters or make it the quick spell. It's also very useful in the Bracada Desert if you don't have Fly there, and wanna reach, say, the stat challenge. Or in the MM8 phase, where finding Fly in the shops is HARD, if you start there. With one caster you might need to be Master level Air to get the recovery time down enough, but with 2 casters it's pretty easy.

Dess
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dess » 07 Jun 2019, 09:58

Does anyone know how skillboosting things work?

I just ran a new party of all druids and found a ring on the emerald isle dragon that gave me +18 to disarm trap, now the druid cant have that skill normally, and it doesnt seem to work on them.

However I recruited a locksmith and the castle Harmondale traps didnt trigger after that.

So the question is, does the ring work at all on its own?
Does it work if you have the skill boosted by a NPC?
Or do I just get the NPC bonus?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 07 Jun 2019, 15:36

Question: What happens when I take everything I´ve learned from other 2 Undead Dragon paperdoll modifications?

Answer:

Kill me. I know that the Amulet is trashy as all hell as well as it´s based off Heroes III mod and thus completely breaks the story apart (the Blood Dragon, that is). (facepalm)

Remember, this is a prototype. Things WILL change. :tongue:
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 07 Jun 2019, 15:38, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 07 Jun 2019, 15:58

SpectralDragon wrote:Question: What happens when I take everything I´ve learned from other 2 Undead Dragon paperdoll modifications?

Answer:

Kill me. I know that the Amulet is trashy as all hell as well as it´s based off Heroes III mod and thus completely breaks the story apart (the Blood Dragon, that is). (facepalm)

This looks awesome. Can't wait for the portraits!
toreadorlelder wrote:
David
Pogo sticks!!!

:)

As someone noted, the Jump spell. Either have 2 casters or make it the quick spell. It's also very useful in the Bracada Desert if you don't have Fly there, and wanna reach, say, the stat challenge. Or in the MM8 phase, where finding Fly in the shops is HARD, if you start there. With one caster you might need to be Master level Air to get the recovery time down enough, but with 2 casters it's pretty easy.
Actually there is a climbing mechanic in the game. No spells needed. You just have to jump on a crossection between two slopes in an special angle, and then hit jump repeatedly while holding the direction where you want to climb - you will start moving up the same way as you would start moving down if you were to stop. I can do this in all three games vanilla, and in over 90% of the slopes provided by the games. I figured that out back when there was pretty much no Internet in Czech Republic (only in universities, and such). I can make a video about it.
Last edited by Templayer on 07 Jun 2019, 15:59, edited 1 time in total.

Jamesx
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jamesx » 07 Jun 2019, 17:15

SpectralDragon wrote:Question: What happens when I take everything I´ve learned from other 2 Undead Dragon paperdoll modifications?

Answer:

Wow. that's looks....terrifying :D That dragon must kill everyone on his way with just one look :D
Good idea and ofc amazing job on this one)))) ;)
His portraits will be hard to complete... it will be a blow-mind job :wall: :D
Last edited by Jamesx on 07 Jun 2019, 17:17, edited 1 time in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 07 Jun 2019, 17:18

Templayer wrote: This looks awesome. Can't wait for the portraits!
Thank you! Sorry if Mino Zombie is taking a ridiculous time to finish, GIMP keeps bloody crashing on me. -.-;;;
Jamesx wrote: Good idea and ofc amazing job on this one)))) ;)
Thanks! I only hope you both and any other person isn´t mad about an absolutely abyssal job on the amulet. I tried my best. ^^;
Jamesx wrote: His portraits will be hard to complete... it will be a blow-mind job :wall: :D
Once I´m done with the bloody Mino Zombie, that is. Bloody GIMP keeps crashing on me.
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 07 Jun 2019, 17:20, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 07 Jun 2019, 17:54

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote: This looks awesome. Can't wait for the portraits!
Thank you! Sorry if Mino Zombie is taking a ridiculous time to finish, GIMP keeps bloody crashing on me. -.-;;;
Jamesx wrote: Good idea and ofc amazing job on this one)))) ;)
Thanks! I only hope you both and any other person isn´t mad about an absolutely abyssal job on the amulet. I tried my best. ^^;
Jamesx wrote: His portraits will be hard to complete... it will be a blow-mind job :wall: :D
Once I´m done with the bloody Mino Zombie, that is. Bloody GIMP keeps crashing on me.
Yeah, I personally use a very old version of GIMP. The newer ones just suck donkey balls. The main guy behind it is a cretin. I read through a thread where HUNDREDS (and I am not exaggerating!) people are telling him that removing a particular way of saving / exporting that was default before is just wrong and should be available as a choice, and he told everyone that they are incorrect, because the current way is "his vision".

Heck, my ancient version of GIMP might have more features than yours the way he is developing it! :D :D
(and mine has never crashed, in the past ... 6 years of me using it?)
You should just go back to a version that is stable for you, if it crashes constantly it is not worth the bother.

And what the hell is wrong with the amulet? I do not get it. I didn't study it or zoom on it (yet), but it looks nice from a far.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 07 Jun 2019, 18:07

PS: I want to make Vampire voices for the Vampire variants, Blood Dragon included, so just I can make a video with your paperdoll in it. So bad. :D :D :D

Also since Vampire Necromancers could become Vampire Liches.... I wonder how a Blood Dracolich would look like! :D :D :D :D :D
(a bit over the top, I know, but still... :D :D :D )
Actually that would be the ONLY ONE of the "Vampire Liches" to get such a treatment I feel. I mean if we make racial variations of the Liches, then various vampire variants would turn into their respective lich racial variant, with the exception if this one, since liching a Blood Dragon wouldn't probably result in a standard Dracolich.

I think with this and all the other variations we have talked about we have exhausted all the possibilities for the undead. :D

Onto Trelfs then.
One guy: "If an elf and a dwarf have a kid, what is the result? A human?"
Other guy: "No, the result is a Trelf - half elf, half dwarf, with the worst characteristics of both races."
one guy: ".... so a human, then?"

^--- I'm joking with the Trelfs of course. :D

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 07 Jun 2019, 18:35

Templayer wrote:Yeah, I personally use a very old version of GIMP. The newer ones just suck donkey balls. The main guy behind it is a cretin. I read through a thread where HUNDREDS (and I am not exaggerating!) people are telling him that removing a particular way of saving / exporting that was default before is just wrong and should be available as a choice, and he told everyone that they are incorrect, because the current way is "his vision".

Heck, my ancient version of GIMP might have more features than yours the way he is developing it! :D :D
(and mine has never crashed, in the past ... 6 years of me using it?)
You should just go back to a version that is stable for you, if it crashes constantly it is not worth the bother.

And what the hell is wrong with the amulet? I do not get it. I didn't study it or zoom on it (yet), but it looks nice from a far.
True, but well, just gotta stick with i, since I can still get 3-5 portraits past before it shits the bed ... and I basically managed to discover why the hell is it crashing for me rn: it HATES working Indexed images, even if it´s a tiny-ass portrait. (100 facepalms) Lesson learned, don´t use Indexed Color when drawing your own paperdolls. :D :D :D The main dev of it does sound like a sh*t indeed, so yeah, sticking with the version I have for good for sure. ;)

I just don´t like how the "eye" of it came out and how blatantly obvious it is that it´s not from a game. -.-;; Bothers me to no end, but well, such is the life of a fledgling artist. Your own worst critic right here. XD
Templayer wrote:PS: I want to make Vampire voices for the Vampire variants, Blood Dragon included, so just I can make a video with your paperdoll in it. So bad. :D :D :D

Also since Vampire Necromancers could become Vampire Liches.... I wonder how a Blood Dracolich would look like! :D :D :D :D :D
(a bit over the top, I know, but still... :D :D :D )
Actually that would be the ONLY ONE of the "Vampire Liches" to get such a treatment I feel. I mean if we make racial variations of the Liches, then various vampire variants would turn into their respective lich racial variant, with the exception if this one, since liching a Blood Dragon wouldn't probably result in a standard Dracolich.

I think with this and all the other variations we have talked about we have exhausted all the possibilities for the undead. :D
Very much. :D :D :D As for the voices, I´d suggest you wait until I´m done with Liches and Zombies, so that you can get your material. Speaking of Zombies, I know how would a Troll Zombie look like now. XDD

How would a Blood Dracolich look like? Tbh, I´m imagining either paler or darker red bones, blood red eye orbs and much more tattered membrane ... even though seeing what Daedros is saying, I most likely ain˙t be doing a Vampire Dragon in the end. Sorry, I already have enough undead to worry about. :(
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 07 Jun 2019, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 07 Jun 2019, 18:54

Answer:

Ehhh, to me it makes more sense for the Vampiric Dragon to be a paler Dragon paperdoll with fangs, glowing red eyes, and that ruby collar. Afterall, no other Vampire is skeletal, not to mention there is no veins/heart on a skeletal dragon, nowhere for the blood to go when it drinks blood, not even a stomach to contain it.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 07 Jun 2019, 19:06

Daedros wrote:Ehhh, to me it makes more sense for the Vampiric Dragon to be a paler Dragon paperdoll with fangs, glowing red eyes, and that ruby collar. Afterall, no other Vampire is skeletal, not to mention there is no veins/heart on a skeletal dragon, nowhere for the blood to go when it drinks blood, not even a stomach to contain it.
Thus I˙m still even considering that, since Templayer said that it should look like WoG Blood Dragon, which looks like the one you see above. ^^; I sadly don´t have source files for living Dragons like the game shows, thus a skin-and-muscles version of this would be really really troublesome for me to do. :wall: :wall: :wall: Without mention that after the paperdoll, there is 56 different expressions to make via portraits and with Mino Zombie still being in works as well as needing to do a Mino Lich still ... yeah. This is the most I can do. :( And speaking of blood-drinking, I still wonder why does Lifedrain (which is the main basis for this one) look like energy drain instead.
And I just remembered, if you're using biology as a reason on why should it be a skin-and-muscles version, then let me ask you this:
How do you think Liches drink potions or eat apples/MM6 reagents and still get their effects going??? They're as much of an undead thing as Vampires are, albeit more skeletal ... and please don't take this all wrong, I just wish more reasons to make all of this make sense aside just "magic" (which doesn't apply this time, since all undead are magical in nature one way or another) since Blood Dragon is already a huge slap in the face of lore nerds and all.
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 07 Jun 2019, 19:41, edited 2 times in total.
Yes?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 07 Jun 2019, 19:31

Ok, people, seeing how stuff went here, I'm giving you some stoppers now in order to spare the drama for yourselves and frustrations for others:

-> Once I'm done with the Mino Zombie, I ain't doing more paperdolls until Rodril and/or GrayFace implement the existing ones (Redone and Fixed Dracolich, Ghost Dragon, Zombie Mino that's incoming) into the Merge and make sure everything works fine and dandy! I don't wish to burn myself out or go head over heels onto another one and give you results not worthy of this mod back. I hadn't mentioned Monster Ghost Dragons because that's purely Dev choice whenever to implement them in or not.

-> PLEASE PROVIDE ME SOURCE FILES OF WHAT YOU WISH TO SEE IN THE MOD! I can draw, yes, but I cannot keep things consistent between both the paperdoll and portraits as well as portraits themselves and my drawing style doesn't suit the game at all (believe me, I checked), thus I need your help in this area because I cannot do all of this on my own! :( If you wish me to see a Vampire Dragon or an Erathian Black Dragon that you think should be in the mod, then provide me with material I can use to make it into reality. Remember, both Redone and Fixed Dracolich as well as Ghost Dragon were made as a team effort! I need help as much as you guys do, so please, make it easier on all of us and do this, as this will make things that much more quicker. We all have real lives after all as well. :(

Sorry for being this blunt and harsh, but some anvils need to be dropped and I'm still but a fledgling artist in the end.
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 07 Jun 2019, 20:35, edited 2 times in total.
Yes?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 07 Jun 2019, 19:45

Daedros wrote:
SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote:As Spectral already said, the Brimstone Capnolithyl and the Brimstone from Shadowspire are the same character. By that I mean that one is a direct reference to the other. Maybe Rodril could at least change him from Dragon Dragon (race + class) to Vampire Dragon. That would be awesome. With a switch in a configuration file, so that hardcore purists might turn that off. Making him a Vampire race would provide him with Vampiric Abilities.
Exactly. Might as well go to the end, eh? :D :D
Vampire Dragon paperdolls should totally have a black collar around their neck with a big ruby in the middle of it. Yet another reference. Regular Vampire paperdolls all have a Nightshade Amulet on them.
David
Use the Jump spell repeatedly to "scale" the sides of the mountain, you'll eventually reach the top. Having two characters capable of casting Jump helps with this.
Thanks. :-D David

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 07 Jun 2019, 19:53

SpectralDragon wrote:
David
You're using Blender? Are you then able to get this awesome model and turn it into prototype images for all portrait expressions (56-57 images) and the paperdoll for the Erathian Black Dragon, please?
https://youtu.be/-Hw6KW0NyLE

You'll be doing a ton of favors for both me and others. All I'd wish to see if them is that they're big source images and that they're having transparent backgrounds. I'll link you Dracolich/Ghost Dragon source images just to give you some ideas. :)
I believe that blender has the ability to print an image of the 3D models made in blender. I need to check on that. What is the 3D format of the dragon on your link? David :)

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 07 Jun 2019, 19:59

DaveHer wrote:Ibelieve that blender has the ability to print an image of the 3D models made in blender. I need to check on that. What is the 3D format of the dragon on your link? David :)
I sadly don't know, as I wasn't the one that made said Erathian Black Dragon in the video. I think you can find this out via links left in the video's description though, or rather I hope, as I don't know anything about Blender. Just saw this video and thought of it being a really nice addition to this mod.
Shameful, I know. ^^;
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 07 Jun 2019, 20:00, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

Return to “Might and Magic”