Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
waltc
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Unread postby waltc » 08 Jan 2018, 02:04

equs wrote:I can't turn off the weather..... I tried rename the "weather.lua" to "weather.lua.off" that didn't work. Then I moved the file out of the folder. That also didn't work.... sometimes it starts snowing.
I noticed that it snows in the colder months but rains in the warmer months, as you would expect. I only wish the snow would stick...;) In one area of M&M--can't recall which game atm--you are in a snowbound area--which I thought was nicely presented. These games still have an abundance of charm even today--perhaps moreso today because the technology to run them properly is *so much better* now. I really like the DGVoodoo2 solution for Rodril's fantastic work here--I used mmtool for mm7 a long time ago--and it was nice in that you could get high res (sort of) in MM7 even though the game's UI was split on screen and the smacker portions weren't supported--but this DG Voodoo2 config at 2560x1440 with mouselook is *so much better* than that, even.

Were you able to edit weather.lua? I'll check it out, myself--thanks for reminding me!
Win10x64
R5 1600 @ 3.8GHz
Radeon RX-480 8GB
16 GB ram
4.2 TB's of storage

equs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby equs » 08 Jan 2018, 10:14

Another bug:
I have startet in Jadame. Then I traveled to MM7 and upgraded fort harmondale (all areas are open). Then I traveled back to jadame and leveled up my heroes (from lv 30 to lv 70). Now I went back to fort Harmondale. A lot of Rats and Goblins awaited me and all chests were empty or full of waste. All my Items and Artifacts I have stored in these chests were gone.... Lucky that I have saved an additional savestate befor leveling up. Can you please fix this @Rodril?

Edit: for now it's better to leave the objects items that you want to keep in the inventory of a hero in the Tavern.
Last edited by equs on 08 Jan 2018, 23:36, edited 3 times in total.

equs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby equs » 08 Jan 2018, 11:48

waltc wrote:...Were you able to edit weather.lua? I'll check it out, myself--thanks for reminding me!
I don't know how to edit lua files. so I didn't try. But I tried to remove the file from the folder and this also don't turned off the weather....
Last edited by equs on 08 Jan 2018, 11:50, edited 2 times in total.

equs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby equs » 08 Jan 2018, 12:19

And Another bug:
I Killed the High Priest of Baa In the Temple of Baa located in Avlee and get his cloak. But Batholomew Hume (in Harmondale) still say, that I have to kill that priest...

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 08 Jan 2018, 17:42

quick sidequestion:
in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-SsL6FH4lg there is a version of mm7 in higher resolution found at http://www.svetmightandmagic.cz/downloa ... ace.php#o9 (you probably have to google-translate it to your language).
is it possible to bring this into the project too?
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

albahr
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby albahr » 08 Jan 2018, 18:06

@Rodril you've been quiet for a few days so... should we expect something bigger?

equs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby equs » 08 Jan 2018, 23:38

Another bug:
Not all Charakters, that join your party appear in the Tavern. And in the Tavern of Tatalia are only a few characters available.

equs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby equs » 08 Jan 2018, 23:41

albahr wrote:@Rodril you've been quiet for a few days so... should we expect something bigger?
I think we should be patient, maybe he is on vacation, or ill or something else.

@Rodril We are waiting for you

PicturesOfLily
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby PicturesOfLily » 09 Jan 2018, 03:30

I just wanted to say;
This is amazing. Truly. Thank you for all your work Rodril! It feels like you've brought back this forum, which it itself is well...marvelous.

equs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby equs » 09 Jan 2018, 12:07

Is it possible to get the Blaster skill in this merged game (I call it MMM)?

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 09 Jan 2018, 12:49

@equs

I believe it is. I asked someone about it earlier on (not sure if on forums or PM) and I was told that blasters have indeed been scripted to work. So it should be possible to get the skill, no? But someone would have to confirm it :)

nortonex
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby nortonex » 09 Jan 2018, 20:15

@Echo, @Equs yes you can have blaster skill - I've learned it in Antagarich the same way as in original MM7.

Another flaws:
- memory crystals don't generate that noisy sound when nearby
- you can access memory crystal in castle Alamos without password

equs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby equs » 10 Jan 2018, 11:58

Ma party is about level 70 and I almost finished MM8 and MM7. So now I left all my weapons, rings, armors and evereything else in th inventory of heros staying in the tavern, traveled to Antagarich (MM6) and equipped the stuff I found or bought in New Sorpigal. I always wanted to play MM6, but heared from others that it is a lot more difficult than MM7 and MM8. And now I can confirm. there are so much monsters in the first dungeon... it's horrible. Even bats and snakes killed a few times some party members. I love it! hahaha. I thought the game is nearly over, but now it starts again in Antagarich. Rodril, Thank you so much!!! I hope you will continue this awesome project. You make my wish of the 90's real! :applause:
Last edited by equs on 10 Jan 2018, 11:59, edited 1 time in total.

Waffel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Waffel » 10 Jan 2018, 12:00

Good day, everyone!

This might be off-topic, though I have a few question to Master Rodril about scripting.
Lately I've been playing The Witcher 3 and was struck with the idea of reproducing Witcher class in "MMM" via changing stats and skill pool for Knight class. Note: this class was made for solo character walkthrough. Here's what I come up with:

- The main "S.P.E.C.I.A.L." stats for a witcher are speed and accuracy (or so I've decided them to be). I've modified Human race by making Speed and Accuracy increase by 2 pts per 1 bonus point.
- Stats for Knight class were tweaked in a way to make solo character tough enough to survive all those Titans'n'Dragons in the late game and intelligent enogh to be able to cast some 'signs' like an ordinary witcher: HP Base is 60, HP add per level is 7/10/13 for each promo respectively. SP are scaled by Intelligence and more restricted: Base SP is 4 and SP add per level is 1/2/3 for each promo respectively;
- Weapon skills (hope them to be based upon the original Witcher game): Staff (E/E/M), Sword (M/M/G), Dagger (M/M/M), Axe (E/E/M), Spear (n/a), Bow (E/M/G), Mace (E/E/M), Blaster (G/G/G), Unarmed (M/G/G);
- Armor skills: Shield (B/E/E), Leather (M/G/G), Chain (M/M/G), Plate (E/E/E), Dodging (M/G/G);
- Magic skills: all magic is B/E/E. Anyway, there's not so much SP for scorching enemies down by attacking spells but quite enough for a little buff. Witchers can do some magic, but not like professional Sorcerers or even Druid healers.
- Miscellaneous skills: Identify Item (B/E/E), Merchant (E/E/E), Repair Item (M/M/M), Body Building (M/M/G), Meditation (B/B/E), Perception (M/M/G), Regeneration (E/M/G), Disarm Trap (E/M/G), Identify Monster (E/M/G), Armsmaster (M/M/G), Alchemy (E/M/G), Learning (B/B/B).
- Knight class name and promo names haven't been changed. Promotion quests are the same as for Knight class.

The link for table files to aplly Witcher class is here: https://puu.sh/yYfXN/2375605d71.zip

While testing out this new class I've faced some problems:
- If there's Rodril's moster levelling system enabled, it might become difficult to face the hordes of enemies that have been levelled up. E.g. goblins in Harmondale can be deadly in great numbers for 1st promo Knight (Cavalier) at level above 20 if your AC is below 100. From here the next problem appears;
- It's not enough Skill Points to withstand all the growing difficulties by a solo character. Maybe if it was possible to scale Skill Points received at training centers a little bit (two times as much maybe)...
- I think alchemy could cover some of these problems with something like new Potion of Mastery (black potion made of black potions. Adds Skill Points). Also I've tried to reproduce some of the mixtures from The Witcher (like health regen potion and SP regen potion) but I have little knowledge of how to script such over time effects for potions. Some already existing script of white or compound potion granting a buff for an amount of time and a little help would be apperciated.

equs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby equs » 10 Jan 2018, 12:22

Another Bug:

I have found the artifact plate armor from MM8. It is only for knights. but when I wanted to equip it, every knight says that he/she can't equip this. Could it be because of the promotion to cavalier from MM7? So that a cavalier is not the same as a knight anymore....

equs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby equs » 10 Jan 2018, 12:29

Waffel wrote:...It's not enough Skill Points to withstand all the growing difficulties by a solo character. Maybe if it was possible to scale Skill Points received at training centers a little bit (two times as much maybe)...
- I think alchemy could cover some of these problems with something like new Potion of Mastery (black potion made of black potions. Adds Skill Points)...
Nice idea as a single player challange mode to choose in the beginning of the game.
If you have only one character, you can give him/her every horseshoe you found (2-3 nearby every stable in any town of any continent. 2 skill points per horseshoe and they respawn). That may solve the problem with the skill points.
There is also a well in the Land of Giants (MM7) that give you random effects if you drink from it (it can give you status boosts, skill points, money or negative Conditions).
Last edited by equs on 10 Jan 2018, 12:47, edited 1 time in total.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 10 Jan 2018, 14:08

I really like the idea of the skill point potion :D A wonderful reason to finally use all of those ingredients!

Waffel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Waffel » 10 Jan 2018, 15:59

@equs @Echo

I've made that potion. It requires two any black potions except Stone to Flesh one and it gives 1 skill point per point of strength. Cost 5000 Gold. Has a chance to appear in tier 4, 5 and 6 shops. Not so easy to acquire, not too imbalance for solo char walkthrough (especially when you need this character to be as strong as four or five). It will be still hard enough to level up skills to 60. There are not so many ingredients to make dozens of black potions.

Here's the link for tables with that potion. https://puu.sh/yYmal/47d407383f.zip You may need MMArchive in order to add ITEMS.txt, rnditems.txt, POTION.txt and POTNOTES.txt to Data\EnglishT.lod archive. Potion settings.txt goes to Data\Tables folder.

To try this potion right away you may type this into MMExtension window: evt.GiveItem{1,0,2201}

MMArchive: https://puu.sh/yYmY6/38e7410642.rar
Last edited by Waffel on 10 Jan 2018, 16:04, edited 3 times in total.

equs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby equs » 11 Jan 2018, 08:44

Waffel wrote:...- Magic skills: all magic is B/E/E. Anyway, there's not so much SP for scorching enemies down by attacking spells but quite enough for a little buff...
I think B/E/M would be better if you really want to play with a single hero. Because some spells are really useful and playing without even town portal will be a little frustrating I think....

There should be also a solution for the very small inventory from only one hero for all the things you find/need. I mean only the quest objects are sometimes big and there are many of them. And instead of 4 or 5 inventories you will have only one.

And if you play with only one hero, conditions like stone, paralysis or extermination are deadly.
Last edited by equs on 11 Jan 2018, 08:48, edited 1 time in total.

Waffel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Waffel » 11 Jan 2018, 12:02

@equs
Yes, I was thinking about B\E\M at least for Body Magic as it has Protection from Magic (Stone/Paralysis/Poison/Disease/Sleep protection). This even comes along the witcher lore pretty well as the witchers are immune to diseases and such. But sure, spending hours on travelling by foot to get to another continent or even to locations like Nighon and back to mainland is a liiiiiittle bit boring. Also, here in MMM we don't have all those powerful concoctions and mixtures that allow a single character to survive at least one mortal blow or to be strong enough to beat a bunch of tough enemies. Advanced magical buffs could cover this gap in power. Maybe it would be a good idea to overhaul the potion system for solo and party walkthroughs.

Here's new skill setup for solo play. B/E/M magic and E/E/M plate (was E/E/E but to ignore half a physical damage while still being penalized a bit in speed seems fair). https://puu.sh/yYZsV/867f7b1d57.zip

Also I've forgot to post a code for MMExtension to enable Potion of Mastery (otherwise I would have to put the whole Data folder in here). Here it is:

Code: Select all

evt.PotionEffects[52]=function(IsDrunk,Target,Power)
    if IsDrunk then
        evt.PlaySound{152}
        Target.SkillPoints=Target.SkillPoints+Power
        end
end
Link at PotionofMastery.lua (add this file to Scripts\Global): https://puu.sh/yZ9F4/ac7832843f.rar

About one inventory instead of five: it's really a problem since you need to carry all those potions for sustain and a HUGE Korbu's Coffin in addition. However, as you have only one character who can do almost every trick in this game and who needs only one set of armor and weapons, you save up so much gold that it is not even needed to loot every chest to the bottom. Although it's always good to have with you some gear for special cases and a place in your bag for artifacts that cost a fortune. Unluckily I'm not good enough at scripting for now. I wish I could offer anyting to solve this problem.
Last edited by Waffel on 11 Jan 2018, 17:49, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”