Good day, everyone!
This might be off-topic, though I have a few question to Master Rodril about scripting.
Lately I've been playing The Witcher 3 and was struck with the idea of reproducing Witcher class in "MMM" via changing stats and skill pool for Knight class. Note: this class was made for solo character walkthrough. Here's what I come up with:
- The main "S.P.E.C.I.A.L." stats for a witcher are speed and accuracy (or so I've decided them to be). I've modified Human race by making Speed and Accuracy increase by 2 pts per 1 bonus point.
- Stats for Knight class were tweaked in a way to make solo character tough enough to survive all those Titans'n'Dragons in the late game and intelligent enogh to be able to cast some 'signs' like an ordinary witcher: HP Base is 60, HP add per level is 7/10/13 for each promo respectively. SP are scaled by Intelligence and more restricted: Base SP is 4 and SP add per level is 1/2/3 for each promo respectively;
- Weapon skills (hope them to be based upon the original Witcher game): Staff (E/E/M), Sword (M/M/G), Dagger (M/M/M), Axe (E/E/M), Spear (n/a), Bow (E/M/G), Mace (E/E/M), Blaster (G/G/G), Unarmed (M/G/G);
- Armor skills: Shield (B/E/E), Leather (M/G/G), Chain (M/M/G), Plate (E/E/E), Dodging (M/G/G);
- Magic skills: all magic is B/E/E. Anyway, there's not so much SP for scorching enemies down by attacking spells but quite enough for a little buff. Witchers can do some magic, but not like professional Sorcerers or even Druid healers.
- Miscellaneous skills: Identify Item (B/E/E), Merchant (E/E/E), Repair Item (M/M/M), Body Building (M/M/G), Meditation (B/B/E), Perception (M/M/G), Regeneration (E/M/G), Disarm Trap (E/M/G), Identify Monster (E/M/G), Armsmaster (M/M/G), Alchemy (E/M/G), Learning (B/B/B).
- Knight class name and promo names haven't been changed. Promotion quests are the same as for Knight class.
The link for table files to aplly Witcher class is here: https://puu.sh/yYfXN/2375605d71.zip
While testing out this new class I've faced some problems:
- If there's Rodril's moster levelling system enabled, it might become difficult to face the hordes of enemies that have been levelled up. E.g. goblins in Harmondale can be deadly in great numbers for 1st promo Knight (Cavalier) at level above 20 if your AC is below 100. From here the next problem appears;
- It's not enough Skill Points to withstand all the growing difficulties by a solo character. Maybe if it was possible to scale Skill Points received at training centers a little bit (two times as much maybe)...
- I think alchemy could cover some of these problems with something like new Potion of Mastery (black potion made of black potions. Adds Skill Points). Also I've tried to reproduce some of the mixtures from The Witcher (like health regen potion and SP regen potion) but I have little knowledge of how to script such over time effects for potions. Some already existing script of white or compound potion granting a buff for an amount of time and a little help would be apperciated.